Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,629

What song is this?
    Even Flow 
    ‘98 Maui show 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    pjl44 said:
    It's all just a slow wank until we get the real scoop from @LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan

I'm not believing until I read the article on Alt Nation.
    post of the night!
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,818
    pjl44 said:
    It's all just a slow wank until we get the real scoop from @LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan

I'm not believing until I read the article on Alt Nation.
    post of the night!
    Yup
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Album, tour. Sign me up. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,080
    Bring on the album!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,147
    I am excited about the news in this thread!  Despite all the weird negativity. I can say this...I’ve been on here a LONG time and can tell you Dimi has never steered me wrong. Whatever it is, a tour, a new album or something else, I am fucking excited. Life is short and PJ is something that has always made me happy so I’m positive whatever is coming will be awesome!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,333

What song is this?
    20th century  . Brad
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    This is most exciting news.   My plan this year is not to listen to any leaks or singles from the record.  Gonna stay away from it.   Been a long time since I just sat down to listen to a record front to back. 
     οκ.ill tell u this,,,impossible to make it..cos will blow your mind whats coming,.u will not hold it...impossible,..
    This could mean that the recordings are done and the rehearsals are over!?
    The new album will be played live front to back in they rehearsal space/HQ and will be video streamed before any audio portion of the new album will be released or leak!
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,010
    Surely these ‘leaks’ to the board members aka ‘insiders’ is a strategic ploy. 

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,010
    D.Frank said:
    This is most exciting news.   My plan this year is not to listen to any leaks or singles from the record.  Gonna stay away from it.   Been a long time since I just sat down to listen to a record front to back. 
     οκ.ill tell u this,,,impossible to make it..cos will blow your mind whats coming,.u will not hold it...impossible,..
    The new album will be played live front to back in they rehearsal space/HQ and will be video streamed before any audio portion of the new album will be released or leak!
    Maybe a new song release each week until we get a whole album? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    D.Frank said:
    Maybe a new song release each week until we get a whole album? 
    Hope not, i just want the real thing. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    edited August 2019
    nvm
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    edited August 2019
    D.Frank said:
    sounds to me that you can stream pj concerts live, Dimi's hint above
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,314
    I love the Internet.  You have a guy in Italy arguing with a guy in Greece about 5 (6?) guys Comings-&-Goings in Seattle.  What a wonderful year 2019 is.  How come we don't have any sources in Seattle?  The last PJ book was written by a Dane.  Germany seems to have achieved a Boston/NY rep for fantastic shows.  And we wonder why PJ & Ed are always touring Europe.  Seems like that's where all the energy is.  Who's writing a PJ book in Philly or leaking info from Seattle?  Even our best PJ related charities are in the UK.  Someone bump Project Yellow Ribbon of North Jersey....PLEASE.  Plus the whining and moaning and complaining of the US fans is just the worst.  We are so entitled over here, no wonder the Band enjoys Euro Fans more.  Tough to admit, but the Band is just more Euro-Centric now.  They started as a US band, but not anymore, you go to where the love is.

This rant started out as a check on who our sources are and how they get their info and how we discuss said info: but it really took a weird turn.  Sorry about that.  Just remember, it's been like this for the past 10-15 years.  Arena holds that were confirmed then cancelled.  10C promises made and then forgotten.  Big press-releases followed by silence.  Fits, and Starts and Stops, and side projects.

Until the album pre-sale is up in the shoppe or you enter your info in the tour lottery, nothing is promised and nothing is guaranteed.  Tomorrow is not promised or guaranteed.  Until that 2017 holiday single shows up at your door it's just another sunk cost in your life.  Let it go.

Life is so rich and varied and full of wonder and excitement.  Yes, PJ adds to that wonder & Excitement, but they shouldn't be and can't be the only sources of it.  Tap into your other sources of wonder & excitement until the PJ machine turns back on.   Enjoy your partner, Kids, a beer, a trip, a new culture, art, music, books, movies, God, Nature, friends, whatever it is.  Go Enjoy, we'll still be here waiting when you get back.

Later, Chris.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,874
    Life is so rich and varied and full of wonder and excitement.  Yes, PJ adds to that wonder & Excitement, but they shouldn't be and can't be the only sources of it.  Tap into your other sources of wonder & excitement until the PJ machine turns back on.   Enjoy your partner, Kids, a beer, a trip, a new culture, art, music, books, movies, God, Nature, friends, whatever it is.  Go Enjoy, we'll still be here waiting when you get back.
    ^^ Well said, Chris
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Nothing is promised and nothing is guaranteed.  Tomorrow is not promised or guaranteed.  Until that 2017 holiday single shows up at your door it's just another sunk cost in your life.  Let it go.

