Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    edited December 2019
    bone said:
    There's also like 15 on Discogs now at less than €40 before shipping.  Still too much, but it appears that some of the unclaimed stock is starting to show up in places.  
    bone said:
    There's also like 15 on Discogs now at less than €40 before shipping.  Still too much, paritally because shipping is also €20, but it appears that some of the unclaimed stock is starting to show up in places and pricing is settling down a bit. 
    I don't know.  I just checked ebay after your post, and there are only 37 for sale.  That's a small amount percentage-wise.
    I know I'm not taking into account the ones already sold on ebay and discogs, but it seems like the price has stayed constant, around $75.
    I don't see it going down unless there is a full blown repress, which I don't think is what the newsletter meant.
    I never go to Ebay to figure out the market.  It's always overinflated there.  Discogs, they've been pretty consistently over $100CAD shipped this week, but about 20 have shown up today closer to the $75-$95 range Canadian shipped.  Also helpful that they haven't been scooped up immediately so these may set the new market price for new listings over the next couple weeks for those wanting to sell quickly.  

All the new ones seem to be coming from Europe though.  Hoping the stocks in Canada/US also start showing up and dropping in price.  
    Post edited by bone on
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,421
    igotid88 said:
    It enters the Billboard 200 at #81. It could have been higher if shipments weren't delayed and if it was available on streaming
    #11 Top Albums
    #4 on Alternative Albums
    #7 Rock Albums
    #3 Vinyl Albums

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    It enters the Billboard 200 at #81. It could have been higher if shipments weren't delayed and if it was available on streaming
    #11 Top Albums
    #4 on Alternative Albums
    #7 Rock Albums
    #3 Vinyl Albums

Pretty impressive all around for 2019.

I'm obviously in the minority here, and I'm sure many of you will find this hard to believe.
    Before this was announced as a RSD release, I don't think I had heard the whole thing!

When I think MTV Unplugged, it takes me back to high school when I was a big Eric Clapton fan.  Everyone remembers Nirvana unplugged because Kurt died, and it was played over and over again.  Clapton's unplugged seemed to air a lot too.

Maybe I'd seen parts of Pearl Jam, but none of my friends are or were big Pearl Jam fans.  It's definitely not my parents type of music, except for maybe the slower stuff.  I'm sure my Mom would like Just Breathe :).

I watched it all on youtube, and it's a great performance.  I love seeing the songs stripped down and the band rocking out as young guys.

I'm glad they released it on vinyl because it introduced me to a classic performance I sadly wasn't familiar with.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    demetrios said:
    You're a machine!  (meant as a compliment)
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905

• Options
    13,000 may be harder to get than you think. 
    No. You’re wrong. This will be extremely easy to get.
    Now who do you think was right? People paying 3 to 4 times retail is not “extremely easy to get”. Supply currently is far short of demand.
    Starting to even out... wait until next week there’ll be even more “back in stock.”
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,595
    Repress helps...
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    Repress helps...
    There is no repress. Unless you actually believe records can be printed in a matter of days; when it normally takes 6 months to a year. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    #11 Top Albums
    #4 on Alternative Albums
    #7 Rock Albums
    #3 Vinyl Albums

Pretty impressive all around for 2019.

I'm obviously in the minority here, and I'm sure many of you will find this hard to believe.
    Before this was announced as a RSD release, I don't think I had heard the whole thing!

When I think MTV Unplugged, it takes me back to high school when I was a big Eric Clapton fan.  Everyone remembers Nirvana unplugged because Kurt died, and it was played over and over again.  Clapton's unplugged seemed to air a lot too.

Maybe I'd seen parts of Pearl Jam, but none of my friends are or were big Pearl Jam fans.  It's definitely not my parents type of music, except for maybe the slower stuff.  I'm sure my Mom would like Just Breathe :).

I watched it all on youtube, and it's a great performance.  I love seeing the songs stripped down and the band rocking out as young guys.

