The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• I drank Gin & Tonics yesterday at:

FITTING

15 bucks a pop. No lemon or cucumber included.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

Scotch is bad for your liver
    Shut your lying mouth.
    BTW, is it true that brown liquor is worse than clear?  I always thought it to be, but maybe that's just a rumor... like Mikey and pop rocks. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Ugh. I think Joe just got banana brain re-elected.

So you and these twitter users have taken these young ladies' agency, and determined how they feel about these events?  How very paternalistic of you.  

M- I was referring to Joe  kissing his granddaughter on the lips full on.

Isnt that gonna creep out swing state voters?
    I sometimes kiss my daughter on the lips.  I don't have a grand daughter, so I can't say if that will continue when that day comes.  Considering the last round of this smear six months ago didn't really hurt him, I don't think this will either.  My point was to SC who posts this crap all the time, and it's a serious one.  Who are these twitter users (or him) to decide if any of this is wrong or gross?  If the women are fine, then nothing inappropriate happened.  How do we know that right before that video with the graduate she didn't say.. can you kiss my cheek?  We don't.  The way these twitter douchers spam this is absolutely paternalistic. 

And to your point, what does 'full on' mean?  It's a photo.  Again, if you used stop action photography and froze my kiss to one of my daughters, it would look like that.  It's not like they are frenching. 
    Plenty of women Biden touches aren't fine with it. https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/joe-biden-accuser-accusations-allegations.html
    And since that dust up in the summer, Biden has said he will be mindful that the environment has changed.  And I have not seen anyone lodge a complaint.  So how about these twitter fucks speak for themselves only, and not for his granddaughter or the young lady with the cap and gown.  Unless you and these others think that they are too weak to speak for how they feel.  Then you can step in and play dad for them.  
    Hahahaha dying on the Joe Biden isn't a creep despite a lot of video evidence hill again are we?

Look - it won;t matter in the general election as he is less creepy than Trump...but that creepiness sure bothers me enough to drop him to .... maybe 4th on my list?  But I'm not the Dem primary target audience so we will see how much my opinion and those like me actually matters anyhow ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

So you and these twitter users have taken these young ladies' agency, and determined how they feel about these events?  How very paternalistic of you.  

I sometimes kiss my daughter on the lips.  I don't have a grand daughter, so I can't say if that will continue when that day comes.  Considering the last round of this smear six months ago didn't really hurt him, I don't think this will either.  My point was to SC who posts this crap all the time, and it's a serious one.  Who are these twitter users (or him) to decide if any of this is wrong or gross?  If the women are fine, then nothing inappropriate happened.  How do we know that right before that video with the graduate she didn't say.. can you kiss my cheek?  We don't.  The way these twitter douchers spam this is absolutely paternalistic. 

And to your point, what does 'full on' mean?  It's a photo.  Again, if you used stop action photography and froze my kiss to one of my daughters, it would look like that.  It's not like they are frenching. 
    Plenty of women Biden touches aren't fine with it. https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/joe-biden-accuser-accusations-allegations.html
    And since that dust up in the summer, Biden has said he will be mindful that the environment has changed.  And I have not seen anyone lodge a complaint.  So how about these twitter fucks speak for themselves only, and not for his granddaughter or the young lady with the cap and gown.  Unless you and these others think that they are too weak to speak for how they feel.  Then you can step in and play dad for them.  
    Hahahaha dying on the Joe Biden isn't a creep despite a lot of video evidence hill again are we?

Look - it won;t matter in the general election as he is less creepy than Trump...but that creepiness sure bothers me enough to drop him to .... maybe 4th on my list?  But I'm not the Dem primary target audience so we will see how much my opinion and those like me actually matters anyhow ;)
    And you're still dying on the vine of being able to ascribe motives to people and choose what's appropriate for woman.  So neither of us have moved evidently.  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,085
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This absolute all-in defending of Joe Bidens kissing-party is quite something.

And going after "twitter" in posts all the time, makes you sound the age of Joe Biden.

Haha.

Just chill, here is Bernie with a cute bird.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This absolute all-in defending of Joe Bidens kissing-party is quite something.

And going after "twitter" in posts all the time, makes you sound the age of Joe Biden.

Haha.

Just chill, here is Bernie with a cute bird.

Yep, that little birdie in 2016 propelled him to only a 10 point national loss.  And Twitter is a cesspool.  You know this.  
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

And you're still dying on the vine of being able to ascribe motives to people and choose what's appropriate for woman.  So neither of us have moved evidently.  
    Because we all know women never (wisely) refrain from pointing out that powerful men did something inappropriate 
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Because we all know women never (wisely) refrain from pointing out that powerful men did something inappropriate 
    Ah... so that young lady in the cap and gown is too scared to report her 'assault'.  Fascinating little argument you've constructed.  If they report it, ah ha!  If they don't, yeah it's how they feel but they are just weak women.  You can't lose!  The reporting and non-reporting both make you right.  Genius. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

Shut your lying mouth.
    BTW, is it true that brown liquor is worse than clear?  I always thought it to be, but maybe that's just a rumor... like Mikey and pop rocks. 
    That's what they say. When I drink, which is getting more rare these days, I drink rye.

