Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    If Reserved is still at 99% wouldn't that kinda mean we won? ... Almost seems impossible to lose. Well I hope so at least
    They did a fantastic job on this getting more seats than ever before. 
    Agreed.  Lots more seats but just wait for the complaining when people see their actual seats.  
    Have a feeling it will go from "at this point, I'm just happy to be in the building. Let's go lottery!!!" to "what the fuck, this is my seat. Screw you 10C!"

There will definitely be some "200 level"?! 

Yup. God bless face value fan exchange. Buy a better one at face and dump your old one at face. 
    Won't help at MSG - you will be able to buy/sell on Stubhub. Fortunately while some people will have relatively worse seats than other members, I don't expect any Ten Club tickets there to be objectively "bad" since there just aren't that many bad seats in that arena to begin with.
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:
    All the best everyone who entered for NA Leg 1 Ten Club tickets. :)
    Thanks, same to you! Now we wait patiently.......
    my patience was gone a week ago....GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    bgirl59 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:
    All the best everyone who entered for NA Leg 1 Ten Club tickets. :)
    Thanks, same to you! Now we wait patiently.......
    my patience was gone a week ago....GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
    Same  This kills my nerves. 
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited January 2020
    tdawe said:

I've found that people who incorrectly throw around terms like "straw man" are people who spend basically all of their free time arguing politics online 

I requested to keep Overt politics out of the live forum.

His assertion that I was against politics and was unaware PJ was a political band was absolutely a straw man.

I'm no Trump supporter. I would just like to keep the live forum about discussion of their live shows… And keep the politics in the politics forums. 

Implying that I "like to argue about politics all day" doesn't make a whole lot of sense if I'm fighting to keep politics OUT of the live forum. Common sense indicates quite the opposite actually. :) 

cheers and see you guys on the show floor. 

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:

I've found that people who incorrectly throw around terms like "straw man" are people who spend basically all of their free time arguing politics online 

I requested to keep Overt politics out of the live forum.

His assertion that I was against politics and was unaware PJ was a political band was absolutely a straw man.

I'm no Trump supporter. I would just like to keep the live forum about discussion of their live shows… And keep the politics in the politics forums. 

Implying that I "like to argue about politics all day" doesn't make a whole lot of sense if I'm fighting to keep politics OUT of the live forum. Common sense indicates quite the opposite actually. :) 

cheers and see you guys on the show floor. 

OP: Let's not talk about politics guys
    Response: I don't think the people here are going to listen to you
    OP: You are doing a straw man

My contention is not that you are fighting to keep politics out of the live forum despite the fact that you like to argue about politics all day. It's that you're probably the type of person who (whether they like it or not) does in fact argue about politics online all day, so when you see people on a band tour rumors thread saying things like "hey I wonder if we can figure out potential fall tour stops based on the fact that it will be close to the election" it scans to you as some kind of argument about politics, since when you spend all day hammering everything looks like a nail. 
  • Options
    There will definitely be some "200 level"?! 

Yup. God bless face value fan exchange. Buy a better one at face and dump your old one at face. 

There is one show that if I am lucky enough to get GA for, I'm hoping to trade for really good reserved seats. Promised the GF only one GA show this tour. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Can we PLEASE keep the fuckin' politics out of this forum? It's not like we don't have it shoved down our throats 98% of the time elsewhere. 

Cmon guys. 

Way of life vs politics? I dont understand.

Maybe ask the same thing from Gigaton? Given the album cover, message and meaning, maybe I can ask the same from the band?
  • Options
    Hey Pearl Jam, please move your new album, related discussion topics and artwork, all to the AMT thread?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Question: If we happen to have missed the deadline. Which royally sucks. But I couldn't get everything together in a couple of days. What are my best options as a fan club member? Is it only left over tickets? Or can a current member transfer me a ticket if they aren't using? Etc.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    sward said:
    Question: If we happen to have missed the deadline. Which royally sucks. But I couldn't get everything together in a couple of days. What are my best options as a fan club member? Is it only left over tickets? Or can a current member transfer me a ticket if they aren't using? Etc.

