Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,988
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    Free college under $125k?  How to pay for it?  Any details?  without specific targeted trades or skills it's just a bad non-plan.
    Seriously! I've been asking myself the same question for years. 

Military, paved roads, police, fire department, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, public schools.

Who pays for all these FREE services? Where's all this money magically come from?

🙃
    I'd agree to Obama's plan.  Free community college then they can transfer to Other schools..... with  revamped student loan system.

CC on to State/private University is smarter financially anyway. Why pay that much for required courses anyway.

NEED to push trade/vocational education as much as they do college. Some folks just dont fit the college mold.
    100% on all points except... I don't believe the gov't should ever pay for someone's entrance into a private institution.  Public only. 

well the point was for the "higher" education , that's on the student be it a State institution or a private one. the community colleges can be publically funded.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    Free college under $125k?  How to pay for it?  Any details?  without specific targeted trades or skills it's just a bad non-plan.

Military, paved roads, police, fire department, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, public schools.

Who pays for all these FREE services? Where's all this money magically come from?

🙃
    I'd agree to Obama's plan.  Free community college then they can transfer to Other schools..... with  revamped student loan system.

CC on to State/private University is smarter financially anyway. Why pay that much for required courses anyway.

NEED to push trade/vocational education as much as they do college. Some folks just dont fit the college mold.
    100% on all points except... I don't believe the gov't should ever pay for someone's entrance into a private institution.  Public only. 

well the point was for the "higher" education , that's on the student be it a State institution or a private one. the community colleges can be publically funded.
    So is Biden advocating only 2 years of education?  
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    benjs said:

This is fantastic. It's seeming more and more like Sanders knows he's not going to win, but wants to get commitments from the Biden campaign to include more progressive policies before he drops out. This is the right time to use this leverage, and arguably the USA will never be more receptive of M4A than they would be right now.

Agree..Sanders knows he cant win but is putting the screws to Biden to get his ideas in there.
    ......some revolution......

Now will Bernie drop out and support Biden finally? 

No more debates are currently scheduled
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

🙃

not to my knowlege. You'll note I initially said I liked what Obama had in mind. Not thats what Joe would do
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

🙃

not to my knowlege. You'll note I initially said I liked what Obama had in mind. Not thats what Joe would do
    The point I was trying to make was that I'm okay with free education if:
    1. There's a income cut
    2. If for a four year degree, the first two years are community and the last two are public, not private institutions.  
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Biden is alive on a bit of a technicality.  It’s an important choice (assuming he has a chance to beat God’s Chosen One).  For me Warren is the one most ready to be president.  Not to mention a potential draw for the Bernie Bros.
    Technicality?  What does that mean?
    He’s a walking corpse.  I think both running mates are more like than normal to become President in less than four years.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,751
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Biden is alive on a bit of a technicality.  It’s an important choice (assuming he has a chance to beat God’s Chosen One).  For me Warren is the one most ready to be president.  Not to mention a potential draw for the Bernie Bros.
    He’s a walking corpse.  I think both running mates are more like than normal to become President in less than four years.
    Yeah I think Biden's running-mate might be the most scrutinized in history...just based on his age. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Ohio Gov. wants primary delayed

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,751
    I was all for Sanders fighting to the end, and I really dislike the notion of people suggesting he should just get out of Biden's way and concede. But...with this pandemic making going out to vote risky, the delegate math (and polls of upcoming primaries) firmly in Biden's favor, and Biden making concessions that he'd be willing to adopt some of Sanders' policies, it might be the right time for him to drop out. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

🙃

The point I was trying to make was that I'm okay with free education if:
    1. There's a income cut
    2. If for a four year degree, the first two years are community and the last two are public, not private institutions.  
    There should be some requirements for what type of degrees are included
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I was all for Sanders fighting to the end, and I really dislike the notion of people suggesting he should just get out of Biden's way and concede. But...with this pandemic making going out to vote risky, the delegate math (and polls of upcoming primaries) firmly in Biden's favor, and Biden making concessions that he'd be willing to adopt some of Sanders' policies, it might be the right time for him to drop out. 
    Plus he continues to fund raise off people that can ill afford it. 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    We must have different definitions of 'technicality'.  Your statement is also wrong, considering all of the health data that Biden has released.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    I understand the need but I do not like the precedent being set by delaying elections.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,167
    JimmyV said:
    I understand the need but I do not like the precedent being set by delaying elections.

Imagine if it was November and trump was doing just that 

An interesting counter to that would be for pelosi to say fine, your term is over. Step aside.
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    no word yet here if its been ordered by a judge. I dont know why he is taking it to court when the SOS could order it delayed. If falls under that office.

unless it was to guard against a suit by one of the campaigns who I doubt would protest

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:
    no word yet here if its been ordered by a judge. I dont know why he is taking it to court when the SOS could order it delayed. If falls under that office.

unless it was to guard against a suit by one of the campaigns who I doubt would protest
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought primaries fall within the jurisdiction of the party exclusively? If that's true, does a court of law even have any influence over this?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought primaries fall within the jurisdiction of the party exclusively? If that's true, does a court of law even have any influence over this?
    There are more things on the ballet then the primary 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:

They are facilitated by the Secretary of State, generally.  
  • Options

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    JimmyV said:

Imagine if it was November and trump was doing just that 

An interesting counter to that would be for pelosi to say fine, your term is over. Step aside.
    I've been saying for awhile that it is less than 100% we will even have an election in the fall. Sounds crazy but so does almost every other thing Trump has done.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,190

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Neil and Jim picking the best side.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:

They are facilitated by the Secretary of State, generally.  
    right. the poll workers are all volunteers. Trained by the various counties following state guidelines. County owns the machines. State would be liable if any harm came to the volunteers.

• Options
    I thought we were all Democrats.  This is very confusing.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

I'm not a democrat. I don't vote in the States. 

I'm The Left Party:

Or the Green Party:

Or Feminist Iniative:

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    oh so now its a "side" within the party between a not a democrat and the party's eventual nominee.....

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

Okay so maybe your use of 'side' doesn't work in the States.  Either way, Bernie continues to put the elderly and high risk people at risk with his futile campaign, and he also is fundraising on the backs of people that he claims are working class.  It's amazing how successful Biden has been with no money.  Maybe he's really the man of the people after all.  
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,207
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

Okay so maybe your use of 'side' doesn't work in the States.  Either way, Bernie continues to put the elderly and high risk people at risk with his futile campaign, and he also is fundraising on the backs of people that he claims are working class.  It's amazing how successful Biden has been with no money.  Maybe he's really the man of the people after all.  
    I don't trust either side enough to support one, but Biden is the man of his party. Bernie got axed by the DNC in 2016 and it is happening again. Interestingly enough people still have faith in this system...

Post edited by FiveBelow on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

No need for money when you got the...

OBAMA E S T A B L I S H M E N T

/s

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

Okay so maybe your use of 'side' doesn't work in the States.  
    My use of side works just fine.
This discussion has been closed.