Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    strilo said:
    I literally read the newsletter as soon as I got it, stopped right when I read about this release... and it was STILL sold out.
    For those who know...there's a few tricks. I got mine before 10am PT
    Keep your mouth shut mister
    If it's refreshing in the shop before 10am, then that's cool. If it's some kind of programmy/hacky/botty thing then, imo, lame.
  • Options
    got got my ES pj unplugged today, sounds incredible. Never got a tracking number, emailed Adam at ES and he sent me tracking number and said it will be to me next week and it was on my door step when I got home. 
    Glad you got yours.
    My concern is that mine hasn't even been brought to the post office yet, according to the tracking#.
    I realize there may be too many messages coming into Easy Street to address everyone individually in a timely manner, but they could put out a mass email, or post on social media a general update, like "We're still in the process of shipping orders from Dec 4th."
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    edited December 2019
    DKedzie said:
    got got my ES pj unplugged today, sounds incredible. Never got a tracking number, emailed Adam at ES and he sent me tracking number and said it will be to me next week and it was on my door step when I got home. 
    Glad you got yours.
    My concern is that mine hasn't even been brought to the post office yet, according to the tracking#.
    I realize there may be too many messages coming into Easy Street to address everyone individually in a timely manner, but they could put out a mass email, or post on social media a general update, like "We're still in the process of shipping orders from Dec 4th."

Mine me arrived yesterday. Never received a shipping notice email or tracking number.
     If your cc was billed your fine. Easy Street is a record store, not Amazon. Whoever they have packing up orders is probably also the person working the cash register or working in the cafe. It’s the holiday shopping season to boot.  

To give you an idea on Easy Street... When I was there a few years ago I found some 7”s signed by McCready in one of the bins. Just to confirm what I found I asked the person working in the record loft if it was so. “I’m not sure. I guess they are.” was the response I got.  
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    edited December 2019
    DKedzie said:
    Glad you got yours.

Mine me arrived yesterday. Never received a shipping notice email or tracking number.
     If your cc was billed your fine. Easy Street is a record store, not Amazon. Whoever they have packing up orders is probably also the person working the cash register or working in the cafe. It’s the holiday shopping season to boot.  

To give you an idea on Easy Street... When I was there a few years ago I found some 7”s signed by McCready in one of the bins. Just to confirm what I found I asked the person working in the record loft if it was so. “I’m not sure. I guess they are.” was the response I got.  
    Yes, and I'm hoping that is the case. Will just have to wait and see.
    Post edited by ChrisdM on
  • Options
    ChrisdM said:
    DKedzie said:
    Glad you got yours.

Yes, and I'm hoping that is the case. Will just have to wait and see.
    Yeah, I haven't heard of others that have gotten a tracking number that has shown no movement, though.
    We'll see.
  • Options
    To help sooth someone poor soul who has missed out on this, I’m offering up my download code of Unplugged.  Cause its about the music... PM me. I’ll randomly select one of the first 5 people who do.

Also, if you’ve scored a copy of this don’t be an asshole and ask for it. That would be a major dick move.
    What did I miss? Download of this? Got lucky and got this. Was checking out at a store and this email drops. Fumbling with my phone. Card I was using was in the chip reader. Customers behind me looking at me. Apologized to the cashier. I laughed as I walked away as I thought how funny to stop and try to explain my slowness in a busy store line. "So see....I'm a member in a band fan club. Annnd... they release hard to get stuff...and I'll just be on my way. Loved this show and songs. Can't wait to spin it. 
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Comes with an mp3 download.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    bazzer said:
    Comes with an mp3 download.
    I find it much more useful when they come with FLAC.  It seems wierd to give mp3 when people are buying records.   Luckily the DVD has fantastic audio and some kind people on the internet ripped the audio from the DVD a long time ago :)

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    most people who DL listen to mp3s and most won't know how to convert FLAC
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838

Wish they did. There's a nice RSD vinyl 24Bit FLAC rip which is a wonderful listen on the Pono Player. :) 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    bone said:
    ChrisdM said:
    I'm surprised tenclub didn't have more. With them saying "the label decided to press more", I thought there would be plenty to go around.
    It's amazing that the label bothered going through the effort to restart up the press just for 20 more copies.  
    They didn't. This is part of the original 13k. 

