Options

Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

Comments

• Options
    halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176
    Redditor posted today they called TM - NY & CO will not be participating in the face value exchange.

Thanks PJ for the perfect storm of decisions bringing us the most expensive concert tickets ever!
    Blame the laws in those states not pearl jam
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Redditor posted today they called TM - NY & CO will not be participating in the face value exchange.

Thanks PJ for the perfect storm of decisions bringing us the most expensive concert tickets ever!
    huh?  How could they when CO and NY don't allow restrictions?  C'mon man....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    So whack. Incredibly disappointed on this whole process on both sides.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,997

If TM had opened a fan exchange for NY and CO, people who held those tickets would have had the option to transfer them to strangers at face value instead of selling them at a markup on StubHub.

Since TM is not opening the exchange for those shows, anyone who wants to transfer their tickets to strangers at face value has the option of just listing them on StubHub for face value. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,839
    tdawe said:

If TM had opened a fan exchange for NY and CO, people who held those tickets would have had the option to transfer them to strangers at face value instead of selling them at a markup on StubHub.

Since TM is not opening the exchange for those shows, anyone who wants to transfer their tickets to strangers at face value has the option of just listing them on StubHub for face value. 

Yeah, it is entirely possible that people are holding back, thinking they can sell on the F2F site.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114

PJ knows the laws
    PJ sets the dates
    PJ decided to do an extremely light N.east run after 4 years of no arena shows
    PJ could have picked Newark 
    PJ decided not to bundle fall dates w/ spring for NYC to lower odds
    PJ wanted to bask in the bright lights of Broadway when Gigaton is released.

Other than that, I'm in full agreement. $20,000 tickets and no face value exchange are NYS fault.
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669

does this mean i can't trade my Toronto ten club ticket for an MSG ten club ticket?
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176
    MR242791 said:

does this mean i can't trade my Toronto ten club ticket for an MSG ten club ticket?
    You can’t trade tickets period. You only buy and sell them on the fan to fan exchange. And yes, NY tickets are excluded.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954

PJ knows the laws
    PJ sets the dates

Other than that, I'm in full agreement. $20,000 tickets and no face value exchange are NYS fault.
    Interesting logic....so you give them credit for the dates in every other state?  They should have boycotted NY and CO and shut you out anyway?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,839

PJ knows the laws
    PJ sets the dates

Interesting logic....so you give them credit for the dates in every other state?  They should have boycotted NY and CO and shut you out anyway?

They could have just not toured this Spring, released the album closer to the European dates, and avoided all of this.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options

PJ knows the laws
    PJ sets the dates

Just listing the decisions made. I can go to Balt, but it's getting tiring with the travel. So I'm ok with missing out.

NY is partially to blame and as this hasn't happened before IIRC not sure the NY legislature could have predicted this perfect  storm of decisions.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,726

F2F was my last hope. I guess no point in waiting until 2/18. Time to bite the bullet on stubhub 
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    for the 2 cities that had transfers venue pick up might have been a choice to consider.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    The "Skip New York And Minimize Complaints Tour" coming Fall 2020

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JimmyV said:
    All NY Shows will now be at the Prudential center.  

Or just one big show at the Meadowlands. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    foodboy said:
    for the 2 cities that had transfers venue pick up might have been a choice to consider.
    Yes, I am not clear on why they wouldn't have done this. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

F2F was my last hope. I guess no point in waiting until 2/18. Time to bite the bullet on stubhub 

Good luck!

There were some 200s behind the stage I fantasized paying $740 for over the weekend. Cheaper than flying to Quebec 

I checked earlier and the SOB raised the full price to $797.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

You have more faith in this guy from reddit than I do. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:

They do Fenway again you can have my mediocre number. JK. I'm a lifer.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    foodboy said:
    Yes, I am not clear on why they wouldn't have done this. 

Everyone is in love with everything electronic. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:

But it doesn't matter whether the Fan To Fan Exchange is set up in NY or not. Even if it was, people who wanted to sell their tickets would have no reason to use it when they could just use StubHub.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:

But it doesn't matter whether the Fan To Fan Exchange is set up in NY or not. Even if it was, people who wanted to sell their tickets would have no reason to use it when they could just use StubHub.
    This is a good point. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I guess, that’s very true.  I just don’t want to wait too long. It’s frustrating. But I’ll be in the building one way or another. I’ll try to be patient and try a little more on the forum. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    tdawe said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:

This is another good point. Between that and the fans that are trying to trade their EXTRA msg tickets for other shows, it’s making me want to jump on a pair from stubhub. I will do my best to wait a little longer. It’s a weird situation to be in fir me honestly

One thing I know I won’t do , is not be a 10c member anymore because of this haha. And if I did decide to do that , I promise all of you I will go quietly and not start another thread announcing my departure 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    MR242791 said:

You can’t trade tickets period. You only buy and sell them on the fan to fan exchange. And yes, NY tickets are excluded.
    oh that sucks
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Some fans will want to respect the wishes of their face value only beloved band and not want to deal with the hassle of having an extra $20,000 in their pockets.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Some fans will want to respect the wishes of their face value only beloved band and not want to deal with the hassle of having an extra $20,000 in their pockets.
    Those hypothetical people are free to go list their tickets on StubHub for face value.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765

PJ knows the laws
    PJ sets the dates

It is not that simple.  The venues all have to get in line with what PJ wants to do not only date wise but how they handle the fanclub tickets.  Ticketmaster doesn't own the venues, just the contract to distribute tickets for events in the venues.  If a venue says NAH you can't have that many seats or some other variety of things, they are not getting a PJ show.    This has been going on for awhile now where venues have been axed because they can't comply with contract bid the promoter puts out on behalf of the band.

So, could they have picked alt venues in the greater NYC area, sure, but there is no evidence that they didn't want to but dates and assorted other things may not have lined up.

And it is also entirely possible that Ticketmaster asked given all the concessions that were made to try and make this tour work that they also have MSG and Denver in the mix to see how the whole process shakes out.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    There is a "cheap" (and by "cheap" I mean the best price I have seen since Friday) pair for MSG on Stubhb right now for anyone looking.

$405 before fees.

Edit....aaaaaand sold in 2 minutes.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Just face it, Pearl Jam hates you.   Everything they do is to annoy you.