Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    So if you put in for the Tenclub presale and the public presale as the email recommends.....you're only gonna win one of those right? Not gonna end up having to pay for four tickets I would assume right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    So if you put in for the Tenclub presale and the public presale as the email recommends.....you're only gonna win one of those right? Not gonna end up having to pay for four tickets I would assume right?
    You will know about 10c tickets and if you were successful before the Verified Fan PreSale, as well as general public on sale date.
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,226
    Public presale isnt a lottery.  It is a free for all, as normal.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 635
    edited January 2020
     chicago would be getting 1 show later this year.
    What about Northerly Island or Tinley Park amphitheater?  Would Theo's feelings be hurt?

Post edited by ddeschler on
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    good luck everyomne and enjoy the shows

This.
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    edited January 2020
    The verified fan thing just gives you possible entry into a normal presale where you choose and purchase seats. That being said, I don't know if they're going to cross reference the lists and ensure that those who "win" 10 club tickets don't also get selected for the verified fan sale. 
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    If questions bother some people, this probably isn't the best thread for them to read then.
    Questions don’t bother me.  Lazy questions where the person doesn’t read the email/link with info answering said questions do.  Big difference.  I mean if this tour is a big deal for you wouldn’t you read up before purchasing?!  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,936
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    There's definitely a concern that 10club may have just put the fox in charge of the hen house. But hopefully they got assurances TM would do everything on the up and up.

In addition to their overwhelming popularity, Limiting supply to the public drives up resale prices.

Not playing NA arena shows in 4 years drives up prices 

Playing shows disproportionate to where the fans are drives up prices. Balt and NY will see the brunt of that this time.

Not having a moderately  priced option such as platinum drives up prices 
    Dude chill out. Your doomsday posts about the northeast odds bring at .001% were bad enough. Now reserved is sitting at 99%!!! Cheer up man!! 
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    As of Chicago....not sure Northerly could fit the crowd. Tinley could, it's been awhile since i've been there but yeah, that's open. Soldier Field?
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Sarava said:
    If questions bother some people, this probably isn't the best thread for them to read then.
    Questions don’t bother me.  Lazy questions where the person doesn’t read the email/link with info answering said questions do.  Big difference.  I mean if this tour is a big deal for you wouldn’t you read up before purchasing?!  
    Can you tell me when tickets go on sale?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,907
    mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    I just want to confirm the odds that I’m seeing for the Canadian shows.. as of this morning only Hamilton and TO dipped below. 99 .Everything else is at 99 still? Lottery is closing tomorrow.. how is this possible? 
    Lots of seats.
    Lots of seats, and many are afraid to travel in the terrible, terrible Canadian winter. 
    I m gonnacdrive from New Jersey to Quebec City for the show. You think I am good?  @Falling Down
    If you leave on the 21st (Saturday), you'll be good. Just need to give yourself some time to pause and rest (or sleep) if weather is bad. But remember, winter tires are mandatory on the Quebec roads in winter
    For this Pearl Jam road trip will put on winter tires. I have all seasons on my car right now. They are doing fine at the moment here in the Atlantic.
  • Options
    One concern I have with the fan-to-fan sale is that all the tickets will be at face value.  That means by definition, people will always buy the best seat available.  If you have a high member number and get bad seats, you may actually have trouble selling them.  If yours are never "the best" ticket available, they will never sell.  It's not like stubhub where you can lower your price to make the sale happen faster.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited January 2020
    Sarava said:

https://pearljam.com/news/ten-club-ticket-presale-info

Verified Fan Presale:
    General public tickets will be sold first through a presale powered by Ticketmaster Verified Fan. Ticketmaster Verified Fan registration begins today, January 13 and closes on Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59pm PT.

To register, please visit: https://verifiedfan.ticketmaster.com/pearljam

The Verified Fan presale then begins on Thursday, January 23 at 10am venue local time.

Public Ticket Sale:
    A remaining, limited number of tickets for each venue will be released through a traditional general sale on January 24 at 10am local time on Ticketmaster.com.

