Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,847
    I think Bernie and Bidens fear of Pete will push him even further into the spotlight. And Pete will act and look like the winner after tonights debate. He will also seriously threaten Bernie in NH. Bernie will underperform, and Pete overperform.

The dream of Bernie and the decency of social democracy is over.
    I feel like you kind of overreact as a general rule.  
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Oh please. There’s get shot and killed in school as a second grader violence that equals I got screwed on my taxes because Team Trump Treason got elected violence? Voting = violence, this country is really fucked.
    I'm not convinced "violence" is the right word...but I understand it.

That said, if everything works well, majority rule doesn't always hold form.  We didn't end slavery on a majority popular vote (it would have failed, particularly if the individual states had their own choice.  One high-profile example that the right thing can be done despite a likely majority being against it.  Admittedly it puts a lot of trust into people who have conflicts of interest between themselves and the public good.
    And therein lies the everlasting challenge of democracy, how do you have majority rule while protecting the rights of the minority?
    Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    Can you name one perfect political system for a society, including the anarcho-communism, that’s perfect in practice?  ;)
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,417
    mrussel1 said:

CAMPAIGN 2020: BERNIE SANDERS rips PETE BUTTIGIEG ties to billionaires in fiery NEW HAMPSHIRE speech

THE HEAT IS ON!

This is the very thing we were discussing earlier.  Bernie doesn't seek to win on the merits of his position, he seeks to denigrate and disparage his opponents' motives.  This is why his supporters are Bernie or Bust, because Bernie himself damages the opponent who is basically on his team.  
    Pete is a lifelong Independent?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

CAMPAIGN 2020: BERNIE SANDERS rips PETE BUTTIGIEG ties to billionaires in fiery NEW HAMPSHIRE speech

THE HEAT IS ON!

This is the very thing we were discussing earlier.  Bernie doesn't seek to win on the merits of his position, he seeks to denigrate and disparage his opponents' motives.  This is why his supporters are Bernie or Bust, because Bernie himself damages the opponent who is basically on his team.  
    Pete is a lifelong Independent?
    Well..every four years... 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Oh please. There’s get shot and killed in school as a second grader violence that equals I got screwed on my taxes because Team Trump Treason got elected violence? Voting = violence, this country is really fucked.

That said, if everything works well, majority rule doesn't always hold form.  We didn't end slavery on a majority popular vote (it would have failed, particularly if the individual states had their own choice.  One high-profile example that the right thing can be done despite a likely majority being against it.  Admittedly it puts a lot of trust into people who have conflicts of interest between themselves and the public good.
    And therein lies the everlasting challenge of democracy, how do you have majority rule while protecting the rights of the minority?
    Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    Can you name one perfect political system for a society, including the anarcho-communism, that’s perfect in practice?  ;)
    I'm going to research like a mo fo and on Monday have a full 84 minute lesson on the positive and negatives aspects of anarcho-communism.  My 6th graders are going to be pumped!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    I'm going to research like a mo fo and on Monday have a full 84 minute lesson on the positive and negatives aspects of anarcho-communism.  My 6th graders are going to be pumped!!!
    and you would subject them to the torturous ramblings we endure here?
    gonna have to find a way to play them Another Brick in the Wall....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    and you would subject them to the torturous ramblings we endure here?
    gonna have to find a way to play them Another Brick in the Wall....

I learned something very sad recently when I was watching Roger Waters Wall performance from 2014.  Everyone knows his father died in the war when Roger was an infant.  But his grandfather died in France during WWI when Roger's father was an infant.  That is incredibly sad.  Anyway, carry on.  
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    If this were four years ago, you'd get some very angry parents (if you stated any positives, that is)...maybe even fired?  Now...possibly executed.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    If this were four years ago, you'd get some very angry parents (if you stated any positives, that is)...maybe even fired?  Now...possibly executed.
    It is so sad because our department agreed to not even talk politics anymore.  It just isn’t worth it. I show ten minutes of the news everyday and that is it. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    It is so sad because our department agreed to not even talk politics anymore.  It just isn’t worth it. I show ten minutes of the news everyday and that is it. 

domestic news only or world events as well?

what sources do you use? just curious.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎

Both. https://www.cnn.com/cnn10
    Just objective news, no bias.  
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    The Bill of Rights was designed to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.  That's straight from the Federalist Papers and Montesquieu.    
    Good thing minorities had it so well in the 1780s. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    Do you mean to imply democracy is perfect in theory?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎

why not pbs?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    The Bill of Rights was designed to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.  That's straight from the Federalist Papers and Montesquieu.    
    You think you're clever but it comes off more like a lame joke. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎

why not pbs?
    Does pbs air a ten minute news segment intended for middle and high school students?

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    Lots of drool on the desks after they fall asleep. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    Am I wrong?
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    Am I wrong?
    Yes considering the concept was about religious and voting minorities. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    Tell them about Alexander Berkman trying to kill Henry Clay Frick. It’s a great story!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    naptime in 6th grade?

damn these kids got it good.

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    Tell them about Alexander Berkman trying to kill Henry Clay Frick. It’s a great story!
    Haha!!  Political assassination attempts are just hilarious!
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    naptime in 6th grade?

No way they stay awake during an 84 minute lesson on anarchic communism. God I just noticed my eyes closed as I was typing those words.  Holy boring. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    naptime in 6th grade?

No way they stay awake during an 84 minute lesson on anarchic communism. God I just noticed my eyes closed as I was typing those words.  Holy boring. 
    Im sure some hippies pulled it off successfully for a few weeks, until their parents money ran out and they couldn't buy outside supplies. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    Am I wrong?
    Yes considering the concept was about religious and voting minorities. 
    Your defense is “they weren’t trying to help those other people?” Interesting approach

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    Honestly,  how do you idolize that woman? 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    Haha!!  Political assassination attempts are just hilarious!
    This one is pretty funny. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    Which woman?
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    OnWis97 said:

Can you?
    Yes. Is it perfect? No.
    So, no. 😎
    *drool*
    Which woman?
    Emma Goldman.  She was part of that plot. 
This discussion has been closed.