2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• tschav said:
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    There's definitely a concern that 10club may have just put the fox in charge of the hen house. But hopefully they got assurances TM would do everything on the up and up.

In addition to their overwhelming popularity, Limiting supply to the public drives up resale prices.

Not playing NA arena shows in 4 years drives up prices 

Playing shows disproportionate to where the fans are drives up prices. Balt and NY will see the brunt of that this time.

Not having a moderately  priced option such as platinum drives up prices 
    Keep in mind TM is going to sell out nosebleeds in some venues at $100/each with this plan. They might not get platinum $$$ for the seats up front, but it comes at the cost of high prices in upper levels. And more people not knowing what they will get in advance means less likelihood of some venues having an empty upper level.
    But the fan club reserves the best seats in the house for its members. The nosebleeds are not the best seats in the house. I am sure a lot of people will be upset if they, as members, are put in the nosebleeds while others who paid the same price are in the pit at the stage.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    tschav said:
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    There's definitely a concern that 10club may have just put the fox in charge of the hen house. But hopefully they got assurances TM would do everything on the up and up.

In addition to their overwhelming popularity, Limiting supply to the public drives up resale prices.

Playing shows disproportionate to where the fans are drives up prices. Balt and NY will see the brunt of that this time.

Keep in mind TM is going to sell out nosebleeds in some venues at $100/each with this plan. They might not get platinum $$$ for the seats up front, but it comes at the cost of high prices in upper levels. And more people not knowing what they will get in advance means less likelihood of some venues having an empty upper level.
    But the fan club reserves the best seats in the house for its members. The nosebleeds are not the best seats in the house. I am sure a lot of people will be upset if they, as members, are put in the nosebleeds while others who paid the same price are in the pit at the stage.
    That's exactly what's going to happen
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    pjl44 said:
    One concern I have with the fan-to-fan sale is that all the tickets will be at face value.  That means by definition, people will always buy the best seat available.  If you have a high member number and get bad seats, you may actually have trouble selling them.  If yours are never "the best" ticket available, they will never sell.  It's not like stubhub where you can lower your price to make the sale happen faster.
    Very true and the best way to combat that is to only enter for shows you are certain to attend. I realize things come up, but this is more flexibility than in the past. Previous tours you would have to eat the tickets, end of story.
    Oh, I plan to attend anything I put in for.  But I also plan to try to upgrade...  I prefer GA, but would take any seat to guarantee getting in the building.  But my guess is there will be others that upgrade.  Someone with a low number may have decent reserved seats, but finds a hookup with GA tix.  Now they put their tix on fan to fan and I buy those.  Now I have 2 pairs and need to unload my nosebleeds.  Yes, first world problems.
    It depends on how bloody your nose would be. At the moment I'm not reading too much into their note that some fan club tix will be further back - this was true for the ballpark shows where they got a larger allotment of 10C tickets, and my suspicion is that they got a lot of nasty feedback from people who were disappointed with their seats (I know I know, hard to believe anyone in this club would complain) and are just trying to head that off. Clearly they're not putting anyone behind the stage (I was behind the stage for MSG 2 2016 and I kind of liked those seats actually, they were better than opposite corners for sure). MSG doesn't have a 300 level so it makes it look like the top of the arena is in play, but if you look at the other maps (eg Baltimore) it looks like they're not putting anyone up in the rafters. 

Given what the secondary market will look like for these shows, if you're a 10C member and looking for tickets you'll be better off on the exchanges than on Stubhub. But your point is well taken - since the exchange is fan club only, if they're right that most members will get tickets it might be the case that 10C supply actually does exceed 10C demand and people with relatively "bad" seats get stuck.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    One concern I have with the fan-to-fan sale is that all the tickets will be at face value.  That means by definition, people will always buy the best seat available.  If you have a high member number and get bad seats, you may actually have trouble selling them.  If yours are never "the best" ticket available, they will never sell.  It's not like stubhub where you can lower your price to make the sale happen faster.
    Very true and the best way to combat that is to only enter for shows you are certain to attend. I realize things come up, but this is more flexibility than in the past. Previous tours you would have to eat the tickets, end of story.
    Oh, I plan to attend anything I put in for.  But I also plan to try to upgrade...  I prefer GA, but would take any seat to guarantee getting in the building.  But my guess is there will be others that upgrade.  Someone with a low number may have decent reserved seats, but finds a hookup with GA tix.  Now they put their tix on fan to fan and I buy those.  Now I have 2 pairs and need to unload my nosebleeds.  Yes, first world problems.
    It depends on how bloody your nose would be. At the moment I'm not reading too much into their note that some fan club tix will be further back - this was true for the ballpark shows where they got a larger allotment of 10C tickets, and my suspicion is that they got a lot of nasty feedback from people who were disappointed with their seats (I know I know, hard to believe anyone in this club would complain) and are just trying to head that off. Clearly they're not putting anyone behind the stage (I was behind the stage for MSG 2 2016 and I kind of liked those seats actually, they were better than opposite corners for sure). MSG doesn't have a 300 level so it makes it look like the top of the arena is in play, but if you look at the other maps (eg Baltimore) it looks like they're not putting anyone up in the rafters. 

