• Options
    JojoRice said:
    I hope StL is 4/4
    Agreed
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
  • Options
    The dalEThe dalE Nebraska Posts: 14
    Possible St Louis dates are 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 (assuming Nashville is correct on 4-2)
    Possible OKC dates are 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8, 4-9
    Possible Denver dates are 4-6, 4-8, 4-9, 4-10

I would imagine Denver has to be 4/6 or 4/9. I would think the Pepsi Center needs to keep 4/8 and 4/10 open in case the Avs have home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:
    While we wait for the announcement... Does anyone know if Pearl Jam is classic rock?
    they are classic pearl jam 
    So who's modern Pearl Jam? And who's indie Pearl Jam?
    Pearl jam, and Pearl jam

Never heard of either of them.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    I'm just gonna satisfy my crazy mind and assume MEMPHIS is now in play lol
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • Options
    jets521 said:
    I wouldn't count on it
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,988
    Memphis??  Well today is Elvis's 85th birthday
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    The dalE said:
    Possible St Louis dates are 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 (assuming Nashville is correct on 4-2)

I would imagine Denver has to be 4/6 or 4/9. I would think the Pepsi Center needs to keep 4/8 and 4/10 open in case the Avs have home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
    Don’t think that’s how the playoffs works, might need some hockey help here

if the Avs get seed 1-4 they get 2 home games to start the series 

but game 1’s for round 1 of the upcoming playoffs are played over 2 days, not one

meaning they could get games on the 8th & 10th, or the 9th & 11th

the 6th makes more sense
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    rummy said:
    smak said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    How were the dates compiled? Any confirmation from any of the venues? 
    That's like asking "How does Sherlock Holmes solve the case?"

There’s a great way to test the process. Scan the Europe rumor thread the week before the tour announcement came out. See how close that rumor list is the the actual announced tour
    The last rumor list put together for the European tour before the official announcement was dead on. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268658/2020-tour-rumor-thread/p290
     ther latest list here posted ,is not dead on...if someone looks the map will understand why. )
    This has to either be Canada, or maybe OKC before Denver.  Or even NYC before Baltimore
    There’s a show on the 9th.
    How about Nashville 4/2 St. Louis 4/4 OKC 4/6 and Denver 4/9?

Things were different then
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    The dalE said:

but game 1’s for round 1 of the upcoming playoffs are played over 2 days, not one

the 6th makes more sense
    And the 11th is already booked. 
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    The dalE said:

the 6th makes more sense

That's what I was saying...they would have games on the 8th and 10th, so concert could be 9th. Nuggets have a home game on the 11th, so Avs couldn't go 9th and 11th. I agree the 6th makes more sense, but STL to OKC to Denver probably makes more sense too.
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    :o
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    Evel K said:
    rummy said:
    smak said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    How were the dates compiled? Any confirmation from any of the venues? 
    That's like asking "How does Sherlock Holmes solve the case?"

There’s a great way to test the process. Scan the Europe rumor thread the week before the tour announcement came out. See how close that rumor list is the the actual announced tour
    The last rumor list put together for the European tour before the official announcement was dead on. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268658/2020-tour-rumor-thread/p290
     ther latest list here posted ,is not dead on...if someone looks the map will understand why. )
    This has to either be Canada, or maybe OKC before Denver.  Or even NYC before Baltimore
    There’s a show on the 9th.
    How about Nashville 4/2 St. Louis 4/4 OKC 4/6 and Denver 4/9?

Yes.
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    The dalE said:

It’s my understanding that Pepsi center needs to be available 4/8&4/9 since the Av’s could possibly host a game 1 on either of these dates.  
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    Looks like if the Avs get home ice, the 8th & 10th are only options
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    jets521 said:
    I want to do a spring break trip with my family to Tennessee for spring break. A Nashville/
    Memphis combo would be absolutely perfect. 

I can’t recall, but what is the clue that solidified Nashville? Was it the bbq one? Because that could definitely point to Memphis over Nashville. 

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    jets521 said:
    I want to do a spring break trip with my family to Tennessee for spring break. A Nashville/
    Memphis combo would be absolutely perfect. 

I can’t recall, but what is the clue that solidified Nashville? Was it the bbq one? Because that could definitely point to Memphis over Nashville. 
    Well Dimi said he doesn't have any more city clues to give from the list that has been compiled on here, pretty much confirming that the cities are correct
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Hey Hansel sorry you didn’t get mugatu’s new derelicte campaign.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Lukeat911 said:
    As a Nashvillian, I’m praying rumors are true. Haven’t seen an arena PJ show yet and would love Bridgestone to be my 1st. 
     Nice! 

I believe this was the most solid Nashville "hint" (page 57). Also, someone commented "Can we expect a show in Memphis, Nashville, or Raleigh", to which Dimi responded "One, yes". So this is where the Nashville "confirm" and Memphis "deny" comes into play. Take it for what it's worth.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    mrk2 said:
    Jimminez said:
    thoughts?

1) set up stage after hockey game to have a show the next day, or
    2) have show day before game and have tear down complete by midday of hockey game?

With 1) having to occur with stage being set up a for a show two days prior the day after a concert?

Normal arena shows are set up on the day of the show. Load out takes about 2-3 hours and is done right after the show ends.

