Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    I just want to confirm the odds that I’m seeing for the Canadian shows.. as of this morning only Hamilton and TO dipped below. 99 .Everything else is at 99 still? Lottery is closing tomorrow.. how is this possible? 
    Lots of seats.
    Lots of seats, and many are afraid to travel in the terrible, terrible Canadian winter. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Sarava said:
    ally12 said:
    I just want to confirm the odds that I’m seeing for the Canadian shows.. as of this morning only Hamilton and TO dipped below. 99 .Everything else is at 99 still? Lottery is closing tomorrow.. how is this possible? 
    I've heard a few people say that they only update the odds twice a day. I know for the US shows, the odds I see right now for my 3 shows (STL and LA) are the same as they were yesterday evening when I put my picks in. So we will all see a big dip at some point today I'm sure.
    FAQ says they update twice a day. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.
    Lots of seats, and many are afraid to travel in the terrible, terrible Canadian winter. 
    We can get some real shitty weather in March.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    ally12 said:
    Most people are putting “best available,” so the system is counting that as a GA request because that’s what it considers the best available.  There’s not a 99% chance there’s seats, the system just marks it down as that because it doesn’t take a guess at your chances for both seats and GA.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jefft said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.
    The worst snowstorms are usually in March. But... taking the train between TO then Ottawa then Quebec back down to Hamilton will ensure you get there no matter the weather. 

Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Costa Rica 11

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    I plan to drive between the 4 Canadian shows but I will have my dog sled on stand by. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Vedd Hedd said:
    kaw753 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    I think if this is truly an experiment for Ticketmaster and they want to be able to partner with all the bands out there and their fan clubs... this is the one they won't fuck up.  They can be like we made amends with PJ and we do it right.  That would go away to so many other contracts and fan clubs far less dedicated than 10C.
    We are also paying $20 in fees per ticket for the new privilege of being able to resell tickets at face value. Ticketmaster is making roughly $300,000 per night without having to do anything dubious or nefarious. This is likely also extremely small potatoes compared to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift tour money, which is likely their end goal with this fan club model. 
    Pretty sure they're still cheaper than last time around
    Yes, seems about the same, if not a bit cheaper.

My Toronto 10c tickets last tour were $157 for a PAIR. It's about $120 for just a single ticket this time around. In no way is that anywhere near the same, let alone cheaper.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    BV84003 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    kaw753 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    I think if this is truly an experiment for Ticketmaster and they want to be able to partner with all the bands out there and their fan clubs... this is the one they won't fuck up.  They can be like we made amends with PJ and we do it right.  That would go away to so many other contracts and fan clubs far less dedicated than 10C.
    We are also paying $20 in fees per ticket for the new privilege of being able to resell tickets at face value. Ticketmaster is making roughly $300,000 per night without having to do anything dubious or nefarious. This is likely also extremely small potatoes compared to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift tour money, which is likely their end goal with this fan club model. 

My Toronto 10c tickets last tour were $157 for a PAIR. It's about $120 for just a single ticket this time around. In no way is that anywhere near the same, let alone cheaper.
    Wasn’t that 157 American?  I know “ my tickets” say 157 but I remember getting my Master Card Bill that they were more expensive. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    BV84003 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    kaw753 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

It's all relative. The St. Louis tickets are cheaper for a pair than my Wrigley pair was in 2018.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,922
    edited January 2020
    jefft said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.
    The worst snowstorms are usually in March. But... taking the train between TO then Ottawa then Quebec back down to Hamilton will ensure you get there no matter the weather. 
    Can't wait! We will be driving from Atlantic Canada, doing all 4 shows in Ontario and Quebec. Instead of doing the usual train, bus & plane route, this years Pearl Jam tour is by car. 
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    BV84003 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    kaw753 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Wasn’t that 157 American?  I know “ my tickets” say 157 but I remember getting my Master Card Bill that they were more expensive. 
    Yeah, it was $157 US, but I don't recall what my actual CC charge was.  I should add that I am in the US; maybe Canadian CCs had a fee for the Tenclub purchase last time. I assume I'll likely get hit with an additional fee for this as well, too since it's in $CAD.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    YourLightMadeUsStarsYourLightMadeUsStars NB, Canada Posts: 38
    Does anyone know when we find out if we’ve been selected for tickets? I understand you have to submit your picks by tomorrow but thought I saw somewhere that tickets will only be determined through the day on Sunday.. can’t seem to find that now though.