• Options
    Sarava said:
    That is straight up funny.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    LOL I love that we have been waiting so long for this tour and I wake up today to nothing but lots of complaints about stuff we already know.
  • Options
    One concern I have with the fan-to-fan sale is that all the tickets will be at face value.  That means by definition, people will always buy the best seat available.  If you have a high member number and get bad seats, you may actually have trouble selling them.  If yours are never "the best" ticket available, they will never sell.  It's not like stubhub where you can lower your price to make the sale happen faster.
    Might be true but these shows will almost certainly all sell out, so at some point even the worst seats will be the best available.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    Is it safe to assume that there will be some better seats sold during the TM Verified Fan sale than what high 10C numbers will be getting for reserved seats? My answer is “yes.” Thoughts? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Matts3221 said:
    LOL I love that we have been waiting so long for this tour and I wake up today to nothing but lots of complaints about stuff we already know.
    Yep. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Is it safe to assume that there will be some better seats sold during the TM Verified Fan sale than what high 10C numbers will be getting for reserved seats? My answer is “yes.” Thoughts? 
    I'd imagine so. And some reserved for the initial general public sale as well and some held back to release shortly before the show. All pretty standard.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 777
    Might be true but these shows will almost certainly all sell out, so at some point even the worst seats will be the best available.
    I have a stupid question. Can we resell them below face value if they are the worst seats at a non-sold out show? Likely just a hypothetical question, but I am bored.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    bbiggs said:
    I'd imagine so. And some reserved for the initial general public sale as well and some held back to release shortly before the show. All pretty standard.
    Agreed. I’m going GA or bust based on my high number. I’ll take my chances in the TM VF sale if necessary. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,677
    demetrios said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    I just want to confirm the odds that I’m seeing for the Canadian shows.. as of this morning only Hamilton and TO dipped below. 99 .Everything else is at 99 still? Lottery is closing tomorrow.. how is this possible? 
    Lots of seats.
    Lots of seats, and many are afraid to travel in the terrible, terrible Canadian winter. 
    I m gonnacdrive from New Jersey to Quebec City for the show. You think I am good?  @Falling Down
    If you leave on the 21st (Saturday), you'll be good. Just need to give yourself some time to pause and rest (or sleep) if weather is bad. But remember, winter tires are mandatory on the Quebec roads in winter
    For this Pearl Jam road trip will put on winter tires. I have all seasons on my car right now. They are doing fine at the moment here in the Atlantic.
    I’m shocked you haven’t needed winter tires there thus far? Also why did I think you moved to the States to join your girlfriend there? Or did she move to you? 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,440
    Very true and the best way to combat that is to only enter for shows you are certain to attend. I realize things come up, but this is more flexibility than in the past. Previous tours you would have to eat the tickets, end of story.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    I have a stupid question. Can we resell them below face value if they are the worst seats at a non-sold out show? Likely just a hypothetical question, but I am bored.
    I had the same thought. If everyone is getting tickets, they are gonna be hard to re-sale I think. My gf and I both put in for each show we are attending but we'll only need one set more than likely. 
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    BmyersBmyers Posts: 58
    the only bad seats are the ones outside the venue... 
    Yes I'd like to be immediate stage left or right or in the pit, but if I am in the building it doesn't matter where I am...
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    ddeschler said:
     chicago would be getting 1 show later this year.
    What about Northerly Island or Tinley Park amphitheater?  Would Theo's feelings be hurt?

My feelings would be hurt if they played Tinley Park.
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Sarava said:
    Tickets for what?

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Very true and the best way to combat that is to only enter for shows you are certain to attend. I realize things come up, but this is more flexibility than in the past. Previous tours you would have to eat the tickets, end of story.
    Oh, I plan to attend anything I put in for.  But I also plan to try to upgrade...  I prefer GA, but would take any seat to guarantee getting in the building.  But my guess is there will be others that upgrade.  Someone with a low number may have decent reserved seats, but finds a hookup with GA tix.  Now they put their tix on fan to fan and I buy those.  Now I have 2 pairs and need to unload my nosebleeds.  Yes, first world problems.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,440
    pjl44 said:
    Oh, I plan to attend anything I put in for.  But I also plan to try to upgrade...  I prefer GA, but would take any seat to guarantee getting in the building.  But my guess is there will be others that upgrade.  Someone with a low number may have decent reserved seats, but finds a hookup with GA tix.  Now they put their tix on fan to fan and I buy those.  Now I have 2 pairs and need to unload my nosebleeds.  Yes, first world problems.
    I totally get it if someone wants to keep flipping their way to better seats, but asking for a system that maximizes your tools to do such is a bit much.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Always are