Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,574
    Let's not forget....with ticketmaster using the 10 Club to find buyers.....then Ticketmaster barely has to promote the concerts.  They dont spend a dime on promotion, and still gets to charge their fees on 10c members.

And 10c gets to call the shots. This kinda seems like a win win. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    What should we argue about next
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,561
    So based on the comments from PJ Radio this morning, i think it's safe to say THERE WILL BE NO SPRING TOUR. Whoever came up with this list of cities and dates is completely incorrect and has lost all credibility in this Forum. North American Fall Tour prior to the US elections  looks likely now. Sorry to be negative, I just hate when some users on here think they are "insiders".
    Hi,hope u doing good..
    let me tell how things are with me..there are people for their own problem or agenda attack me in social media and forums,say shit about me..one thing is sure,they dont know me..but still
    those people are in 3 categories..
    1,jealous people..the are jealous cos im known in the community,band knows me,the managment.,they cant get into their head why and how  that happen.i get it,,when jealousy get into people they get to be mean..i ignore them ofocurse 
    2.people who are mean..they are mean with everyone...so i get the shit too..maybe me a bit  more like an examble in song  request threads,when i ask for a song they attack me but they never say anythig to other people request,,i ignore them too,and espeically these people get more mean cos they hate when u ignore them
    3.people who are fans and use the band to make money..like flippers,who sell bootlegs have shops and websites,twitter acounts ,who makes money of it.
    and cos i run the biggest page in social media  and alot followme at other social media and not allow them or promote to make money ,i dont retweet their business ot allow sales,not promote their pages  when they find the chance come against me.. 

now thanks to u.i learn a few days ago that u ut your  post .this that there is a 4th category..the stupid ones..
    cos u must be really stupid to come to this  forum that people knows im legit to say shit about me..
    ill learn to ignore that category too..i just needed to give an answer to u..and ill ignore this category from now on..
    so u know that im not gew bullied,im here 14 years ten club member and alot like u tried before and nothing happened,.,im a taugh cookie dear fellow fan
    what all those 4 category people doesnt realise is the rest of us.,we are away more..the good people,who their intention is to help the community,to share happiness and positivity....we are fuckin more!!!!!
    you cant win this..the good is here to stay .and keep u in the corner...

hope u enjoy the shows,and the new album.
    enjoy your day as well.

one of the "insiders"

• Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,180
    kaw753 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    I think if this is truly an experiment for Ticketmaster and they want to be able to partner with all the bands out there and their fan clubs... this is the one they won't fuck up.  They can be like we made amends with PJ and we do it right.  That would go away to so many other contracts and fan clubs far less dedicated than 10C.
    We are also paying $20 in fees per ticket for the new privilege of being able to resell tickets at face value. Ticketmaster is making roughly $300,000 per night without having to do anything dubious or nefarious. This is likely also extremely small potatoes compared to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift tour money, which is likely their end goal with this fan club model. 
    Pretty sure they're still cheaper than last time around
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    edited January 2020
    Anybody else put in a request and not get an email from ticketmaster confirming you are good? 

Disregard. Spam fokder
    Post edited by jambayleaf on
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,574
    kaw753 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    I think if this is truly an experiment for Ticketmaster and they want to be able to partner with all the bands out there and their fan clubs... this is the one they won't fuck up.  They can be like we made amends with PJ and we do it right.  That would go away to so many other contracts and fan clubs far less dedicated than 10C.
    We are also paying $20 in fees per ticket for the new privilege of being able to resell tickets at face value. Ticketmaster is making roughly $300,000 per night without having to do anything dubious or nefarious. This is likely also extremely small potatoes compared to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift tour money, which is likely their end goal with this fan club model. 
    Yes, seems about the same, if not a bit cheaper.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,423
    So what do those three symbols stand for that were posted prior to the announcement? Fire, water, strange peace symbol?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Love you, DIMI!!!!!!

Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    Did something happen today?
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    What was it?
    oh yeah, I hate everyone. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 117
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    MD190661 said:
    I’ve done GA before and reserved before.  If you don’t end up on the rail, arent you just stuck in a pit with a bunch of taller people and you can’t drink because then you’ll lose your spot when you have to pee?!?
    I usually just hang towards the back. They don't tend to oversell the pit so there is plenty of room and you are still within 15 rows or so of the stage. If someone is too tall for you, you can can move 5 feet over and be fine. And you don't lose your spot!
    The music is loud. You can hear it in the toilet.
  • Options
    when Eddie is jacked up watching you rip Evenflow at MSG 🤘
  • Options
    Trying to understand the odds a little.  Let's say there are 1000 GA seats for a show.  1400 people put in for GA, so their odds are around 71%.  Is it that simple?  Does that mean that anything that is less than 99% odds means it's impossible to make it to the 2nd round?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    Trying to understand the odds a little.  Let's say there are 1000 GA seats for a show.  1400 people put in for GA, so their odds are around 71%.  Is it that simple?  Does that mean that anything that is less than 99% odds means it's impossible to make it to the 2nd round?
    No because the odds do not take into account priority placement. The majority of those people could have put that pick as number to 2 or worse. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    No because the odds do not take into account priority placement. The majority of those people could have put that pick as number to 2 or worse. 
    Ah, so in my example the 1400 would be the TOTAL number of people who selected GA.  The odds shown would be no diff if 100 or 1000 of the 1400 had it as choice #1. Thanks.
  • Options
    gwallgwall Charlotte, NC Posts: 14
    edited January 2020
    So based on the comments from PJ Radio this morning, i think it's safe to say THERE WILL BE NO SPRING TOUR. Whoever came up with this list of cities and dates is completely incorrect and has lost all credibility in this Forum. North American Fall Tour prior to the US elections  looks likely now. Sorry to be negative, I just hate when some users on here think they are "insiders".
    Hi,hope u doing good..
    let me tell how things are with me..there are people for their own problem or agenda attack me in social media and forums,say shit about me..one thing is sure,they dont know me..but still
    1,jealous people..the are jealous cos im known in the community,band knows me,the managment.,they cant get into their head why and how  that happen.i get it,,when jealousy get into people they get to be mean..i ignore them ofocurse 
    2.people who are mean..they are mean with everyone...so i get the shit too..maybe me a bit  more like an examble in song  request threads,when i ask for a song they attack me but they never say anythig to other people request,,i ignore them too,and espeically these people get more mean cos they hate when u ignore them
    3.people who are fans and use the band to make money..like flippers,who sell bootlegs have shops and websites,twitter acounts ,who makes money of it.
    and cos i run the biggest page in social media  and alot followme at other social media and not allow them or promote to make money ,i dont retweet their business ot allow sales,not promote their pages  when they find the chance come against me.. 

now thanks to u.i learn a few days ago that u ut your  post .this that there is a 4th category..the stupid ones..
    cos u must be really stupid to come to this  forum that people knows im legit to say shit about me..
    ill learn to ignore that category too..i just needed to give an answer to u..and ill ignore this category from now on..
    so u know that im not gew bullied,im here 14 years ten club member and alot like u tried before and nothing happened,.,im a taugh cookie dear fellow fan
    what all those 4 category people doesnt realise is the rest of us.,we are away more..the good people,who their intention is to help the community,to share happiness and positivity....we are fuckin more!!!!!

enjoy your day as well.

one of the "insiders"

Dimitri just dunked on the jellies and haters with a mic in his hand then he spiked said mic on the forum’s floor post-jam... Great job as always D!
    Post edited by gwall on
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    cutz said:
    Hi,hope u doing good..

enjoy your day as well.

one of the "insiders"

Cool answer brother! ;)
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:
    Love you, DIMI!!!!!!

I second this!!!! You are the man DIMI!
    Denver, Phoenix and San Diego. Fuckin eh... 
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    I m so happy for all people here that will enjoy na spring tour!! Also after some frustrating feelings for eu tour lol
    i ll wait for this fall to have the chance to live na gigs experience :) till that i ve a long road to walk with you jamily: new album + eu tour!! that’s pretty cool to me

Enjoy all this!!! So beautiful 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,527
    PB11041 said:
    Did something happen today?

