2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Funny how everyone is so sure...then one post about "maybe it's not happening" and chaos and fear ensue
    Where is the chaos and fear?
    On FB
    FB is way behind on this stuff and pointless to even try and convince them. Way too many people there and mostly out of the loop. I will say though that this hype has had a lot of people over there signing up for 10 club memberships hurting our odds over here getting tickets. Fans are fans but the prehype of the tour announcement does have a downfall too in selfish terms. 
    True
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Funny how everyone is so sure...then one post about "maybe it's not happening" and chaos and fear ensue
    On FB
    FB is way behind on this stuff and pointless to even try and convince them. Way too many people there and mostly out of the loop. I will say though that this hype has had a lot of people over there signing up for 10 club memberships hurting our odds over here getting tickets. Fans are fans but the prehype of the tour announcement does have a downfall too in selfish terms. 
    That is true...and I selfishly will NOT help anyone on FB figure out how and when to join.
  • So based on the comments from PJ Radio this morning, i think it's safe to say THERE WILL BE NO SPRING TOUR. Whoever came up with this list of cities and dates is completely incorrect and has lost all credibility in this Forum. North American Fall Tour prior to the US elections  looks likely now. Sorry to be negative, I just hate when some users on here think they are "insiders".

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    On FB

Not only has d been spot on the last few years, including the Europe guess list being perfect before the public announcement, when d says " I haven't heard anything about this year" we usually start a new topic fir a new year.

He has been not only getting the tours right, but the years off as well. He was also the first to say recording for new release has officially wrapped.

So we can "pretend" someone is guessing here, or figure out d is really Stone.
  • Even if a spring tour doesn’t come to fruition, there’s zero reason to be so up in arms. I seriously doubt Dimitri was sitting on his fucking couch fabricating a list of shows and hints just to fuck with us. As it’s been said before, he’s had highly accurate information on past tours. No reason to believe any different now. If the tour happens, then hopefully he helped some of us get some pre-planning with hotels/etc figured out. If it falls through, then so be it, we cancel the shit. Calm ‘er down. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • :sleeping:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    So based on the comments from PJ Radio this morning, i think it's safe to say THERE WILL BE NO SPRING TOUR. Whoever came up with this list of cities and dates is completely incorrect and has lost all credibility in this Forum. North American Fall Tour prior to the US elections  looks likely now. Sorry to be negative, I just hate when some users on here think they are "insiders".
    Please don’t put in for the spring lottery then:) I want better odds for myself. 
  • verceman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    So based on the comments from PJ Radio this morning, i think it's safe to say THERE WILL BE NO SPRING TOUR. Whoever came up with this list of cities and dates is completely incorrect and has lost all credibility in this Forum. North American Fall Tour prior to the US elections  looks likely now. Sorry to be negative, I just hate when some users on here think they are "insiders".
    What were the comments?
    If the poster is talking about SiriusXM there aren’t any. There is no DJ on there unless Rob is introducing a concert or he hosts the Faithful
    Forum which is an uncommon occurrence. 
    Between live and studio versions of songs there is basically clips of the band members from interviews and them introducing bands they like or influenced them. 
    I listened to it for a half hour this morning on the way to work... (8:00-8:30 EST).
      I heard the Rob announce the 2020 Euro Tour on PJ Radio on the way to work and fully expect this to happen Monday morning for the spring NA tour 
    Reading through the threads I think it was a DJ on Lithium, not PJ Radio. So, nothing to worry about.
    Oh. So the Spring Tour is a no go because of something Grant Random said.  🙄 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,085
    It is all still lining up for the rumored date of 1/13, and the newsletter coming tomorrow. Keep the faith everybody.
  • hihobibo said:
    It is all still lining up for the rumored date of 1/13, and the newsletter coming tomorrow. Keep the faith everybody.
    Five more days of waiting...
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    mcgruff10 said:
    What were the comments?
    If the poster is talking about SiriusXM there aren’t any. There is no DJ on there unless Rob is introducing a concert or he hosts the Faithful
    Forum which is an uncommon occurrence. 
    Between live and studio versions of songs there is basically clips of the band members from interviews and them introducing bands they like or influenced them. 
    I listened to it for a half hour this morning on the way to work... (8:00-8:30 EST).
      I heard the Rob announce the 2020 Euro Tour on PJ Radio on the way to work and fully expect this to happen Monday morning for the spring NA tour 
    I think he was talking about Grant Random on Lithium, channel #34. I heard him mentioned a new album and North American tour, followed by it being just a rumour at its point, nothing confirmed.
  • JM144705 said:
    What if Dimi's account was hacked this whole time and it was a troll messmes with us the whole time!  :o:|B)
    who is that Dimi?..my name is ..Steve ....

