The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,082
    edited February 2020
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Those phonerecords are Petes tax returns. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Can anyone imagine Bernie ordering up a drone strike?
    Probably not.  Maybe that’s good, maybe not.  Would he order the operation on bin Laden?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    Biden is on the ropes.  NH isn't an issue, but he needs a dominant SC performance and to win some ST states to stay in.  Otherwise he needs to clear the way for Pete. 
    piggybacking your critique:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/politics/biden-buttigieg-attack-ad/index.html

Biden campaign mocks Buttigieg's experience in new attack ad

The ad marks a sharply negative turn as Buttigieg led and Biden finished fourth in Iowa's caucuses on Monday. Titled "Pete's Record" and reported first by CNN, it makes a series of cheeky comparisons between the two candidates -- contrasting Biden's time shepherding major legislation to passage and negotiating international agreements with the smaller challenges facing the mayor of a city of 100,000.

It's the most direct, negative ad aired to date by any leading Democratic presidential contender against a primary rival. The ad reflects a new sense of urgency in Biden's campaign to slow Buttigieg's momentum and cast doubt on his electability and readiness for the presidency. Biden and his aides have said they expect to lose New Hampshire, too -- but his campaign is looking to regain its footing as the race moves to Nevada and South Carolina later this month
    You should email CNN and ask them to change the headline. mrussel was adamant that Biden did not mock Pete, he was just shining a light on their difference in experience. 

You can't trust the newschannels anymore!
    More evidence that you simply do not understand my point.  There's a world of difference between calling someone inexperienced and calling them corrupt.  This isn't difficult. 

This is the most absurd line of attack and the reason Dems usually lose elections

If Pete can’t take the mocking music highlighting the contrast in experience he needs to vacate the race now. And I like Pete.

Because what is waiting for the nominee will be a million times worse. There will be fake videos of Pete having sex. Stories about hiv outbreaks. Wear your mask and wash your hands. It can be a disgusting country but they will be running against republicans who are ordinarily cut throat, and trumps backers are the kings of cut throat.
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    Biden is on the ropes.  NH isn't an issue, but he needs a dominant SC performance and to win some ST states to stay in.  Otherwise he needs to clear the way for Pete. 
    piggybacking your critique:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/politics/biden-buttigieg-attack-ad/index.html

Biden campaign mocks Buttigieg's experience in new attack ad

The ad marks a sharply negative turn as Buttigieg led and Biden finished fourth in Iowa's caucuses on Monday. Titled "Pete's Record" and reported first by CNN, it makes a series of cheeky comparisons between the two candidates -- contrasting Biden's time shepherding major legislation to passage and negotiating international agreements with the smaller challenges facing the mayor of a city of 100,000.

It's the most direct, negative ad aired to date by any leading Democratic presidential contender against a primary rival. The ad reflects a new sense of urgency in Biden's campaign to slow Buttigieg's momentum and cast doubt on his electability and readiness for the presidency. Biden and his aides have said they expect to lose New Hampshire, too -- but his campaign is looking to regain its footing as the race moves to Nevada and South Carolina later this month
    You should email CNN and ask them to change the headline. mrussel was adamant that Biden did not mock Pete, he was just shining a light on their difference in experience. 

You can't trust the newschannels anymore!
    More evidence that you simply do not understand my point.  There's a world of difference between calling someone inexperienced and calling them corrupt.  This isn't difficult. 

This is the most absurd line of attack and the reason Dems usually lose elections

If Pete can’t take the mocking music highlighting the contrast in experience he needs to vacate the race now. And I like Pete.

Because what is waiting for the nominee will be a million times worse. There will be fake videos of Pete having sex. Stories about hiv outbreaks. Wear your mask and wash your hands. It can be a disgusting country but they will be running against republicans who are ordinarily cut throat, and trumps backers are the kings of cut throat.
    What is the line of attack you speak of exactly?

"Wall Street Pete" answers "Remember-Barack?"-Biden:

https://youtu.be/KpKJJ5lbOS8
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Teens for Mayor Pete:

https://www.teens4pete.com/
  • Also, Mayor Pete Platitudes Generator

http://www.mayopete.io/
    Also, Mayor Pete Platitudes Generator

http://www.mayopete.io/
    I saw this yesterday. Spent like 20 minutes on the plane refreshing for new platitudes. Good stuff. 
    edited February 2020
    Here is someone on CNN actually being cleareyed and takes a moment to acknowledge 1) how media unfairly dismisses Bernie  and  2) How Pete is slimey. Don Lemon tries to keep up but without really getting what she is saying, which is a fun

https://youtu.be/I22hTeGKvRM

Here is Cornel West, friend of Pete and his family, saying hell-no to Pete. Funny:

Here is the unifying that everyone says the democratic party needs to win -- against Pete:

edited February 2020
    ecdanc said:
    Like Kurt Cobain said, just because Bernie Bros are paranoid - doesn't mean they're not after you.

I've seen stories about this before. And it's only to my knowledge happening to Sanders. So something must be up. No one fucks up like that, on several occasions. Maybe Chris Matthews is controlling the graphics.

I saw this today, which was a cute error. MAYBE FROM SOME GOD DAMN ANARCHIST INTERN TRYING TO MAKE A POINT

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    spritual get off the god damn boards and go here and let me know how this place is (I believe you said you live in this city):
    The Rover (therover.se)
    If you're looking for cask ale bars in Gothenburg, then this should be your first call. With 32 regularly rotated taps, alongside a selection of 50 bottles, ciders and malts, the focus is largely on the Nordic countries. Groups of ten or more can also book a beer or whisky tasting. Open daily until midnight (01:00 Friday & Saturday).

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

What you wanna know about it? Been there 2-3 times... Last time was with two other swedish Pearl Jam fans.

You can try the place out when Pearl Jams management realises the band should play the westcoast of Sweden and not yet again boring Stockholm. 
    The place looks real cool.  Actually there seems to be a lot of really unique bars in your town.  
    Yeah but you have the Stone Pony.  That's Mecca for me. 
    but Gandolf said to meet at the Prancing Pony
    When in Tampa,  go to the Pink Pony
    Ummmm I’ll stick to cigar city.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

This fracas arises concurrently as Henry Davis Jr., a recently re-elected South Bend city
    councilman with a history of homophobic behavior, attacked Buttigieg in an interview, criticizing the lack of integrated schools in Buttigieg’s county.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/12/scuffle-broke-meeting-black-voters-support-pete-buttigieg/

What’s his motive? 
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

Nice. Wishing the deaths of Americans in New York City. Congrats comrade.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

So only you can make a joke?
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

Where should I want drone strikes?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    spritual get off the god damn boards and go here and let me know how this place is (I believe you said you live in this city):
    The Rover (therover.se)
    If you're looking for cask ale bars in Gothenburg, then this should be your first call. With 32 regularly rotated taps, alongside a selection of 50 bottles, ciders and malts, the focus is largely on the Nordic countries. Groups of ten or more can also book a beer or whisky tasting. Open daily until midnight (01:00 Friday & Saturday).

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

What you wanna know about it? Been there 2-3 times... Last time was with two other swedish Pearl Jam fans.

You can try the place out when Pearl Jams management realises the band should play the westcoast of Sweden and not yet again boring Stockholm. 
    The place looks real cool.  Actually there seems to be a lot of really unique bars in your town.  
    Yeah but you have the Stone Pony.  That's Mecca for me. 
    but Gandolf said to meet at the Prancing Pony
    When in Tampa,  go to the Pink Pony
    Ummmm I’ll stick to cigar city.
    You elitists only go to Mons
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

So only you can make a joke?
    And here’s diggin!!!

I was joking comrade.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I appreciate Klobuchar's connection to the agricultural community, her understanding of their needs. Her campaign page on climate -- https://amyklobuchar.com/issue/climate/ -- states the impact of climate change on our food system. I wish she would take it one stage further and state that our food system impacts climate change, but I don't think America is ready for that. We need to change our food system, and in a hurry, if we are to make any progress toward stabilizing global warming. 
    I'm going to see how she does in New Hampshire before I donate to her campaign. Not throwing money at a candidate who drops out a week after I donate. But I do still have hopes for her. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

Replace town with country. 
    And Elm Street with "cool bar".

Down in central Europe the bars should be better and the beer cheaper. But nothing stops us from taking a beer or two up here though.

I thought you listed another bar first though, which is famous for its beer sortiment and I had a friend who always took her tinder dates there because it was located a bit "off" and she didn't have to run into people she knew:

Ölrepubliken is a mix between a pub and restaurant with a focus on quality beer and good food. The beer selection is large with about 30 different varieties on tap and in the fridge there are another 200 to choose from. Also a wide range of whiskey.

ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

Putin’s house? Terrorist camps? 

I can think of others but since you are taking my response seriously I won’t mention them, cause some Americans would be there ;) 
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

I can think of others but since you are taking my response seriously I won’t mention them, cause some Americans would be there ;) 
    Just making it clear who we're allowed to wish death on.....
    I appreciate Klobuchar's connection to the agricultural community, her understanding of their needs. Her campaign page on climate -- https://amyklobuchar.com/issue/climate/ -- states the impact of climate change on our food system. I wish she would take it one stage further and state that our food system impacts climate change, but I don't think America is ready for that. We need to change our food system, and in a hurry, if we are to make any progress toward stabilizing global warming. 
    I'm going to see how she does in New Hampshire before I donate to her campaign. Not throwing money at a candidate who drops out a week after I donate. But I do still have hopes for her. 
    Yeah this is where I start to feel bad about myself. Like Amy, don’t donate cause I’m afraid it’s wasted $...but if I don’t donate I’m not helping....such a tough decision when you want to have the most impact for whatever you are willing to give. And giving to a political campaign always feels a little wasteful to me anyhow. Better charities ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

If you are a better person then me, no one ;)

Dude it was a joke, lighten up Boris.
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

If you are a better person then me, no one ;)

Dude it was a joke, lighten up Boris.
    *than
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,145
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

No one? Is that too much to ask?
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

It's a conversation about drone strikes....so it might be. 
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Yes. Of Wall Street. ;)

It's a conversation about drone strikes....so it might be. 
    Just to be clear: I don't support ANY drone strikes by the US government. So, I've got a pretty strong anti-death stance on that front. 
This discussion has been closed.