The newsletter makes it sound like the label ordered a second pressing. That may take 2-4 months before it lands in stores. 

for a newsletter thats usually vague with future details, this is a very specific note they included. Sounds like more will be coming. 
    That's the way I took it.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039
    This pressing sounds excellent! Mine arrived in Michigan on Monday from Easy Street!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039
    demetrios said:

Wish they did. There's a nice RSD vinyl 24Bit FLAC rip which is a wonderful listen on the Pono Player. :) 
    Where is this rip located?

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Anybody want a download code?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Anybody want a download code?
    Ya, if you are offering!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    DKedzie said:
    Glad you got yours.
    I just sent a e-mail to Adam. I sent one to a different person but i haven't heard back.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    That's an odd statement.  There's no point in converting mp3 to FLAC, the quality is already lost.  That's why it's awesome when the included download code lets you choose the quality you want.  Then everyone wins.   A lot people seem to buy vinyl for the audio quality, so it seems weird to me they would only include the lowest common denominator when it comes to audio quality.   To be fair lots of records don't come with codes.  The ones that do, maybe 50% are mp3 only, and the other 50% let you choose the quality.    The latter is the best.  Everyone wins.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Code is claimed!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    I have a download code available if someone wants it.
  • Options

lunamusic

🎯🎳♟ Super SCORE! Don’t pay those outrageous discogs prices 💰💸 - Pearl Jam “Unplugged” LP from #rsdblackfriday is now BACK IN STOCK! ⏳ They may not last long though! Come and get while you can. 🔔 #pearljam #pearljamunplugged #unplugged #vinyl #liverecords #records #vinyl #reissue #grunge #alternative #lunalovesyou

• Options

marvsrecordshop

Massive restock today of some of our best selling albums throughout the last year, including Pearl Jam’s highly sought after RSD Black Friday Release, and holiday releases from JD McPherson and Bad Religion.

Everything pictured and more are hitting the shelves right now! Limited quantities available, and sorry, no holds. So get here quick!

#newvinyl #recordstore #records #desmoines #iowa #eastvillagedsm #pearljam #lanadelrey #colterwall

• Options
    demetrios said:

lunamusic

🎯🎳♟ Super SCORE! Don’t pay those outrageous discogs prices 💰💸 - Pearl Jam “Unplugged” LP from #rsdblackfriday is now BACK IN STOCK! ⏳ They may not last long though! Come and get while you can. 🔔 #pearljam #pearljamunplugged #unplugged #vinyl #liverecords #records #vinyl #reissue #grunge #alternative #lunalovesyou

In store only...if anyone in the area want to help ship let me know. They will take payment over the phone and hold, but won't ship.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Travelar said:
    I have a download code available if someone wants it.
    Code has been claimed.

• Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    demetrios said:

lunamusic

In store only...if anyone in the area want to help ship let me know. They will take payment over the phone and hold, but won't ship.
    Me as well please. Shipping to Canada though. Any help would be great!! 

• Options

And they ship to Canada.

• Options

• Options
    Heads up ...

"For international orders we use other shipping policy and is not available through our webshop right now. The shipping costs to Canada without track and trace is €18,20. Including track and trace it will be €24,30. We won’t cancel your order until you’ve paid the difference of the shipping costs of your choice. Best, Sounds Tilburg "

• Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    edited December 2019
    There's also like 15 on Discogs now at less than €40 before shipping.  Still too much, paritally because shipping is also €20, but it appears that some of the unclaimed stock is starting to show up in places and pricing is settling down a bit. 
    Post edited by bone on
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    bone said:
    There's also like 15 on Discogs now at less than €40 before shipping.  Still too much, paritally because shipping is also €20, but it appears that some of the unclaimed stock is starting to show up in places and pricing is settling down a bit. 
    I don't know.  I just checked ebay after your post, and there are only 37 for sale.  That's a small amount percentage-wise.
    I know I'm not taking into account the ones already sold on ebay and discogs, but it seems like the price has stayed constant, around $75.
    I don't see it going down unless there is a full blown repress, which I don't think is what the newsletter meant.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    It enters the Billboard 200 at #81. It could have been higher if shipments weren't delayed and if it was available on streaming
    I miss igotid88