Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    I like the singles for the collection part of it. Never play 7 inch singles at my house. Whole album or nothing. We should all know by now that communication is not a strong point for this band/fan club. To me 20 bucks is 20 bucks. Doesn’t matter what I spend on weed, lunch or anything else. As I sit here in the 105 degree heat for work that’s income I didn’t feel like throwing away. 

And to the people who said it’s for the tickets, there are no consistent shows for a long time. Once again, no communication from anyone involved. 

Ill end it with this. All of those who don’t care about the 20 bucks a year please pm me and I’ll send you my address so you can send me some of that disposable income. I’ll take anything I can get. Thank you
    Put on some kick ass concerts and hook me up with some of the best seats in the house for the next 20+ years and I’ll gladly send you $20.  It would be money well spent.  
    Analog for 20+ years is $800+ . Still worth it but your statement isn’t accurate at all.

And the part you are missing is the fact that when purchased the items were part of the deal. Just cause you are happy with the tickets doesn’t matter. That’s what’s digital is for.
    But the tickets do matter to me.  More than anything.  Why do I have to join your outrage if I’m happy with it what I got for my money?
    My outrage?  I'm just stating facts.  You could have paid $20/year and had access to tickets as well.  The extra $20-$30 (international) was all about the vinyl.  It was part of the agreement when that membership level and extra $20-$30 was given.  

Kinda funny you point out my outrage when I actually agreed with your sentiment.  If it had been $40/year and all I got was the ticket access I too would be fine with that.  But that wasn't the agreement.
    I cool with you being outraged.  My original post was only about me and that I’m happy with things.   
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Everyone is completely right that they are owed the vinyl and paid for it.  All I am saying is forget about it.  No sense fretting over it at this point.  Either the vinyls will come or they won't.   No refunds will be coming.  
    I'm not at all cool about being ripped off by a company. I'm not saying we've been ripped off yet, but you made it sound like it is OK for companies to take your money in exchange for goods never delivered. That's typically considered fraud. I think 10c should be held to a higher standard than fraud. It really isn't OK. It may well be the band's fault at this point, but my contract was with 10c. They're the organization that needs to deliver and meet their obligations.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,868
    edited July 2019
    Yes. Sitting at monday meetings with the question ”should we say something about the holiday single?” and for a year coming to the answer ”No. Lets keep quiet” is astounding. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I dont think we should forget about. We should have some principles and not let ourselves be walked over on this issue. Ten Club and the band do some great things for fans but this is no small scale failing. A couple of singles doesnt sound much but say there are 25, 000 analog members x 2 copies of Deep and 2 singles. Thats 100,000 items theyve failed to deliver to customers and over $1 million in value.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Everyone is completely right that they are owed the vinyl and paid for it.  All I am saying is forget about it.  No sense fretting over it at this point.  Either the vinyls will come or they won't.   No refunds will be coming.  
    The fact you didn't answer my previous question tells me you are OK with being screwed by a rich rock band and its company, but not by your local restaurant.

ps: I'm not suggesting PJ or TC are screwing us. They're just being completely lazy and unprofessional about this issue, that's all.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    FR181798 said:
    I dont think we should forget about. We should have some principles and not let ourselves be walked over on this issue. Ten Club and the band do some great things for fans but this is no small scale failing. A couple of singles doesnt sound much but say there are 25, 000 analog members x 2 copies of Deep and 2 singles. Thats 100,000 items theyve failed to deliver to customers and over $1 million in value.
    Exactly.  Sure, the extra $20 I personally spent 2 or 3 years ago is certainly not putting me in the hole today.  But the point is the $20 x however many analog members there x 2 years = grand theft.  They don't just have my $20 or your $20 or his $20 or her $20; they have eeeeeeverybody's $20.  If any other company did this there would be a class action lawsuit against them.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    The fact you didn't answer my previous question tells me you are OK with being screwed by a rich rock band and its company, but not by your local restaurant.

ps: I'm not suggesting PJ or TC are screwing us. They're just being completely lazy and unprofessional about this issue, that's all.
    No, I am not okay getting screwed by any company.  But there is a difference between paying $20 for an item that never came versus an item I paid $1,000 for that never came, and the fact that it has been two years now.  Are you going to stay mad for the next thirty years?  For me, I am not going to get worked up that long over $20.  I just won’t pay the next $20.

