Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    If you can't be unabashedly enthusiastic about a rock and roll band, then what's the point? If you're mad about a business transaction, then fight back as a consumer with your dollar.

If your only plan is to keep buying more shit while posting angry screeds on their message board, it doesn't make you woke. It makes you a lunatic.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    The response isn’t to fight back with our dollar. That does jack. It’s simply getting what you are owed.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited July 2019
    pjl44 said:
    If you can't be unabashedly enthusiastic about a rock and roll band, then what's the point? If you're mad about a business transaction, then fight back as a consumer with your dollar.

If your only plan is to keep buying more shit while posting angry screeds on their message board, it doesn't make you woke. It makes you a lunatic.
    Hot take. Throwing in "lunatic" also. Oh my. But it is wrong. You don't have to be lose critical thinking to be a fan. 

E.g. I don't have to think Lick it Up and Hot in the Shade are good albums, and I can think that Gene is obnoxious and that the ticket prices for the final tour is a rip off, and still be a fan. 

Your post reminds me more of that distant relative who got entangled into Jehovah's Witnesses for a while.

Being a fan of a rock band does not strip you from having common sense. If it does, then maybe some of that "wokeness" is in order.

"Fight as a consumer with your dollar". This is a monopoly. And a relationship built on other values than pure capitalism. This is not Walmart.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    Just gotta let it go.  The uproar was heard.  If we get it, we get it.  If not, then oh well.  Unless you plan on a lawsuit then what else can you do but move on.

IMO, because they didn't promise a date, they could easily say "it's always been the case that the record has been delivered when it's ready and this is no different" and the plaintiff wouldn't have much to stand on.
    No way. It was first called an Christmas single, then an annual single. We are 100% correct in expecting 1 a year. We are more than half way through 2019 and still zero word about the 2017 annual single. The bottom line is they promised something, took our money, and failed to deliver for 2 years
  • Options
    The response isn’t to fight back with our dollar. That does jack. It’s simply getting what you are owed.
    "We were just kicking back on the beach but it wasn't until jamilydude69 accused us of grand theft that we started taking the missing singles thing seriously"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Kids today and their constant defending of subpar business practices on the internet.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Hot take. Throwing in "lunatic" also. Oh my. But it is wrong. You don't have to be lose critical thinking to be a fan. 

E.g. I don't have to think Lick it Up and Hot in the Shade are good albums, and I can think that Gene is obnoxious and that the ticket prices for the final tour is a rip off, and still be a fan. 

Your post reminds me more of that distant relative who got entangled into Jehovah's Witnesses for a while.

Being a fan of a rock band does not strip you from having common sense. If it does, then maybe some of that "wokeness" is in order.

"Fight as a consumer with your dollar". This is a monopoly. And a relationship built on other values than pure capitalism. This is not Walmart.
    Here are two ways to approach your KISS example:

Good - "I love this band, but ticket prices have gotten way out of control. Pains me to say it, but I have to sit this one out."

Bad - "Gene is a greedy piece of shit who exists solely to piss on his fans at this point."

If you agree with me, great! We're essentially saying the same thing but bickering. If you think the second one sounds reasonable and is the mark of an enlightened fan, refer to my previous posts for my opinion of that.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    pjl44 said:

So you are saying that people should just not say anything? 

Why keep labeling the customers with names? Lunatics? Sheesh. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

So you are saying that people should just not say anything? 

Why keep labeling the customers with names? Lunatics? Sheesh. 
    No. I'm saying voice your displeasure but be respectful. Read my Gene Simmons example. The lunatic is scenario 2.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,945
    edited July 2019
    At some point its just shouting into the void. 

10c knows they are late and that people want it. I guess IDK what constantly bringing it up will do. Seeing as the 5 people who do make the choice aren't on or monitor this board.

But yeah, if you hate how all this is going, by not buying PJ merch or tickets going forward, thats the best way to show them how displeased you are. 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244

10c knows they are late and that people want it. I guess IDK what constantly bringing it up will do. Seeing as the 5 people who do make the choice aren't on or monitor this board.

But yeah, if you hate how all this is going, by not buying PJ merch or tickets going forward, thats the best way to show them how displeased you are. 

Reminds me of when 5 guys showed there displeasure by trying to tour without a major ticket handler. Seems good in theory, but nothing is going to change at this point and then you ultimately are just punishing yourself while missing out on what few opportunities there are left to enjoy something you've loved for almost 30 years. It's just majorly disappointing and rude. It's not like they sexually assaulted me though so I'm not going to boycott them for this. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    extreme example, but ok
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    We'll get them eventually.  Not a whole lot can be done about it.  Either stick around, or leave.  Nobody will be upset with your choice.  I've seen some great shows, and I'm not going to get too upset about $20 worth of singles.  
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    The big issue is, that the good faith between 10 club and members has been burned up. They have said or done nothing for us to expect.....anything, at this point, which is disappointing to say the least. The band and fan club i loved the most doesn't seem to care....at all.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    They should realize at this point that most fans that are analog are looking to build their collection of vinyl records so it doesn’t matter what is on the single.  It could be Ed reading the phone book and they would be stoked for another vinyl in the collection.   
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    They should realize at this point that most fans that are analog are looking to build their collection of vinyl records so it doesn’t matter what is on the single.  It could be Ed reading the phone book and they would be stoked for another vinyl in the collection.   
    They still make phone books? Crazy 😜 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013

Every time a new thread is started people always point to the many others on this topic. I actually like that every few weeks a new thread is started, I believe if we all just shut up about it we actually may never see them. Some people have already forgotten we are owed 2 and not just 1.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is why we analogue members would still  be charged more if it is the same as a digital account or am I missing something? other than the singles?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Here are two ways to approach your KISS example:

Good - "I love this band, but ticket prices have gotten way out of control. Pains me to say it, but I have to sit this one out."

