2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    This is the best thread on the internet. I am sure of it. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    estarr31 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wait till everyone starts asking...."what's the best craft beer in San Diego?" #CraftBeerCapital
    Love me some ballast point sculpin.
    you like the one that's most popular...need to try the smaller breweries! 
    Smaller breweries unfortunately don't make it to the east coast.  
    This doesn't make any sense. New England down to NY is filled with small microbrews that are really good. Grimm, Other Half, Torst, Threes, Sixpoint all in NYC. Then you have Nightshift and Trillium in Boston to just name a few. 
    Treehouse near boston.  Vermont has HIlls Farmstead, Frost, Lawson's, Foam, Alchemist...so many good breweries in the NE area.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • estarr31 said:
    Wait till everyone starts asking...."what's the best craft beer in San Diego?" #CraftBeerCapital
    I have found better beers in NYC than in San Diego, but that's just me. And I love the Cali beers but I also prefer the hazy NE style IPAs to the west coast styles. 
    I was (and still enjoy) all about the west cost IPA's...but the NE IPA's are where it's at for me now. Shit's GOODOOD!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    edited January 2020
    mfc2006 said:
    estarr31 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This doesn't make any sense. New England down to NY is filled with small microbrews that are really good. Grimm, Other Half, Torst, Threes, Sixpoint all in NYC. Then you have Nightshift and Trillium in Boston to just name a few. 
    I think McGruff meant SAN DIEGO smaller breweries...
    There are a ton of amazing spots in SD. Modern Times, Bay City, Amplified Aleworks to name a few.
    Mfc2006....you didn't read it all....go back 4 comments. And yes,  I live here....over 150 breweries. 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,926
    5 boroughs of NYC ✅
    Howard Stern ✅
    Pizza  ✅
    Micro Breweries ✅

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    Then it's settled. We're all going to drink beer until an announcement.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
    edited January 2020
    estarr31 said:
    Then it's settled. We're all going to drink beer until an announcement.
    SOUNDS GOOD!! I don't have a job right now so I have nothing else to do....Meet Up at Belching Beaver in OB, or Kilowatt if you want 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • dlymnflddlymnfld Posts: 918
    edited January 2020
    There are rumblings (probably just wishful thinking) on inforoo forum (festival forum) that Boston Calling wasn’t announced today because Pearl Jam is announcing spring tour on 1/13. The other two headliners confirmed are Foo Fighters and RHCP. I know Dimi said no New England show for March/April run but could this be why? Again probably “wishful thinking” but RHCP is playing Napa Valley same weekend so clearly traveling isn’t an issue when it comes to festivals. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mfc2006 said:
    estarr31 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think McGruff meant SAN DIEGO smaller breweries...
    There are a ton of amazing spots in SD. Modern Times, Bay City, Amplified Aleworks to name a few.
    Mfc2006....you didn't read it all....go back 4 comments. And yes,  I live here....over 150 breweries. 
    My bad.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Don't forget Maine breweries (although, outside of Allasgash, I know they don't get of the Maine, NH, Mass region very often). And the most well known one, Bissell Bros, isn't even the best, IMO.  Craft beer is a beast! I wish I was wealthy enough to just retire and tour the country sampling them all!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Hotels booked for Nashville & St Louis.  Bring on the announcement and lottery!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    dlymnfld said:
    There are rumblings (probably just wishful thinking) on inforoo forum (festival forum) that Boston Calling wasn’t announced today because Pearl Jam is announcing spring tour on 1/13. The other two headliners confirmed are Foo Fighters and RHCP. I know Dimi said no New England show for March/April run but could this be why? Again probably “wishful thinking” but RHCP is playing Napa Valley same weekend so clearly traveling isn’t an issue when it comes to festivals. 
    I had heard that they turned down Boston Calling. I also don't think they are playing shows in May. Wish they were though. That's a hell of a starting line up. 

Maybe Rage Against the Machine for the third headliner? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    dlymnfld said:
    Given RHCP and Foo, I do think the third headliner will be from a different genre.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • This thread is literally a "Part Deux: A New Madness Begins" of the 2020 Tour Rumor Thread. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    JimmyV said:
    dlymnfld said:
    Given RHCP and Foo, I do think the third headliner will be from a different genre.
    and era
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    Pizza & beers cures everything even tour blues lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • If the proposed dates are accurate it looks like Phoenix is in the cards for me which is kind of lame.  I’ve been to Phoenix a few times already and have seen enough.  Maybe I will take a few vacation days and try to see Denver and/or San Diego. 
  • JimmyV said:
    dlymnfld said:
    Someone on the forum said the third headliner was similar to RHCP and Foo, so we can only hope I guess. 
    If the proposed dates are accurate it looks like Phoenix is in the cards for me which is kind of lame.  I’ve been to Phoenix a few times already and have seen enough.  Maybe I will take a few vacation days and try to see Denver and/or San Diego. 
    Short easy drive to San Diego!!!
  • on2legs said:
    5 boroughs of NYC ✅
    Howard Stern ✅
    Pizza  ✅
    Micro Breweries ✅