and i have all the dates..in this envelope 

So can you just say yes/no on the spring dates , I’m planning on one show only! And it’s not my home town..
     i have no info than one had a month ago..no info if something changed or cancel.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    The date we've always heard for an announcement is around the 13th of Jan, no reason to think otherwise right now. 

Gotta think we get the 'stay tuned' tomorrow in the newsletter and then it's go time on Monday.
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158
    edited January 2020
    setlist41 said:
    PJNB said:
    setlist41 said:
    Zac brown band announced their summer dates this morning,  they have Wrigley field on 9/12.....
    Really not looking good for Pearl Jam there this year is it. What else is left?
    I think there's a weekend in early August.  Hmmmm
    No way, because the second edition of the Peak To Sky Festival will take place in Montana, August 7-8, 2020
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Any good pizza or local craft beer to be found in Quebec City? I ll have no car and staying in old town. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Other than that one radio DJ who was so confident a few months ago, we haven't heard any chatter about Wrigley this year. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

• It's coming people Relaxxxx lol 🤘
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    JM144705 said:
    What if Dimi's account was hacked this whole time and it was a troll messmes with us the whole time!  :o:|B)

So can you just say yes/no on the spring dates , I’m planning on one show only! And it’s not my home town..
     i have no info than one had a month ago..no info if something changed or cancel.
    Thanks Dimmi I’ll still keep my reservation because wether they do a spring fling or not I’ll just enjoy a weekend with the wife in downtown Baltimore eating soft shell crab & crab cakes with fried eggs & bloody Mary’s for breakfast! Enjoy your shows in Europe..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • trentktrentk Posts: 62
    Hey everyone. I am fortunate enough to know a couple people who work for both PJ and Ten Club. The tour is 99.9% happening and most of the dates that have been listed are correct. (No, I am not going to name names. But it’s on.)

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any good pizza or local craft beer to be found in Quebec City? I ll have no car and staying in old town. 

Try out this slop. I heard its pretty good. 

Not sure what style you like for pizza but check this list out. Something in there for everyone. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g155033-c31-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    JM144705 said:

Thanks Dimmi I’ll still keep my reservation because wether they do a spring fling or not I’ll just enjoy a weekend with the wife in downtown Baltimore eating soft shell crab & crab cakes with fried eggs & bloody Mary’s for breakfast! Enjoy your shows in Europe..
    Hope to see you there and finally meet the Mrs.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    Nothing since a month ago...

:fearful:
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    trentk said:
    Hey everyone. I am fortunate enough to know a couple people who work for both PJ and Ten Club. The tour is 99.9% happening and most of the dates that have been listed are correct. (No, I am not going to name names. But it’s on.)

This post FTW

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    trentk said:

• foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i still think he's right. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    trentk said:

Prepare to be bombarded about the status of the holiday singles.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    Nothing since a month ago...

:fearful:
    That is a good thing. If something was up with the dates thats when he would have gotten an update. Why would he need an update on something that has not changed? 

Look at Europe and Krakow/Amsterdam for example. 
  • trentktrentk Posts: 62
    100 Pacer said:
    trentk said:

Prepare to be bombarded about the status of the holiday singles.
    Ha! No idea and I didn’t ask.