Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

Comments

• Options
    P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 898
    edited January 2020

Post edited by P-Town-P-Jam-Fan on
    Gorge
  • Options
    I can all but guarantee there will be no platinum seats for sale on this tour.  The answer to your question about why New York prohibits ticket transfer ability - lobbyists.
    Gorge
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    It seems to me that once everyone receives their tickets, 10C, Verified Fan or General, there will be no more distinction between a "fan club" ticket and others.  All bets are off after that.  No one can transfer a ticket in name only (ex CO and NY).  The only option is to put it up for an anonymous face value sale on the Fan to Fan exchange which will include ALL tickets (10C, Verified or General).  I have to think the amount of tickets available on Fan to Fan will always be pretty small for shows.  How many people are buying a ticket to just sell it for face?  Probably those that got 10C tickets and weren't sure they were able to go, but did so just in case.  And very likely those will be snatched up really quickly for face since the seats are better than any non member could have gotten.       
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    edited January 2020
    ritg19 said:
    It seems to me that once everyone receives their tickets, 10C, Verified Fan or General, there will be no more distinction between a "fan club" ticket and others.  All bets are off after that.  No one can transfer a ticket in name only (ex CO and NY).  The only option is to put it up for an anonymous face value sale on the Fan to Fan exchange which will include ALL tickets (10C, Verified or General).  I have to think the amount of tickets available on Fan to Fan will always be pretty small for shows.  How many people are buying a ticket to just sell it for face?  Probably those that got 10C tickets and weren't sure they were able to go, but did so just in case.  And very likely those will be snatched up really quickly for face since the seats are better than any non member could have gotten.       

Agree fully with your view. Secondary market is going to be weird. Expect most will fly off of the fan to fan exchange especially for sold out shows. I assume it is going to be a random crapshoot. I’m not seeing any way to actually scalp a ticket to this? Stubhub might not exist for these shows. Unless I am missing something. Which is both great in the sense that more people get in for face but means high 10c #s like me basically have no ability to upgrade beyond constantly refreshing the exchange and praying. 
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    I guess the most in demand show right now on 10C (MSG), there will be scalping since these are transferable, right?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    ritg19 said:
    I guess the most in demand show right now on 10C (MSG), there will be scalping since these are transferable, right?
    Correct
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    In2Deep said:
    The email states: "All tickets on this tour will be mobile only, non-transferable tickets (except in NY and CO where transferability is required by state law)."  So I'm rather lost as to where we are getting that 10C tix can be transferred on this exchange?  I know you can sell the public ones, but there is some contradiction in the email about 10C not being transferable.  Hoping my email to 10C will clarify before I put in for anything I'm not 100% I can really attend, but want. :anguished:
    Transfer = You send your tickets to someone specific

Exchange = The first person who wants to buy your tickets does so and you get your money back. Could be anyone. 

You will not be able to transfer your tickets. You will be able to put them up for anyone to buy.
  • Options
    You cannot transfer the tix to a specific person (e.g. your cousin, your friend, the person you sold the tix to for 10x what you paid) but you can resell the tickets for face value and fees in a ticket program that allows a random purchaser to get the ticket(s).  You won't lose a dime on the transaction....but you won't make a dime either.  So, if you end up not being able to attend, you can toss the tickets into this clearinghouse....in all likelihood they will be purchased.  Honestly, I don't know why more people are taking shots at shows they "might" be able to make....with the resale nearly (if not entirely) guaranteed.   
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    The big question is will the face to face be able to see where seats are before buying them, or is it first come first serve and you get what’s next in line.  
    Say I use it, I hope it’s a Ticketmaster map and I see what seats are for sale
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    ritg19 said:
    Hi, So are tons of ticketless fans going to be F5ing the Fan to Fam website waiting for people to drop tixx whenever?
    just wondering.
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    CPR7 said:
    Spoken said:
    Spoken said:
    Is the fan-to-fan exchange exclusive to 10C members or is it open to the public as well?
    Hi did this get answered?
    It's open to the public. All tickets for these shows can only be sold on the ticket exchange
    Hi thanks for answering the question :)
    Can you sell your two tickets to a friend on the Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange?
    Do you know?
    I don't think so. Your tickets gets "sold" back to TM and then it enters their system and is up for grabs for anybody to purchase. 
    Depends on whether they put in a delay for showing for sale the tickets people put up on the site.

If they don't, your friend can just F5 until he sees them.

I've sold tickets on ticketmaster.com resale before.  But I don't remember how long it took to post.

I don't think it was that long.
  • Options
    ritg19 said:
    This is my understanding as well. 10C tickets OR Ticketmaster tickets for NY and CO shows, you can transfer to a specific person. For all other shows you can throw them back in the pool and someone else can buy them, but you don't know who.