Anything to worry about if we’re not charged on Thursday? 

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    Does anyone know when we find out if we’ve been selected for tickets? I understand you have to submit your picks by tomorrow but thought I saw somewhere that tickets will only be determined through the day on Sunday.. can’t seem to find that now though.

Anything to worry about if we’re not charged on Thursday? 

By Sunday it will all be decided..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,660
    ally12 said:
    Most people are putting “best available,” so the system is counting that as a GA request because that’s what it considers the best available.  There’s not a 99% chance there’s seats, the system just marks it down as that because it doesn’t take a guess at your chances for both seats and GA.
    This is an interesting point and makes some sense.  Was this confirmed with Ticketmaster? 
  • Options
    ally12 said:
    This is an interesting point and makes some sense.  Was this confirmed with Ticketmaster? 
    I don’t think it’s confirmed but it makes a lot of sense 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    Or...everyone that has a Reserved in their selection, so far, will get them. Any leftovers will be put to the public sales. Win/win for everyone involved. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    jefft said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.
    Can't wait! We will be driving from Atlantic Canada, doing all 4 shows in Ontario and Quebec. Instead of doing the usual train, bus & plane route, this years Pearl Jam tour is by car. 
    Same here! Except that for Ottawa, four of us will rent a limo cause we all need to be back in Montreal in time to head for the ski slopes on Saturday morning for the final day of kids ski lessons. 

Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Costa Rica 11

• Options
    ally12 said:
    I don’t think it’s confirmed but it makes a lot of sense 
    It seems like their odds system should take this into account though.  A pretty simple variable.  I hopefully think they have more tickets and their odds factor in best available overflowing to reserved once the GA tickets are sold out.
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Those trying to book flights, Southwest is running a special right now for the spring.
    Link
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.
    I m gonnacdrive from New Jersey to Quebec City for the show. You think I am good?  @Falling Down
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I am amazed scrolling through this thread how many people didn’t even bother to read the email and keep asking the same questions.....of which answers are in the email sent yesterday morning.   Reading is hard I guess.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,455
    I would imagine Best Available counts in the numerator for both GA and Reserved since it checks both boxes
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.
    I m gonnacdrive from New Jersey to Quebec City for the show. You think I am good?  @Falling Down
    If you leave on the 21st (Saturday), you'll be good. Just need to give yourself some time to pause and rest (or sleep) if weather is bad. But remember, winter tires are mandatory on the Quebec roads in winter! 

Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Costa Rica 11

• Options
    I am amazed scrolling through this thread how many people didn’t even bother to read the email and keep asking the same questions.....of which answers are in the email sent yesterday morning.   Reading is hard I guess.
    It’s really incredible. It took me 10 minutes to read it all and understand everything. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,679
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.
    If you have winter tires mounted you should be alright if the road conditions are poor. Just pack the safe travel essentials: plenty of washer fluid and a show brush. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    mcgruff10 said:0
    jefft said:
    ally12 said:
    Lots of seats.
    You will be fine.
  • Options
    It’s really incredible. It took me 10 minutes to read it all and understand everything. 
    So you knew for sure that GA would be picked first if best available was selected and both GA and reserved tickets were still available?
  • Options
    So you knew for sure that GA would be picked first if best available was selected and both GA and reserved tickets were still available?
    GA is always treated as "best" when looking for best available on Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    BV84003 said:
    GA is always treated as "best" when looking for best available on Ticketmaster.
    Was it written in the announcement though?  No.
  • Options
    Yes, it’s common sense. GA is always considered best on TM.