Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Hey @dimitrispearljam the list ive been seeing ends 4/19 in Oakland.  Ive heard some rumors of PJ possibly playing Jazzfest in New Orleans around 4/26.  Any truth to those rumors?  4/26 is my 40th birthday and how badass would it be to actually see PJ live on your bday?????
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Hey @dimitrispearljam the list ive been seeing ends 4/19 in Oakland.  Ive heard some rumors of PJ possibly playing Jazzfest in New Orleans around 4/26.  Any truth to those rumors?  4/26 is my 40th birthday and how badass would it be to actually see PJ live on your bday?????
    I hope that works out for you! I saw them on my 21st bday in Denver (1998)!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,037
    brenny55 said:
    How long do people wait in line for GA for these types of venues? I could see MSG being very long but curious what the norm is?
    Australian's going to Europe. No comment.
    That bad?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I think New Orleans and Jazzfest were both shot down by Dimi within the first day or two of the hints starting.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 927
    I think New Orleans and Jazzfest were both shot down by Dimi within the first day or two of the hints starting.
    Could be a last minute change. Jazz Fest hasn’t announced their lineups yet. I am hoping as well, but extremely doubtful given the logistics of playing the west coast the week before. Lot of miles for a single show. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,403
    Tomorrow will be a record-breaking non productive day at the office. 
    I rescheduled a meeting already lol
    I was supposed to fly tomorrow for meetings in NJ. Flying tonight instead so I can sit at the hotel by myself. Wife thinks I am nuts, but no way I'm sitting on a plane while that shit drops.
    Totally something I would do, well done! Luckily, thanks to all the hints from @dimitrispearljam and @vedpunk I've been able to block off tomorrow from calls and meetings. Now with Rage added maybe, it's gonna be an unproductive AND expensive day. 
    Is Vedpunk as reliable as dimi? Not trying to be rude, I am just curious. Also, does anybody know how dimi gets his info?
    No. His posts were either vague to the point of useless or info that was already hinted at elsewhere. 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 859
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    I was supposed to fly tomorrow for meetings in NJ. Flying tonight instead so I can sit at the hotel by myself. Wife thinks I am nuts, but no way I'm sitting on a plane while that shit drops.
    Totally something I would do, well done! Luckily, thanks to all the hints from @dimitrispearljam and @vedpunk I've been able to block off tomorrow from calls and meetings. Now with Rage added maybe, it's gonna be an unproductive AND expensive day. 
    Is Vedpunk as reliable as dimi? Not trying to be rude, I am just curious. Also, does anybody know how dimi gets his info?
    No. His posts were either vague to the point of useless or info that was already hinted at elsewhere. 
    Sorry, couldn’t be more direct without losing the trust of my source.  I did give you some album info, the date of the announcement and some tour stop clues though.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    never heard anything about it..there is no festivals on the list..if somethinfg added last minute i dont know..
    but waiting is almost over,so..at this point,all wauit the moemnt of announcement and lotto opens 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,662
    Phoenix 4/11 ever get confirmed?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options

The date never did get confirmed
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 927
    Dimi can we get the venue for Oakland if known? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    wbutler29 said:
     the venue for Oakland if known? Thanks in advance.
    If it's in Oakland.. It'll be at the old Oracle Arena. Now, the Oakland Arena. http://www.coliseum.com/venues/detail/oakland-arena
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:
    Sorry, couldn’t be more direct without losing the trust of my source.  I did give you some album info, the date of the announcement and some tour stop clues though.
    Your date of announcement post was direct and dead on. Appreciate it. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Last night 93.3 AltAZ liked my Instagram story where I predicted they'll announce Pearl Jam on 4/11 at Gila River Arena at 11 a.m. tomorrow. That's the closest we've gotten to both a venue and date confirmation for Phoenix and take it with a big grain of salt, obviously.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,509
    HH140540 said:
    Don’t think I’ve seen it talked about yet. Any idea on venue in LA? Staples seems off the table with LAL/LAC schedules. Maybe The Forum?
    It was talked up and down 100+ pages ago
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:

Were you the "fish and chips" guy? What did that mean?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Cropduster2020Cropduster2020 SF Bay Area Posts: 21
    As we are all expecting a huge email to hit the inbox on Monday, and I work in email marketing, thought I'd share a few things about mass email sends.