Sign up for the Verified Fan presale and keep your eye out on the face value exchange. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    sward said:
    I would think fan to fan resale on TM would be the best option. 

Given its available now, I'm betting lots of people are going for extra shows/seats they're not 100% sure they can attend, with the knowledge they can hook a fellow fan up at face.

Every ticket we keep out of the regular TM sale, ideally keeps it out of the hands of scalpers. 

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    Just one quick comment about the politics and activism aspect of who PJ and Eddie are, and then I'll shut up about it.

I am 1,000% behind pretty much every single one of them, from the orange buffoon tearing this country apart to global warming.

My issue is that (and I realize this is limited to the crazies that follow the tours), after you have heard Eddie give the same schpiel the 4th time in 2 months when you just wanna rock out and you know every second is precious, it starts to really become a drag.

Between the 2 domestic show (I'm assuming at least 30 mins a show between the election and the album basically being dedicated to global warming) and 5 international show I'm going to (I am assuming less US politics, but some regional and same global warming stuff) I am looking at like 2-3 hours of it, which is basically the equivalent of one full show.

Again, I get it and I understand why each show is independent of each other, but it just starts to become a downer after a while for the regulars that have heard the same thing a zillion time already.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Can we PLEASE keep the fuckin' politics out of this forum? It's not like we don't have it shoved down our throats 98% of the time elsewhere. 

Cmon guys. 
    Hi fellow fan,

Since I was the guy who mentioned that the fall tour will likely include some locations based on swing states for the US fall election, I feel compelled to respond.  It wasn't my intent to inject politics into the discussion; rather, I was just speculating on fall tour locations in response to a previous post.  I didn't even say which way I lean!

I agree that politics are best kept to political boards - there's even one here on community.pearljam.com!  Just know that it wasn't my intent to create a political discussion.

Best of luck with your shows!
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Saltzy23 said:
    Just one quick comment about the politics and activism aspect of who PJ and Eddie are, and then I'll shut up about it.

I am 1,000% behind pretty much every single one of them, from the orange buffoon tearing this country apart to global warming.

My issue is that (and I realize this is limited to the crazies that follow the tours), after you have heard Eddie give the same schiel the 4th time in 2 months when you just wanna rock out and you know every second is precious, it starts to really become a drag.

Between the 2 domestic show (I'm assuming at least 30 mins a show between the election and the album basically being dedicated to global warming) and 5 international show I'm going to (I am assuming less US politics, but some regional and same global warming stuff) I am looking at like 2-3 hours of it, which is basically the equivalent of one full show.

Again, I get it and I understand why each show is independent of each other, but it just starts to become a downer after a while for the regulars that have heard the same thing a zillion time already.
    Shit, man, I'm sorry your listening-to-music experience is interrupted by some talk about our dying planet. How will you ever survive?
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

My issue is that (and I realize this is limited to the crazies that follow the tours), after you have heard Eddie give the same schpiel the 4th time in 2 months when you just wanna rock out and you know every second is precious, it starts to really become a drag.

I hear ya, but there are a few things I'd say in response:

1. I think this is implicit in your post, but many (most?) people at any given show are seeing their first and only Pearl Jam concert, so they haven't necessarily heard Eddie hold forth before.

2. While he hits similar themes each night, at least he doesn't say literally the same thing. There are so many bands where even the stage banter is repeated verbatim each night (looking at you Bono).

3. With some exceptions, I'd say that the vast majority of Pearl Jam songs aren't overtly political in their actual content, but can definitely be spun that way with the right context. A lot of times (not always) he picks his spots and connects his stemwinders to whatever is coming next in the show, and I find that when he does that is often (not always) affects the way I hear the next song in a positive way. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of things like dedicating Dissident to Vlacav Havel in Prague 2018, or "this one's for Malala" before Given to Fly at Global Citizen. That sort of thing. 

