2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    I am amazed scrolling through this thread how many people didn’t even bother to read the email and keep asking the same questions.....of which answers are in the email sent yesterday morning.   Reading is hard I guess.
    It’s really incredible. It took me 10 minutes to read it all and understand everything. 
    So you knew for sure that GA would be picked first if best available was selected and both GA and reserved tickets were still available?
    Yes, it’s common sense. GA is always considered best on TM. 
    Never hurts to confirm.  But that was a question where the answer was not in the instructions.
  • I am amazed scrolling through this thread how many people didn’t even bother to read the email and keep asking the same questions.....of which answers are in the email sent yesterday morning.   Reading is hard I guess.
    It’s really incredible. It took me 10 minutes to read it all and understand everything. 
    So you knew for sure that GA would be picked first if best available was selected and both GA and reserved tickets were still available?
    Yes, it’s common sense. GA is always considered best on TM. 
    Its been confirmed in another thread that GA is considered the best.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    There's definitely a concern that 10club may have just put the fox in charge of the hen house. But hopefully they got assurances TM would do everything on the up and up.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    If questions bother some people, this probably isn't the best thread for them to read then.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    Sarava said:
    If questions bother some people, this probably isn't the best thread for them to read then.
    To be fair, this a Tour Rumors thread. If someone clicked into the Spring Tour Panicky Questions thread, I would see your point.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    I just want to confirm the odds that I’m seeing for the Canadian shows.. as of this morning only Hamilton and TO dipped below. 99 .Everything else is at 99 still? Lottery is closing tomorrow.. how is this possible? 
    Lots of seats.
    Lots of seats, and many are afraid to travel in the terrible, terrible Canadian winter. 
    I m gonnacdrive from New Jersey to Quebec City for the show. You think I am good?  @Falling Down
    If you leave on the 21st (Saturday), you'll be good. Just need to give yourself some time to pause and rest (or sleep) if weather is bad. But remember, winter tires are mandatory on the Quebec roads in winter! 
    Interesting. I’ll be making the drive as well. I just did a quick search, and found that only cars with plates registered in Quebec are required by law to have snow tires. I’m not saying they may not be necessary or helpful, but I don’t think we need to run and shell out a few hundred dollars for snow tires just for a weekend trip, FWIW. @mcgruff10
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    pjl44 said:
    Sarava said:
    To be fair, this a Tour Rumors thread. If someone clicked into the Spring Tour Panicky Questions thread, I would see your point.
    Someone should start that thread, with that exact title.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    pjl44 said:
    Sarava said:
    So let's shut the thread down.   Tour was announced.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    Sarava said:
    This.  ^^

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jefftjefft Posts: 657
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    I just want to confirm the odds that I’m seeing for the Canadian shows.. as of this morning only Hamilton and TO dipped below. 99 .Everything else is at 99 still? Lottery is closing tomorrow.. how is this possible? 
    Lots of seats.
    Lots of seats, and many are afraid to travel in the terrible, terrible Canadian winter. 
    I m gonnacdrive from New Jersey to Quebec City for the show. You think I am good?  @Falling Down
    If you leave on the 21st (Saturday), you'll be good. Just need to give yourself some time to pause and rest (or sleep) if weather is bad. But remember, winter tires are mandatory on the Quebec roads in winter! 
    Interesting. I’ll be making the drive as well. I just did a quick search, and found that only cars with plates registered in Quebec are required by law to have snow tires. I’m not saying they may not be necessary or helpful, but I don’t think we need to run and shell out a few hundred dollars for snow tires just for a weekend trip, FWIW. @mcgruff10
    Your right only quebec plated are mandatory
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    There's definitely a concern that 10club may have just put the fox in charge of the hen house. But hopefully they got assurances TM would do everything on the up and up.

In addition to their overwhelming popularity, Limiting supply to the public drives up resale prices.