Given what the secondary market will look like for these shows, if you're a 10C member and looking for tickets you'll be better off on the exchanges than on Stubhub. But your point is well taken - since the exchange is fan club only, if they're right that most members will get tickets it might be the case that 10C supply actually does exceed 10C demand and people with relatively "bad" seats get stuck.
    If I had a very high 10C number, I would only put in for GA. If I missed, I would crack my knuckles and work the exchange.
  • pjl44 said:
    tschav said:
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Then why are the prices the same?
    pjl44 said:
    tschav said:
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Ask Ten Club. If you look at the seating charts on the TM page, it shows you where possible seats will be. Some are in upper levels.
    pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:

If I had a very high 10C number, I would only put in for GA. If I missed, I would crack my knuckles and work the exchange.
    I would look at it this way - in the worst case scenario, where you win reserved seats that you don't like, buy better seats on the exchange and end up having to eat the "bad" pair, you'd end up out about $400 for the two "good" seats you're going to use. If we're talking about MSG or another high demand show, that is better than you will do on Stubhub for the worst seats in the house. If you want to go, put in for best available and work it out later.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    pjl44 said:
    tschav said:
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Here's your warning:

In order to accommodate more Ten Club members than ever before, please be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread further back than usual, and include some of the best seat locations in the house.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    tschav said:
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Yep, the trade off for 10 club wrangling more seats out of Ticketmaster is that some folks will likely be disappointed with their location. Same thing happened at Fenway in 2018. They got tons of tickets and fulfilled pretty much everyone's request...by doing so obviously not everyone gets a great seat.

They have made this clear;
    In order to accommodate more Ten Club members than ever before, please be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread further back than usual

But guarented there will be some folks who claim to be caught off guard with seats that are not right by the stage.

This weekend we rock Portland
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:

I would look at it this way - in the worst case scenario, where you win reserved seats that you don't like, buy better seats on the exchange and end up having to eat the "bad" pair, you'd end up out about $400 for the two "good" seats you're going to use. If we're talking about MSG or another high demand show, that is better than you will do on Stubhub for the worst seats in the house. If you want to go, put in for best available and work it out later.
    Yeah, true on the higher demand shows. If I were going to say Ottawa or Phoenix only, not sure I'd play that game.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:

This is under an assumption that you'll be able to do a 'trade', i.e. you as a seller will know who you're transacting with, and what tickets they have. We really don't know that. My assumption would be that they'd do something simpler - just waive the fees on the Ticketmaster resale platform, limit the price asked/fetched to exactly face value, and boom, fan-to-fan ticket exchange. If I'm right, your approach will be hard to make work.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:

MSG's old 400 level is now the 300 level. Those are not on the 10C seat map but will be sold during the VF/General sales.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    pjl44 said:
    tschav said:
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Because the entire venue is priced the same.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I totally get it if someone wants to keep flipping their way to better seats, but asking for a system that maximizes your tools to do such is a bit much.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong.  I don't expect them to accommodate my OCD needs to upgrade 1 section at a time.  But I thought the concept was interesting in that I could end up getting stuck with extra tickets that way.  I can't just dump them for 1/2 off.
    Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

One thing that makes me suspicious is that they're not giving us the 10C seat locations until after the public onsale. Given the fact that they're taking several days to run the lottery, it doesn't seem like it would be impossible for them to provide us seat locations immediately. Which would also be helpful if we're looking to buy additional seats with friends etc. in the presale or general. There doesn't seem to be a real good reason (other than shenanigans) to wait until after the public sale.
    pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:

Yeah, true on the higher demand shows. If I were going to say Ottawa or Phoenix only, not sure I'd play that game.
    Totally agreed. Although the lower demand also means that your 10C tickets are less likely to be objectionable.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    tdawe said:
    Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

