Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,039
    ponner1us said:
    Double album with a surprise drop, Australia January/February, East Coast May-June, West Coast August-September. 2 shows in each city, 1 arena, 1 small venue fan club only. Pure speculation 

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,925
    I love the Internet.  You have a guy in Italy arguing with a guy in Greece about 5 (6?) guys Comings-&-Goings in Seattle.  What a wonderful year 2019 is.  How come we don't have any sources in Seattle?  The last PJ book was written by a Dane.  Germany seems to have achieved a Boston/NY rep for fantastic shows.  And we wonder why PJ & Ed are always touring Europe.  Seems like that's where all the energy is.  Who's writing a PJ book in Philly or leaking info from Seattle?  Even our best PJ related charities are in the UK.  Someone bump Project Yellow Ribbon of North Jersey....PLEASE.  Plus the whining and moaning and complaining of the US fans is just the worst.  We are so entitled over here, no wonder the Band enjoys Euro Fans more.  Tough to admit, but the Band is just more Euro-Centric now.  They started as a US band, but not anymore, you go to where the love is.

This rant started out as a check on who our sources are and how they get their info and how we discuss said info: but it really took a weird turn.  Sorry about that.  Just remember, it's been like this for the past 10-15 years.  Arena holds that were confirmed then cancelled.  10C promises made and then forgotten.  Big press-releases followed by silence.  Fits, and Starts and Stops, and side projects.

Until the album pre-sale is up in the shoppe or you enter your info in the tour lottery, nothing is promised and nothing is guaranteed.  Tomorrow is not promised or guaranteed.  Until that 2017 holiday single shows up at your door it's just another sunk cost in your life.  Let it go.

Life is so rich and varied and full of wonder and excitement.  Yes, PJ adds to that wonder & Excitement, but they shouldn't be and can't be the only sources of it.  Tap into your other sources of wonder & excitement until the PJ machine turns back on.   Enjoy your partner, Kids, a beer, a trip, a new culture, art, music, books, movies, God, Nature, friends, whatever it is.  Go Enjoy, we'll still be here waiting when you get back.

Later, Chris.
     Perfectly worded Chris. 
  • Options
    In the meantime, It is exciting to see some news and rumors swirling around to get us excited for whats to come. Cant wait for the next shows. 
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 919
    Earliest shows in the states would resemble 2016 with a run starting in early April with tix dropping in January if I recall.  Best Case
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,026
    edited August 2019
    Ray J. T. said:
    I love the Internet.  You have a guy in Italy arguing with a guy in Greece about 5 (6?) guys Comings-&-Goings in Seattle.  What a wonderful year 2019 is.  How come we don't have any sources in Seattle?  The last PJ book was written by a Dane.  Germany seems to have achieved a Boston/NY rep for fantastic shows.  And we wonder why PJ & Ed are always touring Europe.  Seems like that's where all the energy is.  Who's writing a PJ book in Philly or leaking info from Seattle?  Even our best PJ related charities are in the UK.  Someone bump Project Yellow Ribbon of North Jersey....PLEASE.  Plus the whining and moaning and complaining of the US fans is just the worst.  We are so entitled over here, no wonder the Band enjoys Euro Fans more.  Tough to admit, but the Band is just more Euro-Centric now.  They started as a US band, but not anymore, you go to where the love is.

This rant started out as a check on who our sources are and how they get their info and how we discuss said info: but it really took a weird turn.  Sorry about that.  Just remember, it's been like this for the past 10-15 years.  Arena holds that were confirmed then cancelled.  10C promises made and then forgotten.  Big press-releases followed by silence.  Fits, and Starts and Stops, and side projects.

Until the album pre-sale is up in the shoppe or you enter your info in the tour lottery, nothing is promised and nothing is guaranteed.  Tomorrow is not promised or guaranteed.  Until that 2017 holiday single shows up at your door it's just another sunk cost in your life.  Let it go.

Life is so rich and varied and full of wonder and excitement.  Yes, PJ adds to that wonder & Excitement, but they shouldn't be and can't be the only sources of it.  Tap into your other sources of wonder & excitement until the PJ machine turns back on.   Enjoy your partner, Kids, a beer, a trip, a new culture, art, music, books, movies, God, Nature, friends, whatever it is.  Go Enjoy, we'll still be here waiting when you get back.

