Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,045
    Holy shit so now it’s cancelled? Damn! Really wanted a t shirt.  Will they still do merch stands where the shows were going to be? They must have made all the merch already
    Come up to Canada. They sell the shirts for the same price but in Canadian dollars. Thats practically free for you guys. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn I didn’t even see the link because I was mesmerized by the fry, gravy, cheese thing you posted. 

Just saw the link, definitely some good spots there.  In your opinion is quebec city more french or canadian? and yes I know they speak french lol.  Montreal and sherbrooke didn't feel that french to me.
    Quebec City is probably the most French, most European-feeling city in North America. You can find people there that know no English fairly easily - that kind of thing is much rarer in Montreal.

You can find good pizza and beer there but personally, I'd go for the local flavours - poutine, tortiere, tarte au sucre.
    So should I brush up on some French since I know nothing of the language or will enough people speak English?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    I will not get my hopes up for a Boston Calling show...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mrvectormrvector NY, NY Posts: 39
    mrvector said:
    Any thoughts about Pearl Jam doing the Bourbon & Beyond Festival in the fall? I know Ed has done that festival in the past solo, just curious. Would love to see that!
    Same weekend as Ohana, so I wouldn't count on it
    Ah bummer, was hoping they were a possibility this year. Thanks for the info! 
    '98: MSG, 9/10
    '00: Jones Beach, 8/24
    '00: Camden, 9/02
    '03: Camden, 7/06
    '06: Hartford, 5/13
    '08: MSG, 6/24
    '08: MSG, 6/25
    '10: Hartford, 5/15
    '10: MSG, 5/20
    '13: Barclays, 10/18
    '16: MSG, 5/02
    '16: Fenway 2, 8/07
    '18: Wrigley 1, 8/18
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    JR86440 said:
    on2legs said:
    5 boroughs of NYC ✅
    Howard Stern ✅
    Pizza  ✅
    Micro Breweries ✅

Which rumored city has the single best tourist destination? 
    Nashville hands down. Bar after bar after bar with live music. All walking distance and more women than men
    Pffffffffffft......does tourist destination mean it has to be Bro-centric?
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    RATM has a better chance than PJ does. No way PJ is playing there. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    So should I brush up on some French since I know nothing of the language or will enough people speak English?
    Oh, like 70-80% of people will still know English, especially in restaurants and stores. They'll have thicker accents, maybe, but you'll be fine.
  • Options
    Holy shit so now it’s cancelled? Damn! Really wanted a t shirt.  Will they still do merch stands where the shows were going to be? They must have made all the merch already
    Yup. People getting in line now.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Oh, like 70-80% of people will still know English, especially in restaurants and stores. They'll have thicker accents, maybe, but you'll be fine.
    This. I am from the only bilingual province in our country and do not know a lick of french and have zero worries about communicating there. They get a bad rap for being ignorant to english people but my time there has been nothing but great. 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    nycrats said:
    dlymnfld said:
    There are rumblings (probably just wishful thinking) on inforoo forum (festival forum) that Boston Calling wasn’t announced today because Pearl Jam is announcing spring tour on 1/13. The other two headliners confirmed are Foo Fighters and RHCP. I know Dimi said no New England show for March/April run but could this be why? Again probably “wishful thinking” but RHCP is playing Napa Valley same weekend so clearly traveling isn’t an issue when it comes to festivals. 
    someone at msg said pj is at this fest when i asked about 3/30... i personally dont think theyre right, but i heard the same thing from someone that wasnt a message board.  i just dont see it.. if it was true, that would be one heck of a festival (for rock fans0
    my someone told me they tried. and were denied. Last i heard they were trying to replace with RATM. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    PJNB said:
    Come up to Canada. They sell the shirts for the same price but in Canadian dollars. Thats practically free for you guys. 
    LOL
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    nycrats said:
    dlymnfld said:
    There are rumblings (probably just wishful thinking) on inforoo forum (festival forum) that Boston Calling wasn’t announced today because Pearl Jam is announcing spring tour on 1/13. The other two headliners confirmed are Foo Fighters and RHCP. I know Dimi said no New England show for March/April run but could this be why? Again probably “wishful thinking” but RHCP is playing Napa Valley same weekend so clearly traveling isn’t an issue when it comes to festivals. 
    someone at msg said pj is at this fest when i asked about 3/30... i personally dont think theyre right, but i heard the same thing from someone that wasnt a message board.  i just dont see it.. if it was true, that would be one heck of a festival (for rock fans0
    my someone told me they tried. and were denied. Last i heard they were trying to replace with RATM. 
    that would make more sense, and still be an awesome lineup... i dont know why this person keeps telling me pj is there, maybe they just think i am going to ask them for msg tix and are trying to heisman me
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Yup. People getting in line now.
    Sweet! I like to try them on before I buy to get a feel for the build, material, fit, etc.  sometimes the stitching is doubled, other times singled.  Hoping for a unitard or at the very least some spandex material this go round. I have 722 t-shirts currently, all from Wrigley last year
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    Sweet! I like to try them on before I buy to get a feel for the build, material, fit, etc.  sometimes the stitching is doubled, other times singled.  Hoping for a unitard or at the very least some spandex material this go round. I have 722 t-shirts currently, all from Wrigley last year
    Have you ever worn a shirt as pants? That's the best. The head hole is very freeing.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,090
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn I didn’t even see the link because I was mesmerized by the fry, gravy, cheese thing you posted. 

