Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    mace1229 said:
    Easy street would have been a great idea. Who here would have complained if that was the 2017/18 single? I’m guessing not 1 person. But they chose to charge us $40 instead of giving us something we paid for going on 3 years ago.
    That would have been a great idea. Hell, it could have still be a record-store release for non-tenclub members, and free for members. 
    Actually on  second thought it wouldn’t be fair to digital members.  They are still owed something as well, and making it something that’s been available and probably own for over 10 years wouldn’t be fair.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    epie said:
    If I got a $20-$30 discount off of the next vault I would be happy in lieu of these singles.  I agree though not a good look to just sweep the issue under the carpet and ignore.
    That’s not a bad idea, I would go for that considering we have no idea when the singles will be coming 
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    We do get a download of a full show and a t shirt for the cost of membership. And PJ were the first band I believe to release 99% of their live shows to us fans so there are still great benefits besides the tickets. Tickets are huge too. 

But yes the singles and Deep were part of the deal so those that are owed still need to be compensated. Myself included. 

All in all, it’s still a great fan club and doesn’t hurt that it’s for the best band of all time. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,950
    edited July 2019
    They should just do a 12" of a single Bridge School set or a 97 Rolling Stone opening set or something (thats 6-8 songs), and just call it even for the 2 years of singles and the deep and lets just call it a day for the membership stuff. 

Ultimately, it happens when it happens. Its not why i'm in the club and I think I get enough from the band annually so I'm never for want of stuff. But in the end I think most people want to move on from the criticism, the complaints, the waiting, and the obligation.

• Options
    I’d be happy with a refund
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    We do get a download of a full show and a t shirt for the cost of membership. And PJ were the first band I believe to release 99% of their live shows to us fans so there are still great benefits besides the tickets. Tickets are huge too. 

But yes the singles and Deep were part of the deal so those that are owed still need to be compensated. Myself included. 

All in all, it’s still a great fan club and doesn’t hurt that it’s for the best band of all time. 
    I'm pretty sure Phish has been providing live shows via nugs.net before Pearl Jam.  They've been selling their own tickets ("mail order") since at least 1995, and they don't have a fan club you have to pay for.

Way back when PJ wanted to sell their own tickets, I think they had to make a paid fan club.  Part of ticketmaster's BS was that they said they would allow bands to sell their own tickets if they had a paid membership fanclub.  However, bands like Grateful Dead and Phish had big enough fan bases that they were always able to get around the ticketmaster/paid fan club BS.

*happy analog member here but will be downgrading to digital because I like vinyl and believe in getting what I paid for
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Enzed said:
    Just downgraded my membership. Came close to pulling the plug altogether.
    +1
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301

I'm pretty sure Phish has been providing live shows via nugs.net before Pearl Jam.  They've been selling their own tickets ("mail order") since at least 1995, and they don't have a fan club you have to pay for.

Way back when PJ wanted to sell their own tickets, I think they had to make a paid fan club.  Part of ticketmaster's BS was that they said they would allow bands to sell their own tickets if they had a paid membership fanclub.  However, bands like Grateful Dead and Phish had big enough fan bases that they were always able to get around the ticketmaster/paid fan club BS.

*happy analog member here but will be downgrading to digital because I like vinyl and believe in getting what I paid for
    Pearl jam started releasing basically every show in 2000, before nugs existed. Everyone followed pj in this. 

As for tickets, initially the club was $5, got you the single and other benefits plus ticket access. Club, until this year (one could argue), has always been about more than tickets
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    NewJPage said:

Pearl jam started releasing basically every show in 2000, before nugs existed. Everyone followed pj in this. 

As for tickets, initially the club was $5, got you the single and other benefits plus ticket access. Club, until this year (one could argue), has always been about more than tickets
    Didn't realize Pearl Jam started releasing most live shows in 2000 (when Phish was on hiatus).  

I just see so much bitching about nugs.net on here, mainly their shipping time.

