The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Must say I'm a little saddened by this turn in this thread. 
    You turned it this way. And video isn’t insulting to trans people. It’s a good satire of the insanity of men who transition to women competing against regular women in athletic competitions. 

"Men who transition to women competing against regular women." We have a winner for the thread's most anti-trans statement! 
    I was waiting for that response. Like clockwork, I knew you’d have a problem with “regular” there. Sorry I don’t know the woke term for a female that’s born female and stays female. So I went with regular. 

A transwoman should complete in sports with the men. Her physical dynamics are that if a man’s, and she could hurt the “regular” women. (What’s the gender term you want there that won’t offend you?)
    You remind me of my uncle: "well, when I was growing up we just called them [n-words]; how am I supposed to keep up with what they want to be called?" 
    Typical. Even when I try to ask what term I can use instead of “regular” so that I can better myself and not be a bigot towards the LGBTQ community, I’m likened to a racist uncle. Oh well, I tried. 
    No, you didn't try. You're on the internet. Look it up yourself before you say something offensive. You did not ask what term to use; you mocked the fact that there is a "woke" term. And in the process, you further diminished trans women by suggesting they are not "born female." Don't now try to play like you really care about the words you should use. 
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • the ”other women will be hurt” is a really weird argument to fall back on. 
    Trans women compete in MMA. That’s a man fighting a woman. That’s dangerous and they can get hurt. 
    Maybe your number one concern in that sport then should be that everyone should wear helmets?

because cis men can get very hurt by cis men too. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    You turned it this way. And video isn’t insulting to trans people. It’s a good satire of the insanity of men who transition to women competing against regular women in athletic competitions. 

"Men who transition to women competing against regular women." We have a winner for the thread's most anti-trans statement! 
    I was waiting for that response. Like clockwork, I knew you’d have a problem with “regular” there. Sorry I don’t know the woke term for a female that’s born female and stays female. So I went with regular. 

A transwoman should complete in sports with the men. Her physical dynamics are that if a man’s, and she could hurt the “regular” women. (What’s the gender term you want there that won’t offend you?)
    You remind me of my uncle: "well, when I was growing up we just called them [n-words]; how am I supposed to keep up with what they want to be called?" 
    Typical. Even when I try to ask what term I can use instead of “regular” so that I can better myself and not be a bigot towards the LGBTQ community, I’m likened to a racist uncle. Oh well, I tried. 
    No, you didn't try. You're on the fucking internet. Look it up yourself before you say something offensive. You did not ask what term to use; you mocked the fact that there is a "woke" term. And in the process, you further diminished trans women by suggesting they are not "born female." Don't now try to play like you really care about the words you should use. 
    Give it a fucking rest.   
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

i'm not sure equating gender dysphoria with being born black is the right way to go here. 
    Not what I did, but ok. 
    edited January 2020
    the ”other women will be hurt” is a really weird argument to fall back on. 
    Trans women compete in MMA. That’s a man fighting a woman. That’s dangerous and they can get hurt. 
    Not it isn't, and that statement appears bigoted. 
    Post edited by ecdanc on
    mrussel1 said:
    Right and goes whole argument it's about sports. 
    Btw, I believe term for regular is cisgender.   Identifying with the gender with which you were born.  

Ps.. holy shit.. kobe
    One is not born with a gender. 
    ecdanc said:
    Not it isn't, you bigot. 
    You're officially over the line
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Right and goes whole argument it's about sports. 
    Btw, I believe term for regular is cisgender.   Identifying with the gender with which you were born.  

Ps.. holy shit.. kobe
    One is not born with a gender. 
    I should correct myself: one is assigned a gender, sometimes at birth, sometimes prior to that. 
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

No, you didn't try. You're on the fucking internet. Look it up yourself before you say something offensive. You did not ask what term to use; you mocked the fact that there is a "woke" term. And in the process, you further diminished trans women by suggesting they are not "born female." Don't now try to play like you really care about the words you should use. 
    Give it a fucking rest.   
    Tell the people who are victims of anti-trans violence to give it a rest. https://www.hrc.org/resources/a-national-epidemic-fatal-anti-trans-violence-in-the-united-states-in-2019
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • the ”other women will be hurt” is a really weird argument to fall back on. 
    I am not gonna call you a bigot or be all ”be up to date on the terminalogy or you are satan”

but come on. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Give it a fucking rest.   
    Go fuck yourself. Tell the people who are victims of anti-trans violence to give it a rest. https://www.hrc.org/resources/a-national-epidemic-fatal-anti-trans-violence-in-the-united-states-in-2019
    It was nice knowing you around here for a day. 
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    Not it isn't, you bigot. 
    I'm sure I'm over the line according to the moderators, but what Ledbetterman said is far more offensive than me someone him a bigot. 
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Remember that Sanders loves and accept everyone - except for assholes and tax-fleeling-billionaires. 
    But he's okay with tax fleeing millionaires like himself?  
    I will allow that you quote me. Not feeling a bit annoyed.

