Comments

• Options
    cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,474
    edited January 2020
    Evel K said:
    rummy said:
    smak said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    How were the dates compiled? Any confirmation from any of the venues? 
    That's like asking "How does Sherlock Holmes solve the case?"

There’s a great way to test the process. Scan the Europe rumor thread the week before the tour announcement came out. See how close that rumor list is the the actual announced tour
    The last rumor list put together for the European tour before the official announcement was dead on. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268658/2020-tour-rumor-thread/p290
     ther latest list here posted ,is not dead on...if someone looks the map will understand why. )
    This has to either be Canada, or maybe OKC before Denver.  Or even NYC before Baltimore
    There’s a show on the 9th.
    How about Nashville 4/2 St. Louis 4/4 OKC 4/6 and Denver 4/9?

Think are more correct dates...  

but hope another city can be include in there week........Dallas 4/7 or 4/8...

Nashville 4/2
    St. Louis 4/4
    OKC 4/6
    Dallas 4/7 
    Denver 4/9

First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Kinda amusing that PJ will be dictating the NHL playoff schedule for both the Avs and Coyotes. Both will most likely earn home ice so the NHL will be forced to schedule their Games 1 and 2 for 4/8 and 4/10 since it looks like PJ will be taking over their arenas on 4/9 and 4/11.
    Pretty sure Phoenix will be in Glendale. Not really dictating schedule for Colorado if the show is on the 9th, as Pepsi center is already booked for a Nuggets game on the 11th
    Yeah, but won't they be playing at the Yotes arena (Gila River Arena)? Unless they play where the Suns play, but as you and some others have said, Glendale seems more likely.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    edited January 2020
    Updated:

Toronto 3-18
    Ottawa 3-20
    Quebec City 3-22
    Hamilton 3-24
    Sirius show 3-26
    Baltimore 3-28
    NYC 3-30
    Nashville 4-2
    St. Louis 4-4
    OKC 4-6
    Denver 4-9
    Phoenix/Glendale 4-11
    San Diego 4-13
    LA 4-15 and 16
    Oakland 4-18 & 4-19

Tagword
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • Options
    Kinda amusing that PJ will be dictating the NHL playoff schedule for both the Avs and Coyotes. Both will most likely earn home ice so the NHL will be forced to schedule their Games 1 and 2 for 4/8 and 4/10 since it looks like PJ will be taking over their arenas on 4/9 and 4/11.
    Pretty sure Phoenix will be in Glendale. Not really dictating schedule for Colorado if the show is on the 9th, as Pepsi center is already booked for a Nuggets game on the 11th
    Yeah, but won't they be playing at the Yotes arena (Gila River Arena)? Unless they play where the Suns play, but as you and some others have said, Glendale seems more likely.

My bad, forgot the Coyotes play there. But still think it's 4-11, with a possible Coyotes series being 4-8 & 4-10
  • Options

Right now the Coyotes are in line to have home ice too. But if the date is already locked in should be good. The arena is totally open that week minus the NHL playoffs.
  • Options

My bad, forgot the Coyotes play there. But still think it's 4-11, with a possible Coyotes series being 4-8 & 4-10
    Yeah, I think that makes sense. I know it's been recently said that the venues favor the permanent sports tenants, but I think someone else had alluded a while back that bands can schedule a date, such as this one, and they can work around it. The issue is like Toronto in 2016 when they added the second show. Just wish we knew the Denver/OKC logistics. Had to add yet another hotel reservation this morning. #FirstWorldProblems.

2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I know it's been recently said that the venues favor the permanent sports tenants, but I think someone else had alluded a while back that bands can schedule a date, such as this one, and they can work around it. The issue is like Toronto in 2016 when they added the second show. Just wish we knew the Denver/OKC logistics. Had to add yet another hotel reservation this morning. #FirstWorldProblems.

I have 3 St. Louis hotel reservations right now, just to have myself covered
  • Options
    4/11 means it's in Glendale. The Suns play the Jazz at home on 4/11.
  • Options
    RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 332
    edited January 2020
    Talking Stick Resort Arena (Phoenix) is also pretty open other than the Suns on the 11th, which obviously doesn't work with these dates.
  • Options
    Shame those Canada dates aren't after May, that means hockey rink shows with less than stellar acoustics. Love the amphitheatre gigs in Toronto, even when it's windy and pissing down as long as you're in the 100s~300s the sound is great and you stay dry. Will try for Hammer tix for sure.
  • Options
    Zero hints/ ideas where the Sirius show? I would assume NYC, Phili, or LA but tour routing suggests East Coast.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,670
    dobyblue said:
    Shame those Canada dates aren't after May, that means hockey rink shows with less than stellar acoustics. Love the amphitheatre gigs in Toronto, even when it's windy and pissing down as long as you're in the 100s~300s the sound is great and you stay dry. Will try for Hammer tix for sure.
    The amphitheater is horrible. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    ed243421 said:
    The dalE said:
    Possible St Louis dates are 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 (assuming Nashville is correct on 4-2)
    Possible OKC dates are 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8, 4-9
    Possible Denver dates are 4-6, 4-8, 4-9, 4-10