Well said Chris. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    I love the Internet.  You have a guy in Italy arguing with a guy in Greece about 5 (6?) guys Comings-&-Goings in Seattle.  What a wonderful year 2019 is.  How come we don't have any sources in Seattle?  The last PJ book was written by a Dane.  Germany seems to have achieved a Boston/NY rep for fantastic shows.  And we wonder why PJ & Ed are always touring Europe.  Seems like that's where all the energy is.  Who's writing a PJ book in Philly or leaking info from Seattle?  Even our best PJ related charities are in the UK.  Someone bump Project Yellow Ribbon of North Jersey....PLEASE.  Plus the whining and moaning and complaining of the US fans is just the worst.  We are so entitled over here, no wonder the Band enjoys Euro Fans more.  Tough to admit, but the Band is just more Euro-Centric now.  They started as a US band, but not anymore, you go to where the love is.

This rant started out as a check on who our sources are and how they get their info and how we discuss said info: but it really took a weird turn.  Sorry about that.  Just remember, it's been like this for the past 10-15 years.  Arena holds that were confirmed then cancelled.  10C promises made and then forgotten.  Big press-releases followed by silence.  Fits, and Starts and Stops, and side projects.

Until the album pre-sale is up in the shoppe or you enter your info in the tour lottery, nothing is promised and nothing is guaranteed.  Tomorrow is not promised or guaranteed.  Until that 2017 holiday single shows up at your door it's just another sunk cost in your life.  Let it go.

Later, Chris.
    Well said, Chris.
  • Options
    This whole thread is the reason Fuck Me In The Brain is a song..... 

I DON'T BELIEVE NOTHING......
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 788
    Very comical to me how many fans already know how much filler a double album would hold. If we were to truly be blessed with a double album it might be best to reserve judgement until you've heard it.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    raindog80 said:
    D-Rod said:
    All jokes aside but that DOES sound like a double album.   

No double album. 
    I knew I saw this somewhere...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,507
    DEGBTI said:
    raindog80 said:
    D-Rod said:
    All jokes aside but that DOES sound like a double album.   

No double album. 
    I knew I saw this somewhere...
    So... just saving money for a regular album?  Got it. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,147
    Deadman said:
    Very comical to me how many fans already know how much filler a double album would hold. If we were to truly be blessed with a double album it might be best to reserve judgement until you've heard it.
    It is truly amazing isn't it?!?  First of all, there is zero substance to the rumor that there will even be a double album.  Second, as soon as its even mentioned it already sucks with a bunch of filler.  But its not surprising on here with the amount of ridiculous posts I've seen over the years.
  • Options
    you know whats hilarious? We've been bitching about new music for 6 years now, and now that a double album is on the table, we haven't even heard it and its already "filler". 

this life is the best and worst thing thats ever happened to me...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    you know whats hilarious? We've been bitching about new music for 6 years now, and now that a double album is on the table, we haven't even heard it and its already "filler". 

this life is the best and worst thing thats ever happened to me...
    expectations are low while hope is high. that's all that is. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,955
    When I posted in another thread that they are definitely working on a new album, there was negativity and disbelief. I know you don't really know me, but I have nothing to gain by yanking yer chain. My good friend, for many decades, heard it straight from someone in the band. I don't know where they are in the process, but it is coming, and from the description, it sounds like it might be different from what we've heard. I wish I could say more, but I shouldn't even be saying the very little that I've said. I'm just excited and we should all just be excited for some new songs on horizon. 
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    When I posted in another thread that they are definitely working on a new album, there was negativity and disbelief. I know you don't really know me, but I have nothing to gain by yanking yer chain. My good friend, for many decades, heard it straight from someone in the band. I don't know where they are in the process, but it is coming, and from the description, it sounds like it might be different from what we've heard. I wish I could say more, but I shouldn't even be saying the very little that I've said. I'm just excited and we should all just be excited for some new songs on horizon. 
    Keep posting.  There will always be haters.  It's exciting to get nuggets like this.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    negativity? about the band being in the studio?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,933
    It's just negativity from people who literally won't believe anything unless Kat or Sea announce it here.  Or, people annoyed that these guys won't spill the beans on everything the know.  But that's how you lose sources.  
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    Double album with a surprise drop, Australia January/February, East Coast May-June, West Coast August-September. 2 shows in each city, 1 arena, 1 small venue fan club only. Pure speculation 
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends: