Options

Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    Saltzy23 said:
    There is a "cheap" (and by "cheap" I mean the best price I have seen since Friday) pair for MSG on Stubhb right now for anyone looking.

$405 before fees.

Edit....aaaaaand sold in 2 minutes.
    Had my eyes on those. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    For those complaining about this, tickets for the Lakers home game tomorrow went from like $200-$250 to over $1,000 in the span of like 2 hours so that people can be seen in the "place to be" to mourn a guy that died at 41 with his kid sitting next to him.

I'm guessing most are going more to be seen at a "big event in LA" than mourn the loss of a guy in the middle of his life.

People are gonna be people.  At some point ya just kinda have to accept it and figure out the best ways to navigate it.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    For those complaining about this, tickets for the Lakers home game tomorrow went from like $200-$250 to over $1,000 in the span of like 2 hours so that people can be seen in the "place to be" to mourn a guy that died at 41 with his kid sitting next to him.

I'm guessing most are going more to be seen at a "big event in LA" than mourn the loss of a guy in the middle of his life.

People are gonna be people.  At some point ya just kinda have to accept it and figure out the best ways to navigate it.
    Disgusting but very true 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    PB11041 said:
    Redditor posted today they called TM - NY & CO will not be participating in the face value exchange.

Thanks PJ for the perfect storm of decisions bringing us the most expensive concert tickets ever!
    Blame the laws in those states not pearl jam

PJ knows the laws
    PJ sets the dates
    PJ decided to do an extremely light N.east run after 4 years of no arena shows
    PJ could have picked Newark 
    PJ decided not to bundle fall dates w/ spring for NYC to lower odds
    PJ wanted to bask in the bright lights of Broadway when Gigaton is released.

Other than that, I'm in full agreement. $20,000 tickets and no face value exchange are NYS fault.
    It is not that simple.  The venues all have to get in line with what PJ wants to do not only date wise but how they handle the fanclub tickets.  Ticketmaster doesn't own the venues, just the contract to distribute tickets for events in the venues.  If a venue says NAH you can't have that many seats or some other variety of things, they are not getting a PJ show.    This has been going on for awhile now where venues have been axed because they can't comply with contract bid the promoter puts out on behalf of the band.

So, could they have picked alt venues in the greater NYC area, sure, but there is no evidence that they didn't want to but dates and assorted other things may not have lined up.

And it is also entirely possible that Ticketmaster asked given all the concessions that were made to try and make this tour work that they also have MSG and Denver in the mix to see how the whole process shakes out.  

I'm guessing The Rock would have jumped sideways and given everything they had to get a PJ show

IMO PJ wanted the best of both worlds. To be on the Broadway stage as giga debuts and not have enough time to do their usual 2 show NY minimum. So they inadvertently shatter a world record with concert ticket prices?

As Rick Perry famously said, oops.

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    PB11041 said:
    Redditor posted today they called TM - NY & CO will not be participating in the face value exchange.

Thanks PJ for the perfect storm of decisions bringing us the most expensive concert tickets ever!
    Blame the laws in those states not pearl jam

PJ knows the laws
    PJ sets the dates
    PJ decided to do an extremely light N.east run after 4 years of no arena shows
    PJ could have picked Newark 
    PJ decided not to bundle fall dates w/ spring for NYC to lower odds
    PJ wanted to bask in the bright lights of Broadway when Gigaton is released.

Other than that, I'm in full agreement. $20,000 tickets and no face value exchange are NYS fault.
    It is not that simple.  The venues all have to get in line with what PJ wants to do not only date wise but how they handle the fanclub tickets.  Ticketmaster doesn't own the venues, just the contract to distribute tickets for events in the venues.  If a venue says NAH you can't have that many seats or some other variety of things, they are not getting a PJ show.    This has been going on for awhile now where venues have been axed because they can't comply with contract bid the promoter puts out on behalf of the band.

So, could they have picked alt venues in the greater NYC area, sure, but there is no evidence that they didn't want to but dates and assorted other things may not have lined up.

And it is also entirely possible that Ticketmaster asked given all the concessions that were made to try and make this tour work that they also have MSG and Denver in the mix to see how the whole process shakes out.  

I'm guessing The Rock would have jumped sideways and given everything they had to get a PJ show

IMO PJ wanted the best of both worlds. To be on the Broadway stage as giga debuts and not have enough time to do their usual 2 show NY minimum. So they inadvertently shatter a world record with concert ticket prices?

As Rick Perry famously said, oops.

At least part of what's driving the high secondary market prices is the fact that the band worked to get more tickets into our hands as fan club members in the first place, so there was even less supply than usual on the primary Ticketmaster market.