Bad - "Gene is a greedy piece of shit who exists solely to piss on his fans at this point."

If you agree with me, great! We're essentially saying the same thing but bickering. If you think the second one sounds reasonable and is the mark of an enlightened fan, refer to my previous posts for my opinion of that.
    I think we agree. 

But at the same time, your "Bad" example when true is not wrong. And replace Gene with Paul and you pretty much have your "Bad" being true.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Aha...thanks...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    pjl44 said:
    "We were just kicking back on the beach but it wasn't until jamilydude69 accused us of grand theft that we started taking the missing singles thing seriously"
    They have had 2-3 years to figure it out. There is 365 days on a year. They have decided to focus on other things than to deliver on that obligation. And I haven't heard anything about any of them battling a bad skin-infection from getting a tattoo or their recording studio collapsing in some freak accident.

So, them not "taking the singles thing seriously" doesn't seem far off. 

What else would be the reason?
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    They have had 2-3 years to figure it out. There is 365 days on a year. They have decided to focus on other things than to deliver on that obligation. And I haven't heard anything about any of them battling a bad skin-infection from getting a tattoo or their recording studio collapsing in some freak accident.

One possible scenario is that they need consensus from the band and maybe that's been a challenge. Artists can be quirky, spacey, indecisive, perfectionists, etc. Could be about the content or the art or whatever. Obvious disclaimer being that none of us has the first clue. But that's what I've had stuck in my head.

Delays have been an issue with these things for eons and it gradually got worse to the point we're at now. Has it always been the same problem or a variety of issues? Either way it's more of a bummer to me that Ten Club had to throw up their hands and scrap the program than waiting for the last two to be fulfilled. 

It's hard for me to accuse them of not taking this seriously when most everything else is fairly well thought through. They've had a unique ticketing system for 20 years, they went all out on Mystery Boxes, the tshirts get produced, they're actively involved in moderating the forum. That little 7 inch has been a hassle for as long as I can remember, though.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    It comes down to what management and the club decide (how tickets are sold and merch liquidation decisions - back office stuff), and what the band decides (the music that goes out into the world)

seems like its it’s tough to get the band on the same page or make a decision or get them to make the art (music and sleeves and the mag)
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

One possible scenario is that they need consensus from the band and maybe that's been a challenge. Artists can be quirky, spacey, indecisive, perfectionists, etc. Could be about the content or the art or whatever. Obvious disclaimer being that none of us has the first clue. But that's what I've had stuck in my head.

Delays have been an issue with these things for eons and it gradually got worse to the point we're at now. Has it always been the same problem or a variety of issues? Either way it's more of a bummer to me that Ten Club had to throw up their hands and scrap the program than waiting for the last two to be fulfilled. 

It's hard for me to accuse them of not taking this seriously when most everything else is fairly well thought through. They've had a unique ticketing system for 20 years, they went all out on Mystery Boxes, the tshirts get produced, they're actively involved in moderating the forum. That little 7 inch has been a hassle for as long as I can remember, though.
    I was talking about the band.

My issue with tenclub is their lack of communication around it all. Not that they should take command of the bands quirky, spacey, indecisive problems or get some interns together to record the singles themselves. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    This is clearly Trumps fault. Ever since he took office, the 10c has been a disaster
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Crazy idea:

The last single should have one of the live versions of Let Me Sleep.

Why not finish it where it began?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

My issue with tenclub is their lack of communication around it all. Not that they should take command of the bands quirky, spacey, indecisive problems or get some interns together to record the singles themselves. 
    Ah...I was talking about the 10C. Mostly because that's who is responsible for delivering it. I mean I *think* a lot or all of the holdup is on the band's end but I don't know that.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Ah...I was talking about the 10C. Mostly because that's who is responsible for delivering it. I mean I *think* a lot or all of the holdup is on the band's end but I don't know that.
    Judging from the Do The Evolution book being held up by it having been sent to the band to sign off on it I would think a a safe bet would be that the band is the hold up.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    It’s obvious they’re too busy creating new Pearl Jam music to be bothered with these singles. 
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    What I don't understand is why we analogue members would still  be charged more if it is the same as a digital account or am I missing something? other than the singles?
    Well, analog members are still entitled to an ugly t-shirt annually, as well as a non-existent physical copy of Deep. So there's that.
    Downgrading my membership to digital in a couple of months when it is renewal time.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
This discussion has been closed.