Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    Higher than this (if 10c indeed did get quite a lot more seats)  - I paid ~$215 before fees for nosebleeds for MSG1 last tour.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    drandodrando Posts: 68
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    It looks like the band wants to make sure all the Faithful get in and the scalpers can go kiss off.  My only fear is that TM starts skimming these seats to hand off to the scalpers so they can make more money.  Shady I know but I would not put it past them.  How would the 10C know?
    The yin to the yang of having so many seats sold to the 10C and Verified TM lotto who are people not likely to sell their tickets is that the supply of "sellable" seats on the secondary market is gonna be extremely low.

Low supply + high demand is going to equate to crazy high prices.  Certainly for the MSG and Baltimore shows.

My guess is that the worst seats at MSG settle at like $200-$250 before fees.  Curious to see how close I am once all the tickets have been sold.
    I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    JM144705 said:
    Anyone (looking at you @dimitrispearljam) know when the first single is gonna drop?
    The date floating around is the 24th
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    JB273578 said:
    Help please. 
    In Denver, I really really want GA, but I also don't want to be left out. I have been an active member since 2015.  Should I do both or just try for GA?  I am only going to one show.

Thanks!
    Jim
    Choose Best Available. You'll get GA if it's available, with reserved seats as the backup.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,652
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

I just don't trust Ticketmaster,  they can say they ran the algo.  Gave out the tickets to the 10c people and really kept some for themselves to be sold on the secondary market.  I hope 10c can audit them after the fact and make sure they went to actual 10c members.  PJ is always one of the biggest tours so TM knows that and I dont trust them.  I put in for my shows and will hope I get them,  but the skeptic in me is not so sure that TM will be on the up and up.
    Wouldn’t 10C be the ones assigning seat locations to members?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

I think you're over thinking it.  I'm sure that the PJ/10C side of this is all above board.

I'm also pretty sure that TM basically said, 'OK, we will go along with all that, but we can do what-ever-the-fuck we want to with the remaining inventory.'

Not really much you can do if they leak some it out the backdoor for market value. Again, it might not be ideal, it's just life in the big city and all that.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 700
    edited January 2020
    How would scalpers get the wristbands to use extra tm tickets if there were such? I'm kinda naive to this stuff. GA that is.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Good question,  I think Tickemaster handling this.  One person earlier said he called the 800 number they said your best chance of getting in the building is pick Best available.  If 10c was handling it why get TM involved at all and pay the fees.  They would have just ran it like they always do.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

I think you're over thinking it.  I'm sure that the PJ/10C side of this is all above board.

I'm also pretty sure that TM basically said, 'OK, we will go along with all that, but we can do what-ever-the-fuck we want to with the remaining inventory.'

Not really much you can do if they leak some it out the backdoor for market value. Again, it might not be ideal, it's just life in the big city and all that.

Yes the PJ/10c side of it is definitely above board,  but people may get shutout do to TM shenanigans.
  • Options
    We all know the pit is all 10c members unless you have pull.  So  lets see.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,672
    drando said:
    ComeToTX said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Good question,  I think Tickemaster handling this.  One person earlier said he called the 800 number they said your best chance of getting in the building is pick Best available.  If 10c was handling it why get TM involved at all and pay the fees.  They would have just ran it like they always do.
    Software.  
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    D-Rod said:
    demetrios said:
    Early in the pre sale ..

The Toronto and Hamilton shows will be all 10 club members.  Look at all of that blue 
    All blue is 10c????  That’s crazy!  That’s a shit ton of tix!  Love it....let’s bring it to Hamilton 10c!
    All blue is NOT “all” 10c. Those are sections where 10c has tickets. Does not mean every seat in every row is 10c. Like the 2018 stadium shows, they have seats throughout the arena now, not just the closest sections. More tickets = some members get worse seats, but more people get in. 

Anything in grey will be sold during the other sales and have no 10c seats. 
    👍Thought that was a bit much.  Still I like more available seats getting us all in the arena.  
    Did anyone take screenshots of the US venues?
  • Options
    drando said:
    ComeToTX said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Software.  
    Yes software.  Software can do whatever TM wants it to do.  We are talking about the same band that fought these folks back in the day.  TM should have no part of the 10c tickets.  As a lot of these seats are premium.
  • Options
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Yes the PJ/10c side of it is definitely above board,  but people may get shutout do to TM shenanigans.
    This will not be a popular opinion here, but just go with me.

PJ walks into a meeting and says, 'OK, we want you to handle 100% of our ticketing.  10C, Verified Presale, General sale.  The whole bit.  You get to charge fees on 100% of the tickets. In exchange, we need 70% of them (guessing here) to be sold to our fan club for probably like 50%-70% what they would cost if we just had a traditional sale.'

If you are TM, and you know how scarce the other 30% is gonna be and what they will go for there is a big part of me that understands why a certain amount of them leak out directly on StubHub at a 'market' price.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

I think if this is truly an experiment for Ticketmaster and they want to be able to partner with all the bands out there and their fan clubs... this is the one they won't fuck up.  They can be like we made amends with PJ and we do it right.  That would go away to so many other contracts and fan clubs far less dedicated than 10C.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 700
    "Ticketmaster sucks, Ticketmaster sucks,  Ticketmaster sucks"
    Soldier field 1995 after Ed talks about ticketing issues.
    Wtf is happening? 
    This better go perfectly. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24
  • Options
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

I think if this is truly an experiment for Ticketmaster and they want to be able to partner with all the bands out there and their fan clubs... this is the one they won't fuck up.  They can be like we made amends with PJ and we do it right.  That would go away to so many other contracts and fan clubs far less dedicated than 10C.
    You guys are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY overthinking this........

