mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    How does one make a billion dollars honestly?
    I can get just about anything delivered to my door, sometimes within a couple hours. And I can stream a couple movies while I wait. Bezos can buy an island for all I care.
    And his warehouse workers can go fuck themselves, eh? 
    You put zero value in the idea and the work that went into starting the factory.  If one received zero for such things, what's the point of having an idea, and how do humans advance?  Again, you can look at Soviet era technological advancements compared to the US.  We don't need theories when we have results. 
    It seems weird for a professor to minimize intellectual property/effort. Isn’t that what teaching is? I for one think that has value.
    That would be weird. Let me know if you see a professor doing that. 
    I just did.
    Don’t be dopey. I said capital =/= work. Never said anything about intellectual labor. 

Don’t be all name calley, I ain’t in your class you can’t tell me that your assumptions are truth and I’ll fail if I go against those assumptions.
    I’m not challenging any assumptions; just your reading ability, I this case. 
    His reading ability is fine and his question exposes the gap in a 19th century book applied to a 21st century economy.  The lines between proletariat and bourgeoisie have blurred. You continue to be cagey on the topic but that's simply because good answers don't exist.  
    I literally don’t know what the fuck y’all are talking about. Please point me to the post where I said anything about intellectual labor. 
    Oh wait, so even though intellectual property is considered a tangible asset legally (you know, like capital), you call it "labor"?  Ha!  That's rich.  
    Oh, your capitalist laws say something! Zing?
    Um no, common law, passed on through the centuries of western legal precedent.  Do you commies have your own legal system too?
    Not yet. But we do look at your “western” legal tradition as a buncha bullshit. 
    Are you guys working on your legal theories? You should hurry because communist implementation is going swimmingly thus far. 
    Given that we're having this conversation on a thread largely predicated on unseating the president we all think is doing some really fucked up shit, I'm not sure you can talk. Glass houses and all. 
    There's easier ways to say "uncle".
    Donald Trump is your uncle?!? So much makes sense now. 
    I think your intellectual tank is empty on this topic. 
    You’re probably right. And I’m drunk. What’s the topic?

Drinking stoli? 
    Smirnoff, but good call!!! 
    I m a Tito s guy. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    hedonist said:
    Ah, food!  I'm down with that.

Fuck this presidential talk, dammit.
    Yas!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I can get just about anything delivered to my door, sometimes within a couple hours. And I can stream a couple movies while I wait. Bezos can buy an island for all I care.
    You put zero value in the idea and the work that went into starting the factory.  If one received zero for such things, what's the point of having an idea, and how do humans advance?  Again, you can look at Soviet era technological advancements compared to the US.  We don't need theories when we have results. 
    It seems weird for a professor to minimize intellectual property/effort. Isn’t that what teaching is? I for one think that has value.
    I just did.
    Don’t be dopey. I said capital =/= work. Never said anything about intellectual labor. 

Don’t be all name calley, I ain’t in your class you can’t tell me that your assumptions are truth and I’ll fail if I go against those assumptions.
    His reading ability is fine and his question exposes the gap in a 19th century book applied to a 21st century economy.  The lines between proletariat and bourgeoisie have blurred. You continue to be cagey on the topic but that's simply because good answers don't exist.  
    I literally don’t know what the fuck y’all are talking about. Please point me to the post where I said anything about intellectual labor. 
    Oh wait, so even though intellectual property is considered a tangible asset legally (you know, like capital), you call it "labor"?  Ha!  That's rich.  
    Um no, common law, passed on through the centuries of western legal precedent.  Do you commies have your own legal system too?
    Are you guys working on your legal theories? You should hurry because communist implementation is going swimmingly thus far. 
    Given that we're having this conversation on a thread largely predicated on unseating the president we all think is doing some really fucked up shit, I'm not sure you can talk. Glass houses and all. 

Drinking stoli? 
    I m a Tito s guy. 
    I like that,  but favorite is Chopin, Polish potato vodka. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I just did.