I went to the show that they added in Newark in 2010. After striking out for the MSG shows I was going to pay StubHub prices but was able to get tickets for that one instead. Without debating the merits of that Newark show, the lesson I took away from the experience was: it's worth it to pay the price to get into the Garden.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

I fully accept it. But I believe the many conditions that led to the shattering of the concert world arena price record (by the one band who has done everything they could to fight scalping) is at the very least a bit interesting if not ironic.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

I fully accept it. But I believe the many conditions that led to the shattering of the concert world arena price record (by the one band who has done everything they could to fight scalping) is at the very least a bit interesting if not ironic.
    Do you have a source for this world record thing? I'm not asking because I doubt you, but because if it's true I want to be able to brag about it.
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been asked before...

I know that in NY and CO state laws require the ability to sell/transfer tickets, but does that mean these shows won't be included in the fan to fan exchange on February 18?

Thanks for the clarification everyone!
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Do you have a source for this world record thing? I'm not asking because I doubt you, but because if it's true I want to be able to brag about it.

One of the toughest things on internet commenting is tongue in cheek.

But for the record, I do not recall ever seeing prices like this or anything close for an arena. These are super bowl prices (except for the ceiling bridge seats).

• Options

I know that in NY and CO state laws require the ability to sell/transfer tickets, but does that mean these shows won't be included in the fan to fan exchange on February 18?

Someone on reddit claimed to have called TM and was told that.
  • Options

Someone on reddit claimed to have called TM and was told that.
    Ha yea, that's what made me come here to ask. I emailed 10C Support to ask. Keep you posted.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    My one big question is: how will TM prevent bots from seeing the F2F ticket postings first?

I'm not going to theorize conspiratorially, it's just on my mind.
    The tickets are not transferrable. The barcode changes constantly. There is no way the scalpers can resell the tickets (unless they’re in NY or CO).

Essentially this system guarantees the ticket never make a profit beyond its face value.
    You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried. There are plenty of ways around the new system for brokers to sell all shows...
  • Options
    goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    tdawe said:
    Like I said in the other thread, I'm pretty encouraged that there aren't a lot of listings out there right now. If the scumbags had a plan it would be clear by now. They might genuinely be wrong-footed by this.
    Sure, me too. The impact of the bots and brokers will be minimized and 10C seems to have told sites like StubHub and Seatgeek that they can't list these shows. The attempts to still scalp will be smaller in scale and using other methods.

Still an improvement though. 100%.
    Stubhub and seat geek don’t allow the selling of tickets in the way needed to get around the restrictions. The only thing it really accomplished is push the tickets to other sites and pushes the prices up by lowering supply with a heavy demand...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    goblues82 said:
    tdawe said:
    Like I said in the other thread, I'm pretty encouraged that there aren't a lot of listings out there right now. If the scumbags had a plan it would be clear by now. They might genuinely be wrong-footed by this.
    Sure, me too. The impact of the bots and brokers will be minimized and 10C seems to have told sites like StubHub and Seatgeek that they can't list these shows. The attempts to still scalp will be smaller in scale and using other methods.

Stubhub and seat geek don’t allow the selling of tickets in the way needed to get around the restrictions. The only thing it really accomplished is push the tickets to other sites and pushes the prices up by lowering supply with a heavy demand...
    Jury is still out on this until we see how things go with the exchanges. Anyone buying on one of those sites right now deserves to get fleeced.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    pjl44 said:
    goblues82 said:
    tdawe said:

Jury is still out on this until we see how things go with the exchanges. Anyone buying on one of those sites right now deserves to get fleeced.
    yeah or they have so much money to burn that all logic goes out the window...screw them
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Do I need to register for this thing? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    MR242791 said:

does this mean i can't trade my Toronto ten club ticket for an MSG ten club ticket?
    You can’t trade tickets period. You only buy and sell them on the fan to fan exchange. And yes, NY tickets are excluded.
    Is this real? No MSG for the fan to fan exchange?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    MR242791 said:

does this mean i can't trade my Toronto ten club ticket for an MSG ten club ticket?
    You can’t trade tickets period. You only buy and sell them on the fan to fan exchange. And yes, NY tickets are excluded.
    Is this real? No MSG for the fan to fan exchange?
    Technically you don't need one. If someone wants to sell for face, just go over to GTF. Post it, sell it, transfer it.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    People seem to keep asking this so I'm going to say it one more time:

All tickets outside NY and CO are non-transferable, so you can't resell them on StubHub or even send them over to your friends (because from TM's perspective there's no way to tell the difference). NY and CO tickets, due to applicable state laws, are freely transferable so TM is not allowed to stop you from selling them on StubHub. For the non-transferable shows, they are setting up a "Fan To Fan Ticket Exchange" to allow people whose plans change or otherwise don't want their tickets anymore to resell them for face value only. As far as we know, such an exchange would operate a lot like StubHub, with the only real difference being that you have to list the tickets at face instead of making your own price. The point is that there would not be new inventory being sold by the venue or Ticketmaster on the exchange; the only tickets available to buy will be the ones that other ticketholders want to sell.