I hear ya though. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    There will always be politics in Pearl Jam and at their shows. Same as it ever was. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Saltzy23 said:

Sell your tickets and quit crying
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    Singers talk for a moment to fill the gaps between quick breaks and equipment changes.  They are all over 50. Ed is up there screaming.

There will always be moments where Ed talks, and he usually has some pretty funny stories in addition to some expected political commentary. His political talk recently hasnt even really been overtly political, like 2003.

But I value the stories and breaks. It gives me a moment to rest, listen, or talk to the person I came with, because I am not the type of asshole who will talk during Fatal or Man of the Hour.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    dear ved hedd there are plenty who will.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Sigh.  I already immediately regret even sticking my toe into this water.

Very quickly, I am fine with the stories and funny banter.  I think they are usually pointed and entertaining and like the earlier post said, a great lead into the next song.

I am fine with him giving his views on highly important topics that matter as one of like 250 people on the planet with a voice that people actually care about.

...there are times however, after he has polished off a bottle and a half of red wine when he just starts to repeat himself and drone on and on aimlessly where sometimes even he will catch himself and/or you can basically even see the band start to be like, 'OK Ed....Let's gooooooo already'.

That is when it's like, 'OK, dude.  I get it.  Please just play the music I love so I can have my escape from all that crap.'
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,805
    Saltzy23 said:

Very quickly, I am fine with the stories and funny banter.  I think they are usually pointed and entertaining and like the earlier post said, a great lead into the next song.

I am fine with him giving his views on highly important topics that matter as one of like 250 people on the planet with a voice that people actually care about.

...there are times however, after he has polished off a bottle and a half of red wine when he just starts to repeat himself and drone on and on aimlessly where sometimes even he will catch himself and/or you can basically even see the band start to be like, 'OK Ed....Let's gooooooo already'.

That is when it's like, 'OK, dude.  I get it.  Please just play the music I love so I can have my escape from all that crap.'
    You would have loved Betterman in TO night 2 2016. 
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Saltzy23 said:

Oh, I completely agree there are times Ed could be more concise. But that "so I can have my escape from all that crap" makes you sound like a privileged ass. 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    Saltzy23 said:

Haha! Those are the best rants! I could listen to that all night.

But my comment wasn't pointed at you. Just reminding people that there are times they need a moment to compose themselves. Sometimes a band member will run off the stage and ed will quickly have to come up with something. Or eddie is winded and cant even get the words out, let alone start screaming again. 

And yeah, they are passionate about world events.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Better yet, you can receive a lengthy dissertation on the various uses on the word f*ck from the stage. Your call which is more beneficial.

Your point is one of many reasons promising a PJ30 show to a flip state in a change election works better. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Very true but it's not a politics related complaint. He mostly rambles about other stories.  At least we'll always have the Fenway F*ck Speech.
  • Options
    OK back to some rumors: 

Hey Dimi, if I'm planning a Jersey Shore vacation in mid September, am I possibly in luck?
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    OK back to some rumors: 

Hey Dimi, if I'm planning a Jersey Shore vacation in mid September, am I possibly in luck?
    Yes, I heard The Situation is back working at that t-shirt store.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    kaw753 said:
    OK back to some rumors: 

Yes, I heard The Situation is back working at that t-shirt store.
    The Merch line has been renamed as "T-Shirt Time'.

See Her Now fest would be nuts 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    OK back to some rumors: 

Pretty sure the Jersey Shore is closed all next summer due to beach replenishment.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,794
    OK back to some rumors: 

No. You're planning a trip to Jersey. The only luck you will have is when you cross that bridge to get the fuck out of Jersey. 

J/K, just thought it would be funny to say. The only thing I know about Jersey is that pork rolls are a thing. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory