Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    ecdanc said:

And the Bernie Bros are at it again. Tearing down opposition with bullshit. You know what, no longer do I just dislike bernies platform and how he campaigns. I just dislike him as a person now. High and mighty dirty old bullshitter. 
    Please defend this, you being a Pete Pal:

I’m would have to look into more than the Bernie / Russian troll farm posts.

still waiting for you to defend Bernie lying about Warren. 
    He said he did not say it. 

Still waiting for you defending Warrens campaign putting out lies about Bernie?

There you go.

And look into it. I check back tomorrow.
    I looked briefly and wasn’t disturbed. He seems to say that it’s 2 groups not really against each other. 1 wants safety for AA and other want safety for police officers. 

So you ok with Bernie double down on lying and calling Warren a liar in the process? It’s ok cause she a woman?
    So you are defending the t-shirt then? It is just for "safety for police officers"? I just want that in print if that is the case. That is some damn Pete Pal:ing if true.

I have not seen anything conclusive on him lying at all? Even the Morning Joe people who avoids bringing up Bernie if they can and are big Pete Pals like you are even says it comes off as ludicrous he would be of that opinion.
    No. And from what I read he didn’t “defend” the shirt either. 

I saw Warren reaction to Bernie. I believe her. I’m pretty surprised he doubled down. Liar.
    With you being kind of reasonable most of the time, and we both being on the right side of history regarding the tenclub singles (but not about Pete not having the guts to stand up to his racist police force) --

-- I don't know if Bernie said it (from the POV of going up against the sexist Trump) and is now denying it because how much he would explain himself it would sink him. Or if Bernie said, what he explained it as I seem to remember that it would be way harder for a woman against Trump -- and that Elizabeth Warren interpreted it as him saying it was impossible. Bernie has though not have had any problems saying Hillary won against Trump. And his record shows no sexism that I know of. 

But obviously Pete Pals and Biden Brats have to try to weaponize it against a person who's politics are to a large extent aimed to help women. Who has lift up the topic of the absurdity of how expensive giving birth is in the US versus other major countries or maternal mortality -- Bernie or Biden?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    James Carville is the man (side note, have to look up Michael Bennet):
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/politics/carville-democrats-mistake/index.html

At the heart of Carville's critique is the party's embrace of, in his words, extreme liberal positions like "people voting from jail cells. ... We're talking about not having a border." 

"Bernie Sanders isn't a Democrat," Carville, who has endorsed the long-shot presidential bid of Colorado's Sen. Michael Bennet, told Vox in an interview that ran Friday. "He's never been a Democrat. He's an ideologue."
    (That sentiment echoes the critique of Sanders offered recently by Hillary Clinton: "Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it.")
    Are Democrats about purity or pragmatism? Or, in Carville's words:
    "The real argument here is that some people think there's a real yearning for a left-wing revolution in this country, and if we just appeal to the people who feel that, we'll grow and excite them and we'll win. But there's a word a lot of people hate that I love: politics. It means building coalitions to win elections. It means sometimes having to sit back and listen to what people think and framing your message accordingly."
    The Point: You may not like Carville -- or the blunt way he expresses himself. But he's not wrong. Democrats are at a fork in the road, with two very different paths before them. What path they choose could well determine their chances not just in 2020 but well beyond.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,542
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

And the Bernie Bros are at it again. Tearing down opposition with bullshit. You know what, no longer do I just dislike bernies platform and how he campaigns. I just dislike him as a person now. High and mighty dirty old bullshitter. 

There you go.

#believewomen
    Why are you mocking a movement to make... eh... what point exactly?
    I'm mocking your hypocrisy and your re-posting of Bernie Bros bullshit that influences no one here.  Stop wasting your time.  If you want to have a conversation, then have one like a normal humanoid.  If you're going to post bullshit, then expect to be mocked in return.  It's a simple calculus.  
    What is my hypocrisy?
    Evidently you don't actually believe women, since you think Warren's lying.  I'm going with Warren on this one, particularly since Sanders said on stage "can we talk about this after"?  He wasn't upset,, she was because he called her a liar on tv.  Considering the candidate sets the tone for the supporters, and Bernie's supporters are notoriously racist, sexist bullies, it seems like the preponderance of the evidence points to Bernie having said it.  I believe women, you don't.  
    Again, this just shows that you 1) do not understand the movement #believewomen or 2) you are mocking the movement
    I'm pretty sure this shows that I'm mocking you.  
    Pretty certain this will get you some LeFou-cheering from the usual suspects. Maybe that is why you post this nonsense.

I believe you are just uneducated. Because you never answered in what way I am a hypocrite?
    I finished the 8th grade successfully, thank you very much.  One day I'll be as learned as you...or not. And it's le fou.  Or maybe we should put this whole conversation en le four.  

edit - I'm getting rusty.. les fou since it's the all the suspects. 
    No, it's LeFou

Trying to put me down but failing once again?

So, in what way am I a Hypocrite? Or "feeling tounge-tied?" like Freddy says in The Dream Warriors.
    Oh well, le fou is French for idiot.  I didn't know it was a Disney character.  
    I already explained your hypocrisy.  Maybe if you ask again I'll think of a different example. 
    So he was name calling again. Maybe he will go crying to Kat again about how is some victim. He fits the mold of the Bernie Bros to a T. And like them he won’t vote in the election when sanders doesn’t get nomination.
    In what way was I name calling? Who have I called names? Please tell me.

Or are you fabricating narratives ?

Because that is unnecessary and doesn't do any good. And to actually be honest and level for a moment, it is extra important to me that people do not throw around things like that - being in this state of "probation" and right now with restrictions because of how a moderator interpreted posts by me, which I have questioned and asked for a clarifying on - because of the ruling being labeled with an intent that was non-existing and the description clearly shows (to me) to having interpreted the posts wrong. Which is human. But have serious ramifications for me. So I do not want to be banned from here because of a moderator reading your post to hastily and comes to a hasted decision.

I don't want to leave this place. Not AMT or the board. I don't want to have to join Red Mosquito or live the facebook life.

And I have not name called anyone.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,820
    ecdanc said:
    Biden is on the ropes.  NH isn't an issue, but he needs a dominant SC performance and to win some ST states to stay in.  Otherwise he needs to clear the way for Pete. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

There you go.

#believewomen
    I'm mocking your hypocrisy and your re-posting of Bernie Bros bullshit that influences no one here.  Stop wasting your time.  If you want to have a conversation, then have one like a normal humanoid.  If you're going to post bullshit, then expect to be mocked in return.  It's a simple calculus.  
    What is my hypocrisy?
    Evidently you don't actually believe women, since you think Warren's lying.  I'm going with Warren on this one, particularly since Sanders said on stage "can we talk about this after"?  He wasn't upset,, she was because he called her a liar on tv.  Considering the candidate sets the tone for the supporters, and Bernie's supporters are notoriously racist, sexist bullies, it seems like the preponderance of the evidence points to Bernie having said it.  I believe women, you don't.  
    Again, this just shows that you 1) do not understand the movement #believewomen or 2) you are mocking the movement
    Pretty certain this will get you some LeFou-cheering from the usual suspects. Maybe that is why you post this nonsense.

I believe you are just uneducated. Because you never answered in what way I am a hypocrite?
    I finished the 8th grade successfully, thank you very much.  One day I'll be as learned as you...or not. And it's le fou.  Or maybe we should put this whole conversation en le four.  

No, it's LeFou

So, in what way am I a Hypocrite? Or "feeling tounge-tied?" like Freddy says in The Dream Warriors.
    I already explained your hypocrisy.  Maybe if you ask again I'll think of a different example. 
    So he was name calling again. Maybe he will go crying to Kat again about how is some victim. He fits the mold of the Bernie Bros to a T. And like them he won’t vote in the election when sanders doesn’t get nomination.

Because that is unnecessary and doesn't do any good. And to actually be honest and level for a second, it is extra important to me that people do not throw around things like that - being in this state of "probation" and right now with restrictions because of how a moderator interpreted posts by me, which I have questioned and asked for a clarifying on that ruling- because of the ruling being based on an intent that was non-existing and to me, shows to having interpret the posts wrong. So I do not want to be banned from here if a moderator reads your post to hastily and comes to a hasted decision. Or reads my post "wrong". 