There seem to be a number of people here who were counting on such an exchange to provide access to face value tickets for NYC and Denver, and who are disappointed by a rumor from Reddit that the exchanges won't be set up for those shows. The key thing to understand, though, is that it doesn't matter whether or not the exchanges exist for NYC and Denver because nobody would have any reason to list their tickets on them when they could just use StubHub, which will allow them to sell for any price they want. Apparently some people are hopeful that there will be good samaritans out there who will wish to resell extra tickets for face value rather than at StubHub markups. If any of those people do exist, they are free to list their tickets for face value on StubHub just like they would on the Fan To Fan Exchange. Or they could head over to the Given To Fly forum and try to connect with another fan club member if they want to make sure that their tickets end up in a fan's hands and not a reseller (which, I might add, is an option they do not have for other shows).

The bottom line is that the Fan To Fan Exchange is not going to help you if you're looking for tickets for MSG or Denver, and that's not a result of TM refusing to set it up, it's a byproduct of arguably misguided state laws about selling non-transferable tickets. The good news is that you can still keep your eye on the boards here and try to find someone who ends up with extras. It probably won't happen in the short term, as right now the G2F forum is just a list of 0 reply threads titled "ISO two for MSG", but as the shows get closer keep checking in there and see if anything pops up. 
    Post edited by tdawe on
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    tdawe said:

All tickets outside NY and CO are non-transferable, so you can't resell them on StubHub or even send them over to your friends (because from TM's perspective there's no way to tell the difference). NY and CO tickets, due to applicable state laws, are freely transferable so TM is not allowed to stop you from selling them on StubHub. For the non-transferable shows, they are setting up a "Fan To Fan Ticket Exchange" to allow people whose plans change or otherwise don't want their tickets anymore to resell them for face value only. As far as we know, such an exchange would operate a lot like StubHub, with the only real difference being that you have to list the tickets at face instead of making your own price. The point is that there would not be new inventory being sold by the venue or Ticketmaster on the exchange; the only tickets available to buy will be the ones that other ticketholders want to sell.

There seem to be a number of people here who were counting on such an exchange to provide access to face value tickets for NYC and Denver, and who are disappointed by a rumor from Reddit that the exchanges won't be set up for those shows. The key thing to understand, though, is that it doesn't matter whether or not the exchanges exist for NYC and Denver because nobody would have any reason to list their tickets on them when they could just use StubHub, which will allow them to sell for any price they want. Apparently some people are hopeful that there will be good samaritans out there who will wish to resell extra tickets for face value rather than at StubHub markups. If any of those people do exist, they are free to list their tickets for face value on StubHub just like they would on the Fan To Fan Exchange. Or they could head over to the Given To Fly forum and try to connect with another fan club member if they want to make sure that their tickets end up in a fan's hands and not a reseller (which, I might add, is an option they do not have for other shows).

The bottom line is that the Fan To Fan Exchange is not going to help you if you're looking for tickets for MSG or Baltimore, and that's not a result of TM refusing to set it up, it's a byproduct of arguably misguided state laws about selling non-transferable tickets. The good news is that you can still keep your eye on the boards here and try to find someone who ends up with extras. It probably won't happen in the short term, as right now the G2F forum is just a list of 0 reply threads titled "ISO two for MSG", but as the shows get closer keep checking in there and see if anything pops up. 
    Great post, tdawe. One typo in that last paragraph. Believe you meant to say MSG or Denver. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:

The bottom line is that the Fan To Fan Exchange is not going to help you if you're looking for tickets for MSG or Baltimore, and that's not a result of TM refusing to set it up, it's a byproduct of arguably misguided state laws about selling non-transferable tickets. The good news is that you can still keep your eye on the boards here and try to find someone who ends up with extras. It probably won't happen in the short term, as right now the G2F forum is just a list of 0 reply threads titled "ISO two for MSG", but as the shows get closer keep checking in there and see if anything pops up. 
    Great post, tdawe. One typo in that last paragraph. Believe you meant to say MSG or Denver. 
    Yes. And well done. 
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    I'm faithful.  I'm hoping to score an MSG ticket through fan to fan.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176
    Oh man 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:

Thanks. It was probably less of a typo than what you'd call a Freudian Slip.
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:

Thanks. It was probably less of a typo than what you'd call a Freudian Slip.
    "if you're looking for tickets to MSG or to have sex with your mother...."
  • Options
    I thought TM tickets were non transferrable in NY but the club can make them non transferrable?

Sound like they both are non transferrable?
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    edited January 2020
    I thought TM tickets were non transferrable in NY but the club can make them non transferrable?

"...tickets will be mobile-only and strictly non-transferable, except in NY and CO where transferability is required by state law."

Post edited by mpedone on
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    Is anyone planning sell their tix on F2F? I am probably putting my two Toronto tix on it.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    edited January 2020
    ajflicker said:
    Is anyone planning sell their tix on F2F? I am probably putting my two Toronto tix on it.
    I am....I got two tix to Oak2 on the verified sale figuring I'll keep the best seats once I know where 10c has me
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mpedone said:

"...tickets will be mobile-only and strictly non-transferable, except in NY and CO where transferability is required by state law."

Right, so club seats can be scalped?

That was my initial question/ curiosity.