The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    russians?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    the anticipated pre-poll canceled.  now the results postponed. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,750
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    they forget how to use the phone?
    to me this should require a change in who is first. not the first time theres an issue.

new system for reporting. how many times was it tested, etc....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,623
    edited February 2020
    Gee, I wonder why shit like this never happened back in the first years I was eligible to vote?

DOH!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    This is sure to wind up people in the rightwingosphere.....

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,085
    edited February 2020
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    For those scoring at home,  here's how it stands.  Looks to be a tight one. 

Hmmmmmmmm. Deceptively edited out Yang at 100%....

LOL, Yang for the win!
    Yang ain’t doing well. And apparently at the place a friend is at they won’t go to another candidate. So dumb. Bernie-esque douchebagery
    Less Hillary-people voted for Obama, than Bernie-buddies voted for Hillary.

Fabricated narrative. Whatever polls say. Bernie-besties value democracy. Almost too much. Or maybe not. And you are correct.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    This better be the last Iowa Caucus, and they better not go first anymore

this is a complete  embarrassment to the Democratic Party and gives  trump cannon fodder 
    This better be the last Iowa Caucus, and they better not go first anymore

this is a complete  embarrassment to the Democratic Party and gives  trump cannon fodder 
    agree. fuck NH too. super tuesday first.  

• What happened in Iowa? In one sentence? Voting didn't work as planned?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    For those scoring at home,  here's how it stands.  Looks to be a tight one. 

Hmmmmmmmm. Deceptively edited out Yang at 100%....

LOL, Yang for the win!
    Yang ain’t doing well. And apparently at the place a friend is at they won’t go to another candidate. So dumb. Bernie-esque douchebagery
    Who else isn’t viable at the location?  
    Sorry, didn’t see this before I slept. 

This was in eastern Iowa. Biden did terrible and wasn’t viable. Bernie didn’t make cut but only needed a couple of people and I believe they got them to be viable. Warren and Pete did the best and Amy was 3rd. At 1 location.

the other had a strong Bernie presence. Then Pete and Warren.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    What happened in Iowa? In one sentence? Voting didn't work as planned?
    They developed a new reporting app that didn't work. Chaos ensues.
  • HAHA! 

THE LAST THING SAID HERE.

COME ON PEOPLE. If that doesn't bring you over - than are you really human?

https://youtu.be/30cneQiSE94
    pjl44 said:
    They developed a new reporting app that didn't work. Chaos ensues.
    Honestly I have no idea what the huge deal is. Reporting happened, some issues, they are looking back at the hard votes and data to ensure they get it right. Just cause you don’t get the info instantaneously doesn’t mean it’s bad.

hippiemom = goodness
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    edited February 2020
    HAHA! 

Doesn't bring me over. It's enough for you to have Sanders say what he's not, who he is, and articulate no plan on how to get there. It's really not that complicated: if you can share a compelling reason why a person should feel that Bernie Sanders' ideas, based on Bernie Sanders' rhetoric, vision, and approaches, will have a shot in hell at getting an idea formed into a law in this polarized environment, where every tiptoe towards the left is weaponized by Republicans (and even some Democrats) in an instance, and where all Republican lawmakers are immediately united in opposing progress like that, then I would consider supporting Bernie Sanders. 

Also, I don't appreciate you calling anyone on here subhuman for not supporting your candidate. That's pretty ish of you.
    Post edited by Kat on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited February 2020
    benjs said:
    HAHA! 

Doesn't bring me over. It's enough for you to have Sanders say what he's not, who he is, and articulate no plan on how to get there. It's really not that complicated: if you can share a compelling reason why a person should feel that Bernie Sanders' ideas, based on Bernie Sanders' rhetoric, vision, and approaches, will have a shot in hell at getting an idea formed into a law in this polarized environment, where every tiptoe towards the left is weaponized by Republicans (and even some Democrats) in an instance, and where all Republican lawmakers are immediately united in opposing progress like that, then I would consider supporting Bernie Sanders. 

Also, I don't appreciate you calling anyone on here subhuman for not supporting your candidate. That's pretty ish of you.
    Could be suprahuman. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    edited February 2020
    benjs said:
    HAHA! 

Also, I don't appreciate you calling anyone on here subhuman for not supporting your candidate. That's pretty dickish of you.
    It was a very apparent joke. His last thing said is namedropping A Nightmare on Elm Street. I do understand that would not bring you over. I also do understand no one in here being brought over by a candidate mentioning a horror movie from the 80s. There lies the joke.

I did not anticipate the risk of that flowing over anyones head. 

You don't need to appreciate "calling anyone subhuman" because I did not - because it was an apparent joke -- The last thing said was namderopping a (fantastic) slasher movie from 1984. 

But I am sorry, if you misinterpreted it.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    ecdanc said:
    benjs said:
    HAHA! 

Also, I don't appreciate you calling anyone on here subhuman for not supporting your candidate. That's pretty dickish of you.
    Could be suprahuman. 
    Unless context matters to you.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    HAHA! 

It was a very apparent joke. His last thing said is namedropping A Nightmare on Elm Street. I do understand that would not bring you over. I also do understand not being brought over by a candidate mentioning a horror movie from the 80s. There lies the joke.

I do not understand how there would be a risk of that flowing over someones head. 

You don't need to appreciate "calling anyone subhuman" because I did not - because it was an apparent joke -- The last thing said was namderopping a slasher movie from 1984. 

Extremely sorry, SC. My hearing isn't so great and I completely missed that at the end! Apologize for my dickishness here. 

EV
    edited February 2020
    (Problem post removed)
    All votes are counted properly. Media everywhere. Paper trail. This will be accurate when reported and not reported till accurate. I know a Fox News fan wouldn’t understand that. 

Post edited by Kat on
    hippiemom = goodness
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    benjs said:
    ecdanc said:
    benjs said:
    HAHA! 

Could be suprahuman. 
    I thought your last line was a joke, so I made one back. If not, apologies: back to the self-seriousness. 
    ecdanc said:
    benjs said:
    ecdanc said:
    benjs said:
    HAHA! 

Could be suprahuman. 
    I thought your last line was a joke, so I made one back. If not, apologies: back to the self-seriousness. 
    It was serious and in error - was my bad, so my apologies to you and SC. 

EV
    edited February 2020
    (Problem post removed)
    Is there a GOP nickname repository/contest you could submit this one to? It's really clever.
    Post edited by Kat on

EV
    edited February 2020
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    HAHA! 

It was a very apparent joke. His last thing said is namedropping A Nightmare on Elm Street. I do understand that would not bring you over. I also do understand not being brought over by a candidate mentioning a horror movie from the 80s. There lies the joke.

I do not understand how there would be a risk of that flowing over someones head. 

You don't need to appreciate "calling anyone subhuman" because I did not - because it was an apparent joke -- The last thing said was namderopping a slasher movie from 1984. 

Extremely sorry, SC. My hearing isn't so great and I completely missed that at the end! Apologize for my dickishness here. 

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Vlad.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    There was a clear winner in Iowa: Donald Trump.  In a country that exists in his image, the opposition is so out of sorts, divided, and disorganized, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins every state this November.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97 said:
    There was a clear winner in Iowa: Donald Trump.  In a country that exists in his image, the opposition is so out of sorts, divided, and disorganized, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins every state this November.
    Couldn't agree more, unfortunately.  The appearance of incompetence, and / or corruption in the "Democratic" process is gonna stick. 😫
    OnWis97 said:
    What makes you think this? Because counting votes is taking longer? I’m just amazed at the media’s move here and those that seem to be following.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    This will be forgotten by next week.
This discussion has been closed.