Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    edited January 2020
    Strathcona is a horrible hotel.  Stayed there once and will never stay there again.  Avoid like the plague. 
    Post edited by BeerBaron on
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    edited January 2020
    (....)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    smak said:
    Somebody should put a 1-100 note by each date noting how much it's a total guess, vs being a mortal lock.
    Not a bad idea!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    Toronto is easy to get around. My favourite part of ol Hogtown USA is Cabbagetown.  
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    smak said:
    Somebody should put a 1-100 note by each date noting how much it's a total guess, vs being a mortal lock.
    Not a bad idea!
    Everyone in favor of one of these two putting a note next to each date say I.

Things were different then
  • Options
    How were the dates compiled? Any confirmation from any of the venues? 
    That's like asking "How does Sherlock Holmes solve the case?"
    Lol, I just wouldn’t be booking flights based on non confirmed dates and venues. Seems foolish.
    Weird. I booked flights and hotels. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    BeerBaron said:
    Strathcona is a horrible hotel.  Stayed there once and will never stay there again.  Avoid like the plague. 
    Really? Got great reviews though thats not everything obviously. 
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    I kid I kid. It's a long thread. Sidetracked on many occasions. Sometimes for days or pages or whatever. Bottom line. Have some faith in your fellow fans. We're not as crazy or foolish as we may appear.
    Things were different then
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Or just wait for the public announcement if you don’t have faith in the guy that had successfully hinted at past tours. Really not a big deal. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,422
    edited January 2020
    Evel K said:
    You could fly into Cincinnati. Rent a van there. Drive to Nashville. Sleep in the van. Go see Pearl Jam. Drive to St. Louis with random strangers. Sleep on the floor in the hotel they booked. Go see Pearl Jam. Drive to nearest airport and fly home.
    I have encountered these people before.  I’m amazed at the lengths some will go to to attend a 2:45 hour concert.

In one Midwest city during the 2014 tour I gave a fan a ride from the hotel I was staying at to the venue. The person was from a European country had been following the tour from the start. Hands down the smelliest person I have ever encountered. Just gross. It was clear they were sleeping in bus stations and wherever and gave up on hygiene. 

Anyways, this person flew to the states and was basically bumbling around the country trying to get to the next show. Had no idea that most cities were 8-10 hours apart via car and that the Megabus is a horrible way to get from point A to B. I questioned if this person was enjoying experience or was only continuing on out sheer determination.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    Evel K said:
    You could fly into Cincinnati. Rent a van there. Drive to Nashville. Sleep in the van. Go see Pearl Jam. Drive to St. Louis with random strangers. Sleep on the floor in the hotel they booked. Go see Pearl Jam. Drive to nearest airport and fly home.
    I have encountered these people before.  I’m amazed at the lengths some will go to to attend a 2:45 hour concert.

In one Midwest city during the 2014 tour I gave a fan a ride from the hotel I was staying at to the venue. The person was from a European country had been following the tour from the start. Hands down the smelliest person I have ever encountered. Just gross. It was clear they were sleeping in bus stations and wherever and gave up on hygiene. 

Anyways, this person flew to the states and was basically bumbling around the country trying to get to the next show. Had no idea that most cities were 8-10 hours apart via car and that the Megabus is a horrible way to get from point A to B. I questioned if this person was enjoying experience or was only continuing on out sheer determination.
    lol
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    Met my wife at the local pizza pub for dinner tonight, and they had a dude playing some acoustic covers. He kicked off his set with a PJ song. Normally I’d be pretty stoked, even if it was only Just Breathe. 

But, thanks to this thread, all I could think about is how I now know that a stupid marriage proposal cost me a chance to hear Other Side live. Instead I heard Just Breathe. I hope that guy walked away. 

Anyway, rumors...
  • Options

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Met my wife at the local pizza pub for dinner tonight, and they had a dude playing some acoustic covers. He kicked off his set with a PJ song. Normally I’d be pretty stoked, even if it was only Just Breathe. 

But, thanks to this thread, all I could think about is how I now know that a stupid marriage proposal cost me a chance to hear Other Side live. Instead I heard Just Breathe. I hope that guy walked away. 

Anyway, rumors...
    I missed that part of the thread. You aren’t talking about Dallas, are you? 
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    toolie said:

Anyway, rumors...
    I mean Oklahoma, not Dallas. 2013. 
  • Options
    JRDAY89JRDAY89 Oklahoma City Posts: 126
    toolie said:

Anyway, rumors...
    OKC in 2013 unfortunately. I’ll never get over that. 
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227

There’s a great way to test the process. Scan the Europe rumor thread the week before the tour announcement came out. See how close that rumor list is the the actual announced tour
  • Options
    BeerBaron said:
     And if course I've booked a  room at the Strathcona 🤣🤣🤣 the reviews don't seem that bad 🙄
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,928
    edited January 2020

There’s a great way to test the process. Scan the Europe rumor thread the week before the tour announcement came out. See how close that rumor list is the the actual announced tour
    The last rumor list put together for the European tour before the official announcement was dead on. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268658/2020-tour-rumor-thread/p290
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,524
    If we don't hear anything today by 3pm PST, it's highly unlikely that the rumoured tour dates for March/April are happening. Just my opinion. Timing is too tight. 

This oddly specific time has come and gone. RIP Spring Tour.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Ray J. T. said:

The last rumor list put together for the European tour before the official announcement was dead on. 

ther latest list here posted ,is not dead on...if someone looks the map will understand why. )
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    ottawa arena is booked by senators on march 20 or am i wrong?
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 232
    edited January 2020
    Ray J. T. said:

ther latest list here posted ,is not dead on...if someone looks the map will understand why. )
    This has to either be Canada, or maybe OKC before Denver.  Or even NYC before Baltimore
    Post edited by smak on
  • Options

• Options
    Ok, switching OKC and Denver. Sounds like the 4-6 rumor for Denver wasn't correct.

Toronto 3-18
    Ottawa 3-20
    Quebec City 3-22
    Hamilton 3-24
    Sirius show 3-26
    Baltimore 3-28
    NYC 3-30
    Nashville 4-2
    St. Louis 4-4
    OKC 4-6
    Denver 4-8
    Phoenix/Glendale 4-11
    San Diego 4-13
    LA 4-15 and 16
    Oakland 4-18 & 4-19
  • Options
    lellopj said:
    ottawa arena is booked by senators on march 20 or am i wrong?

The Senators are in DC on 3-20
  • Options
    Or maybe we have Hamilton wrong, but if so, I can't figure out the date for it. 
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

Does the tour start in Toronto?
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Ray J. T. said:

Is it the first four?  Ottawa has another show on the 19th and QC has a hockey game on the 21st, so wondering if it would be this as was recently posted elsewhere:

QC - 3.20
    Ott - 3.22
    Hamilton - 3.24
    Toronto - 3.25

Or even swapping Hamilton and Toronto is we really was to follow a map. 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    Ray J. T. said:

I don't know about the Canadian shows. But Denver before OKC does not make sense geographically, so I'm thinking that's where Dimi is going with this.