What do you mean with him being a tax fleeing millionaire ?
    He's a millionaire and I'm fairly certain he is paying at the tax code level required.  I've never heard him say he's paying at a marginal rate higher than required by law.  Therefore because we all know that millionaires adn billionaires are under-taxed, he must be in the same camp as them... tax fleeing. 
    Emma Watson is tax-fleeing. 

Bernie Sanders pays what he should pay. Or are there raports of him tax-loopholeing his way through life?
    Emma Watson is British , so UK government is the proper authority. So to cite her is a distraction and irrelevant to the discussion.

We'll find out soon enough about Bernie, but can go back to tax record releases from 16.....
    what has her nationality to do with anything?

answer: as much as if you can vote in the election has to do with participating in this thread. 

zero
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Give it a fucking rest.   
    Go fuck yourself. Tell the people who are victims of anti-trans violence to give it a rest. https://www.hrc.org/resources/a-national-epidemic-fatal-anti-trans-violence-in-the-united-states-in-2019
    guess we're gonna need a new dem candidate thread soon. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Give it a fucking rest.   
    Thanks for the heads up--sorry if my tone got away from me. I've edited those comments to take out any personal attacks. I do wish you and others here would think about the relationship between your views on trans athletes and the broader world of anti-trans thought/action. They are connected. 
    ecdanc said:
    this is funny watching the back peddling. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited January 2020
    QUICK EVERYBODY FIND YOUR TOKEN RADIO/PODCAST PERSONALITY WITH A BIG FOLLOWING!

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    ecdanc said:
    Seriously, for just one moment, take my abrasive personality out of the equation: do you really want to align yourself with what Ledbetterman said? You claim to support trans rights, but you take up his side here?
  • ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said: 
    ecdanc said:
    Not it isn't, you bigot. 
    I'm sure I'm over the line according to the moderators, but what Ledbetterman said is far more offensive than me calling him a bigot. 
    If a transwoman and a woman who was born a woman were walking down the street, I’d say that’s two women walking down the street. I have no issue at all with social norm of a transwoman being a woman. At all. Caitlyn Jenner is a woman. 

But in a FIGHT, it’s different  The physical make up of a man and a woman is different. And a man that transitions to being a woman still has that physical make up in bone density, etc. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said: 
    ecdanc said:
    Not it isn't, you bigot. 
    I'm sure I'm over the line according to the moderators, but what Ledbetterman said is far more offensive than me calling him a bigot. 
    If a transwoman and a woman who was born a woman were walking down the street, I’d say that’s two women walking down the street. I have no issue at all with social norm of a transwoman being a woman. At all. Caitlyn Jenner is a woman. 

But in a FIGHT, it’s different  The physical make up of a man and a woman is different. And a man that transitions to being a woman still has that physical make up in bone density, etc. 
    If you ever find yourself saying "I believe a trans woman is a woman except in this case/instance/moment..." then you don't accept her as a woman. 
  • ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said: 
    ecdanc said:
    Not it isn't, you bigot. 

If you ever find yourself saying "I believe a trans woman is a woman except in this case/instance/moment..." then you don't accept her as a woman. 
    Well then that does it. I guess I’m transphobic. God dammit. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Seriously, for just one moment, take my abrasive personality out of the equation: do you really want to align yourself with what Ledbetterman said? You claim to support trans rights, but you take up his side here?
    i don't take 'sides'. i align myself with common sense. the terms he used were ignorant at worst, not even close to bigoted. there is a major difference there. you simply can't expect everyone to accept and change their verbiage overnight. it just doesn't work that way, and screaming at someone who doesn't know does more harm to any given cause than good. 

www.headstonesband.com

ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said: 
    ecdanc said:
    Not it isn't, you bigot. 

See... you're scared of people and didn't even know it.  Learn something new everyday 
  • So... anyone excited about Yang?
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    i don't take 'sides'. i align myself with common sense. the terms he used were ignorant at worst, not even close to bigoted. there is a major difference there. you simply can't expect everyone to accept and change their verbiage overnight. it just doesn't work that way, and screaming at someone who doesn't know does more harm to any given cause than good. 
    He directly referred to a trans woman as a man. That is not verbiage; that is a statement about what a trans woman IS. I hope you really are an ally in the real world, but you aren't showing it here. 
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said: 
    ecdanc said:
    Not it isn't, you bigot. 

I hope there comes a day during your lifetime when the statements you're making here have the same resonance as the racist, sexist, etc. comments that haunt others' pasts. 
  • argue
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    He directly referred to a trans woman as a man. That is not verbiage; that is a statement about what a trans woman IS. I hope you really are an ally in the real world, but you aren't showing it here. 
    one of my more favourite quotes of the last few years: "just because you're outraged, doesn't make you right". 

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said: 
    ecdanc said:
    Not it isn't, you bigot. 

See... you're scared of people and didn't even know it.  Learn something new everyday 
    It's typical in these type of arguments. I can't be for mostly for LGBTQ rights, but be against the specific instance of transwomen competing against women in sports. That'd be straying from the herd. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    one of my more favourite quotes of the last few years: "just because you're outraged, doesn't make you right". 
    Was it birther-Rogan who said it?
This discussion has been closed.