I'm glad they released it on vinyl because it introduced me to a classic performance I sadly wasn't familiar with.

It was my first time hearing it too. Crazy good.
  • Options
    Repress helps...
    There is no repress. Unless you actually believe records can be printed in a matter of days; when it normally takes 6 months to a year. 
    I think they hinted at more being pressed later. I'm thinking maybe a april rsd re-release. Different color or cover?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Repress helps...
    I think they hinted at more being pressed later. I'm thinking maybe a april rsd re-release. Different color or cover?
    Maybe later. But it has nothing to do with stores suddenly receiving stock now. There was already a delay in shipment. People had to reasonably understand that 13,000 copies weren’t sold in the last week and a half. 
  • Options
    True^^^pj vinyl makes us nuts
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Wish me luck. I ordered one. Gonna cost a bit to get it to the states with tracking, but it's worth it.

And thank you for posting all of these Demetrios. This has been a stressful experience for fans that just didn't have an opportunity at their local wrecka stow.
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    "The top-selling Record Store Day Black Friday-exclusive album at indie stores in the U.S. in the week ending Dec. 5 was Pearl Jam's vinyl LP debut of its 1992 MTV Unplugged concert. The seven-song MTV Unplugged set sold 10,000 copies."
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8545953/record-store-day-black-friday-2019-third-biggest-sales-week
  • Options
    BR2428BR2428 Posts: 120
    demetrios said:

I stopped in Jackpot this evening and scored a copy for someone on the board. I almost walked out without it because they were selling it for $29.99. I will post it in Lost Dogs tomorrow morning for cost + shipping.
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    BR2428 said:
    demetrios said:

I stopped in Jackpot this evening and scored a copy for someone on the board. I almost walked out without it because they were selling it for $29.99. I will post it in Lost Dogs tomorrow morning for cost + shipping.
    I pm’d you successfully I hope lol. Willing to take it. 
  • Options
    I don't think you fans in the USA realise how lucky you have it. I live in Australia... And the number of times I have gotten up in the morning and seen there is a Ten Club email with a members only item listed in the store, only to click through to the item to find out that it was sold out is numerous. The goods are listed at a time that is convenient for US citizens, but not so much for the rest of the world. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    vi7alogy said:
    I don't think you fans in the USA realise how lucky you have it. I live in Australia... And the number of times I have gotten up in the morning and seen there is a Ten Club email with a members only item listed in the store, only to click through to the item to find out that it was sold out is numerous. The goods are listed at a time that is convenient for US citizens, but not so much for the rest of the world. 
    But you have the advantage with AC/DC Merch

thats something
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    vi7alogy said:
    But you have the advantage with AC/DC Merch

thats something
    But is it? If AC/DC were my idols, I would agree. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,294
    vi7alogy said:
    I was online at 5.15am Sydney-time and these had already gone. It sucks that it happens so often.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options

• Options
    aF142117aF142117 Posts: 109
    demetrios said:

Hello, very interrested if someone could buy one for me... still looking for this LP... 
    i live in France. Pay pal ok for me
    thank u
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    vi7alogy said:
    I was online at 5.15am Sydney-time and these had already gone. It sucks that it happens so often.
    Me too buddy... My alarm goes off at 5am. 
  • Options
    One went up over at discogs for 20 Euros.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,971
    "The top-selling Record Store Day Black Friday-exclusive album at indie stores in the U.S. in the week ending Dec. 5 was Pearl Jam's vinyl LP debut of its 1992 MTV Unplugged concert. The seven-song MTV Unplugged set sold 10,000 copies."
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8545953/record-store-day-black-friday-2019-third-biggest-sales-week
    There we go. So what’s popping up now are the last 3000 give or take another few hundred. 
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Bugger all in Toronto.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    10C shipping emails going out...
  • Options
    There we go. So what’s popping up now are the last 3000 give or take another few hundred. 
    How many copies did LIVE ON TWO LEGS sell first week?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"