It's really as simple as 10c didn't want to (more than likely) deal with the lottery, handing out of tickets etc. and are working with TM who easily has the platform to do so.  Really - that simple.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    I do have a question,  Do you think the band could sell out MSG with just 10c members,  If they allowed 4 tickets each?  I know they cant do it due to contracts between Ticketmaster and the promoters,  but could they do it?  I think so.  You have people wanting to see them at MSG all the time.  People would be coming from up and down the east coast and from the otherside of the pond.  One show only not two.
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,272
    pjl44 said:
    I think Best Available means GA first, Reserved second. If you prefer Reserved, only choose Reserved. That's how I would handle it and be reasonably confident about it. 
    Absolutely. The best available seats are objectively the closer ones to the stage. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

It's really as simple as 10c didn't want to (more than likely) deal with the lottery, handing out of tickets etc. and are working with TM who easily has the platform to do so.  Really - that simple.
    Yes they can handle it,  but can they be trusted,  knowing how much money is on the table.
  • Options
    drando said:
    drando said:
    ComeToTX said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Software.  
    Yes software.  Software can do whatever TM wants it to do.  We are talking about the same band that fought these folks back in the day.  TM should have no part of the 10c tickets.  As a lot of these seats are premium.
    No.  10C can’t do tickets the way they want (which is how the fans want) in house.  They need a ticket provider’s infrastructure.  You are assuming Ticketmaster is going to screw the fan club.  I would expect the fan club knows exactly how many tickets are available to the fan club and where the seats are located.  

This is the best ticket method 10c has ever had and the most tickets the 10c has probably ever had based on 1 northeast show being 99% after day one.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,652
    drando said:
    I do have a question,  Do you think the band could sell out MSG with just 10c members,  If they allowed 4 tickets each?  I know they cant do it due to contracts between Ticketmaster and the promoters,  but could they do it?  I think so.  You have people wanting to see them at MSG all the time.  People would be coming from up and down the east coast and from the otherside of the pond.  One show only not two.
    If PJ did a 10C only residency at MSG they could sell out as many shows as they wanted. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    drando said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Yes they can handle it,  but can they be trusted,  knowing how much money is on the table.
    Trusted with the 10C lotto.  Yes.

Trusted with how the rest of the tickets get distributed, hell no.
  • Options
    drando said:
    drando said:
    ComeToTX said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Software.  
    No.  10C can’t do tickets the way they want (which is how the fans want) in house.  They need a ticket provider’s infrastructure.  You are assuming Ticketmaster is going to screw the fan club.  I would expect the fan club knows exactly how many tickets are available to the fan club and where the seats are located.  

This is the best ticket method 10c has ever had and the most tickets the 10c has probably ever had based on 1 northeast show being 99% after day one.
    This is fine,  but how does 10c know that a fan club member is actually sitting in the seat.  This is what I am referring to.  Does the 10c know exactly every seat in the arena they have and will they check all the after market sites to make sure that seat is not available.  If the answer is yes than its a moot point.  I just dont think they have the people power for it.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 779
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

We are also paying $20 in fees per ticket for the new privilege of being able to resell tickets at face value. Ticketmaster is making roughly $300,000 per night without having to do anything dubious or nefarious. This is likely also extremely small potatoes compared to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift tour money, which is likely their end goal with this fan club model. 
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,272
    rmwatson said:
    It is pretty simple - they are not drawing based on GA first and then Res; rather, they are drawing an entry (hopefully mine for example), and looking at my choice.  I chose Best Available option; therefore, if there are any GA tickets left, i would get two of those, if not, I get two reserved seating.  My seats would then later be assigned based on my seniority number.  Had I only chosen GA, and all of the GA tix were gone when my entry got pulled, I would be out of luck. 

Its really the same when you are in one of those fast 10AM Ticketmaster sales, always go Best Available if you want in the building.  If you have to be somewhere in particular, take the time to pick out a certain level while the bots eat up all the tickets.  My $0.02, I will be interested to see how it works out, but I really like this new system.
    Well stated
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    drando said:
    drando said:
    drando said:
    ComeToTX said:
    drando said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    drando said:

Software.  

This is fine,  but how does 10c know that a fan club member is actually sitting in the seat.  This is what I am referring to.  Does the 10c know exactly every seat in the arena they have and will they check all the after market sites to make sure that seat is not available.  If the answer is yes than its a moot point.  I just dont think they have the people power for it.
    Outside of the NYC show you cannot transfer your 10C tickets unless they are bought through this face value marketplace they are setting up, meaning you literally cannot sell them on Stubhub.

I really have no clue how they are gonna monitor MSG 10C winners from posting seats on StubHub, unless it's done by sections and they know any seats posted on certain ones are 10C tickets or something.
  • Options
    I would suspect the 10C knows how many fan club members received tickets and their seat locations.  10C would provide the fan club numbers to TM to assign the reserved tickets.  10c will know who and how many entered, how many tickets there are available, so not sure what the problem is.  
  • Options
    I brought all of this up for discussion.  I do not think MSG will end up being 99% when its all said and done.  Especially with one show. If it is  it is absolutely incredible but members will be sitting upstairs which even with my high number 49XXXX has never happened. Now back to the real news.  Our favorite band in the world is dropping a new album and we get a chance to see them one or more times for who knows how much longer.  Enjoy the shows.  May they rip our faces off like they usually do.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Pearl Jam has been working with Ticketmaster for years at this point. It isn't new.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."