I don't want to leave this place. Not AMT or the board. 

I don't think you should be banned.  
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    Biden is on the ropes.  NH isn't an issue, but he needs a dominant SC performance and to win some ST states to stay in.  Otherwise he needs to clear the way for Pete. 
    piggybacking your critique:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/politics/biden-buttigieg-attack-ad/index.html

Biden campaign mocks Buttigieg's experience in new attack ad

The ad marks a sharply negative turn as Buttigieg led and Biden finished fourth in Iowa's caucuses on Monday. Titled "Pete's Record" and reported first by CNN, it makes a series of cheeky comparisons between the two candidates -- contrasting Biden's time shepherding major legislation to passage and negotiating international agreements with the smaller challenges facing the mayor of a city of 100,000.

It's the most direct, negative ad aired to date by any leading Democratic presidential contender against a primary rival. The ad reflects a new sense of urgency in Biden's campaign to slow Buttigieg's momentum and cast doubt on his electability and readiness for the presidency. Biden and his aides have said they expect to lose New Hampshire, too -- but his campaign is looking to regain its footing as the race moves to Nevada and South Carolina later this month

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

The ad marks a sharply negative turn as Buttigieg led and Biden finished fourth in Iowa's caucuses on Monday. Titled "Pete's Record" and reported first by CNN, it makes a series of cheeky comparisons between the two candidates -- contrasting Biden's time shepherding major legislation to passage and negotiating international agreements with the smaller challenges facing the mayor of a city of 100,000.

It's the most direct, negative ad aired to date by any leading Democratic presidential contender against a primary rival. The ad reflects a new sense of urgency in Biden's campaign to slow Buttigieg's momentum and cast doubt on his electability and readiness for the presidency. Biden and his aides have said they expect to lose New Hampshire, too -- but his campaign is looking to regain its footing as the race moves to Nevada and South Carolina later this month
    You should email CNN and ask them to change the headline. mrussel was adamant that Biden did not mock Pete, he was just shining a light on their difference in experience. 

You can't trust the newschannels anymore!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

You should email CNN and ask them to change the headline. mrussel was adamant that Biden did not mock Pete, he was just shining a light on their difference in experience. 

More evidence that you simply do not understand my point.  There's a world of difference between calling someone inexperienced and calling them corrupt.  This isn't difficult. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I wonder what Steyer is doing. It didn't sound yesterday like he talked about himself as a choice to be president in the debate. He used the podium to puff up the other candidates and assure they were better than Trump and agreed with Bernie (for some reason) and attacked Biden. 

Almost - but obviously not true - sounds like Steyer is all in on SC to crash Bidens campaign, more than becoming president himself. Maybe he believes Biden is not the right choice, and he tries to make all he can to change it before dropping out.

Steyer should use his money and resources and character (if he truly has one) to work with a candidate (Whoever he sees fit if not Biden) instead of competing. His heart beating for climate change and his sound advice to talk about the real issues and not "whos health care plan is the best because they are all pretty good" (paraphrasing) could maybe help the road to the presidency. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,378
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

I'll note the headline directly says mocked his, wait for it, EXPERIENCE.

mrussel1's point being
    experience, in bound

character, out of bounds.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

More evidence that you simply do not understand my point.  There's a world of difference between calling someone inexperienced and calling them corrupt.  This isn't difficult. 
    You are making up rules that turn your argument into a game of twister.

Having billionaires from the pharmaceutical industry etc behind you obviously give reason for suspicion in the country of USA. Lobbyism, super PACS and money corrupting Washington isn't new to anyone - not even to me who's swedish.

But more importantly -- seperating yourself who has built a strong grassroots movement from the candidates who the elite pick is not in any way wrong or worse than saying "look at pete, he fired people who were black". 

I happen to believe, the argument really is "Bernie does it. So it must be wrong". And it was highlighted when both Pete and Biden did similar things (Biden even worse who openly mocked someone). But you feel you can not go back. So you dig.