Most fans don't seem to realize they started with Phish in 2002, and they have released every live phish show since their comeback in 2002 within a few hours of the performance.  They now do this for many bands, and they offer tons of streaming webcasts these days as well.  CDs are probably the smallest part of nugs.net business these day, even with obsessive Pearl Jam fans.

Also, it's nice Pearl Jam used to charge less for access to fan club tickets.  There are some who would argue they should charge more to keep flippers away.  

I'm just saying there are a small handful of bands who offer their own ticketing, without fan clubs, or live nation merchandising gimmicks, and Pearl Jam is not one.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    mace1229 said:
    Easy street would have been a great idea. Who here would have complained if that was the 2017/18 single? I’m guessing not 1 person. But they chose to charge us $40 instead of giving us something we paid for going on 3 years ago.
    I wouldn't have complained per se, but I'd prefer that whatever they cook up for these things be unique releases
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    just saw this on facebook.. Weird that they don't just write it here and pin it

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    just saw this on facebook.. Weird that they don't just write it here and pin it
    That's been the language they've used all year. It is not new
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    What is so weird to me is that they are still producing 2 back years of Deep. I guess it will be deep alright, deep in the past.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    That’s what you get when you have the band have most of the input instead of a massive organization just pump it out 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    So we are adding a 2019 version of Deep to the pile. Interesting. I still kind of expect that to go the way of the single on January 1st, 2020.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    yeah, its inevitable.

• Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    so fucked
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    That’s what you get when you have the band have most of the input instead of a massive organization just pump it out 
    This is very true but still pathetic of the band to disregard this issue for years now. The fact of the matter is that if the band cared about the Ten Club, this would've been made a priority after the first year of missing singles/Deep. The band does not care about the fans but check out the new shirts on for sale on the web site! Sorry but I've had it with these spoiled rich rock stars. They've had chances to make this right but they continually ask us to buy new merch from them.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Just gotta let it go.  The uproar was heard.  If we get it, we get it.  If not, then oh well.  Unless you plan on a lawsuit then what else can you do but move on.

IMO, because they didn't promise a date, they could easily say "it's always been the case that the record has been delivered when it's ready and this is no different" and the plaintiff wouldn't have much to stand on.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    JimmyV said:
    So we are adding a 2019 version of Deep to the pile. Interesting. I still kind of expect that to go the way of the single on January 1st, 2020.

The 2019 Deep would include eligiblity for anyone who renews or signs up on the last day of the year. It shouldn't even be expected until January 2020.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    If this really chaps your ass, your only recourse is to stop spending money. Don't re-up your membership, stop buying merch, don't buy tickets, etc. Some or all of that depending on how frustrated you are. I suppose you could also try to get third parties involved but that seems disproportionately spiteful and a complete waste of time.

I get being annoyed with the situation, but lashing out with insults while continuing to buy stuff is particularly obnoxious. 
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    I said it once, I'll say it again. Treat the two missing singles like a double 7' like the 1995 one. On one you can put two Avocado outtakes on it (Cold Confessions / Let It Ride), and on the other you can put two Binaural outtakes on it (Anything In Between / Paralyzed).

Throw some alternative artwork together that pays homage to the original album artwork and bam. Problem solved.

sounds like a plan!  love that on V
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    pjl44 said:
    If this really chaps your ass, your only recourse is to stop spending money. Don't re-up your membership, stop buying merch, don't buy tickets, etc. Some or all of that depending on how frustrated you are. I suppose you could also try to get third parties involved but that seems disproportionately spiteful and a complete waste of time.

I get being annoyed with the situation, but lashing out with insults while continuing to buy stuff is particularly obnoxious. 
    I guess I'm amazed that people think the customers here are "spiteful" or "obnoxious".  I really don't understand this thinking at all.  

I think for many there is a fear of not renewing and then not ever getting what was owed to them.  Additionally many likely enjoy the ability to post here and access to tickets and just want what they already paid for  long ago.  Others it's FOMO, fear of missing out.

