Options

Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

Comments

• Options
    PearlJamFanLVPearlJamFanLV Las Vegas, NV Posts: 42
    Ok, so I have 2 tix to SD that are true 10C lottery seats, member in the 175*** range.  But I would like to go to CO show as well.  Will the F2F be able to help me, or only if I did verified fan thingy, which I do not.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Ok, so I have 2 tix to SD that are true 10C lottery seats, member in the 175*** range.  But I would like to go to CO show as well.  Will the F2F be able to help me, or only if I did verified fan thingy, which I do not.
    yes it will be available...still not real clear how it works yet
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    I'm thinking TM will give you a deadline to decide if you want to unload your tickets.  Once that deadline passes, they announce another "sale" date.  That day comes and if your tickets are bought, the money goes back onto your card and another fan is happy.  

Since people will know what they are unloading for tickets, a thread could be made where you say "hey, I'm releasing 2 tix in section 103, row X for city Z". It's not just limited to 10C members, so there will be more, but at least it'll give people an idea as to what is available.  

Of course, this could be way off. Maybe they will give us more of an idea prior to 2/18
  • Options
    I'm thinking TM will give you a deadline to decide if you want to unload your tickets.  Once that deadline passes, they announce another "sale" date.  That day comes and if your tickets are bought, the money goes back onto your card and another fan is happy.  

Since people will know what they are unloading for tickets, a thread could be made where you say "hey, I'm releasing 2 tix in section 103, row X for city Z". It's not just limited to 10C members, so there will be more, but at least it'll give people an idea as to what is available.  

Of course, this could be way off. Maybe they will give us more of an idea prior to 2/18
    I think it will open on 2-18 and you can post your tickets for sale anytime up until show time
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    It doesn't sound like Denver or MSG will have the exchange. You may have to try the public sale or look for someone on here who is unloading (since those tickets can be transferred).
  • Options
    I was trying to find out through another thread how or if I could trade up if anyone was interested.
    I have 4 Ottawa tickets in the 300's in 2 different sections. I want to trade up for two better seats... Is there anything wrong with that?
    The moderator shut the thread with a condescending comment to boot... Why? I'm trying to educate myself and or improve my seats.. What"s wrong with that? In no way am I trying to profit...
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283636/iso-toronto-2020-tickets
    So now I'm actually worried about even going with 3 friends... What happens after we enter the venue and have to go to our respective seats and the tickets are on my phone only? How will the other 2 people be allowed to their seats ?
    I'll have to get my answers through ticketmaster...
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    23 years in fan club, got shut out of presale. . .if anyone has extra for MSG and/Baltimore im good for both
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 673
    edited January 2020

So now I'm actually worried about even going with 3 friends... What happens after we enter the venue and have to go to our respective seats and the tickets are on my phone only? How will the other 2 people be allowed to their seats ?
    I'll have to get my answers through ticketmaster...
    You can give your friends a screen shot of their ticket to use once they are inside the arena. Also sometimes the venue prints out a receipt with ticket information when you scan your ticket at entry.
    Post edited by PJINFLA on
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    G-FuryG-Fury Posts: 53
    edited January 2020
    25 year member and got shut out on my only one. I picked Phoenix(Glendale) and got nothing :( . Not even an email saying sorry. The thing I don't understand is that I know some people who actually had Phoenix as their #8 choice and got it. I hope there are some who want to sell their Phoenix tickets. Not sure how this is going to work. Haven't read through this whole thread yet. So If anyone has phoenix that they will sell DM me so I know there is a possibility that I can get some.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    G-Fury said:
    25 year member and got shut out on my only one. I picked Phoenix(Glendale) and got nothing :( . Not even an email saying sorry. The thing I don't understand is that I know some people who actually had Phoenix as their #8 choice and got it. I hope there are some who want to sell their Phoenix tickets. Not sure how this is going to work. Haven't read through this whole thread yet. So If anyone has phoenix that they will sell DM me so I know there is a possibility that I can get some.
    Check your credit card if you got charged or not. 

