Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,219
    Poutine and a couple milk stouts is like getting to hear Strangest Tribe live.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    Jimminez said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jimminez said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any good pizza or local craft beer to be found in Quebec City? I ll have no car and staying in old town. 
    And coming from NJ, not sure you're going to like the style of pizza that QC has.  I say this having lived in NJ.
    Well then I will be trying poutine paired with a nice local beer.
    We can do a poutine/beer crawl.  
    I love it!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Speaking of food, the best tacos in NY-metro area are Los Tacos No. 1. So freaking good. 3 locations in Manhattan. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    Holy shit. Step away for a couple hours and come back to 150 posts, most of which were about throw up pizza and beer. 😂 Happy Thursday everyone! Is it the 13th yet? 
  • Options
    bump
    Bump?  What, this thread not have enough activity for your liking Dimi?
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,513
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wait till everyone starts asking...."what's the best craft beer in San Diego?" #CraftBeerCapital
    Love me some ballast point sculpin.
    you like the one that's most popular...need to try the smaller breweries! Now they are owned by brewery in Chicago area...
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options

I gotta go with Stone and Pizza Port, got a soft spot for Coronado as well. But this is from an out-of-towner, so I'm sure there are some known only to locals .... 
    Yep..but Coronado is good....esp their "Taco Tuesday" special....beer and a pizza (excellent pizza) for $11
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wait till everyone starts asking...."what's the best craft beer in San Diego?" #CraftBeerCapital
    you like the one that's most popular...need to try the smaller breweries! ike this one for example....
    Wait do people still drink Ballast Point?
    Small, local breweries are always the way to go.
    Like this one...

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    you like the one that's most popular...need to try the smaller breweries! 
    Smaller breweries unfortunately don't make it to the east coast.  
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jimminez said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jimminez said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any good pizza or local craft beer to be found in Quebec City? I ll have no car and staying in old town. 
    And coming from NJ, not sure you're going to like the style of pizza that QC has.  I say this having lived in NJ.
    Well then I will be trying poutine paired with a nice local beer.
    We can do a poutine/beer crawl.  
    I love it!
    I’m in 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    trentk said:
    Hey everyone. I am fortunate enough to know a couple people who work for both PJ and Ten Club.

whats the difference, how does one work for ten club, but not pearl jam? isnt it all the same umbrella?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    bbiggs said:
    Holy shit. Step away for a couple hours and come back to 150 posts, most of which were about throw up pizza and beer. 😂 Happy Thursday everyone! Is it the 13th yet? 
    It's not our fault you can't break away from Old Milwaukee and Papa John's.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    True...that's why anyone coming out here in April should spend an extra day on a brewery tour/crawl
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    What if they blew all our minds and announced it with the Fan Club letter of the month?!?!?!?!?!
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Last time I checked you enjoy pizza and beer just like the rest of us.  ;)
    True story! I’m ready to get this show started. New music...new tour...life is good! 
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    mcgruff10 said:
    you like the one that's most popular...need to try the smaller breweries! ike this one for example....
    Like this one...

If one craves great beer in San Diego, then Mikkeller SD has to be on the list of things to try. Dump that Ballast Point in the bin.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    PJNB said:
    I am so glad we are talking food right now and not the tour cancelation. 

NY Pizza Suprema is 3 minutes away from my hotel. Thanks!
    It was there before MSG.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This doesn't make any sense. New England down to NY is filled with small microbrews that are really good. Grimm, Other Half, Torst, Threes, Sixpoint all in NYC. Then you have Nightshift and Trillium in Boston to just name a few. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like this one...

If one craves great beer in San Diego, then Mikkeller SD has to be on the list of things to try. Dump that Ballast Point in the bin.
    Mikkeller Little Italy is cool place
  • Options
    estarr31 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This doesn't make any sense. New England down to NY is filled with small microbrews that are really good. Grimm, Other Half, Torst, Threes, Sixpoint all in NYC. Then you have Nightshift and Trillium in Boston to just name a few. 
    It s tough to find mass beer even in nj.  The distribution is pretty local unless it is a bigger brewery. Cali small size craft breweries, forget about it 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Try out this slop. I heard its pretty good. 

Not sure what style you like for pizza but check this list out. Something in there for everyone. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g155033-c31-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

We stopped at a Swiss Chalet in Canada and the gravy they served with the fries was pretty average.  I love the idea of cheese on fries but I don't care for gravy

Swiss Chalet blows. You need to get a Poutine from a good restaurant.
  • Options
    Scot ConantScot Conant Michigan Posts: 74
    We are going to make 250 pages in this thread before the announcement...
    Then what?
    10/16/14 - Detroit * 04/29/16 - TENadelphia * 10/20/16 - Chicago * 10/22/16 - Chicago * 10/18/18 - Chicago * 10/20/18 - Chicago * 09/16/22 - Nashville * 09/17/22 - Louisville * 09/07/23 - Chicago * 09/10/23 - Noblesville (Postponed)
  • Options
    estarr31 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think McGruff meant SAN DIEGO smaller breweries...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997
    Then what?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Then what?
    I told you, Ed texted me last night and said spring tour info will not be released until this thread gets one million views. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    estarr31 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It s tough to find mass beer even in nj.  The distribution is pretty local unless it is a bigger brewery. Cali small size craft breweries, forget about it 
    Gotcha. Misread your comment. 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    PJNB said:
    setlist41 said:
    Zac brown band announced their summer dates this morning,  they have Wrigley field on 9/12.....
    Really not looking good for Pearl Jam there this year is it. What else is left?
    Lollapalooza. Riot fest is way too small for them but I love that festival, would be amazing for them to play there. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,887
    PJNB said: 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Try out this slop. I heard its pretty good. 

Not sure what style you like for pizza but check this list out. Something in there for everyone. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g155033-c31-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

Da heck is that?! I asked about pizza, not throw up.  
    lol I thought the same thing that doesn’t look like any pizza I’m used too! 
    Damn Canadians don't know the difference between throw up and pizza.  
    lmao but they do know good beer we have to give them that no ..

Happy? lol

Mother of God there's a poutine pizza?  :o

Any of you guys tried Pictou County pizza? Sam's Greek Pizza sauce is amazing!! 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    estarr31 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think McGruff meant SAN DIEGO smaller breweries...
    There are a ton of amazing spots in SD. Modern Times, Bay City, Amplified Aleworks to name a few.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com