Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,023
    JojoRice said:
    I wonder if Can't Deny Me will be included.  
    I'm assuming it will be on the new album.
    Hopefully it won't, notwithstanding the "forthcoming" thing. The same way I was wishing Olé wouldn't make it on the next album... 
    it may not matter.   Including it doesn’t mean it would knock a song off the record.  
    Ya I am betting it is on it and will not bump a song off. I mean they could have filled a whole CD combining Backspacer and Lightning Bolt so it is not like they are fighting for space. Dimi has hinted at something special with the album though so who knows what is going on. 
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 340
    can't deny me extended cowbell remix featuring will ferrell
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 3,010
    Maybe an EDM remix of Ole and CDM together?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Wouldn't shock me for them to record Brandi Carlisle's "Not Today" for next album.  They covered at the Stadium shows and seemed to work
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    wbutler29 said:
    Wouldn't shock me for them to record Brandi Carlisle's "Not Today" for next album.  They covered at the Stadium shows and seemed to work

They already put out a studio version of it!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    wbutler29 said:
    Already recorded and released:

https://smile.amazon.com/Cover-Stories-Carlile-Celebrates-Benefit/dp/B06Y3Q58G1/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=brandi+carlile&qid=1567619040&s=gateway&sr=8-7

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    yall are a bunch of memers..... 
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    My very reliable source informed me that they fired Eddie and now Stone is the new PJ lead singer (time was due). They also called back Dave Abbruzzese behind the drumkit. The latest news are Eddie and Matt are now forming a new funky band and their intention is to finally give a proper release to all of the Bad Radio era stuff. Pretty great if you ask me. Mind is blown in a Moline+Milwaukee style.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,018
    Just give me some philly/New York shows and one new place I can see them.  Minneapolis or Austin would be sweet. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,031
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just give me some philly/New York shows and one new place I can see them.  Minneapolis or Austin would be sweet. 
    we'll meet up for some craft beer, pizza, and torture if it happens! LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    we'll meet up for some craft beer, pizza, and torture if it happens! LOL
    I am in!!!! 
  • Options
    Anyone gonna get that REM monster boxset. Love that lp

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    eboweddie said:
    have tried and tried and tried to get into them. partly because they have such an extensive catalogue, but also because one of my favourite bands absolutely loves them (and plays covers of their songs often live). But I just can't get into them. too melancholy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I never saw them live. Massive fuck up on my part.  

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    My very reliable source informed me that they fired Eddie and now Stone is the new PJ lead singer (time was due). They also called back Dave Abbruzzese behind the drumkit. The latest news are Eddie and Matt are now forming a new funky band and their intention is to finally give a proper release to all of the Bad Radio era stuff. Pretty great if you ask me. Mind is blown in a Moline+Milwaukee style.
    Bad Radio reunion, finally! LOL!
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    eboweddie said:
    have tried and tried and tried to get into them. partly because they have such an extensive catalogue, but also because one of my favourite bands absolutely loves them (and plays covers of their songs often live). But I just can't get into them. too melancholy. 
    If you have access to a music streaming service, I would recommend listening to REM at the BBC volume 4. Good mix of rockers and melancholy and the best sounding live recording I've heard of them. Songs really pop, vocals are on point and guitar work is excellent. I never got in to REM either, but last winter I listened to everything chronologically from the beginning through Automatic for the People and have a whole new appreciation for them. Lots of not melancholy songs on those albums.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    eboweddie said:
    If you have access to a music streaming service, I would recommend listening to REM at the BBC volume 4. Good mix of rockers and melancholy and the best sounding live recording I've heard of them. Songs really pop, vocals are on point and guitar work is excellent. I never got in to REM either, but last winter I listened to everything chronologically from the beginning through Automatic for the People and have a whole new appreciation for them. Lots of not melancholy songs on those albums.
    I do, and I will. thanks for the tip! (that's what she said)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,012
    I wonder if the much discussed Of the Earth has been a part of these recording sessions? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    I wonder if the much discussed Of the Earth has been a part of these recording sessions? 
    Dont' think so but never say never. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    Give me Of The Earth and the two Songs That Shall Not Be Named and I can die happy
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:
    Give me Of The Earth and the two Songs That Shall Not Be Named and I can die happy
    HAHA. I think we're allowed to name them these days. I have seen them named several times without incident. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Mike D88 said:
    HAHA. I think we're allowed to name them these days. I have seen them named several times without incident. 

Are we talking let it ride and cold confession?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mike D88 said:

Are we talking let it ride and cold confession?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sure stick turn the corner on it

• Options
    Mike D88 said:
    Maybe on a lost dogs 2. Those songs have already been around quite a while. 
  • Options
    I feel like a dumb ass. What are these 2 songs Let it Ride and Cold Confession. This is my first time even knowing such things exist. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    I feel like a dumb ass. What are these 2 songs Let it Ride and Cold Confession. This is my first time even knowing such things exist. 
    Two songs from the Avocado sessions. Leaked a few years back, sounding great. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    Cold confession is one of the coolest things they’ve produced since riot act imo
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Awesome. Thank you!! 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Cold confession is one of the coolest things they’ve produced since riot act imo
    It's okay.  I just don't think it goes anywhere.  It would be dull live.