Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    lellopj said:
    ottawa arena is booked by senators on march 20 or am i wrong?

The Senators are in DC on 3-20

no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    what is a pick em game packs?!?!
  • Options
    lellopj said:
    lellopj said:

https://www.nhl.com/scores/2020-03-20
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

• Options
    lellopj said:
    lellopj said:

i understand that the senators will not playing in ottawa on 20. i just want to understand what kind of event ticketmaster.ca are selling tickets for march 20th on tire canadian center.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    lellopj said:
    lellopj said:
    lellopj said:

i understand that the senators will not playing in ottawa on 20. i just want to understand what kind of event ticketmaster.ca are selling tickets for march 20th on tire canadian center.
    If you click on it, they are selling a mini-plan where you select between 3-9 games for the remainder of the season. The 3/20 date seems to have been arbitrarily assigned to the mini-plan selection by Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    edited January 2020
    Ok, switching OKC and Denver. Sounds like the 4-6 rumor for Denver wasn't correct.

Toronto 3-18
    Ottawa 3-20
    Quebec City 3-22
    Hamilton 3-24
    Sirius show 3-26
    Baltimore 3-28
    NYC 3-30
    Nashville 4-2
    St. Louis 4-4
    OKC 4-6
    Denver 4-8
    Phoenix/Glendale 4-11
    San Diego 4-13
    LA 4-15 and 16
    Oakland 4-18 & 4-19

Yes, this makes more sense. Okc and den were switched based on a non dpj source. Not sure how solid Sirius show is? The map hint could also refer to the routing of ott to qc and back to Hamilton 
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    lellopj said:
    lellopj said:
    lellopj said:

If you click on it, they are selling a mini-plan where you select between 3-9 games for the remainder of the season. The 3/20 date seems to have been arbitrarily assigned to the mini-plan selection by Ticketmaster.
    thanks a lot for the explaination 👍
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Hopefully we get an email after 12pm EST today. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Ok, switching OKC and Denver. Sounds like the 4-6 rumor for Denver wasn't correct.

Toronto 3-18
    Ottawa 3-20
    Quebec City 3-22
    Hamilton 3-24
    Sirius show 3-26
    Baltimore 3-28
    NYC 3-30
    Nashville 4-2
    St. Louis 4-4
    OKC 4-6
    Denver 4-8
    Phoenix/Glendale 4-11
    San Diego 4-13
    LA 4-15 and 16
    Oakland 4-18 & 4-19

Yes, this makes more sense. Okc and den were switched based on a non dpj source. Not sure how solid Sirius show is? The map hint could also refer to the routing of ott to qc and Bach to Hamilton 
    Agreed that back tracking to Hamilton is quite a bit out of the way. 

Do you recall if Toronto was confirmed as the opening show?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Evel K said:
    You could fly into Cincinnati. Rent a van there. Drive to Nashville. Sleep in the van. Go see Pearl Jam. Drive to St. Louis with random strangers. Sleep on the floor in the hotel they booked. Go see Pearl Jam. Drive to nearest airport and fly home.
    I have encountered these people before.  I’m amazed at the lengths some will go to to attend a 2:45 hour concert.

In one Midwest city during the 2014 tour I gave a fan a ride from the hotel I was staying at to the venue. The person was from a European country had been following the tour from the start. Hands down the smelliest person I have ever encountered. Just gross. It was clear they were sleeping in bus stations and wherever and gave up on hygiene. 

Anyways, this person flew to the states and was basically bumbling around the country trying to get to the next show. Had no idea that most cities were 8-10 hours apart via car and that the Megabus is a horrible way to get from point A to B. I questioned if this person was enjoying experience or was only continuing on out sheer determination.
    Following an entire tour just isn’t my cup of tea; I would get bored and/or burnt out. 3-5 shows is ideal.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    toolie said:
    toolie said:
    Met my wife at the local pizza pub for dinner tonight, and they had a dude playing some acoustic covers. He kicked off his set with a PJ song. Normally I’d be pretty stoked, even if it was only Just Breathe. 

But, thanks to this thread, all I could think about is how I now know that a stupid marriage proposal cost me a chance to hear Other Side live. Instead I heard Just Breathe. I hope that guy walked away. 

Anyway, rumors...
    I missed that part of the thread. You aren’t talking about Dallas, are you? 
    I mean Oklahoma, not Dallas. 2013. 
    Yup. Someone earlier mentioned Other Side was on the setlist but replaced by just breathe when he acknowledged the proposal
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,948
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, I did 10 shows back in 2000 and had the time of my life.  But I was 23, had no wife and no kids.  I just don't have the wherewithal to do that now.  Shit, I was exhausted from the two MSG shows back in 2016.  2-3, even separated, would be perfect for me. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    OKC and Denver are the only dates that don’t make logistical sense.  

Baltimore before NYC is very reasonable and so is traveling back down to Hamilton
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options

• Options
    Yeah, I did 10 shows back in 2000 and had the time of my life.  But I was 23, had no wife and no kids.  I just don't have the wherewithal to do that now.  Shit, I was exhausted from the two MSG shows back in 2016.  2-3, even separated, would be perfect for me. 
    Spot on!  Those msg 2016 shows killed me ! Lol
    i did 11 shows in 2003 and was definitely burnt toward the end. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046

Baltimore before NYC is very reasonable and so is traveling back down to Hamilton
    Hamilton is 513 miles from Quebec City. That drive is going to be hard to do since we start the tour only 40 miles away from Hamilton. 

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    PJNB said:

Hamilton is 513 miles from Quebec City. That drive is going to be hard to do since we start the tour only 40 miles away from Hamilton. 

True but the arena is booked from the 18-22.  Unless Toronto was the 15th or 16th then it would have to be after the 2 northern shows no?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    One of these days will be the day.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
  • Options
    Best first set I ve ever witnessed. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wow that first set looks incredible on paper. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Would be a tough drive in the middle of summer. In March it could be a disaster. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    PJNB said:

True but the arena is booked from the 18-22.  Unless Toronto was the 15th or 16th then it would have to be after the 2 northern shows no?
    Dimitris-damus has indicated no shows before St. Patrick’s Day.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    PJNB said:

Would be a tough drive in the middle of summer. In March it could be a disaster. 
    VIA Rail....
  • Options
    For those of you who aren't familiar with the region...even close to the fall/ springtime months, Québec City is potentially a winter vortex lol. Recently did a guys roadtrip at the beginning of November, and it was -5 F with multiple snow storms over 4 days.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,670
    JFC now a mass shooting in Ottawa.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wow that first set looks incredible on paper. 

From silence to Go, the building, as often happens at PJMSG, was shaking. And shaking.

IIRC they did not play Tremor Christ but the ocean did get big big waves that night.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    JFC now a mass shooting in Ottawa.
    Not far from my office. Thankfully, I’m out today. Father-in-law works right there too, but sounds like it’s under control now.

scary stuff...