One thing that makes me suspicious is that they're not giving us the 10C seat locations until after the public onsale. Given the fact that they're taking several days to run the lottery, it doesn't seem like it would be impossible for them to provide us seat locations immediately. Which would also be helpful if we're looking to buy additional seats with friends etc. in the presale or general. There doesn't seem to be a real good reason (other than shenanigans) to wait until after the public sale.
    They used to make you wait until the day of the show. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • East coast shows going below 99% now.  MSG at 80%
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    Sorry if this has been asked, but thinking about it, if you have a higher 10C number, and prefer GA, seems it would make sense to just put in for GA and if you miss out, figure you can get better seats on the exchange than you would have with your low seniority status? seems like a bit of a gamble that would not work in uber high demand markets (MSG) but could work in others? 
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:

MSG's old 400 level is now the 300 level. Those are not on the 10C seat map but will be sold during the VF/General sales.
    You're right - I meant really on the sides/corners. It's laid out differently than most arenas in that the 200's go all the way to the top on the sides, with some relatively small 300/400 designated seats on the ends and the Chase bridge. 
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I totally get it if someone wants to keep flipping their way to better seats, but asking for a system that maximizes your tools to do such is a bit much.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong.  I don't expect them to accommodate my OCD needs to upgrade 1 section at a time.  But I thought the concept was interesting in that I could end up getting stuck with extra tickets that way.  I can't just dump them for 1/2 off.
    I mentioned this another thread but if I were them, I would not let someone buy tickets on fan-to-fan if they already were holding 10C in their account. I understand the want to upgrade, and I would do it too.  But if they have a purchase limit of 2 tickets per show rule in place like they do now (and have for years and years), it makes no sense to allow people to buy more on the exchange if they're already holding. I'd bet you would need to sell the tickets you already have before buying...or not being allowed to buy at all if your account shows you had tickets...or limited purchases to one time only...otherwise people will use the system to constantly upgrade.  I know that on Ticketmaster you are only allowed to change your seats once, and I wouldn't be shocked if the same rule is in place here. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    bbiggs said:
    Is it safe to assume that there will be some better seats sold during the TM Verified Fan sale than what high 10C numbers will be getting for reserved seats? My answer is “yes.” Thoughts? 
    I would assume so. My # is 495xxx and I checked last time at Wrigley and could of gotten better seats than I got from 10 club. Of course, I passed on buying them since I already had tickets.
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Ok , please if you are upset about ticket prices DONT GO , if you are upset that you may have a seat and not GA or vice versa DONT GO , As much as I love Pearl Jam , I totally don't get the hate that is throw at what you all say is your favorite band. Just funny , how come row 6 is as much as row 60 ( this is how shows work ) , I was so far up at Boston 1 2018 , much better seats for the second show and I had the time of my life. Would I prefer to be front row , why of course I would but life does not work that way. Also all the getting tickets just to upgrade seems like trying to game a system. Oh yeah and I am sure some are mad that they are going thru Ticketmaster (get over it )

Sorry end of rant

Come on GA for QC still at 99% :)

• JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:

The Garden DOES have a 300 AND 400 level.  they are just in different places.
    and people, you're in the building be happy.     we all get first crack who cares where they are if you get em!
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Look at it this way - You'll have a much better pool of tickets available to upgrade to and an actual opportunity to move your old ones. This is a huge step forward for someone looking to upgrade.
  • JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    edited January 2020
    Are we getting any 2nd nights (MSG?) I won MSG2 lottery back in 2016 for GA. Fully expecting to get shut out here. Oh well... 
    Post edited by JV275432 on
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I mentioned this another thread but if I were them, I would not let someone buy tickets on fan-to-fan if they already were holding 10C in their account. I understand the want to upgrade, and I would do it too.  But if they have a purchase limit of 2 tickets per show rule in place like they do now (and have for years and years), it makes no sense to allow people to buy more on the exchange if they're already holding. I'd bet you would need to sell the tickets you already have before buying...or not being allowed to buy at all if your account shows you had tickets...or limited purchases to one time only...otherwise people will use the system to constantly upgrade.  I know that on Ticketmaster you are only allowed to change your seats once, and I wouldn't be shocked if the same rule is in place here. 
    Man, I hope you're right. That's an outstanding question though, no? Have they officially said anywhere whether someone holding 10C tix can buy more in the exchange?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    JV275432 said:
    Are we getting any 2nd nights (MSG?)
    Unlikely.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,937
    WHere do we see updated odds?
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,203
    Based on the fact that I had to wait in the cancellation line at the Garden for night 2 in 2010 for 9 hours just to get lucky enough to score a pair 5 minutes after the show started, I'll happily take a less desirable seat location just to be in the building.