Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    CopperTom said:
    JimmyV said:
    Two nights in Oakland still looks weird.
    I don't think that's accurate.  Only city getting multiple shows is LA.  At least that's what I thought.
    I believe Dimi shared an "OOLALA" comment a while back and some follow-up that sealed it.
    🤙
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,226
    CopperTom said:
    JimmyV said:
    I don't think that's accurate.  Only city getting multiple shows is LA.  At least that's what I thought.

Thats what I thought too.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    Here's my latest guess:

Friday is the 10th. I bet we get a new song that day as part of (or maybe not) the newsletter.

Monday is the 13th. Tour announcement this day.

The album announcement could be either day.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Some of you are persistent and diligent mofos! Thanks for your research! It allows me to continue to be my lazy self. :smile:

What else are we supposed to do at work?

Do you have that excel file ready for me yet?
    Working on it, boss. Cut me some slack.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    CopperTom said:
    JimmyV said:

Thats what I thought too.
    I believe he said that only one "state" is getting multiple shows, don't think he specifically said only one "city" getting 2 shows. I could be wrong, don't feel like looking through 200+ pages again.

2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Can’t deny me reprise
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    NWOntario said:
    BeerBaron said:
    ed243421 said:
    The dalE said:
    Possible St Louis dates are 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 (assuming Nashville is correct on 4-2)
    Possible OKC dates are 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8, 4-9
    Possible Denver dates are 4-6, 4-8, 4-9, 4-10

I would imagine Denver has to be 4/6 or 4/9. I would think the Pepsi Center needs to keep 4/8 and 4/10 open in case the Avs have home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
    Don’t think that’s how the playoffs works, might need some hockey help here

if the Avs get seed 1-4 they get 2 home games to start the series 

but game 1’s for round 1 of the upcoming playoffs are played over 2 days, not one

meaning they could get games on the 8th & 10th, or the 9th & 11th

the 6th makes more sense
    That's not how the playoffs work.  There are not specific days for specific games.  They will figure out the schedule once the season ends and if the Avs can't host a home game on 4/18 or 4/10 because PJ is booked for a concert, they will likely play their first game on 4/9.  
    That said, the Raptors' playoff schedule wreaked havoc with both Pearl Jam and the Who in 2016 and with the Who again in 2019. As soon as the Raptors made the conference finals the NBA block-booked Scotiabank Arena for the duration of the NBA Finals in the event the Raptors made it - so the Who and at least a few other shows had to be moved.

Once the playoffs get to mid may the scheduling dynamic changes. The games must be on specific nights and the NHL/NBA gets priority. But only a handful of teams make it this deep into the playoffs.

For the early round the challenge is when both sports have playoff teams. In this case, especially in cities where mass transit is the most used choice of travel to games, arenas can do a day night doubleheader on weekends to free up days for concerts.

It's big money going around the world to get a PJ into an arena. They want every opportunity to host these shows.
  • Options
    I think at some point Dimi confirmed that California is getting 5 shows. Because that coupled with his missing city hint had us thinking Santa Barbara might have been in play for a little bit.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    molecule said:
    CopperTom said:
    JimmyV said:
    I believe Dimi shared an "OOLALA" comment a while back and some follow-up that sealed it.
    The hint was "Oulala"
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,524
    CopperTom said:
    molecule said:
    CopperTom said:
    JimmyV said:
    The hint was "Oulala"

Oh man, they're playing Ukiah? Sweet...
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    bbiggs said:
    That 4/11 Phoenix date hurts. Too bad it wasn’t a day earlier. 
    Fuck it, you're rich! Go for it!!!
    You morning drinking again? ;) 
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:

That doesn't mean Oakland is getting 2 shows.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,033
    edited January 2020
    Here's my latest guess:

Friday is the 10th. I bet we get a new song that day as part of (or maybe not) the newsletter.

Monday is the 13th. Tour announcement this day.

The album announcement could be either day.
    works for me.

Though I bet the album announcement will be in another couple weeks. Draw it all out over a few weeks to cross promote the single when you announce the tour, and the tour when they announce the record.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,640
    CopperTom said:
    ed243421 said:

Dimitris indicated a couple weeks ago that the missing city was not in California.  It ended up being OKC.  So either San Diego or Oakland would have to get another show to get up to 5 and make sense it would be Oakland at the end.  
  • Options
    Jmka2024Jmka2024 St. Louis, MO Posts: 5
    ed243421 said:
    Kinda amusing that PJ will be dictating the NHL playoff schedule for both the Avs and Coyotes. Both will most likely earn home ice so the NHL will be forced to schedule their Games 1 and 2 for 4/8 and 4/10 since it looks like PJ will be taking over their arenas on 4/9 and 4/11.

Arenas keep a hold for a few nights a week for playoffs, not specific dates, since home ice advantage can change the last day of the season, which moves dates around. Playoffs can also occur on consecutive nights.

Arenas want paying customers 7 nights a week if possible.

No consecutive games in playoffs
    The NHL will schedule consecutive nights in the playoffs, if that team has an arena scheduling conflict.  The Blues were almost scheduled for that last season.

• Options
    CopperTom said:
    ed243421 said:

Dimitris indicated a couple weeks ago that the missing city was not in California.  It ended up being OKC.  So either San Diego or Oakland would have to get another show to get up to 5 and make sense it would be Oakland at the end.  
    It was also thought that it would be Oakland and San Francisco. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    edited January 2020
    anyone willing to post the current hint consensus? I haven't looked in here for about a hundred pages. or just tell me if anywhere near Winnipeg is getting a show? Minnesota or North Dakota?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    anyone willing to post the current hint consensus? I haven't looked in here for about a hundred pages. or just tell me if anywhere near Winnipeg is getting a show? Minnesota or North Dakota?

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7067536#Comment_7067536
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,640
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    ed243421 said:

It was also thought that it would be Oakland and San Francisco. 
    Someone may have posted that but to me that doesn't seem very likely.  Dimitris implied that the missing city was not in California, so San Fran would be unlikely as it would be another city. 
  • Options
    I feel like I'm spending so much time reading this thread that I will miss the actual announcement until someone posts it in here
  • Options
    I feel like I'm spending so much time reading this thread that I will miss the actual announcement until someone posts it in here
    Agreed
  • Options
    Agreed
    Don't worry, I'll let you know. For some reason, I just can't stay away from the madness.

• Options
    vedder6vedder6 Posts: 86
    I sent a tweet to Matt Cord asking about rumors of new PJ song on Friday.  He liked my tweet, soooo.....
    47 shows and counting.
  • Options

what the heck is "sirius show"?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 894
    Got in car and PJ on radio.... sign? 
    Probably a sign you are on channel 22.
  • Options
    vedder6 said:
    I sent a tweet to Matt Cord asking about rumors of new PJ song on Friday.  He liked my tweet, soooo.....
    hasn't this exact thing happened several times over the last few months?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,670

Ed passes on the wine so there aren’t any lyric flubs. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    edited January 2020

Is this a Sirius question?

https://blog.siriusxm.com/lady-gaga-to-perform-at-the-apollo-for-siriusxm-and-pandora/

https://www.siriusxm.com/U2?desktop=yes

https://www.siriusxm.com/jamestaylorsweeps?desktop=yes

https://www.siriusxm.com/coldplayLA?desktop=yes
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 365
    Wife said she heard on a Hamilton radio station maybe a half hour ago that PJ Tour announcement is coming soon with a date in Hamilton. I asked her for more info and she said it's likely a lead from reading this thread and not really an official announcement.