Drinking stoli? 
    I m a Tito s guy. 
    I’d prefer it, but I drink too much to afford it. 😬
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,750
      'How do you fall for the Bernie Sanders scam?' Martin O'Malley on the Democrats and Iowa

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/01/bernie-sanders-iowa-democrats-martin-omalley?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,750
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I just did.

Drinking stoli? 
    I m a Tito s guy. 
    Never had it.  Have to try it. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I just did.

Drinking stoli? 
    I m a Tito s guy. 
    Never had it.  Have to try it. 
    It's about the same level as Belvedere, except Belv is grain vodka.  They are both too good to mix with very much.  If you're going to have a martini or just straight vodka, they are both super smooth.  
    mickeyrat said:
    You a big fan of student newspapers? 
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I just did.

Drinking stoli? 
    I m a Tito s guy. 
    I’d prefer it, but I drink too much to afford it. 😬
    Lol.  Totally understand. 
    mickeyrat said:
    That's pretty much what many of us have been saying.  Very appropriate. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    That's pretty much what many of us have been saying.  Very appropriate. 
    Wait, I thought Sweden was a utopia? 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    Vodka drinkers?

pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

Scotch is bad for your liver
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

Tell me about it :bawling:

But oh how I used to love a good Scotch, neat.
  • brianlux said:
    =/=  ? 

Is that equal divided by equal? 

Would that be the same as infinity or zero? 

MATH I'm good with but math is not my strong suit.  :lol:
    So you are saying MATH =/= math 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,622
    brianlux said:
    =/=  ? 

Well, no, more like Ecdanc's Equation leads me to thinking, as in "Make America Think Harder", about a subject I am not so strong in- which is math.  The best I could come up with is either "equal divided by equal = infinity"  or "equal divided by equal = zero."  But now that I think HARDER about it (which is difficult to do at 1:10 AM in the AM), I have a feeling the answer to "equal divided by equal" may be one.  Man oh man, I am going to need some good strong coffee in about 7 hours.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    =/=  ? 

Well, no, more like Ecdanc's Equation leads me to thinking, as in "Make America Think Harder", about a subject I am not so strong in- which is math.  The best I could come up with is either "equal divided by equal = infinity"  or "equal divided by equal = zero."  But now that I think HARDER about it (which is difficult to do at 1:10 AM in the AM), I have a feeling the answer to "equal divided by equal" may be one.  Man oh man, I am going to need some good strong coffee in about 7 hours.
    It means ”not equal to”
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Ugh. I think Joe just got banana brain re-elected.
  • Ugh. I think Joe just got banana brain re-elected.

pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

I drink everything--really working to live up to the stereotype of English professors. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,085
    edited February 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    @Kat
    Seems Mickeyray is focusing exclusively on Sweden, if you look at his posts in this thread lately and his started threads. 

To quote what you told me: 

Is it your intention to troll Americans with all of the negative posts directed at America?

If you had made your thread about vaccinations being a problem in the world, it would not have been yet another slam on America. You'll need to review your posts before hitting Submit and make sure you're not targeting certain people. Every nation has problems...what are the solutions? Make a good approach to a discussion.

Does Mickeyrat live up to that threshold, and if his posts have this value that mine according to you lacked - am I allowed to respond without a ban. Or putting energy into responding to something that does not belong gere.

Having a hard time navigating what is okey and not. An elaboration would be helpful.

Thank you.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Careful. That guy is notorious for posting fake Biden videos.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/01/clip-of-biden-suggesting-far-right-idea-is-a-deceptive-edit.html
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

Bourbon and mezcal for me but your point is taken
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

I drink everything--really working to live up to the stereotype of English professors. 
    Fair. I just can't resist a liquor jab.
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vodka drinkers?

Fair. I just can't resist a liquor jab.
    You'll love me, then, because I just can't resist liquor. Plenty of jabbing opportunities. 

So you and these twitter users have taken these young ladies' agency, and determined how they feel about these events?  How very paternalistic of you.  
This discussion has been closed.