Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,561
    At the debate, it should start with Biden saying "And before we start, lousy moderator, I just want to present my running mate - Comrade Bernie Sanders" and then it would be they to having a civil discussion about how to fuck up Trump.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,113
    At the debate, it should start with Biden saying "And before we start, lousy moderator, I just want to present my running mate - Comrade Bernie Sanders" and then it would be they to having a civil discussion about how to fuck up Trump.
    one old white man is enough. pick a woman. or if it's a man make it a person of color. time to make the government look like the electorate. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,829
    one old white man is enough. pick a woman. or if it's a man make it a person of color. time to make the government look like the electorate. 
    True but it would be funny if SC's comment played out!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,441
    A Jew wouldn't be adequate diversity?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    I say pick the right person who you think can really lead the country if need be. Their gender or race shouldn’t matter at all. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    https://twitter.com/oneminutecall/status/1237690798046695424

read this whole thread. especially bernie supporters. 
    Because shaming people works....🤷‍♂️
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    static111 said:

Get it out now. Biden will still need your vote in November. You'll have to get over yourself before then.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Bullshit senator scaps bullshit subpeona in bullshit probe
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/subpoena-vote-canceled-joe-biden/index.html

Senate panel scraps subpoena in probe related to Bidens

(CNN)Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Chairman Ron Johnson scrapped a planned vote Wednesday for a subpoena in the committee's Republican-led investigation into the Ukrainian energy firm that hired former Vice President Joe Biden's son.

The decision to postpone the subpoena vote came amid accusations from Democrats that the probe was politically motivated to damage Biden's presidential bid, as well as questions about the target of the subpoena, Andrii Telizhenko, an ally of the President's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani. Telizhenko was a contractor for Blue Star Strategies, a public affairs firm that worked with Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company that hired Hunter Biden in 2013.
    Johnson wrote a letter to committee members saying he was postponing the subpoena vote in order to allow time for senators to receive additional briefings -- and said he would now seek the records directly from Blue Star Strategies instead of Telizhenko. A committee source said that Johnson believes issuing a subpoena to Blue Star directly instead of Telizhenko, who had made unfounded allegations related to Ukrainian election meddling in 2016, was a "bipartisan path forward."
    "Out of an abundance of caution, and to allow time for you to receive additional briefings, I will postpone a vote to subpoena records and an appearance from former Blue Star Strategies consultant Andrii Telizhenko about his work for the lobbying firm," Johnson wrote. "While we work through those questions, at the suggestion of both Republican and Democrat Committee members, we will instead go straight to the source and compel the same records and an appearance directly from Blue Star Strategies."
      While Johnson, a Wisconsin Republican, has said that his investigation is unrelated to Trump's reelection bid, presidential politics have swirled over Johnson's probe and into Burisma and Hunter Biden. The investigation has been criticized by one Republican on the panel for being political, and Johnson himself charged earlier this month that the information he was seeking would be of interest to Democratic primary voters.
      Johnson's investigation is one of several Senate Republican probes related to Ukraine that have ramped up in recent months as the presidential campaign season has gotten underway and Biden surged to become the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.
      Trump has also said that should Biden become the Democratic nominee, the Trump campaign would make Burisma and Ukraine a major campaign issue. Trump and his allies have repeatedly made unfounded and false claims to allege that the former vice president and his son acted corruptly in Ukraine.
      A Democratic aide said Johnson has not notified Sen. Gary Peters, the top Democrat on the committee, of his intention to subpoena Blue Star Strategies. Peters can oppose the subpoena, which he did for Telizhenko, which then would require the chairman to put the matter to a full committee vote to issue the subpoena.
      Johnson's move to change course on the subpoena is a signal of the uneasiness surrounding the investigation as the 2020 general election matchup looks to be taking shape between Trump and Biden.
      When Johnson initially said the committee would vote on the subpoena last week, Sen. Mitt Romney expressed reservations about the investigation. But Johnson spoke with Romney and other members to ensure they were on board, the Utah Republican said Friday he would back the subpoena.
      "I spoke with him about his commitment to only talk with the individual in a private setting as opposed to a hearing, and I felt that I was therefore going to protect that information," Romney said of Johnson.
      Still, Romney isn't happy the committee is pursuing the investigation.
      "I still believe that it's just as I said, I think it looks bad," Romney told CNN this week. "I think political investigations look bad, and I wish we weren't doing it."
      Romney said he didn't know yet whether he would support future subpoenas in the probe, explaining that he wanted to see "where this investigation is going and what the intent is."
      Johnson and Sen. Gary Peters of Michigan, the top Democrat on the Senate panel, traded accusations through letters in the leadup to Wednesday's vote. Peters, who opposed the subpoena when Johnson sought to issue it last month, which is what prompted the full committee vote, warned that the committee needed additional consultation with law enforcement and the intelligence community to ensure they weren't being used to promote Russian propaganda.
      "This is a matter of national security, and our committee members must have the opportunity to get classified updates from our law enforcement and intelligence community to experts to prevent the committee from being used to advance information that could benefit foreign adversaries and undermine the integrity of our elections," Peters wrote in a letter to Johnson last week.
      Johnson responded that he would not allow Russia to be used as a "smokescreen."
      "As committed as I am to being on guard against the threat posed by our adversaries, I am equally dedicated to not letting foreign actors' malign actions and intentions be used as a smokescreen to inhibit or interfere with the Committee's legitimate and important oversight work," Johnson wrote.
      The Biden campaign has accused Johnson of using his investigation to try to influence the 2020 election, charging that he was "abusing congressional authority in a manner that would make the founding fathers spin in their graves."
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • Options
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