If you put in for Phoenix as RES or BA as a first pick yes you should have been selected so either you put it in incorrectly or they messed up. Call the number on the confirmation email to see whats up.
  • Options
    sk8drchiksk8drchik Posts: 213
    Well, right now I am banking on this F2F market cause I didn't get into any of the shows I wanted. :( It will be interesting to see how this all works. I do know I will be looking constantly for tix starting Feb 18th! 
    Li
  • Options
    I know there’s still the public on-sale, but that I believe will be more for show than anything. So I really hope this market allows us fans who have been shut out of 2 sales now to get in. I’m very disappointed there hasn’t been more 10C communication about it. It wouldn’t that hard to jump on here and answer some questions about a specific thing like the marketplace for an hour. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    I know there’s still the public on-sale, but that I believe will be more for show than anything. So I really hope this market allows us fans who have been shut out of 2 sales now to get in. I’m very disappointed there hasn’t been more 10C communication about it. It wouldn’t that hard to jump on here and answer some questions about a specific thing like the marketplace for an hour. 
    Yes, except the question everyone wants to ask is “will I get tickets?” and the answer will be “nobody knows”.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Too many people didnt read the emails we were already sent regarding the ticketing process. Why send out more information now when the market won't even open for another month?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    G-Fury said:
    Did you put in for GA only?  It seems like the only people (outside of MSG, Balt and to a lesser extent Denver) who didn't get tix were people who requested GA only or folks who didn't follow all of the steps that were outlined by TM and 10c.  
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I think it is safe to assume that TM are going to charge both the buyers and sellers a bunch of fees on the fan to fan sales.
    Anyone who buys extra tickets thinking that they can just sell them on the fan to fan site and get all if their money back is going to be disappointed.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:
    I think it is safe to assume that TM are going to charge both the buyers and sellers a bunch of fees on the fan to fan sales.
    Anyone who buys extra tickets thinking that they can just sell them on the fan to fan site and get all if their money back is going to be disappointed.
    For fans who are unable to use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer North America’s first Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, which will allow fans to resell their tickets for the price they paid (including all fees). The Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange will launch on February 18, 2020. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
  • Options
    Most of my career here is just cutting and pasting.
  • Options
    And we appreciate that

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    "I think it's safe to assume [thing where the complete opposite was in the instructions]"
  • Options
    Yeah it does seem surprising that TM doesn't want some sort of fee.  I guess I see it working like Stub Hub....you post the tix for sale and then when someone buys them (at face) you get paid.  Or maybe they will add it as a credit to future ticket purchases like the $26 I still have that I always forget to use from that class action lawsuit all those years ago.

• Options
    Yeah it does seem surprising that TM doesn't want some sort of fee.  I guess I see it working like Stub Hub....
    Maybe. But it also might have been something 10C negotiated for us.
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    Wouldn't it be awesome if there's a 10c only section in the F2F?  Maybe they could negotiate that for us too!
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    Yeah it does seem surprising that TM doesn't want some sort of fee.  I guess I see it working like Stub Hub....
    Maybe. But it also might have been something 10C negotiated for us.
    Or maybe they just doubled the fees on the initial ticket sales...
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 790
    Ott just opened up couple more sections beside stage.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    PJ-Cubs said:
    For fans who are unable to use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer North America’s first Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, which will allow fans to resell their tickets for the price they paid (including all fees). The Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange will launch on February 18, 2020. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    Wow.  That is shocking.  I am usually good at reading. but I missed that.  

Props to the band and/or TM for deciding to not hit people with fees.

• Options
    Are they doing the Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange for Denver?
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:
    PJ-Cubs said:

I think TM wants this program to become the “go-to” for people to want to sell extras. Once it becomes more popular I can see them adding fees.
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    PJ-Cubs said:
    PJ-Cubs said:

I think TM wants this program to become the “go-to” for people to want to sell extras. Once it becomes more popular I can see them adding fees.
    Ha...yes probably true
  • Options

TM will not give any sort of deadline - tickets are sold, they are yours no additional "sale" will be had.  Once the F2F resale portal is available you'll be able to post your tickets there for others to buy.  If you bought tickets for NYC or Denver you'll be able to transfer them to anyone - friends, family or someone you may have sold them to.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)