Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Okay, with the news BOB isn't producing the new album...what if it's Jack White?  Now that would be mind blowing.
  • Options
    rbandhbrbandhb Kansas City Posts: 102
    Okay, with the news BOB isn't producing the new album...what if it's Jack White?  Now that would be mind blowing.
    Let this be true- would love that. 
    Bonner Springs 2000
    Bonner Springs 2003
    Council Bluffs 2003
    Kansas City 2010
    Atlanta Music Midtown 2012
    Wrigley Field 2013
    Seattle 2013
    St Louis 2014
    Tulsa 2014
    Lincoln 2014
    MSG 1 2016
    MSG 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    Seattle 2 2018
    Missoula 2018
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    on2legs said:
    Did we ever established what Dimi meant when he said that it "will blow your mind whats coming" in reference to the 2020 tour?
    Trying to figure out if this was in reference to there actually being a tour or if there is something different about about the tour that will blow our minds.
    Was talking about year 2020 not only 2020 Tour
    But when comment was made, there is was 3 continents on play for this year and different date of album release and about how many songs they recorded. 
    It's blowing my mind. I am so fucking excited. So grateful this band is still around and still giving us amazing music and shows. I've been to 99 shows and Seattle 2 and Wrigley 1 in 2018 were up there with the best of them. Can't wait to get this ride going again! 
    Also, I'm not sure how anyone can say this is normal or expected when it's been 6 years since an album and we've had zero shows in 2 of the last 3 years. Enjoy this ride. You never know when they will be done.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    on2legs said:
    Did we ever established what Dimi meant when he said that it "will blow your mind whats coming" in reference to the 2020 tour?
    Trying to figure out if this was in reference to there actually being a tour or if there is something different about about the tour that will blow our minds.
    But when comment was made, there is was 3 continents on play for this year and different date of album release and about how many songs they recorded. 
    It's blowing my mind. I am so fucking excited. So grateful this band is still around and still giving us amazing music and shows. I've been to 99 shows and Seattle 2 and Wrigley 1 in 2018 were up there with the best of them. Can't wait to get this ride going again! 
    Also, I'm not sure how anyone can say this is normal or expected when it's been 6 years since an album and we've had zero shows in 2 of the last 3 years. Enjoy this ride. You never know when they will be done.

Pffft, I knew it all along. Never had a doubt. 😶
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,010
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Cool... thank you for checking.  Makes sense. 
    I’m guessing the original plan was 

-album release in late 2019
    - Australia Jan- Feb 2020
    - summer in Europe 
    - fall N.A 

only guessing based on past history 
    Yeah I think this is spot on. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Is the Sirius show in NYC? Philly? Somewhere else?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,512
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    With the BOB news I am starting to think its album related. 
    I believe your correct.  When Dimi first made that comment he wasn’t aware of a spring tour. 
    Yes... but he knew about the rest of tour.  Just trying to figure out what is going to blow our minds. 

The rest of what tour? Europe?

Europe and Fall US
    Did you change your profile pic to WaWa?
    It’s just a tease for my new avatar.  You have to find a wawa and hold your phone up to it to see my actual avatar. 
    damn I need gas, heading there now!!
    NJ should change the state bird to the Wawa goose. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    If BOB didn’t produce this album does that mean Can’t Deny Me isn’t on it?    He produced CDM 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    on2legs said:

Bingo! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    D-Rod said:
    If BOB didn’t produce this album does that mean Can’t Deny Me isn’t on it?    He produced CDM 
    You never know...maybe they scrapped it?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 845
    mfc2006 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Let’s hope so ;)
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,501
    Only ? Is AZ the 10th or 11th
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,610
    Or the 9th.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,009
    I am not big on early hype on songs I have yet to hear but that reddit post has me intrigued at least. Remember Sirens being the new Black?

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    mfc2006 said:
    D-Rod said:
    This is what I've been thinking for awhile. The album was "forthcoming" when they released Can't Deny Me. Then, for whatever reason, they scrapped it. It would explain the long delay.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,004
    rbandhb said: 
    Let this be true- would love that. 
    It sure would, but I feel like if that were true we would know about it already. Plus JW spent a huge chunk of last year touring with the Raconteurs. 

I would settle for having the vinyl run of the new album pressed at TMR. 
  • Options
    Are u fuckers excited or what??? 
    I’ve had an erection since yesterday!!!! Lol
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    on2legs said:
    How many songs were recorded?!?
    Not a chance answer that before album gets out 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    Was a bad joke.  All the Little Caesar’s around me are strictly pick-up only.   No tables and chairs.  Pizza pizza.

Just like Papa John's.

...insert joke about how the pizza is so bad they don't want you to eat it there.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 614
    on2legs said:
    How many songs were recorded?!?
    Not a chance answer that before album gets out 
    Does this mean it’s still something to be excited about?
  • Options
    JH81185JH81185 Posts: 17
    The billboard/artwork from yesterday is a photograph from PAUL NICKLEN. His website is worth checking out. Some incredible photos.
    10/28/00 - San Bernardino - PJ
    10/28/03 - SB BOWL - PJ
    7/13/06 - SB BOWL - PJ
    4/10/08 - SB ARLINGTON - EV
    7/9/11 - SB BOWL - EV
    10/31/12 - LAS VEGAS - EV
    11/1/12 - LAS VEGAS - EV
    11/24/13 - LA SPORTS ARENA - PJ
    8/18/18 - WRIGLEY - PJ
    8/20/18 - WRIGLEY - PJ

• Options
    MS52945MS52945 Posts: 43
    I am guessing the Greek doesn’t know since a lot of people have asked and he hasn’t confirmed, yet he confirme Oakland for the 18th and 19th...
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    I don’t but that song is in the bottom 10% of their catalog IMO

PJNB said:
    I am not big on early hype on songs I have yet to hear but that reddit post has me intrigued at least. Remember Sirens being the new Black?

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,217
    JimmyV said:
    mfc2006 said:
    D-Rod said:
    This is what I've been thinking for awhile. The album was "forthcoming" when they released Can't Deny Me. Then, for whatever reason, they scrapped it. It would explain the long delay.
    The long delay could also be BO’B related. If that is indeed the case I couldn’t imagine Can’t Deny Me being a part of Gigaton...that still sounds so weird.
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    edited January 2020
    Looks like they got several sessions (one resulted with Cant Deny Me, most likely with BOB) then they went to the studio once again to record some more. New producer? I would guess that CDM might have been crossed out as the verse of it being an single from the forthcoming album has been gone.
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,009
    Kusy said:
    Looks like they got several sessions (one resulted with Cant Deny Me, most likely with BOB) then they went to the studio once again to record some more. New producer? I would guess that CDM might have been crossed out as the verse of it being an single from the forthcoming album has been gone.
    https://pearljam.com/music/album/cant-deny-me

That used to have forthcoming album on it?
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,501
    MS52945 said:
    I am guessing the Greek doesn’t know since a lot of people have asked and he hasn’t confirmed, yet he confirme Oakland for the 18th and 19th...
    I know that...I wasn't asking....I'm saying that's my only question
  • Options
    MS52945MS52945 Posts: 43
    MS52945 said:
    I know that...I wasn't asking....I'm saying that's my only question
    👍🏻
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    MS52945 said:
    that oak  slipped rom hands and typed it.. thats why..lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 232
    on2legs said:
    If there is a spring tour, and a fall tour of stadiums AND arenas, it'll be the most shows they've played since 2006.

That's pretty big.