I would imagine Denver has to be 4/6 or 4/9. I would think the Pepsi Center needs to keep 4/8 and 4/10 open in case the Avs have home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
    Don’t think that’s how the playoffs works, might need some hockey help here

if the Avs get seed 1-4 they get 2 home games to start the series 

but game 1’s for round 1 of the upcoming playoffs are played over 2 days, not one

meaning they could get games on the 8th & 10th, or the 9th & 11th

the 6th makes more sense
    That's not how the playoffs work.  There are not specific days for specific games.  They will figure out the schedule once the season ends and if the Avs can't host a home game on 4/18 or 4/10 because PJ is booked for a concert, they will likely play their first game on 4/9.  
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    Some of you are persistent and diligent mofos! Thanks for your research! It allows me to continue to be my lazy self. :smile:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    100 Pacer said:
    dobyblue said:
    The amphitheater is horrible. Your kidding right?
  • Options
    Some of you are persistent and diligent mofos! Thanks for your research! It allows me to continue to be my lazy self. :smile:

What else are we supposed to do at work?
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    100 Pacer said:
    dobyblue said:
    The amphitheater is horrible. 
    The venue itself is bad; getting there and (especially) getting out ruin the experience. And it's improved dramatically in recent years.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227

Arenas keep a hold for a few nights a week for playoffs, not specific dates, since home ice advantage can change the last day of the season, which moves dates around. Playoffs can also occur on consecutive nights.

Arenas want paying customers 7 nights a week if possible.

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    That 4/11 Phoenix date hurts. Too bad it wasn’t a day earlier. 
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    BeerBaron said:
    ed243421 said:
    The dalE said:
    Possible St Louis dates are 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 (assuming Nashville is correct on 4-2)
    Possible OKC dates are 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8, 4-9
    Possible Denver dates are 4-6, 4-8, 4-9, 4-10

I would imagine Denver has to be 4/6 or 4/9. I would think the Pepsi Center needs to keep 4/8 and 4/10 open in case the Avs have home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
    Don’t think that’s how the playoffs works, might need some hockey help here

if the Avs get seed 1-4 they get 2 home games to start the series 

but game 1’s for round 1 of the upcoming playoffs are played over 2 days, not one

meaning they could get games on the 8th & 10th, or the 9th & 11th

the 6th makes more sense
    That's not how the playoffs work.  There are not specific days for specific games.  They will figure out the schedule once the season ends and if the Avs can't host a home game on 4/18 or 4/10 because PJ is booked for a concert, they will likely play their first game on 4/9.  
    That said, the Raptors' playoff schedule wreaked havoc with both Pearl Jam and the Who in 2016 and with the Who again in 2019. As soon as the Raptors made the conference finals the NBA block-booked Scotiabank Arena for the duration of the NBA Finals in the event the Raptors made it - so the Who and at least a few other shows had to be moved.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options

What else are we supposed to do at work?

Do you have that excel file ready for me yet?
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    bbiggs said:
    That 4/11 Phoenix date hurts. Too bad it wasn’t a day earlier. 
    Fuck it, you're rich! Go for it!!!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640

Arenas keep a hold for a few nights a week for playoffs, not specific dates, since home ice advantage can change the last day of the season, which moves dates around. Playoffs can also occur on consecutive nights.

No consecutive games in playoffs
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Updated:

Toronto 3-18
    Ottawa 3-20
    Quebec City 3-22
    Hamilton 3-24
    Sirius show 3-26
    Baltimore 3-28
    NYC 3-30
    Nashville 4-2
    St. Louis 4-4
    OKC 4-6
    Denver 4-9
    Phoenix/Glendale 4-11
    San Diego 4-13
    LA 4-15 and 16
    Oakland 4-18 & 4-19

=)
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    Got in car and PJ on radio.... sign? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Two nights in Oakland still looks weird.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    demetrios said:
    Updated:

Toronto 3-18
    Ottawa 3-20
    Quebec City 3-22
    Hamilton 3-24
    Sirius show 3-26
    Baltimore 3-28
    NYC 3-30
    Nashville 4-2
    St. Louis 4-4
    OKC 4-6
    Denver 4-9
    Phoenix/Glendale 4-11
    San Diego 4-13
    LA 4-15 and 16
    Oakland 4-18 & 4-19

=)

• Options
    ed243421 said:

No consecutive games in playoffs

It can happen if needed

"The Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning finish the first back-to-back set of these Stanley Cup playoffs Thursday night at Amalie Arena. It's the result of a previous scheduling conflict with a motorcycle stunt show that made the NHL jump through hoops to set up games on consecutive nights."
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    JimmyV said:
    Two nights in Oakland still looks weird.
    I don't think that's accurate.  Only city getting multiple shows is LA.  At least that's what I thought.