PJ uses a platform and service called Mailchimp to send their newsletters and email communications. I'd imagine, with the potential announcement of an album and a US tour,  this email will go to their full file which means 10C members along with anyone who has ever bought anything on the PJ website and any email address they've collected over the years.  This could easily be a few million email addresses.  When sending several million emails at once, Mailchimp could  "throttle" the email send, which means that the email goes out in waves and could be as much as an hour or two between when the first email is sent and the last one is sent.  Whomever gets their email first - post screenshots!  If your email is received later, do not freak out. It has nothing to do with your 10C number or your chances in the lottery, it simply means that Mailchimp (and not PJ) held your email back during the initial send. 

It's a good thing that you check both your inbox and your promo tab/spam folder. As PJ doesn't send a lot of email and all of a sudden is sending several million emails, the ISPs may mark that the email is spam.   Best way to help ensure that their emails are in your inbox in the future is by not only opening the email but clicking the links inside the email.  
    Mountain View, California (July 19, 1992), Mountain View, California (November 01, 1992), Mountain View, California (October 02, 1994), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 20, 1996), Santa Cruz, California (November 12, 1997), Oakland, California (November 14, 1997), Oakland, California (November 15, 1997), Oakland, California (November 18, 1997), Sacramento, California (July 16, 1998), Portland, Oregon (July 18, 1998), Mountain View, California (October 31, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Seattle 1 (August 08, 2018), Seattle 2 (August 10, 2018), Ohana 1 (September 26, 2021), Ohana 2 (October 1, 2021), Ohana 3 (October 2, 2021) The Apollo (September 10, 2022), MSG (September 11, 2022). Sacramento (May 13, 2024), Bottlerock (May 25, 2024) 
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    And the annoucement will be posted on their www page ;) 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    never heard anything about it..there is no festivals on the list..if somethinfg added last minute i dont know..
    but waiting is almost over,so..at this point,all wauit the moemnt of announcement and lotto opens 
    Jazzfest would be fun.  Probably the only time PJ plays wearing sunglasses. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    As we are all expecting a huge email to hit the inbox on Monday, and I work in email marketing, thought I'd share a few things about mass email sends.

PJ uses a platform and service called Mailchimp to send their newsletters and email communications. I'd imagine, with the potential announcement of an album and a US tour,  this email will go to their full file which means 10C members along with anyone who has ever bought anything on the PJ website and any email address they've collected over the years.  This could easily be a few million email addresses.  When sending several million emails at once, Mailchimp could  "throttle" the email send, which means that the email goes out in waves and could be as much as an hour or two between when the first email is sent and the last one is sent.  Whomever gets their email first - post screenshots!  If your email is received later, do not freak out. It has nothing to do with your 10C number or your chances in the lottery, it simply means that Mailchimp (and not PJ) held your email back during the initial send. 

It's a good thing that you check both your inbox and your promo tab/spam folder. As PJ doesn't send a lot of email and all of a sudden is sending several million emails, the ISPs may mark that the email is spam.   Best way to help ensure that their emails are in your inbox in the future is by not only opening the email but clicking the links inside the email.  
    u are righht in  all this 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,043
    The forum post from SEA is usually right on time with the email and ticket lotto being available. Check the Euro tour announcement for example. 10 eastern or 1 eastern tomorrow gotta be. Not long now.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    PJNB said:
    The forum post from SEA is usually right on time with the email and ticket lotto being available. Check the Euro tour announcement for example. 10 eastern or 1 eastern tomorrow gotta be. Not long now.

Between a 10c email and general PJ email, checking the forum/news page if you haven’t seen anything is usually best bets. Guessing the site could hiccup a little with all the traffic, so don’t be surprised by any of that either.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    That being said, I’m ready to see what tomorrow brings. Even if I strike out in the lottery, the chance of new music is exciting as hell too.
  • Options
    The Who is rumored to be playing as well so it seemed reasonable.  Probably go to the Oakland shows though, but it would be fun to do a road trip up California 1 from LA to Oakland
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options

I'm still waiting for the friday's mail.🙄
    And yes, I checked ALL my folders 😂
  • Options
    Lottery will open tomorrow with announcement?
  • Options
    Usually that’s how they do it.  But it usually runs for a few days so there’s no need to enter right away.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    brenny55 said:
    Lottery will open tomorrow with announcement?
    Yes 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    kst said:
    Usually that’s how they do it.  But it usually runs for a few days so there’s no need to enter right away.
    I think the most logical timeline is lotto starts tomorrow, ends Wednesday/Thursday...maybe even Friday. Drawing is Friday OR Monday. General sale is Friday the 24th. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:
    Could be a last minute change. Jazz Fest hasn’t announced their lineups yet. I am hoping as well, but extremely doubtful given the logistics of playing the west coast the week before. Lot of miles for a single show. 
    They hauled everything from LA to Austin and back in 2009. They’ll do anything if the $$$ is there.