Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086
    Love the confirmation bias and assumptions with little to no information in this thread. Very social media like and very entertaining.
    "I'll tell ya exactly what is going on..."
    - Guy who is totally guessing what is going on
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,133
    There are 5 copies at Rolling Stones in Norridge, IL (Chicago Burbs) if people are still looking. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    PeterED said:
    Seriously, has Toronto been left out on purpose?
    I don't think it's Toronto.  I got the feeling Canada as an entire country got the shaft on copies :(
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,596
    It’s been over 2 weeks(17 days) and still averaging 3.5 x retail (around $69) but don’t worry cause a guy on here says it’s gonna be “extremely easy” to get, but only  if you are one of the first few people to cart on a random overseas record store that you’ve never heard of before, or can rush down to a record store in some far off place that decides to actually sell them and not flip for profit. 
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 433
    It’s been over 2 weeks(17 days) and still averaging 3.5 x retail (around $69) but don’t worry cause a guy on here says it’s gonna be “extremely easy” to get, but only  if you are one of the first few people to cart on a random overseas record store that you’ve never heard of before, or can rush down to a record store in some far off place that decides to actually sell them and not flip for profit. 
    It’s comical at this point, right? When it is May and this can be had for $30-40 everywhere, by all means step up and crow to the masses about your superior intelligence. But this is still averaging $70+ on eBay.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:
    I don't think it's Toronto.  I got the feeling Canada as an entire country got the shaft on copies :(
    I'm shocked as my local Taz Records locations had a good some of copies on RSD here in Atlantic Canada. Usually Toronto and the bigger Canadian cities get more stock then us. 
  • Options
    If you’re referring to me, the 2 week comment was on December 8th. The price is still dropping by the day, so go ahead and keep being angry.
  • Options
    JBob87 said:
    It’s comical at this point, right? When it is May and this can be had for $30-40 everywhere, by all means step up and crow to the masses about your superior intelligence. But this is still averaging $70+ on eBay.
    Comical? You people have zero patience and are the reason flipper prices become so high. Go ahead and pay the $70 for it. 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
  • Options
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Now it's sold out.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    Now it's sold out.
    Now .. back in stock.
  • Options
    zmoney2128zmoney2128 Chicago, IL Posts: 26
    There are 5 copies at Rolling Stones in Norridge, IL (Chicago Burbs) if people are still looking. 
    Weird, I called, but the person said they've been sold out since RSD.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:
    The only shop I know in Toronto that got a few copies was Rotate this on Ossington. Still waiting for the price of this to come down and unfortunately the only place that I can probably pick one up is eBay. 
  • Options
    DavidD said:
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:
    The only shop I know in Toronto that got a few copies was Rotate this on Ossington. Still waiting for the price of this to come down and unfortunately the only place that I can probably pick one up is eBay. 
    A small shop in Collingwood had 2 copies. $50 which I thought was high..but I saw another store commenting that wholesale price was $40CDN so not really "outrageous" I guess
  • Options
    euchrid said:
    DavidD said:
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:
    A small shop in Collingwood had 2 copies. $50 which I thought was high..but I saw another store commenting that wholesale price was $40CDN so not really "outrageous" I guess
    You must be talking about mad dogs!!!  Called at 8:30 and he said he had one left but wouldn’t hold for me.  
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,133
    That is weird. I was there yesterday and I saw them myself. And, there were actually 7, not 5. I posted that while I was shopping and then I saw 2 more up in the front of the store. 
  • Options
    vinyl boy said:
    euchrid said:
    DavidD said:
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:
    You must be talking about mad dogs!!!  Called at 8:30 and he said he had one left but wouldn’t hold for me.  
    Ya good on him though... "rules" and all :) He asked if I was the guy that called so that was you I guess. Following the "rules" myself I didn't even ask to buy both copies...so hopefully you got the other?
  • Options
  • Options
    ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    I went inside Rolling Stones this afternoon, since I was in the area, and they had none in stock. Maybe all copies got bought up before I got there.
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 480
    was/is 'Black Friday' a public holiday in the US?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Enzed said:
    Not technically, but most people have the day off since it's become pretty standard for companies to give a two-day break (Thursday and Friday) for Thanksgiving.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    Enzed said:
    No it's a day squished between US thanksgiving (Which is always a Thursday) and the weekend.  Many people take the day off to make it an extended long weekend.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    edited December 2019
    Zod said:
    Enzed said:
    No it's a day squished between US thanksgiving (Which is always a Thursday) and the weekend.  Many people take the day off to make it an extended long weekend.
    Unless you work retail...
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 252
    demetrios said:

Not in stock. They are taking pre-orders. They "believe" they "will receive some copies".

• Options
    euchrid said:
    vinyl boy said:
    euchrid said:
    DavidD said:
    Zod said:
    PeterED said:
    Ya good on him though... "rules" and all :) He asked if I was the guy that called so that was you I guess. Following the "rules" myself I didn't even ask to buy both copies...so hopefully you got the other?
    Nah not me. Asked my brother to go but he didn’t get there til noonish.  I did manage to get one through easy street.  Cost me $54 after exchange and shipping so not too bad.  It’s currently in transit.  Cheers
  • Options
    LostRebel said:
    demetrios said:

Not in stock. They are taking pre-orders. They "believe" they "will receive some copies".

Gotcha, as their PayPal & Add to Cart went back up. There are many other Euro online stores that are saying this too. That they believe they will be receiving stock soon. Not sure why they are reactivating their buy button if they don't have stock in hand. :/

• Options
    zmoney2128zmoney2128 Chicago, IL Posts: 26
    That is weird. I was there yesterday and I saw them myself. And, there were actually 7, not 5. I posted that while I was shopping and then I saw 2 more up in the front of the store. 
    I assume either way, by the time I called, they were again sold out. It's too bad I saw the posting a day late, I went was out on Saturday and stopped in a couple other shops to see if they happened to get a late shipment, but i didn't stop at Rolling Stone.