2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any good pizza or local craft beer to be found in Quebec City? I ll have no car and staying in old town. 

Try out this slop. I heard its pretty good. 

Not sure what style you like for pizza but check this list out. Something in there for everyone. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g155033-c31-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

Da heck is that?! I asked about pizza, not throw up.  
    lol I thought the same thing that doesn’t look like any pizza I’m used too! 
    Damn Canadians don't know the difference between throw up and pizza.  
    I take it you did not click the link  ;)
  • JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any good pizza or local craft beer to be found in Quebec City? I ll have no car and staying in old town. 
    And coming from NJ, not sure you're going to like the style of pizza that QC has.  I say this having lived in NJ.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Not sure what style you like for pizza but check this list out. Something in there for everyone. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g155033-c31-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

I take it you did not click the link  ;)
    Damn I didn’t even see the link because I was mesmerized by the fry, gravy, cheese thing you posted. 

Just saw the link, definitely some good spots there.  In your opinion is quebec city more french or canadian? and yes I know they speak french lol.  Montreal and sherbrooke didn't feel that french to me.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 491
    Best pizza is right outside MSG on the corner of 31st and 8th.

NY Pizza Suprema

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,926
    100 Pacer said:
    on2legs said:
    My wife just informed me she wants to make Quebec City a family trip.  So now I have to grab a couple more passport cards and will need to grab a couple public sale tickets.  The things we do!!!!  =)=)
    We did this in 2011 for Toronto and also stayed overnight at Niagara Falls to do all the tourist stuff.  I’d love to make a trip to Quebec but I’m nervous that an early spring snowstorm might make driving very tough.  Anyone know the odds of a blizzard in late March? 
    The problem is that the weather is the X factor.
    Indeed.  I wonder if Al Roker is in the ten club...
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    My wife just informed me she wants to make Quebec City a family trip.  So now I have to grab a couple more passport cards and will need to grab a couple public sale tickets.  The things we do!!!!  =)=)
      Anyone know the odds of a blizzard in late March? 
    The inverse of the ticket odds.  Living in Ottawa, my plan is to take the train.  1) QC roads are crap.  More so that time of year due to the explosion of pot holes.  2) Weather is unpredictable in that corridor  3) easier to drink beverages on the train 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
    I am so glad we are talking food right now and not the tour cancelation. 

NY Pizza Suprema is 3 minutes away from my hotel. Thanks!
    Jimminez said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    And coming from NJ, not sure you're going to like the style of pizza that QC has.  I say this having lived in NJ.
    Well then I will be trying poutine paired with a nice local beer.
    Mikemzl91 said:

NY Pizza Suprema

El presidente does agree with this with an 8.2
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Its good to know that if we hit up a restaurant together I won't have to share then lol. 
    lol. I'll definitely give them a try.  It poutine a main course or an appetizer?
    An appetizer with a good burger and beer.  I get it.  It looks gross but tastes great.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    10:30am and I am ready for lunch. 

And an announcement.  =)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lmao but they do know good beer we have to give them that no ..

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    No reason to freak out or question Dimi, especially not before next week and the 1/13 date that's been thrown around for a few weeks now. 

We should all have to bid for our potential concert tix like in Jeopardy final round, without knowing the exact dates or venues. That might help with the odds and would certainly stress everyone out to 11. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Its good to know that if we hit up a restaurant together I won't have to share then lol. 
    lol. I'll definitely give them a try.  It poutine a main course or an appetizer?
    An appetizer with a good burger and beer.  I get it.  It looks gross but tastes great.  
    no you are talking my language!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Absolutely!  Got to get myself a good toque since it might be cold there in march.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Happy? lol

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    Wait till everyone starts asking...."what's the best craft beer in San Diego?" #CraftBeerCapital
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Happy? lol

Oh hell yes!  Poutine reminds of something we call "disco fries" in new jersey.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    Mikemzl91 said:

NY Pizza Suprema

Joe’s Pizza on Broadway was damn tasty when we were there over Christmas week. 5 minute walk away.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jimminez said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well then I will be trying poutine paired with a nice local beer.
    We can do a poutine/beer crawl.  
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Mikemzl91 said:

NY Pizza Suprema
    Had pizza somewhere near the venue before MSG2 in 2016 but didn't note the name. Just looked it up on Yelp and this was it! Best I've had in NY. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Wait till everyone starts asking...."what's the best craft beer in San Diego?" #CraftBeerCapital
    Love me some ballast point sculpin.
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503

I gotta go with Stone and Pizza Port, got a soft spot for Coronado as well. But this is from an out-of-towner, so I'm sure there are some known only to locals .... 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    If anything the Mods would shut down a thread with real rumors.  They haven’t done that.  I don’t see why they would feel the need to shoot down a thread for a tour that isn’t happening. 

They haven't shut down other threads with real rumors

Exactly.  The mods and management would be more protective of real information getting ahead of when they want it to get out.  They haven't done that with these tour threads.  So I'm not sure why some would think they would kill rumor threads that are completely wrong.   

Because they dont want bad information associated with the band?

I don't think they want to waste time responding to every rumor out there.  They'd be very busy. 
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    Jimminez said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

NY Pizza Suprema

Jimminez said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

NY Pizza Suprema

One bite, everyone knows the rules!! 
  • trentk said:
    Hey everyone. I am fortunate enough to know a couple people who work for both PJ and Ten Club. The tour is 99.9% happening and most of the dates that have been listed are correct. (No, I am not going to name names. But it’s on.)

I hope you're right, but seems very unlikely given the time frame. We'll see on Monday. 
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Happy? lol

Oh hell yes!  Poutine reminds of something we call "disco fries" in new jersey.
    now i'm craving some NJ Diner disco fries.
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • on2legs said:
    We did this in 2011 for Toronto and also stayed overnight at Niagara Falls to do all the tourist stuff.  I’d love to make a trip to Quebec but I’m nervous that an early spring snowstorm might make driving very tough.  Anyone know the odds of a blizzard in late March? 
    It's an absolute X-factor.  And I'm terrified of not only losing money on tickets, but also an airbnb/hotel.  But there's no way my wife will even let me attempt to have a go at it if there is bad weather in the forecast.  Just have to pray to whatever God controls the weather that we'll be good.  
    I have found better beers in NYC than in San Diego, but that's just me. And I love the Cali beers but I also prefer the hazy NE style IPAs to the west coast styles. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
    If anything the Mods would shut down a thread with real rumors.  They haven’t done that.  I don’t see why they would feel the need to shoot down a thread for a tour that isn’t happening. 

They haven't shut down other threads with real rumors

Exactly.  The mods and management would be more protective of real information getting ahead of when they want it to get out.  They haven't done that with these tour threads.  So I'm not sure why some would think they would kill rumor threads that are completely wrong.   

Because they dont want bad information associated with the band?

I don't think they want to waste time responding to every rumor out there.  They'd be very busy. 
    I think the band could care less about what's said on the forum, but that's just me. Like twitter:general public, this is a small sub-section of their fans. They'll post it when ready and everything will fall into place.