I happen to believe, it would be better if you just felt that: 

https://youtu.be/F6m_Ibx0SrU

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

mrussel1's point being
    experience, in bound

You should also listen to Ace Frehleys cover of "I wanna go back".
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

mrussel1's point being
    experience, in bound

A below average musician covering an average song from a coked up 80's average rocker.  
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    spritual get off the god damn boards and go here and let me know how this place is (I believe you said you live in this city):
    The Rover (therover.se)
    If you're looking for cask ale bars in Gothenburg, then this should be your first call. With 32 regularly rotated taps, alongside a selection of 50 bottles, ciders and malts, the focus is largely on the Nordic countries. Groups of ten or more can also book a beer or whisky tasting. Open daily until midnight (01:00 Friday & Saturday).

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    spritual get off the god damn boards and go here and let me know how this place is (I believe you said you live in this city):
    The Rover (therover.se)
    If you're looking for cask ale bars in Gothenburg, then this should be your first call. With 32 regularly rotated taps, alongside a selection of 50 bottles, ciders and malts, the focus is largely on the Nordic countries. Groups of ten or more can also book a beer or whisky tasting. Open daily until midnight (01:00 Friday & Saturday).

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

What you wanna know about it? Been there 2-3 times... Last time was with two other swedish Pearl Jam fans.

You can try the place out when Pearl Jams management realises the band should play the westcoast of Sweden and not yet again boring Stockholm. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,170
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

Sounds terrific!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,170
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

There you go.

#believewomen
    What is my hypocrisy?

No, it's LeFou

Because that is unnecessary and doesn't do any good. And to actually be honest and level for a moment, it is extra important to me that people do not throw around things like that - being in this state of "probation" and right now with restrictions because of how a moderator interpreted posts by me, which I have questioned and asked for a clarifying on - because of the ruling being labeled with an intent that was non-existing and the description clearly shows (to me) to having interpreted the posts wrong. Which is human. But have serious ramifications for me. So I do not want to be banned from here because of a moderator reading your post to hastily and comes to a hasted decision.

I don't want to leave this place. Not AMT or the board. I don't want to have to join Red Mosquito or live the facebook life.

You know, I’ll apologize cause clearly you are distraught about it. And you already know my feelings about most of the bans.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

What you wanna know about it? Been there 2-3 times... Last time was with two other swedish Pearl Jam fans.

You can try the place out when Pearl Jams management realises the band should play the westcoast of Sweden and not yet again boring Stockholm. 
    The place looks real cool.  Actually there seems to be a lot of really unique bars in your town.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

The place looks real cool.  Actually there seems to be a lot of really unique bars in your town.  
    Yeah but you have the Stone Pony.  That's Mecca for me. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

Give me the word and I ll meet you there. I must have been to the pony close to fifty times.    
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

but Gandolf said to meet at the Prancing Pony
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

but Gandolf said to meet at the Prancing Pony
    When in Tampa,  go to the Pink Pony
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

Give me the word and I ll meet you there. I must have been to the pony close to fifty times.    
    Maybe the Asbury festival? I might go although Jazz Fest is locked in for me so that might be it for this year.  Im 50/50 for MSG but locked in for Baltimore. You?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

Maybe the Asbury festival? I might go although Jazz Fest is locked in for me so that might be it for this year.  Im 50/50 for MSG but locked in for Baltimore. You?
    quebec city and msg for sure.   I'm seeing sebastian maniscalco the same night as baltimore.  you won't be able to get near the pony for the asbury festival, that place will be packed.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

quebec city and msg for sure.   I'm seeing sebastian maniscalco the same night as baltimore.  you won't be able to get near the pony for the asbury festival, that place will be packed.  
    Can I at least get some ice cream from the Tenth Avenue Freeze Out?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

Are you a big Bruce fan?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rover (therover.se)

Second Långgatan 12

413 28 Gothenburg

Are you a big Bruce fan?
    Huge
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,378
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:

mrussel1's point being
    experience, in bound

A below average musician covering an average song from a coked up 80's average rocker.  
    ran across the frehley solo that they each  did that time , last week when record hunting. for someone else I got a very good to nm copy of Animalize and good to vg copy of Alive II.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Can anyone imagine Bernie ordering up a drone strike?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,958
    Can anyone imagine Bernie ordering up a drone strike?

Sure.

Bernie: "I'd like a drone strike over i rack of lamb with a side of dick taters and catsup."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.