Matchbox 2020 tour with Wallflowers.
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    Can someone tell me if it is supposed to say under "My Tickets" that I have entered the draw-?  I did get a receipt# frm.the ticketstoday-tm thing-and i called that (855)868-4782 help line-but i don't know if the person got what i was asking. They said i was in, and smthing about that will show later? I just recall before in the past it would say at TC that i was entered for draws, if/when i was...sorry if i'm missing smthing i should've "known"--but im worried...
  • Options
    Triberjay25Triberjay25 Detroit Posts: 115
    NEweather said:
    Can someone tell me if it is supposed to say under "My Tickets" that I have entered the draw-?  I did get a receipt# frm.the ticketstoday-tm thing-and i called that (855)868-4782 help line-but i don't know if the person got what i was asking. They said i was in, and smthing about that will show later? I just recall before in the past it would say at TC that i was entered for draws, if/when i was...sorry if i'm missing smthing i should've "known"--but im worried...
    As long as you get the confirmation email you're good.  Nobody has seen anything under the "My Tickets" section........
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    NEweather said:
    As long as you get the confirmation email you're good.  Nobody has seen anything under the "My Tickets" section........
    Thankyou very much for your reply-i really appreciate it.
  • Options
    BmyersBmyers Posts: 58
    edited January 2020
    drando said:
      If 10c was handling it why get TM involved at all and pay the fees.  They would have just ran it like they always do.
    TM has the technology dont think PJ or 10C want to fork out the loot to build the digital ticketing program/app, the whole logistics of ticketing 15 venues.  PJ does this once every 18 months TM does it once every 18 hours... 
    If they ran it like they always do then more scalpers would get tickets. Lets let this run its course and revisit April 20th and see everyone's experience
    Post edited by Bmyers on
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Vedd Hedd said:
    kaw753 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

A pair of MSG tickets for the 2016 tour was $188 from 10C. This year, BEFORE the TM fees, it's $206. An $18 raise in base prices is NOT a big deal, especially considering that it's been 4 years and everything goes up in price with inflation.  I promise you that the cost of touring has gone up more than their ticket prices.

I'm willing to sacrifice $25/ticket in fees for everything the new system offers: far more 10C tickets for everyone, the ability to request single tickets, the ability to request "best available" instead of choosing between GA and reserved, fan-to-fan face value resale, etc.  This is a good partnership. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    ally12ally12 Ottawa Posts: 68
    I just want to confirm the odds that I’m seeing for the Canadian shows.. as of this morning only Hamilton and TO dipped below. 99 .Everything else is at 99 still? Lottery is closing tomorrow.. how is this possible? 
    2011: PJ20- Ottawa, Canada
    2016: PJ25- Ottawa, Canada
    2020: Ottawa, Canada, QC City 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    ally12 said:
    I just want to confirm the odds that I’m seeing for the Canadian shows.. as of this morning only Hamilton and TO dipped below. 99 .Everything else is at 99 still? Lottery is closing tomorrow.. how is this possible? 
    Lots of seats.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    Vedd Hedd said:
    kaw753 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

A pair of MSG tickets for the 2016 tour was $188 from 10C. This year, BEFORE the TM fees, it's $206. An $18 raise in base prices is NOT a big deal, especially considering that it's been 4 years and everything goes up in price with inflation.  I promise you that the cost of touring has gone up more than their ticket prices.

I'm willing to sacrifice $25/ticket in fees for everything the new system offers: far more 10C tickets for everyone, the ability to request single tickets, the ability to request "best available" instead of choosing between GA and reserved, fan-to-fan face value resale, etc.  This is a good partnership. 
    I was pleasantly surprised to see the ticket prices. I am going for 2 tickets to each of 3 shows, and planned on spending close to $900. The total was under $800.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    ally12 said:
    I've heard a few people say that they only update the odds twice a day. I know for the US shows, the odds I see right now for my 3 shows (STL and LA) are the same as they were yesterday evening when I put my picks in. So we will all see a big dip at some point today I'm sure.