Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    Ships the 20th
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    Ships the 20th
    Ah ha. Didn't notice that. 
  • Options
    I think it’s way too early for a repress. They wouldn’t break queue to press a couple hundred of this. They would have to have an order in the tens of thousands to fit them in immediately. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    mickeyrat said:
    This is fucking BULLSHIT. Stand outside for an hour in 30 degree weather for these motherfuckers to turn and and AGAIN sell an RSD title outside of that . Money grubbing fucking whores.

add to that an announced tour AGAIN with no new music other than that fucking trash cant deny me.

You guys wanna pull this shit, re-release Benaroya  and Lost Dogs on vinyl.
    To be fair.  PJ usually holds a few copies of their RSD releases aside to sell to give people who missed out at record stores a chance to get one.   It's usually limited, but its nice to have a 2nd shot at one.   Given the speediness of this release, I'm not sure I buy the newsletter comment of a 2nd pressing.

PJ is a veteran rock act.   We all saw this happen with other veteran rock acts.   Why are people shocked when a veteran rock band starts to struggle creatively.  Give how many of my other favourite bands/musicicans have died/retired, I'm pretty happy that my favourite band continues to tour.  I usually find an opportunity to see a show (or two) every couple of years.   They have such a big catalog, I still haven't hear all my favourites....

I don't think Benaroya gets a reissue as it was limited from day 1.   Lost Dogs, LO2L, Rearviewmirror, they could all use ressiues.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,674
    edited December 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    bone said:
    ChrisdM said:
    I'm surprised tenclub didn't have more. With them saying "the label decided to press more", I thought there would be plenty to go around.
    It's amazing that the label bothered going through the effort to restart up the press just for 20 more copies.  
    They didn't. This is part of the original 13k. 

The newsletter makes it sound like the label ordered a second pressing. That may take 2-4 months before it lands in stores. 

for a newsletter thats usually vague with future details, this is a very specific note they included. Sounds like more will be coming. 
    I can go where I bought Easy Street in spring and pick it up now or just sit on my ass and go to amazon.....
    so you’re mad because you got the record but had to go line up and support a small business? I mean, you have the record, why does it matter what happens going forward? 
    I support that business anyway.....
    and this is yet another instance where this band says one thing and does another....

like xmas, err holiday. dammit I mean annual , well sorta semi annual singles they are currently 3 years late on? after skipping a year entirely? a single they accepted dues on then went back on their word?

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I guess I just don't get being upset that they are pressing more. 

• Options
    bonebone Posts: 493
    edited December 2019
    I guess I just don't get being upset that they are pressing more. 

Agreed.  I'm fortunate to have Benny and Lost Dogs, but wouldn't be pissed if they were repressed so more fans could get copies.  I just want to enjoy it myself without paying Comic Book Guy 5 times what he paid for it.  
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Zod said:
    mickeyrat said:
    This is fucking BULLSHIT. Stand outside for an hour in 30 degree weather for these motherfuckers to turn and and AGAIN sell an RSD title outside of that . Money grubbing fucking whores.

add to that an announced tour AGAIN with no new music other than that fucking trash cant deny me.

To be fair.  PJ usually holds a few copies of their RSD releases aside to sell to give people who missed out at record stores a chance to get one.   It's usually limited, but its nice to have a 2nd shot at one.   Given the speediness of this release, I'm not sure I buy the newsletter comment of a 2nd pressing.

PJ is a veteran rock act.   We all saw this happen with other veteran rock acts.   Why are people shocked when a veteran rock band starts to struggle creatively.  Give how many of my other favourite bands/musicicans have died/retired, I'm pretty happy that my favourite band continues to tour.  I usually find an opportunity to see a show (or two) every couple of years.   They have such a big catalog, I still haven't hear all my favourites....

I don't think Benaroya gets a reissue as it was limited from day 1.   Lost Dogs, LO2L, Rearviewmirror, they could all use ressiues.
    This was limited from day 1 also :lol:
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    pjl44 said:
    bone said:
    ChrisdM said:
    I'm surprised tenclub didn't have more. With them saying "the label decided to press more", I thought there would be plenty to go around.
    It's amazing that the label bothered going through the effort to restart up the press just for 20 more copies.  