Get it out now. Biden will still need your vote in November. You'll have to get over yourself before then.
      Did you not see where I said I will be voting for Biden or is your head way up in there admiring your own brand?
      Scio me nihil scire

• Options
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

Did you not see where I said I will be voting for Biden or is your head way up in there admiring your own brand?
      See? Shaming people does work.
      WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    • Options
      mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,384
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

number one rule.......
      _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
      you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
      memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
      another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    • Options
      static111 said:
      I’m a Bernie supporter and I sincerely hope he drops out.  At this point the best that we can do is do what it takes to have some solidarity behind beating Trump
      this was posted at 1:04pm today...
      _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
      you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
      memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
      another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    • Options
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

That was pre shaming.  Brought on by my view that beating Trump is the most important thing at this point. If the strategy is to shame people into supporting Biden I think Trump has already won. In fact for some people shaming may have the opposite effect. Why not give people positive reasons to support Biden outside of the tired “He’s not Trump” argument.  Joe has a long way to go to unify the left before November.  At least Bernie staying in the race will give Biden some debate practice.

Lets not forget lesser of two evils voting has gotten us to this point. For the R side Trump isn’t the lesser of two evils he is straight up their guy. I would prefer that Biden and co make the case that he is our guy and not just the best non Trump option we are gonna get.

Scio me nihil scire

• Options
      OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

"No shit."
        --my mom
      1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
      2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    • Options

• Options
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

That was pre shaming.  Brought on by my view that beating Trump is the most important thing at this point. If the strategy is to shame people into supporting Biden I think Trump has already won. In fact for some people shaming may have the opposite effect. Why not give people positive reasons to support Biden outside of the tired “He’s not Trump” argument.  Joe has a long way to go to unify the left before November.  At least Bernie staying in the race will give Biden some debate practice.

Lets not forget lesser of two evils voting has gotten us to this point. For the R side Trump isn’t the lesser of two evils he is straight up their guy. I would prefer that Biden and co make the case that he is our guy and not just the best non Trump option we are gonna get.

Focus. Stay on message. Don't get distracted by shiny objects and whataboutism.

This election is a referendum on Trump.
      It's a referendum on Trump's policy.
      It's a referendum on Trump's nepotism.
      It's referendum on Trump's corruption.
    • Options
      Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,004
      edited March 2020
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

And don’t forget his:

racism
      narcissism
      sexism
      nationalism
      fascism 
      Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
      09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    • Options
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

What an inspiring message
      Scio me nihil scire

• Options
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

• Options
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

I'm starting to think you are a bot with intentions of actually turning people away from voting D
      Scio me nihil scire

• Options
      Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
      Sanders was good on Jimmy Fallon just now. Played the hits, but played them well. Kind of preparing to make his last stand. 
      2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
      http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    • Options
      Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,561
      "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    • Options
      OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
      1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
      2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    • Options
      OnWis97 said:
      seems to fit...

• Options
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

I'm starting to think you are a bot with intentions of actually turning people away from voting D
      I'll say it a different way.  The 50% of the country who dislike Trump and are generally members of the Democratic party were given a choice.  Do we want to make this election about Trump or about democratic socialistic ideals.  The people spoke clear and unequivocally and said they want to make it about Trump.  And they decided Biden was the man to lead that fight.  Respect the process.  
    • Options
      Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241
      mrussel1 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

I'll say it a different way.  The 50% of the country who dislike Trump and are generally members of the Democratic party were given a choice.  Do we want to make this election about Trump or about democratic socialistic ideals.  The people spoke clear and unequivocally and said they want to make it about Trump.  And they decided Biden was the man to lead that fight.  Respect the process.  

It's not only the fact that Biden is doing extraordinarily well in the delegate count. For which there is no precedent in primary politics of anyone who has accomplished what Biden has

As we've been saying, the turnout tells the story. Trump won mich by 12k votes. Turnout was up 230k and rising. If 10% of those new voters show up in November who did not vote for Hillary, the election is already over.
    • Options
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

well, at least you're starting to think
    • Options
      Is it now reckless for Sanders to stay in the race, considering each candidate will be driving people to the polls, probably to no end other than the obvious ones?  I mean if he had a 10% chance, then maybe.. but there's no realistic path other than Biden getting the virus.  
    • Options
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

well, at least you're starting to think
      Starting to think it might be a good idea to vote Trump so I can enjoy the spectacle of self righteous Dems wringing their hands and crying about what went wrong for 4 more years.
      Scio me nihil scire

• Options
      mrussel1 said:
      Is it now reckless for Sanders to stay in the race, considering each candidate will be driving people to the polls, probably to no end other than the obvious ones?  I mean if he had a 10% chance, then maybe.. but there's no realistic path other than Biden getting the virus.  
      mrussel1 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

It's not only the fact that Biden is doing extraordinarily well in the delegate count. For which there is no precedent in primary politics of anyone who has accomplished what Biden has

As we've been saying, the turnout tells the story. Trump won mich by 12k votes. Turnout was up 230k and rising. If 10% of those new voters show up in November who did not vote for Hillary, the election is already over.
      mrussel1 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:
      CM189191 said:
      static111 said:

I wish more people could make well reasoned arguments like these on this thread. It’s much easier to exchange ideas when people are making reasonable statements rather than acting like petulant children and resorting to personal attacks.
      Scio me nihil scire

This discussion has been closed.