Empty arena in the morning
    Gear is loaded in, stage set up.
    Soundcheck around 4 PM
    Doors at 6 PM
    Show over at 11 PM
    All Gear packed up and arena empty by 2 AM

Does not matter what happens the day before or after
    Yeah, it's crazy how quick the conversion/cleaning crews get to work. Mike finishes that last note, gives his tech the guitar, Eddie goes through all the thanks and the second the band leaves the stage, there's 20 (whatever) guys up there pulling stuff down when fans are still asking for setlists or whatever.

It was maybe 10-15 minutes after the Columbus show ended and I was being shooed off the floor so that the seats could be taken away.

There was that show on Showtime or whatever that showed some of the road crew setting up for the Lexington show.  I believe they got started well before sunrise the day of the show, but that may have been an exception.

The crazy ones are the shows that have two matching setups that "leapfrog" each other. I'm digressing now, but when Beyonce came to Columbus, her crew needed something like a week to set up. Of course, that required various permits that Pearl Jam may not need. Still, her crazy setup was gone like a day or two later.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    The dalE said:
    ed243421 said:
    The dalE said:

the 6th makes more sense

That's what I was saying...they would have games on the 8th and 10th, so concert could be 9th. Nuggets have a home game on the 11th, so Avs couldn't go 9th and 11th. I agree the 6th makes more sense, but STL to OKC to Denver probably makes more sense too.
    It's possible the Nuggets and Avalanche could play on the same day. It's happened a good handful of times before. So the 8th isn't entirely out. But it would make more sense for it to be the 6th or 9th at this point.
  • Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    Lukeat911 said:
    As a Nashvillian, I’m praying rumors are true. Haven’t seen an arena PJ show yet and would love Bridgestone to be my 1st. 
     Nice! 

I believe this was the most solid Nashville "hint" (page 57). Also, someone commented "Can we expect a show in Memphis, Nashville, or Raleigh", to which Dimi responded "One, yes". So this is where the Nashville "confirm" and Memphis "deny" comes into play. Take it for what it's worth.
    Ah ok. I can put the dream of having two Tennessee shows to rest. Now let’s hear this announcement so I can book some flights and AirBNBs!

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    mrk2 said:
    Jimminez said:
    thoughts?

1) set up stage after hockey game to have a show the next day, or
    2) have show day before game and have tear down complete by midday of hockey game?

With 1) having to occur with stage being set up a for a show two days prior the day after a concert?

Normal arena shows are set up on the day of the show. Load out takes about 2-3 hours and is done right after the show ends.

Empty arena in the morning
    Gear is loaded in, stage set up.
    Soundcheck around 4 PM
    Doors at 6 PM
    Show over at 11 PM
    All Gear packed up and arena empty by 2 AM

Does not matter what happens the day before or after
    Yeah, it's crazy how quick the conversion/cleaning crews get to work. Mike finishes that last note, gives his tech the guitar, Eddie goes through all the thanks and the second the band leaves the stage, there's 20 (whatever) guys up there pulling stuff down when fans are still asking for setlists or whatever.

It was maybe 10-15 minutes after the Columbus show ended and I was being shooed off the floor so that the seats could be taken away.

There was that show on Showtime or whatever that showed some of the road crew setting up for the Lexington show.  I believe they got started well before sunrise the day of the show, but that may have been an exception.

The crazy ones are the shows that have two matching setups that "leapfrog" each other. I'm digressing now, but when Beyonce came to Columbus, her crew needed something like a week to set up. Of course, that required various permits that Pearl Jam may not need. Still, her crazy setup was gone like a day or two later.
    While not the whole stage it was pretty cool seeing the crew working as fast as they did in Wrigley last year too. It was an odd feeling watching them do it since at that point we did not know if the show would go on but still fun seeing them. 
  • Options
    Lukeat911 said:
     Nice! 

Ah ok. I can put the dream of having two Tennessee shows to rest. Now let’s hear this announcement so I can book some flights and AirBNBs!
    It was confirmed that the only state getting multiple arena shows was CA
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Lukeat911 said:
     Nice! 

For real. It's starting to make my head hurt :) At this point, an announcement should only be days away anyway.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    JojoRice said:
    Memphis??  Well today is Elvis's 85th birthday
    And David Bowie's 73rd
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Damn hockey games have to F everything up. Don’t they know we have concerts to see? 
  • Options
    Kinda amusing that PJ will be dictating the NHL playoff schedule for both the Avs and Coyotes. Both will most likely earn home ice so the NHL will be forced to schedule their Games 1 and 2 for 4/8 and 4/10 since it looks like PJ will be taking over their arenas on 4/9 and 4/11.
  • Options
    Kinda amusing that PJ will be dictating the NHL playoff schedule for both the Avs and Coyotes. Both will most likely earn home ice so the NHL will be forced to schedule their Games 1 and 2 for 4/8 and 4/10 since it looks like PJ will be taking over their arenas on 4/9 and 4/11.
    Pretty sure Phoenix will be in Glendale. Not really dictating schedule for Colorado if the show is on the 9th, as Pepsi center is already booked for a Nuggets game on the 11th
  • Options

I'm sure PJ would be in Denver 4/8 if that was open, but the Pepsi Center needs to keep it available for the Avs for games on the 8th and 10th. Venues work concert dates in around playoffs, not the other way around.