Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Does anybody even go to the NIT?
    Looks like UNC is going there this year  ;)
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    JFC now a mass shooting in Ottawa.
    Not far from my office. Thankfully, I’m out today. Father-in-law works right there too, but sounds like it’s under control now.

scary stuff...

looks like it's no longer an active situation, scary stuff

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 196
    Just heard wishlist on a Canadian radio station, the last time I heard it on the radio was a few days before the 2016 tour announcement. Likely just coincidence but one can dream

• Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    PJNB said:
    OKC and Denver are the only dates that don’t make logistical sense.  

Baltimore before NYC is very reasonable and so is traveling back down to Hamilton
    Hamilton is 513 miles from Quebec City. That drive is going to be hard to do since we start the tour only 40 miles away from Hamilton. 

I keep saying this. Bands do that weird routing in Ontario and Quebec all the time. Once they get all their gear over the border they ping pong around. Going up and down the 401. These shows are usually 2 days apart. That is plenty of time to load out in Quebec and drive to the Hammer and set up. 

Out west, 513 miles between gigs can be the norm. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,670
    RF283499 said:
    PJNB said:

Baltimore before NYC is very reasonable and so is traveling back down to Hamilton
    Hamilton is 513 miles from Quebec City. That drive is going to be hard to do since we start the tour only 40 miles away from Hamilton. 

I keep saying this. Bands do that weird routing in Ontario and Quebec all the time. Once they get all their gear over the border they ping pong around. Going up and down the 401. These shows are usually 2 days apart. That is plenty of time to load out in Quebec and drive to the Hammer and set up. 

The trucks dispatched for the tour’s production gear (lights, rig, etc.) pick up the equipment in Toronto so when possible it makes logistical sense to either start or end the tour here. Otherwise it makes sense to bounce around while already here if routing is contingent on dates further down the list.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    thoughts?

1) set up stage after hockey game to have a show the next day, or
    2) have show day before game and have tear down complete by midday of hockey game?

With 1) having to occur with stage being set up a for a show two days prior the day after a concert?
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    danalmunrodanalmunro Kitchener, Ontario Posts: 39
    RF283499 said:
    PJNB said:

2011 they did Montreal -> Toronto -> Ottawa -> Hamilton
    2016 was Quebec -> Ottawa -> Toronto
    Just for reference that yes they do bounce around in no logical order at times :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said: That's me he tossed the Mic to 🤘
    Best first set I ve ever witnessed. 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    PJNB said:

True but the arena is booked from the 18-22.  Unless Toronto was the 15th or 16th then it would have to be after the 2 northern shows no?
    It is and I get the dates. Just stating that drive is going to be a tough one. Day off between shows though has me thinking of doing a half and half. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040

That is awesome!!!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    The Cisco KidThe Cisco Kid Pennsylvania Posts: 9
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:
    While we wait for the announcement... Does anyone know if Pearl Jam is classic rock?
    they are classic pearl jam 
    So who's modern Pearl Jam? And who's indie Pearl Jam?
    Pearl jam, and Pearl jam

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

That is awesome!!!!!!!
    Thank You it was Crazy 🤘 Lucky my Wife caught the whole thing 🙏
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    RF283499 said:
    PJNB said:

https://youtu.be/zhMcnGJmMUk

We dont f*ck with the 401
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,413
    smak said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    How were the dates compiled? Any confirmation from any of the venues? 
    That's like asking "How does Sherlock Holmes solve the case?"

There’s a great way to test the process. Scan the Europe rumor thread the week before the tour announcement came out. See how close that rumor list is the the actual announced tour
    The last rumor list put together for the European tour before the official announcement was dead on. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268658/2020-tour-rumor-thread/p290
     ther latest list here posted ,is not dead on...if someone looks the map will understand why. )
    This has to either be Canada, or maybe OKC before Denver.  Or even NYC before Baltimore
    There’s a show on the 9th.
  • Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    RF283499 said:
    PJNB said:

2011 they did Montreal -> Toronto -> Ottawa -> Hamilton
    2016 was Quebec -> Ottawa -> Toronto
    Just for reference that yes they do bounce around in no logical order at times :)
    Yep, this is what I am saying. Lots of bands do that. 
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    rummy said:
    smak said:
    Ray J. T. said:

There’s a great way to test the process. Scan the Europe rumor thread the week before the tour announcement came out. See how close that rumor list is the the actual announced tour
    The last rumor list put together for the European tour before the official announcement was dead on. 

ther latest list here posted ,is not dead on...if someone looks the map will understand why. )
    This has to either be Canada, or maybe OKC before Denver.  Or even NYC before Baltimore

Denver?

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    Just when we thought we had it all figured out...
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,180
    Jimminez said:
    thoughts?

2) have show day before game and have tear down complete by midday of hockey game?

With 1) having to occur with stage being set up a for a show two days prior the day after a concert?
    Neither. They set up morning of and tear down immediately following. Arena show don’t need two days
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    edited January 2020
    Jimminez said:
    thoughts?

Normal arena shows are set up on the day of the show. Load out takes about 2-3 hours and is done right after the show ends.

Empty arena in the morning
    Gear is loaded in, stage set up.
    Soundcheck around 4 PM
    Doors at 6 PM
    Show over at 11 PM
    All Gear packed up and arena empty by 2 AM

Does not matter what happens the day before or after
    Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Just when we thought we had it all figured out...
    Ya something is off here for sure. I think we are good right up until MSG and I think California is right. At some point we need to flip to odd dates for the San Diego show. So if Nashville is the 2nd then the 4 after that need some work. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    ed243421 said:
    rummy said:
    smak said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Denver?

Midwest- 3 shows in 4 nights

East coast- 2 shows in 8 days plus 1 promotional appearance. 
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Good to know.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    mrk2 said:
    Jimminez said:
    thoughts?

Normal arena shows are set up on the day of the show. Load out takes about 2-3 hours and is done right after the show ends.

Empty arena in the morning
    Gear is loaded in, stage set up.
    Soundcheck around 4 PM
    Doors at 6 PM
    Show over at 11 PM
    All Gear packed up and arena empty by 2 AM

Does not matter what happens the day before or after
    That's why The Forum in LA works as The Eagles will be fine on the 17th at the venue
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    Denver could still be 4/6... OKC 4/9 and PHX remains 4/11
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    ed243421 said:
    rummy said:
    smak said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Denver?

Midwest- 3 shows in 4 nights

East coast- 2 shows in 8 days plus 1 promotional appearance. 
    In the spring. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    edited January 2020
    Possible St Louis dates are 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 (assuming Nashville is correct on 4-2)
    Possible OKC dates are 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8, 4-9
    Possible Denver dates are 4-6, 4-8, 4-9, 4-10
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    pjpitt89 said:
    New music will absolutely be announced this Friday. It will like include the release of the new single.
    Matt Cord?

This is interesting...
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    Possible St Louis dates are 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 (assuming Nashville is correct on 4-2)
    Possible OKC dates are 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8, 4-9
    Possible Denver dates are 4-6, 4-8, 4-9, 4-10
    Wait.....dates are changing now??
  • Options
    New music this Friday? Where is this coming from?
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    I hope StL is 4/4
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.