Not playing NA arena shows in 4 years drives up prices 

Playing shows disproportionate to where the fans are drives up prices. Balt and NY will see the brunt of that this time.

Not having a moderately  priced option such as platinum drives up prices 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.

I really considered making the trip as well, but ultimately didn't want to stress about the weather so I'm not going to put in for those tickets.  That being said... I wish all of you making the trip to have bright sunshine and warm weather that week =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    Sarava said:
    Someone should start that thread, with that exact title.
    Done
    pjl44 said:
    Sarava said:
    So let's shut the thread down.   Tour was announced.
    It's not done, though. I legit come in here to see if people post anything about the fall shows. Some of that stuff has started to trickle out.
  • on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.

I really considered making the trip as well, but ultimately didn't want to stress about the weather so I'm not going to put in for those tickets.  That being said... I wish all of you making the trip to have bright sunshine and warm weather that week =)
    Thanks! Fingers crossed. I’m not too worried about it, given that I live with some pretty shitty winters myself. Just going to make sure we give ourselves plenty of transit time. 
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.

Thanks! Fingers crossed. I’m not too worried about it, given that I live with some pretty shitty winters myself. Just going to make sure we give ourselves plenty of transit time. 
    drive 9 hours or pay close to $1000 usd for a two hour flight (that's for two tickets)...hmmmmmm.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • "We are excited to announce Pearl Jam’s first leg of North American tour dates!"

This should serve as confirmation of fall dates as the 2nd leg, correct?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.

drive 9 hours or pay close to $1000 usd for a two hour flight (that's for two tickets)...hmmmmmm.  
    Quite the dilemma. Depends what you value more. We’re also doing Ottawa, which is about a 6 hour drive from home, so for us it just makes more sense (financially, mostly) to drive. 
  • good luck everyomne and enjoy the shows
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    good luck everyomne and enjoy the shows
    too bad you aren't tough enough to handle the north american crowds.  would have been nice to finally meet up.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    too bad you aren't tough enough to handle the north american crowds.  would have been nice to finally meet up.
    😂😂
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    good luck everyomne and enjoy the lottery
    Fixed.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    .Poncier said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

In addition to their overwhelming popularity, Limiting supply to the public drives up resale prices.

Not playing NA arena shows in 4 years drives up prices 

Playing shows disproportionate to where the fans are drives up prices. Balt and NY will see the brunt of that this time.

Not having a moderately  priced option such as platinum drives up prices 
    Keep in mind TM is going to sell out nosebleeds in some venues at $100/each with this plan. They might not get platinum $$$ for the seats up front, but it comes at the cost of high prices in upper levels. And more people not knowing what they will get in advance means less likelihood of some venues having an empty upper level.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    They were talking about the pj tour and album news on WGN this morning and mentioned chicago would be getting 1 show later this year.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 444
    They were talking about the pj tour and album news on WGN this morning and mentioned chicago would be getting 1 show later this year.
    I wonder if it's a Wrigley show or 1 United center show 
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    setlist41 said:
    I wonder if it's a Wrigley show or 1 United center show 
    What if it's Lolla?  :/
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • symptomsfadesymptomsfade Posts: 239
    edited January 2020
    👍👍👍👍👍👍
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,937
    Please United Center, please no Lolla, I'd be cool with Wrigley just no Lolla.....my desire to ever attend Lolla again is beyond zilch....would I? Not sure.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • CP218430 said:
    Please United Center, please no Lolla, I'd be cool with Wrigley just no Lolla.....my desire to ever attend Lolla again is beyond zilch....would I? Not sure.
    Same here - I'd have little to zero interest in going to Lolla.  Pretty sure I wouldn't, even here in Chicago & they were playing.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,937
    Chicago is 297 miles from St. Louis. Lolla is in Chicago in August. PJ is in St. Louis at the end of March. So if we're going by strict semantics the 300 mile rule and 6 month rule means they can't do Lolla? Right?
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."