Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m so glad more and more people are realizing sanders is nothing but pure bs.  
    And Trump is less "pure bs" right?
    Correct
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,542
    edited February 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Correct
    And still the person @mrussel1 and @cincybearcat and @mickeyrat feel the need to oppose and argue against is me.

Interesting.

Enough Is Enough! We've Been Talking about Universal Health Care for 100 Years

https://youtu.be/i8VqVHORBNQ

There was an interview with Steyer after the ABC debate. He comes of as very rational. If his persona and what he says is true. And him Bernie Bro-ing every chance he can even in a debate is endearing. 

Bernie giving it back to Steyer <3

https://youtu.be/7FC94vVG2mU

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:

Bernie seeks to damage his opponent.  You simply don't do that if you want to win in the general. 
    Like this?

Your attacks on Bernie actions in the primary sure is aging like milk :P
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Correct
    You’ve got the hot takes. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

And the Bernie Bros are at it again. Tearing down opposition with bullshit. You know what, no longer do I just dislike bernies platform and how he campaigns. I just dislike him as a person now. High and mighty dirty old bullshitter. 
    This gay rock is the straw that broke the camel’s back?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,820
    mrussel1 said:

Bernie seeks to damage his opponent.  You simply don't do that if you want to win in the general. 
    Like this?

You really fail to comprehend my argument.  Biden is not attacking Pete's character.  He's attacking the experience level of Pete which is in bounds. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Correct
    If you are on of those collecting hot takes, you should read through the thread. You will get hot takes about if McDonalds workers should have livable wages to if working people should have the legal right to vacation.

I've got a pokédex full of hot takes from just being on this board.
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Correct
    If you are on of those collecting hot takes, you should read through the thread. You will get hot takes about if McDonalds workers should have livable wages to if working people should have the legal right to vacation.

I've got a pokédex full of hot takes from just being on this board.
    Time for a beer!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

You really fail to comprehend my argument.  Biden is not attacking Pete's character.  He's attacking the experience level of Pete which is in bounds. 
    Awesome. You got the full rule book for what’s out of bounds and what isn’t?
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

Awesome. You got the full rule book for what’s out of bounds and what isn’t?
    Yeah I got my opinion, which is what I've been sharing the whole time.  Unlike some on this board, I don't believe something subjective like this is infallible.  I also don't think Biden, Pete, Amy or any of them are immune from crossing the line, in my opinion.  My criticism with Bernie is that it's his constant and continuous method.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

And the Bernie Bros are at it again. Tearing down opposition with bullshit. You know what, no longer do I just dislike bernies platform and how he campaigns. I just dislike him as a person now. High and mighty dirty old bullshitter. 
    Please defend this, you being a Pete Pal:

I’m would have to look into more than the Bernie / Russian troll farm posts.

still waiting for you to defend Bernie lying about Warren. 
    He said he did not say it. 

Still waiting for you defending Warrens campaign putting out lies about Bernie?

There you go.

And look into it. I check back tomorrow.
    #believewomen
    Why are you mocking a movement to make... eh... what point exactly?
    I'm mocking your hypocrisy and your re-posting of Bernie Bros bullshit that influences no one here.  Stop wasting your time.  If you want to have a conversation, then have one like a normal humanoid.  If you're going to post bullshit, then expect to be mocked in return.  It's a simple calculus.  
    What is my hypocrisy?
    Evidently you don't actually believe women, since you think Warren's lying.  I'm going with Warren on this one, particularly since Sanders said on stage "can we talk about this after"?  He wasn't upset,, she was because he called her a liar on tv.  Considering the candidate sets the tone for the supporters, and Bernie's supporters are notoriously racist, sexist bullies, it seems like the preponderance of the evidence points to Bernie having said it.  I believe women, you don't.  
    Again, this just shows that you 1) do not understand the movement #believewomen or 2) you are mocking the movement
    I'm pretty sure this shows that I'm mocking you.  
    Pretty certain this will get you some LeFou-cheering from the usual suspects. Maybe that is why you post this nonsense.

I believe you are just uneducated. Because you never answered in what way I am a hypocrite?
    I finished the 8th grade successfully, thank you very much.  One day I'll be as learned as you...or not. And it's le fou.  Or maybe we should put this whole conversation en le four.  

edit - I'm getting rusty.. les fou since it's the all the suspects. 
    No, it's LeFou

Trying to put me down but failing once again?