Later, Chris.
     Perfectly worded Chris. 
    I think it is a pretty lame comment with zero truth in it when pertaining to North American fans but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,943
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Later, Chris.
     Perfectly worded Chris. 
    I think it is a pretty lame comment with zero truth in it when pertaining to North American fans but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 
    Yeah, the last paragraph was well stated.  But the rest?  Meh
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Later, Chris.
     Perfectly worded Chris. 
    I don't believe he was speaking about ALL the North American fans. There are many of us who don't come on here and complain every little chance we get about anything going on or not going on with the band, or even what "is owed to us as a fanbase". I like most fans come on here to discuss what are some of the things we have to look forward to with our favorite band, and relive some of the highlights of some of our greatest experiences. Now I will say this about @dimitrispearljam when he says anything about the band, I listen. The ghost seems to come through with a lot of information that you can take to the bank. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Later, Chris.
     Perfectly worded Chris. 
    That and the last paragraph is perfectly worded but who is it directed to? Is there people here not following these rules? We are on a Pearl Jam forum so of course the focus of discussion and central talk is going to be the band. Does everyone really want to hear about my trip to Shediac this weekend or the fact that I am pumped that 2020 is looking like a strong year to be a Pearl Jam fan. 

Well worded but just not sure why its necessary I guess. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,556
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Later, Chris.
     Perfectly worded Chris. 
    Agreed.  All those things could apply to any group of fans. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    you know whats hilarious? We've been bitching about new music for 6 years now, and now that a double album is on the table, we haven't even heard it and its already "filler". 

this life is the best and worst thing thats ever happened to me...
    😂😂
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    When I posted in another thread that they are definitely working on a new album, there was negativity and disbelief. I know you don't really know me, but I have nothing to gain by yanking yer chain. My good friend, for many decades, heard it straight from someone in the band. I don't know where they are in the process, but it is coming, and from the description, it sounds like it might be different from what we've heard. I wish I could say more, but I shouldn't even be saying the very little that I've said. I'm just excited and we should all just be excited for some new songs on horizon. 
    Dude, this is the type of post that are suppose to be in this forum......and yes, very exciting that there is new music on the horizon.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,079
    I don't even know where double album came to the table. 

I think this is one of those purple monkey dishwasher situations. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,666
    Mercury was just leaked!  I wonder if this is new re-recorded or just the old demo we heard.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    mvw said:
    Mercury was just leaked!  I wonder if this is new re-recorded or just the old demo we heard.

Refresh my memory, what is Mercury?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,440

I think, but could be wrong, that it was a post by Jill Vedder about one, maybe two albums forthcoming. The post was not up very long and some speculated that it was a PJ and EV solo album. Then before you knew it a double album was the latest guess. 
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 954
    If we get a new lp. 12 new songs or so. And a tour of more then 30 shows. I'd be delighted. Have car will travel.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,177
    mvw said:

I’m wondering as well.
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,666
    mvw said:

I’m wondering as well.
    http://www.theskyiscrape.com/2013/03/descriptions-of-pearl-jams-latest-demos.html
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    This is so exciting and very cool to read!!!!! 
    I hope they will take their time yet hurry up!!!!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    mvw said:
    mvw said:

I’m wondering as well.
    http://www.theskyiscrape.com/2013/03/descriptions-of-pearl-jams-latest-demos.html
    Interesting in retrospect that none of those demos would wind up on Lightning Bolt.  
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,652

The band will never release a double album.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    100 Pacer said:

The band will never release another double album.
    ^Fixed. 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,177
    mvw said:
    mvw said:

I’m wondering as well.
    Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited August 2019
    I will take a quadruple album with a side of tour please. Or I’ll take an EP with some 10 club only theater shows. Just please give me new music and live shows 2020
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    edited August 2019
    mvw said:
    What? :D The TSIS list was an April Fool.
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,079

I think, but could be wrong, that it was a post by Jill Vedder about one, maybe two albums forthcoming. The post was not up very long and some speculated that it was a PJ and EV solo album. Then before you knew it a double album was the latest guess. 
     :o 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Ya I remember that too. When Eddie announced his Euro tour. 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    PJNB said:

Ya I remember that too. When Eddie announced his Euro tour. 
    The band and EV solo is always working, so... 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,723

Anyone have a screen shot of this post from Instagram? 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Anyone have a screen shot of this post from Instagram? 
    I don't, but it was in mid-April and she took it down pretty shortly after posting it. It was an exchange in the comments in French. Source for the, cough, journalistic integrity of the inevitable altnation post: my text message history.