It's not a big deal to me (the $), but it kinda sucks to have the band and fan club be so flippant about it.  When you take the extra $20-30 from each analog subscription...that adds up to a nice amount of $ that they have collected. For me, I care less about getting the singles as I do about the band and fan club I love treating it's members with respect.  It's awfully shady, and not something I ever expected here. And I'm surprised that anyone would think this is the customers' fault and that they are the ones who have to check their behavior. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

I guess I'm amazed that people think the customers here are "spiteful" or "obnoxious".  I really don't understand this thinking at all.  

I think for many there is a fear of not renewing and then not ever getting what was owed to them.  Additionally many likely enjoy the ability to post here and access to tickets and just want what they already paid for  long ago.  Others it's FOMO, fear of missing out.

It's not a big deal to me (the $), but it kinda sucks to have the band and fan club be so flippant about it.  When you take the extra $20-30 from each analog subscription...that adds up to a nice amount of $ that they have collected. For me, I care less about getting the singles as I do about the band and fan club I love treating it's members with respect.  It's awfully shady, and not something I ever expected here. And I'm surprised that anyone would think this is the customers' fault and that they are the ones who have to check their behavior. 
    I don't think anyone in the Pearl Jam stratosphere meant for it to get this far. Also, if you need to 
    count dollars, reduce your amounts to account for the tshirts we received. 

Most people here I think voice their concerns respectfully. But there is a loud minority calling them greedy or spoiled rich rock stars or whatever. I'll go back and pull out direct quotes if we need to. I'm saying being owed a couple 7 inches doesn't grant someone license to vomit out angry shit without someone saying "hey you don't have to be an asshole about it." Maybe you disagree and say all bets are off. I think that sucks but it's a free country.

If someone is attracted to the tickets or feeding their FOMO, guess what - they still find value! All the more reason to conduct yourself with a little dignity since you're stil choosing to be part of the ride.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    JimmyV said:

The 2019 Deep would include eligiblity for anyone who renews or signs up on the last day of the year. It shouldn't even be expected until January 2020.
    Not at all my point. I'm not saying they are late. I'm saying they continue to be promised and that in the near future I fully expect that to change.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Pearl Scam
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited July 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I don't think anyone in the Pearl Jam stratosphere meant for it to get this far. Also, if you need to 

Most people here I think voice their concerns respectfully. But there is a loud minority calling them greedy or spoiled rich rock stars or whatever. I'll go back and pull out direct quotes if we need to. I'm saying being owed a couple 7 inches doesn't grant someone license to vomit out angry shit without someone saying "hey you don't have to be an asshole about it." Maybe you disagree and say all bets are off. I think that sucks but it's a free country.

If someone is attracted to the tickets or feeding their FOMO, guess what - they still find value! All the more reason to conduct yourself with a little dignity since you're stil choosing to be part of the ride.
    This is not their basement flooding where they happend to keep the recordings or the post office fucking up all the packages by accident.

They know what they're doing when doing a million other things for X years instead of honouring their obligation which they have taken money for.

They are not children not knowing better. They are adults choosing to do like this.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

This is not their basement flooding where they happend to keep the recordings or the post office fucking up all the packages by accident.

They know what they're doing when doing a million other things for X years instead of honouring their obligation which they have taken money for.

They are not children not knowing better. They are adults choosing to have it like this.
    How's your bootleg tshirt business? Getting unlicensed product out in a timely fashion?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited July 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

They are not children not knowing better. They are adults choosing to have it like this.
    How's your bootleg tshirt business? Getting unlicensed product out in a timely fashion?
    Oh, sorry... didn't know you were a hardcore Pearl Jam/tenclub apologist not being able to take in that they are adults actually making decisions. One has to tread lightly here. To not step into the Village of the Damned.

And you do not know what "bootleg" is.

Funny you got offended though. Haha.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Oh, sorry... didn't know you were a hardcore Pearl Jam/tenclub apologist not being able to take in that they are adults actually making decisions. One has to tread lightly here. To not step into the Village of the Damned.

And you do not know what "bootleg" is.

Funny you got offended though. Haha.

What I'm saying is if you're going to steal someone's intellectual property, maybe sit out the morality discussion 
This discussion has been closed.