So, in what way am I a Hypocrite? Or "feeling tounge-tied?" like Freddy says in The Dream Warriors.
    Oh well, le fou is French for idiot.  I didn't know it was a Disney character.  
    I already explained your hypocrisy.  Maybe if you ask again I'll think of a different example. 
    You have not explained my alleged hypocrisy.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,962
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

I agree. 

That was exchange in the debate brought up some serious questions for me.  I liked what Pete said about how times have changed and the whole notion of needing someone with a fresh approach.  This is one of the things I like about Yang the most- he is very in touch with the changing world and has innovative solutions to the looming difficulties we will have in dealing with those changes effectively.  I like that about Pete too.  But I also like Biden's response where he talked about the value of experience and mentioned some of the successes he has been a part of.  Oh to have a candidate that has both a fresh, innovative approach, and enough experience to give voters confidence!  I'm wondering if Amy Klobuchar might fit that way.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

He is mocking Pete. To damage this opponent. Did you even watch the ad? And what has Petes "experience level" to do with firing black officers and firemen? Please move your goalposts all the way to an answer on that.

Berne is shining a light on that Billionaires are cozying up to some candidates like Biden and Pete and he thinks that is not a good thing. Whether it's Pete, Biden or anyone in the race. He would go after Yang for the same thing.

But sure, try to skew it to try to not come off as a hypocrite. Notice me saying "try" twice.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

There you go.

#believewomen
    I'm mocking your hypocrisy and your re-posting of Bernie Bros bullshit that influences no one here.  Stop wasting your time.  If you want to have a conversation, then have one like a normal humanoid.  If you're going to post bullshit, then expect to be mocked in return.  It's a simple calculus.  
    What is my hypocrisy?
    Evidently you don't actually believe women, since you think Warren's lying.  I'm going with Warren on this one, particularly since Sanders said on stage "can we talk about this after"?  He wasn't upset,, she was because he called her a liar on tv.  Considering the candidate sets the tone for the supporters, and Bernie's supporters are notoriously racist, sexist bullies, it seems like the preponderance of the evidence points to Bernie having said it.  I believe women, you don't.  
    Again, this just shows that you 1) do not understand the movement #believewomen or 2) you are mocking the movement
    Pretty certain this will get you some LeFou-cheering from the usual suspects. Maybe that is why you post this nonsense.

I believe you are just uneducated. Because you never answered in what way I am a hypocrite?
    I finished the 8th grade successfully, thank you very much.  One day I'll be as learned as you...or not. And it's le fou.  Or maybe we should put this whole conversation en le four.  

No, it's LeFou

So, in what way am I a Hypocrite? Or "feeling tounge-tied?" like Freddy says in The Dream Warriors.
    I already explained your hypocrisy.  Maybe if you ask again I'll think of a different example. 
    You have not explained my alleged hypocrisy.
    Go back and read it.  You think Warren is a liar when she declared that a sexist comment was made by Bernie.  I believe Warren that Bernie said what he said.  So I'll retract... maybe you're not a hypocrite, maybe you are just being sexist here.  I'm not sure, either way the fact remains that I believe Warren, who is a woman, and you think she's lying.  And both Bernie's body language and Liz's on the stage told me everything I need to know, along with the hot mic.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

He is mocking Pete. To damage this opponent. Did you even watch the ad? And what has Petes "experience level" to do with firing black officers and firemen? Please move your goalposts all the way to an answer on that.

Berne is shining a light on that Billionaires are cozying up to some candidates like Biden and Pete and he thinks that is not a good thing. For Pete, Biden or anyone in the race.

But sure, try to skew it to try to not come off as a hypocrite. Notice me saying "try" twice.

I'm sorry you don't understand the nuances of American politicking.  Honestly, I'm impressed on how much you do know, as a Swede, but this fine line might be culturally too specific.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

There you go.

#believewomen
    Gtfo. 

“So what are people like Tanden, Doyle, and Donegan really saying when they use language previously reserved for victims of sexual abuse and harassment in this context? They're certainly not saying to believe and support sexual assault victims. The concept of womanhood has become abstracted for them, the meaning of the language has been lost. They're actually telling us what type of woman we should believe and in what context, which is exactly what "believe women" and similar language is meant to do away with.