Just saw the link, definitely some good spots there.  In your opinion is quebec city more french or canadian? and yes I know they speak french lol.  Montreal and sherbrooke didn't feel that french to me.
    Quebec City is probably the most French, most European-feeling city in North America. You can find people there that know no English fairly easily - that kind of thing is much rarer in Montreal.

You can find good pizza and beer there but personally, I'd go for the local flavours - poutine, tortiere, tarte au sucre.
    yes. I haven't been. only montreal. but I have HEARD (AKA: unsubstantiated) that if you don't speak french, the locals can be VERY snobby about it. not sure about touristy areas. in the same way when you try to speak canadian french to someone from France. 

Nose: UP
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    JR86440 said:
    on2legs said:
    5 boroughs of NYC ✅
    Howard Stern ✅
    Pizza  ✅
    Micro Breweries ✅

Which rumored city has the single best tourist destination? 
    Nashville hands down. Bar after bar after bar with live music. All walking distance and more women than men
    Pffffffffffft......does tourist destination mean it has to be Bro-centric?
    Not at all. But it sure helps! Bring on the downtown scene! Better than an arch over a dirty river. :smirk:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Rage is the odds on favorite from reading the forum but they are also the same genre as the other 90’s bands. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    dlymnfld said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Rage is the odds on favorite from reading the forum but they are also the same genre as the other 90’s bands. 
    Fuck another "rumoured" weekend I have to gamble and try to get off work.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

yes. I haven't been. only montreal. but I have HEARD (AKA: unsubstantiated) that if you don't speak french, the locals can be VERY snobby about it. not sure about touristy areas. in the same way when you try to speak canadian french to someone from France. 

Is it cool if I speak Spanish?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I did not have this experience. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I had high school French a million years ago. Went to QC last tour and would walk in and say Bonjour....few words in French...they'd hand me the French menu and I'd say Oh...sorry, I need English...but I think everyone appreciates a few words effort if you try some French
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,090
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I did not have this experience. 
    I'm sure many people from all walks of life have different experiences. awesome to hear you didn't experience what I've been told. I'm sure it's different depending on the area visited and many other factors. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I had high school French a million years ago. Went to QC last tour and would walk in and say Bonjour....few words in French...they'd hand me the French menu and I'd say Oh...sorry, I need English...but I think everyone appreciates a few words effort if you try some French
    Good to know.  I'll be sure to brush up on a few phrases before I go.
  • Options
    nautical_disasternautical_disaster Posts: 268
    edited January 2020

Although the poutine is fantastic and I can confirm the existence of various delicious craft beers in Québec City, I wouldn't be shy to try other delicious foods there...Chez Boulay, Clocher Pencher, ect... all kinds of good stuff there. 

Edit: Amazing pizza: "Nina Pizza"

Post edited by nautical_disaster on

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options

Although the poutine is fantastic and I can confirm the existence of various delicious craft beers in Québec City, I wouldn't be shy to try other delicious foods there...Chez Boulay, Clocher Pencher, ect... all kinds of good stuff there. 

Edit: Amazing pizza: "Nina Pizza"

Great advice! Can't wait until we can get some city specific threads up and hear all the great ideas. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Good to know.  I'll be sure to brush up on a few phrases before I go.
    SInce I flew in and had the time one thing I recommend if you like is a walking tour of QC....It's a fascinating old city, it's not that big. I found a walking tour on Trip Advisor and booked it, learned a lot. I took train to next show and the VIA rail station is walking distance from Old City
  • Options
    VG194499VG194499 Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any good pizza or local craft beer to be found in Quebec City? I ll have no car and staying in old town. 

Try out this slop. I heard its pretty good. 

Not sure what style you like for pizza but check this list out. Something in there for everyone. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g155033-c31-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

We stopped at a Swiss Chalet in Canada and the gravy they served with the fries was pretty average.  I love the idea of cheese on fries but I don't care for gravy.

Swiss Chalet? You had something at Swiss Chalet and now are proclaiming not to like it.
    Swiss Chalet is not good.

I listened to this album by Nickleback and now I hate all rock music.
    Post edited by VG194499 on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    Put the phone down for 2 hours.

Two.

Pick it back up... 120 unread!!

Yippee word is out!

Nope, just six pages of unitards and french language :bawling:
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,665
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i went to quebec city last tour. i live in canada and speak very very little french. it is no problem there as it is a very big tourist town, so most will speak english to you without being offended . in montreal it is different.