The newsletter makes it sound like the label ordered a second pressing. That may take 2-4 months before it lands in stores. 

for a newsletter thats usually vague with future details, this is a very specific note they included. Sounds like more will be coming. 
    Couldn't these actually be part of the repress? They said it's a preorder. Did it say anything about an expected shipping date?
    They worded it weird in the newsletter.  Demand resulted in the label pressing more, and they now have some available in the shop.  It's weird because it's almost impossible to press/ship records in two weeks.   It seems to be closer to 6 months.    Maybe Sony was all over it when they realized orders from record stores exceeded supply.  It could be other things.  Today's supply could of been from RSD, but Sony could be planning another pressing down the road.  They might of worded the press release poorly?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    My hot take, keep stuff in print as long as there’s demand for it. Even benaroya. For the nerds who want collectable investments make the first run colored or numbered. Or alt album art.  Everything after that, black. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    My hot take, keep stuff in print as long as there’s demand for it. Even benaroya. For the nerds who want collectable investments make the first run colored. Everything after that, black. 
    Yes!
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    My hot take, keep stuff in print as long as there’s demand for it. Even benaroya. For the nerds who want collectable investments make the first run colored. Everything after that, black. 
    No way that happens. It's too logical.
  • Options
    BC62528BC62528 Posts: 199
    Out of Stock now...
  • Options
    shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 173
    BC62528 said:
    Out of Stock now...
    Yeah within minutes of the link going live. Before most even received the email. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Did it sell out?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    refreshing...
  • Options
    DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 94
    edited December 2019
    I ordered from Easy Street, credit card was charged, and got a tracking number on Dec 4th, but the tracking still shows: 
    SHIPPING LABEL CREATED, USPS AWAITING ITEM. 
    It has shown that status for 6 days now.
    Has anybody else also gotten a tracking number from Easy Street, but also has not been received by the post office yet from Easy Street?
    Post edited by DKedzie on
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,629
    Did it sell out?
    Yes. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,629
    mickeyrat said:

I’d love a Benaroya since I was there. Hope it happens some day. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    DKedzie said:
    I ordered from Easy Street, credit card was charged, and got a tracking number on Dec 4th, but the tracking still shows: 
    Has anybody else also gotten a tracking number from Easy Street, but also has not been received by the post office yet from Easy Street?
    I also ordered from easy street. CC was charged and email said order complete but I have no tracking #.  Here’s hoping it shows up north of the border 
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    edited December 2019
    vinyl boy said:
    DKedzie said:
    I also ordered from easy street. CC was charged and email said order complete but I have no tracking #.  Here’s hoping it shows up north of the border 
    Mine arrived here in Kentucky yesterday, never got a tracking number. Shipped Priority on the 4th.
    Post edited by philobeddoe on
  • Options
    vinyl boy said:
    DKedzie said:
    Mine arrived here in Kentucky yesterday, never got a tracking number. Shipped Priority on the 4th.
    Cool.
    My concern is that I DID get a tracking number, and the tracking shows that the item was never given to the post office to ship.
    I emailed Easy Street three days ago, and again this morning, asking about this issue, and no reply.
    I'll eventually have to dispute the charge, but obviously would rather have the item.
  • Options
    ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    DKedzie said:
    vinyl boy said:
    DKedzie said:
    Cool.
    My concern is that I DID get a tracking number, and the tracking shows that the item was never given to the post office to ship.
    I emailed Easy Street three days ago, and again this morning, asking about this issue, and no reply.
    I'll eventually have to dispute the charge, but obviously would rather have the item.
    That sucks. That's poor customer service.
  • Options
    got got my ES pj unplugged today, sounds incredible. Never got a tracking number, emailed Adam at ES and he sent me tracking number and said it will be to me next week and it was on my door step when I got home. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:
    bone said:
    ChrisdM said:

Couldn't these actually be part of the repress? They said it's a preorder. Did it say anything about an expected shipping date?
    They worded it weird in the newsletter.  Demand resulted in the label pressing more, and they now have some available in the shop.  It's weird because it's almost impossible to press/ship records in two weeks.   It seems to be closer to 6 months.    Maybe Sony was all over it when they realized orders from record stores exceeded supply.  It could be other things.  Today's supply could of been from RSD, but Sony could be planning another pressing down the road.  They might of worded the press release poorly?
    I read the email again and think everything you said is spot on. The only thing I could see is if the label got big order numbers and decided to make another pressing a while ago. Ultimately I guess we'll have more info once people start inspecting the physical product.
  • Options
    My hot take, keep stuff in print as long as there’s demand for it. Even benaroya. For the nerds who want collectable investments make the first run colored or numbered. Or alt album art.  Everything after that, black. 
    Again I say I love this idea
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    To help sooth someone poor soul who has missed out on this, I’m offering up my download code of Unplugged.  Cause its about the music... PM me. I’ll randomly select one of the first 5 people who do.

Also, if you’ve scored a copy of this don’t be an asshole and ask for it. That would be a major dick move.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    To help sooth someone poor soul who has missed out on this, I’m offering up my download code of Unplugged.  Cause its about the music... PM me. I’ll randomly select one of the first 5 people who do.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,420
    vinyl boy said:
    DKedzie said:
    I ordered with Easy Street too. I got the Order complete and CC charged email, but not  shipping confirmation with a tracking number , email . I emailed Easy Street asking for a update on my order.(I just that this morning)
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    Agreed. I've never subscribed to the theory from proponents of false scarcity and manufactured demand that if everyone could have one, nobody would want one. Press 'em out a whole new door.