They've turned "believe women" and similar phrases into a caricature of what they were meant to be.”

www.commondreams.org/views/2020/01/15/politics-believing-women%3famp

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

There you go.

#believewomen
    Gtfo. 

“So what are people like Tanden, Doyle, and Donegan really saying when they use language previously reserved for victims of sexual abuse and harassment in this context? They're certainly not saying to believe and support sexual assault victims. The concept of womanhood has become abstracted for them, the meaning of the language has been lost. They're actually telling us what type of woman we should believe and in what context, which is exactly what "believe women" and similar language is meant to do away with.

They've turned "believe women" and similar phrases into a caricature of what they were meant to be.”

Bernie is a sexist.  
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

Berne is shining a light on that Billionaires are cozying up to some candidates like Biden and Pete and he thinks that is not a good thing. For Pete, Biden or anyone in the race.

I'm sorry you don't understand the nuances of American politicking.  Honestly, I'm impressed on how much you do know, as a Swede, but this fine line might be culturally too specific.  
    Oh look, you couldn't argue against it so instead you went in on the "you are not even american"-dig. Are you not also gonna say that I am not eligible to vote in the US election so I shouldn't even be here? Or are you waiting for LeFou to mention it in a catchy song named after you?

Haha. But I take it that you are a hypocrite then. It's okey.  We can move on. Your attack against Bernie in relations to your favorite(s) went sour in less than a day.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

There you go.

#believewomen
    Gtfo. 

Bernie is a sexist.  
    He might well be, but he’s not the one posting sexist shit here. 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

I’m not Swedish and I think you’re being a hypocrite. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

Oh look, you couldn't argue against it so instead you went in on the "you are not even american"-dig. Are you not also gonna say that I am not eligible to vote in the US election so I shouldn't even be here? Or are you waiting for LeFou to mention it in a catchy song named after you?

Haha. But I take it that you are a hypocrite then. It's okey.  We can move on. Your opinion on Bernie went sour in less than a day.
    I've tried to explain the nuances.  Brian gets it.  I'm sure plenty others here understand the line to walk.  If you don't understand it, I'm chalking it up to you not being American culturally, which is a compliment compared to the other alternative.  
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

Maybe I should care what you think...alas I don't.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like this?

Maybe I should care what you think...alas I don't.  
    I’ve noticed. You only care about the people who agree with you. I guess as ceo you can get away with that
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

There you go.

#believewomen
    Gtfo. 

Bernie is a sexist.  
    He might well be, but he’s not the one posting sexist shit here. 

Exactly.
  • Options
    Here is Bernie... oh let me doublecheck this because I am swedish and apparently according to @mrussel1 do not know these "nuances of American politicking"  ... attacking the levels of billionaires cozying up to Pete, which is in bounds.

https://youtu.be/52qDRZGYmW8
  • Options
    Shocking that you don't post Pete's response.  You're a rube and prone to cult-like tendencies.  Six months ago, you made post after post praising Pete, and everyone rolled their eyes at you.  Now you're posting the opposite... and everyone rolls their eyes at you.  
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Good for Amy. I think she was one of the winners last night. Moving towards being my favorite. Yang will have to step aside.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,171
    ecdanc said:

There you go.

I looked briefly and wasn’t disturbed. He seems to say that it’s 2 groups not really against each other. 1 wants safety for AA and other want safety for police officers. 

So you ok with Bernie double down on lying and calling Warren a liar in the process? It’s ok cause she a woman?
    So you are defending the t-shirt then? It is just for "safety for police officers"? I just want that in print if that is the case. That is some damn Pete Pal:ing if true.

I have not seen anything conclusive on him lying at all? Even the Morning Joe people who avoids bringing up Bernie if they can and are big Pete Pals like you are even says it comes off as ludicrous he would be of that opinion.
    No. And from what I read he didn’t “defend” the shirt either. 

I saw Warren reaction to Bernie. I believe her. I’m pretty surprised he doubled down. Liar.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,171
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

There you go.

#believewomen
    What is my hypocrisy?

No, it's LeFou

So he was name calling again. Maybe he will go crying to Kat again about how is some victim. He fits the mold of the Bernie Bros to a T. And like them he won’t vote in the election when sanders doesn’t get nomination.
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.