Which rumored city has the single best tourist destination? 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,083
    What if the announcement is not in the newsletter, but in a "Psst..." post? That will keep the "no tour announcements in Newsletters" streak going, while also creating another frenzy on the forum when the site crashes.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    on2legs said:
    5 boroughs of NYC ✅
    Howard Stern ✅
    Pizza  ✅
    Micro Breweries ✅

Which rumored city has the single best tourist destination? 
    Nashville hands down. Bar after bar after bar with live music. All walking distance and more women than men
  • Any thoughts about Pearl Jam doing the Bourbon & Beyond Festival in the fall? I know Ed has done that festival in the past solo, just curious. Would love to see that!
    '98: MSG, 9/10
    '00: Jones Beach, 8/24
    '00: Camden, 9/02
    '03: Camden, 7/06
    '06: Hartford, 5/13
    '08: MSG, 6/24
    '08: MSG, 6/25
    '10: Hartford, 5/15
    '10: MSG, 5/20
    '13: Barclays, 10/18
    '16: MSG, 5/02
    '16: Fenway 2, 8/07
    '18: Wrigley 1, 8/18
  • estarr31 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Treehouse near boston.  Vermont has HIlls Farmstead, Frost, Lawson's, Foam, Alchemist...so many good breweries in the NE area.
    How are you not gonna shout-out ALL the good stuff we’ve got here in Cincy! ;)@cincybearcat
    "Said he'll see me on the flip side"

Toledo 96 ◘ Columbus 00 ◘ Pittsburgh 00 ◘ Cleveland 03 ◘ Pittsburgh 03 ◘ Alpine Valley 03 ◘ Noblesville 03 ◘ Columbus 03 ◘ Toledo 04 VFC ◘ London, ON 05 ◘ Cleveland 06 ◘ Philly I & II 06 ◘ Cincinnati 06 ◘ VIC 07 ◘ MSG II 08 ◘ EV Memphis 09 ◘ Columbus 10 ◘ Cleveland 10 ◘ EV Boston 11 ◘ PJ20 ◘ Wrigley Field 13 ◘ Buffalo 13 ◘ Detroit 14 ◘ Louisville BNB 22 ◘ Noblesville 23 (24)?

• mrvector said:
    Any thoughts about Pearl Jam doing the Bourbon & Beyond Festival in the fall? I know Ed has done that festival in the past solo, just curious. Would love to see that!
    Same weekend as Ohana, so I wouldn't count on it
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    JimmyV said:
    dlymnfld said:
    Someone on the forum said the third headliner was similar to RHCP and Foo, so we can only hope I guess. 
    While PJ would be amazing, friend in the music industry has said there’s a very good chance it’s going to be RATM
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Damn I didn’t even see the link because I was mesmerized by the fry, gravy, cheese thing you posted. 

Just saw the link, definitely some good spots there.  In your opinion is quebec city more french or canadian? and yes I know they speak french lol.  Montreal and sherbrooke didn't feel that french to me.
    Quebec City is probably the most French, most European-feeling city in North America. You can find people there that know no English fairly easily - that kind of thing is much rarer in Montreal.

You can find good pizza and beer there but personally, I'd go for the local flavours - poutine, tortiere, tarte au sucre.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    edited January 2020
    Mookie25 said:
    estarr31 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    How are you not gonna shout-out ALL the good stuff we’ve got here in Cincy! ;)@cincybearcat
    I’ve been all over. Lots of good stuff all over ;).

In cincy I dig streetside, Madtree, nine giant, Braxton (cincy South).... I’m sure I’m missing something.....

Edit: urban artifact, Listermann...
    hippiemom = goodness
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    dlymnfld said:
    someone at msg said pj is at this fest when i asked about 3/30... i personally dont think theyre right, but i heard the same thing from someone that wasnt a message board.  i just dont see it.. if it was true, that would be one heck of a festival (for rock fans0
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • Holy shit so now it’s cancelled? Damn! Really wanted a t shirt.  Will they still do merch stands where the shows were going to be? They must have made all the merch already
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.