This is obviously a loophole - people with good 10C numbers could buy NY/CO shows strictly for reselling purposes. Definitely not "the PJ way". I suppose this was the best solution they could come up with and were limited by the unique laws of NY and CO. Looking ahead to Leg 2, does anyone know what other states have the same laws as NY and CO?
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    It's possible that the exchanges will be pretty quiet for a long time, then a whole bunch of tickets will hit the day or two before each show.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Honestly, I don't know why more people are taking shots at shows they "might" be able to make....with the resale nearly (if not entirely) guaranteed.   
    I wouldn't say it's guaranteed for all of these shows. Especially any seats second level on up.
  • Options
    Honestly, 2/18 is too late. This fan to fan exchange needs to be up and running after 10c hands out seat assignments for shows. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,366
    Honestly, 2/18 is too late. This fan to fan exchange needs to be up and running after 10c hands out seat assignments for shows. 
    no, most people who have a change in plans will have it closer to show times. Be patient and if you wait then you might get lucky. Understand that people who travel "need to know now" if they have tickets. But nothing you can do about it...if someone all of a sudden has a change in plans they may not know till April
  • Options
    I have a question.  Say I get 2 tickets and cannot make the show.  Can I sell both my Ten Club ticket and my guest Ten Club ticket for face value via the Exchange or only the guest ticket and I must eat my Ten Club ticket?  This would help me decide on what shows I pick knowing that if I can't make it to Quebec I can at least sell both tickets for face value and help someone else out at the same time.
    Please consider me if you can't make it to Quebec (if at all possible) As I didn't score in my home town. I would be so extremely grateful M. Torontonian. 
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,592
    Last minute Fan to Fan favors local members who can make it without flight and hotel plans. There’s always friends or family members who flake days before. As pointed out, F5ing in as the show approaches is probably back on. Or as I am hoping, like in previous tours, a fellow fan club member will offer up their extra and you just meet them, exchange face value cash, walk in together, and enjoy the show.(ISO SD GA)
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    It won’t be random person if you sell your extra MSG tix to me ! 😊
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Looking for 1 MSG TIX.  Please send me a message if you have one. 
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    I'm anxious to see how this F2F goes.  I wish it was starting next week instead of Feb 18.  Being "ticket insecure" is stressful.  My life may just be me and a screen, and a plastic bird purchased to hit F5 for me.

I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    JBob87 said:
    ritg19 said:

Agree fully with your view. Secondary market is going to be weird. Expect most will fly off of the fan to fan exchange especially for sold out shows. I assume it is going to be a random crapshoot. I’m not seeing any way to actually scalp a ticket to this? Stubhub might not exist for these shows. Unless I am missing something. Which is both great in the sense that more people get in for face but means high 10c #s like me basically have no ability to upgrade beyond constantly refreshing the exchange and praying. 
    I think you are right...there is currently no listing on Stubhub except for CO and NY
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,371
    So now F5 lasts 2 months instead of a couple hours. Gotta love the new system.
  • Options
    mrvector said:
    PJNB said:
    You guys that are ok with this system and know you are going to a show are not factoring in that now a lot more people are going to be hurting your GA or reserved odds without a care. In the past if people did not know (most did this) they were going to be able to make a show they did not put in for it and waited till they knew to find at ticket on the forum. Now they will put in and just sell the ticket not caring that they hurt the odds and chances of people that they knew 100% for sure that they were going. There is a lot good with the new system that they have in place but this is an awful choice imo. 
    Except it's not like booking a hotel room with a free cancelation policy. You still have to pay the money upfront for these tickets and then find a buyer on this yet to be seen ticket exchange. Since the tickets aren't transferable (outside of NY and Den) there is still inherent risk in getting more tickets than you're prepared to use. I think the vague nature of the exchange system will be enough of a deterrent to protect against it. What if, for instance, the exchange is only 10c members? If the Res odds for the shows stay as high as they are, and most people get their requests fulfilled, the market on that exchange may not be what people think it is.

I think your real gripe is that more people will be putting GA because it doesn't hurt their overall odds. I had planned to do Res for both shows thinking it would give me a better chance in the old system. But with the new one, I can do Best Available and get GA if it's there without hurting my odds at Res. Works well for someone like me, doesn't work well for someone who is GA or bust and now has twice as large of a pool to compete with. 
    Are people who do 1st priority BA winning general admission over people who do 1st priority GA? That doesn’t seem to make sense to me.
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 789
    Patachou said:
    Please consider me if you can't make it to Quebec (if at all possible) As I didn't score in my home town. I would be so extremely grateful M. Torontonian. 
    There are many seats still available for QC - probably only slightly over half full. So if you don't have VF, i'm sure there will be lots to choose from tomorrow.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    If you are looking for a single, my advice would be to try and hook up with someone from the board over using the Fan 2 Fan exchange.  Does anyone think scalpers won't be running bots on the fan 2 fan exchange to scoop up anything decent that shows up for hot markets?
    Gorge
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    If you are looking for a single, my advice would be to try and hook up with someone from the board over using the Fan 2 Fan exchange.  Does anyone think scalpers won't be running bots on the fan 2 fan exchange to scoop up anything decent that shows up for hot markets?
    Why would they do that though?
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 789
    Patachou said:
    There are many seats still available for QC - probably only slightly over half full. So if you don't have VF, i'm sure there will be lots to choose from tomorrow.
    This is as of right now:

Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    There won't be any market for scalpers outside NY and CO, with the bar codes on the tickets changing.  Stubhub isn't even listing shows outside those states.  I'm thinking the scalpers/bots may dump back tickets into the F2F when they realize there is no $ to be made.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    There won't be any market for scalpers outside NY and CO, with the bar codes on the tickets changing.  Stubhub isn't even listing shows outside those states.  I'm thinking the scalpers/bots may dump back tickets into the F2F when they realize there is no $ to be made.
    Best sig ever, BTW. Thank you for not making me scroll past 42 shows double spaced, or whatever.