I've rarely been drunk on scotch, it's waaaaay too expensive. But I love it, best for sipping with a drop or two of water and nothing else. I like to keep multiple bottles behind the bar, but it takes me years to finish them and they are fun to share with guests.

As an aside, I find the best for me now is to eat a moderate amount of edibles before heading out for the night. It really keeps the drinking down so as to avoid a hangover.
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

Shut your lying mouth.
    That's what they say. When I drink, which is getting more rare these days, I drink rye.

I've rarely been drunk on scotch, it's waaaaay too expensive. But I love it, best for sipping with a drop or two of water and nothing else. I like to keep multiple bottles behind the bar, but it takes me years to finish them and they are fun to share with guests.

As an aside, I find the best for me now is to eat a moderate amount of edibles before heading out for the night. It really keeps the drinking down so as to avoid a hangover.
    Edible and 3 drinks over a few hours is perfect for me.  No hangover whatsoever.  
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ah... so that young lady in the cap and gown is too scared to report her 'assault'.  Fascinating little argument you've constructed.  If they report it, ah ha!  If they don't, yeah it's how they feel but they are just weak women.  You can't lose!  The reporting and non-reporting both make you right.  Genius. 
    GTFO with the "weak women" nonsense. Even you aren't so naive not to recognize the disincentive for women to make public statements about powerful men's behavior. 
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You are allowed to keep watching Biden kissing-photos if you wish. Up to you. 

But I feel less cringe watching Bernie with a bird, than Biden with a bird. If you catch my drift.

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yup!  You = creep & Me = creep hater  j/k ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

But I feel less cringe watching Bernie with a bird, than Biden with a bird. If you catch my drift.

Still don't like his policies, no matter how many birds, fish, or Ligers flock to him.  
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

GTFO with the "weak women" nonsense. Even you aren't so naive not to recognize the disincentive for women to make public statements about powerful men's behavior. 
    Right, because in today's world, that young African American girl would have been vilified in the media and probably lost all future job opportunities if she said she was uncomfortable with the kiss.  Is that your argument?  I just want to be sure I'm understanding where your paternalism is originating.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Still don't like his policies, no matter how many birds, fish, or Ligers flock to him.  
    That is okey. I don't like all his politics either. As long as you would pick him over Trump.
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That is okey. I don't like all his politics either. As long as you would pick him over Trump.
    I would. Trump sullies the office.  That is more important to me. I'm a policy guy, but I value a moral center more.
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Right, because in today's world, that young African American girl would have been vilified in the media and probably lost all future job opportunities if she said she was uncomfortable with the kiss.  Is that your argument?  I just want to be sure I'm understanding where your paternalism is originating.  
    I'm making no argument about the girl in that picture. Haven't said a word about her. 
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm making no argument about the girl in that picture. Haven't said a word about her. 
    Well that's what precipitated the whole discussion.  That post and the one of his granddaughter.  
    It's crazy to me that Biden and Bernie seem like the front runners.

I don't want to stand next to one as I know he will put his hands in my pockets and I don;t want my wife or daughter standing next to the other cause I know he will do something inappropriate with his hands as well...or lips...or nose...

If Bernie gets the nomination the election will be nuts.  A RINO vs a DINO.  Or instead of DINO is bernie a DWA... democrat when advantageous?  
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Well that's what precipitated the whole discussion.  That post and the one of his granddaughter.  
    Your point is? Maybe try keeping track of who says what. Might help you avoid becoming so confused. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

Shut your lying mouth.

Edible and 3 drinks over a few hours is perfect for me.  No hangover whatsoever.  
    Exactly. It's a great hack.
  • Bernie aint no Dino. He just wants to leave the 50s with Biden making out with his own mom and take you guys Back to the Future like:

ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Your point is? Maybe try keeping track of who says what. Might help you avoid becoming so confused. 
    You're just so bad at public arguments.  I think you're just used to your bubble of everyone thinking just like you.  How do you not understand my point?  My point is about these two posts by SC.  It has been the start.
  • I just want to say. I regret posting pics of Joes krazy-kissing if it meant you two starting to bicker like this. It breaks my heart.
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You're just so bad at public arguments.  I think you're just used to your bubble of everyone thinking just like you.  How do you not understand my point?  My point is about these two posts by SC.  It has been the start.
    You're right: in my bubble, most people say "my bad" if you say "umm, you're accusing me of saying something I didn't say." 

I'm beginning to think that Biden could inappropriately kiss/touch/smell a girl on 5th avenue and get away with it!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I'm beginning to think that Biden could inappropriately kiss/touch/smell a girl on 5th avenue and get away with it!
    Haha. Made me laugh.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    I'm beginning to think that Biden could inappropriately kiss/touch/smell a girl on 5th avenue and get away with it!
    I think it'll be a yuge topic if he gets the nomination.  Somehow rapey Trump will be treated better than creepy Joe.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited February 2020
    MACH I: sleepy joe
    MACH II: creepy joe
    MACH III: Losing-because-of-being-the-status-quo joe
This discussion has been closed.