Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    CP218430 said:
    WHere do we see updated odds?
    You have to go back into the request page, pretty sure that's the only way.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    One concern I have with the fan-to-fan sale is that all the tickets will be at face value.  That means by definition, people will always buy the best seat available.  If you have a high member number and get bad seats, you may actually have trouble selling them.  If yours are never "the best" ticket available, they will never sell.  It's not like stubhub where you can lower your price to make the sale happen faster.
    Very true and the best way to combat that is to only enter for shows you are certain to attend. I realize things come up, but this is more flexibility than in the past. Previous tours you would have to eat the tickets, end of story.
    Oh, I plan to attend anything I put in for.  But I also plan to try to upgrade...  I prefer GA, but would take any seat to guarantee getting in the building.  But my guess is there will be others that upgrade.  Someone with a low number may have decent reserved seats, but finds a hookup with GA tix.  Now they put their tix on fan to fan and I buy those.  Now I have 2 pairs and need to unload my nosebleeds.  Yes, first world problems.
    I totally get it if someone wants to keep flipping their way to better seats, but asking for a system that maximizes your tools to do such is a bit much.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong.  I don't expect them to accommodate my OCD needs to upgrade 1 section at a time.  But I thought the concept was interesting in that I could end up getting stuck with extra tickets that way.  I can't just dump them for 1/2 off.
    I mentioned this another thread but if I were them, I would not let someone buy tickets on fan-to-fan if they already were holding 10C in their account. I understand the want to upgrade, and I would do it too.  But if they have a purchase limit of 2 tickets per show rule in place like they do now (and have for years and years), it makes no sense to allow people to buy more on the exchange if they're already holding. I'd bet you would need to sell the tickets you already have before buying...or not being allowed to buy at all if your account shows you had tickets...or limited purchases to one time only...otherwise people will use the system to constantly upgrade.  I know that on Ticketmaster you are only allowed to change your seats once, and I wouldn't be shocked if the same rule is in place here. 
    Man, I hope you're right. That's an outstanding question though, no? Have they officially said anywhere whether someone holding 10C tix can buy more in the exchange?
    They haven't said anything about the rules of fan-to-fan but I simply can't see them allowing people to hold more than 2 tickets in their 10c account if they have taken such measures now and in the past to spread the tickets to as many people as possible.  Especially in cases like MSG where odds are down to 80% already, meaning people definitely will be shut out. It would go against everything they've done in the past with 10c ticket limits.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    One concern I have with the fan-to-fan sale is that all the tickets will be at face value.  That means by definition, people will always buy the best seat available.  If you have a high member number and get bad seats, you may actually have trouble selling them.  If yours are never "the best" ticket available, they will never sell.  It's not like stubhub where you can lower your price to make the sale happen faster.
    Very true and the best way to combat that is to only enter for shows you are certain to attend. I realize things come up, but this is more flexibility than in the past. Previous tours you would have to eat the tickets, end of story.
    Oh, I plan to attend anything I put in for.  But I also plan to try to upgrade...  I prefer GA, but would take any seat to guarantee getting in the building.  But my guess is there will be others that upgrade.  Someone with a low number may have decent reserved seats, but finds a hookup with GA tix.  Now they put their tix on fan to fan and I buy those.  Now I have 2 pairs and need to unload my nosebleeds.  Yes, first world problems.
    I totally get it if someone wants to keep flipping their way to better seats, but asking for a system that maximizes your tools to do such is a bit much.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong.  I don't expect them to accommodate my OCD needs to upgrade 1 section at a time.  But I thought the concept was interesting in that I could end up getting stuck with extra tickets that way.  I can't just dump them for 1/2 off.
    I mentioned this another thread but if I were them, I would not let someone buy tickets on fan-to-fan if they already were holding 10C in their account. I understand the want to upgrade, and I would do it too.  But if they have a purchase limit of 2 tickets per show rule in place like they do now (and have for years and years), it makes no sense to allow people to buy more on the exchange if they're already holding. I'd bet you would need to sell the tickets you already have before buying...or not being allowed to buy at all if your account shows you had tickets...or limited purchases to one time only...otherwise people will use the system to constantly upgrade.  I know that on Ticketmaster you are only allowed to change your seats once, and I wouldn't be shocked if the same rule is in place here. 
    Man, I hope you're right. That's an outstanding question though, no? Have they officially said anywhere whether someone holding 10C tix can buy more in the exchange?
    They haven't said anything about the rules of fan-to-fan but I simply can't see them allowing people to hold more than 2 tickets in their 10c account if they have taken such measures now and in the past to spread the tickets to as many people as possible.  Especially in cases like MSG where odds are down to 80% already, meaning people definitely will be shut out. It would go against everything they've done in the past with 10c ticket limits.  
    Someone can easily setup a 2nd TM account
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Here's my scenario. I am going with my wife and kid. So, I need 3 tickets. Obviously 10C is out of the question for the whole family. My plan is to go 10C and (hopefully) ensure that the wife and I get in. Then do VF and make a run at 3 tickets. If I get 3, awesome, Whole family can go and I sell the 10C tickets. If I K on VF, the the wife and kid can arm wrestle to see who gets to come with me!

• Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Someone can easily setup a 2nd TM account
    They can easily check through billing addresses to look for identical names and such. That's probably exactly what the line about them monitoring the fan to fan exchange for ten club ticket abuse is talking about.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270
    Can anyone confirm for me that you can not make any changes to your selections once you submit and get your confirmation email? 
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    jtr101 said:
    Can anyone confirm for me that you can not make any changes to your selections once you submit and get your confirmation email? 
    You can change as much as you like, you just go back and restart the process.  It will only save your last selection. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    jtr101 said:
    Correct, you can't edit your submission. However you can cancel by replying to the email, and you can go back and make another entry which would replace your prior entry.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    jtr101 said:
    You can go in and update your requests - just submit an entirely new request.  That new request will supersede your previous requests.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    edited January 2020
    BV84003 said:
    jtr101 said:
    Correct, you can't edit your submission. However you can cancel by replying to the email, and you can go back and make another entry which would replace your prior entry.
    You don't need to reply to the email - just go back into the portal, submit an entirely new request, and you'll get an entirely new email confirmation/confirmation number etc.  DO NOT cancel the request.

You DO want to do this > Updating Your Request

If you would like to update your request (e.g. add shows, add sections, change ticket quantity, etc) you can submit a new request with all of your preferences re-selected. We will only consider your most recent request.

You do NOT want to do this > Cancelling Your Request
    If you would like to cancel your request and be removed from Pearl Jam ticket consideration entirely, simply reply to this email with “CANCEL MY REQUEST.” Cancellations must be sent by Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59pm PT.
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    edited January 2020
    BV84003 said:
    jtr101 said:
    You don't need to reply to the email - just go back into the portal, submit an entirely new request, and you'll get an entirely new email confirmation/confirmation number etc.  DO NOT cancel the request.

Updating Your Request

If you would like to update your request (e.g. add shows, add sections, change ticket quantity, etc) you can submit a new request with all of your preferences re-selected. We will only consider your most recent request.
    Yeah, I never said you had to cancel - just that you could. Regardless, this is all stuff that was stated in the confirmation email.
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

Ok , please if you are upset about ticket prices DONT GO , if you are upset that you may have a seat and not GA or vice versa DONT GO , As much as I love Pearl Jam , I totally don't get the hate that is throw at what you all say is your favorite band. Just funny , how come row 6 is as much as row 60 ( this is how shows work ) , I was so far up at Boston 1 2018 , much better seats for the second show and I had the time of my life. Would I prefer to be front row , why of course I would but life does not work that way. Also all the getting tickets just to upgrade seems like trying to game a system. Oh yeah and I am sure some are mad that they are going thru Ticketmaster (get over it )

Sorry end of rant

Come on GA for QC still at 99% :)

Not upset about anything... just a question. 
  • Options
    footsteps86footsteps86 Posts: 113
    edited January 2020
    I keep seeing people say to reply to the confirmation email if you want to update your request. You only need to reply to the confirmation email to cancel it entirely. This is the language from the email:
    Cancelling Your Request
    If you would like to cancel your request and be removed from Pearl Jam ticket consideration entirely, simply reply to this email with “CANCEL MY REQUEST.” Cancellations must be sent by Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59pm PT.

If you want to update your request then you just need to log back in, make new selections and the new selections will overwrite your previous submission:
    Updating Your Request

You have until Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59pm PT to submit a new request, which will cancel any prior requests.
    Post edited by footsteps86 on
  • Options
    I cannot be chosen for fan club and verified fan, correct? 
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,226

That wasn't true in 2018. Not sure yet about this year.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,948
    Yes you can. They are entirely different.  The verified fan sale is not affiliated with the ten club.  
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270
    jtr101 said:
    You can change as much as you like, you just go back and restart the process.  It will only save your last selection. 
    Thanks all!
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    East coast shows going below 99% now.  MSG at 80%
    This is the most concerning thing. Oh but lets already begin whining about how far back our seats are.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Yes, but there's a 4-ticket limit for the show so if you won 2 in the fan club lottery, you'd only be allowed 2 more.
  • Options
    SJD3232 said:
    Based on the fact that I had to wait in the cancellation line at the Garden for night 2 in 2010 for 9 hours just to get lucky enough to score a pair 5 minutes after the show started, I'll happily take a less desirable seat location just to be in the building.
    This.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Yes, but there's a 4-ticket limit for the show so if you won 2 in the fan club lottery, you'd only be allowed 2 more.
    Link?
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    This is the most concerning thing. Oh but lets already begin whining about how far back our seats are.
    If you would have predicted last week that MSG reserved odds would be at 80% 24 hours after the lottery opened you would have gotten laughed out of here.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Link?
    It's clearly stated on the emails and on the TM site.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    So are the odds reflective of your chances of getting tickets with MSG as your first priority or does it include all the requests where people put it 2nd, 3rd, etc?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    tdawe said:
    If you would have predicted last week that MSG reserved odds would be at 80% 24 hours after the lottery opened you would have gotten laughed out of here.
    Yes. I’m happy and thankful it’s still high! I just can’t wrap my head around the constant debates about upgrading and nosebleed seats and “unfair” ticket prices.

I’ve been up front and in the very back before. Close it preferred but it’s not something to get all bent out of shape over, before we even have tickets in hand.
  • Options
    nycmalenycmale Posts: 215
    on2legs said:
    So are the odds reflective of your chances of getting tickets with MSG as your first priority or does it include all the requests where people put it 2nd, 3rd, etc?
    This is the thing I would like to know!
  • Options
    They generally are not related. So if I buy 2 TC tix, I can still buy 4 VF tix. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    It always includes all priorities
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    tdawe said:
    Yes. I’m happy and thankful it’s still high! I just can’t wrap my head around the constant debates about upgrading and nosebleed seats and “unfair” ticket prices.

I’ve been up front and in the very back before. Close it preferred but it’s not something to get all bent out of shape over, before we even have tickets in hand.
    Agreed 100%. And if we're talking MSG even most of the "bad" seats are fine - the sound is good everywhere. I sat on the 300 level barstools for a Radiohead show a few years ago and those were pretty bad, but nobody is getting those in the lottery.