I realize it is $20 to each of us and works out hundreds of the thousands for the band.  So yes, you are all correct. 

I am just saying to get over it because you have absolutely zero control in the outcome of this thing.  It is clear after how many years the band is on its own timeline.
  • It’s unpopular, but as an almost 20-year member, I’ve taken the single as a bonus item. I’ve only gotten 3 10c tickets over the years. It’s just been cool to be a part of a community for this long, but yes, the administrative communication is very lacking, but that’s been the case throughout this ride. I’m sure we’ll be made whole before the end of the year...
    It’s unpopular, but as an almost 20-year member, I’ve taken the single as a bonus item. I’ve only gotten 3 10c tickets over the years. It’s just been cool to be a part of a community for this long, but yes, the administrative communication is very lacking, but that’s been the case throughout this ride. I’m sure we’ll be made whole before the end of the year...
    I guess the point is you could have had the same benefit in recent years for less money. Whether people care or not they paid the additional $ to receive the additional physical goods.
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    Tickets are never guaranteed, you have to get lucky and win the lotto first...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited July 2019
    jeffbr said:
    I'm not at all cool about being ripped off by a company. I'm not saying we've been ripped off yet, but you made it sound like it is OK for companies to take your money in exchange for goods never delivered. That's typically considered fraud. I think 10c should be held to a higher standard than fraud. It really isn't OK. It may well be the band's fault at this point, but my contract was with 10c. They're the organization that needs to deliver and meet their obligations.
    That's how I feel. I doesn't matter if it's 10C/PJ or any other company in the world. The fact they have ripped off all their subscribers like this really bothers me as a consumer (and the rip off has already happened - there is no redeeming it by someday providing the singles). I actually switched to digital before the missing singles were promised, so am not even waiting for those personally. Just the principle of it bugs me. I can't believe the band and/or 10C have allowed this to happen. It's inexcusable. It definitely affects my confidence in the business in general. It makes me trust them less to do right by their customers. I wouldn't normally stay a customer of a company who pulled this at all, but, you know, Pearl Jam.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I appreciate the thread like this every couple weeks. It's really crappy business, and whichever side the fault lays on, they need to be reminded.  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I'm sure they haven't forgotten. Reminding them is probably tedious.

edited July 2019
    I'm sure they haven't forgotten. Reminding them is probably tedious.

The point is more that they have forgotten to act like a mensch in regards to it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    If the bands not choosing it/recording it, what is 10c supposed to do? They work for the band. The band doesn't read these boards. Its shouting into the void. They gave us an update 7 months ago. I'm sure its out of their hands at this point.

• SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,075
    FR181798 said:
    Exactly.  Sure, the extra $20 I personally spent 2 or 3 years ago is certainly not putting me in the hole today.  But the point is the $20 x however many analog members there x 2 years = grand theft.  They don't just have my $20 or your $20 or his $20 or her $20; they have eeeeeeverybody's $20.  If any other company did this there would be a class action lawsuit against them.
    Sadly, this may be the only way to get their attention 
    edited July 2019
    If the bands not choosing it/recording it, what is 10c supposed to do? They work for the band. The band doesn't read these boards. Its shouting into the void. They gave us an update 7 months ago. I'm sure its out of their hands at this point.

Yes, you said it - 7 (SEVEN) months ago. And then it was ready to go to the pressing plant or whatever?

Seven months. 

S
    E
    V
    E
    N

No cummincation for:

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    It's pathetic that neither Pearl Jam nor the Ten Club has communicated about the singles and Deep. We get monthly emails asking us to buy new stuff. If there was no news, the Ten Club could at least state that in the emails and at least we would know that it's still being thought about by someone. When it isn't being talked about, it feels like they are completely ignoring this issue.

The last time I brought up any kind legal actions regarding these singles on this board, I was reprimanded by the Ten Club(they really care about the fans....right?). The least that we could do(and I highly recommend this) is to send a complaint to the office of the Washington State Attorney General. I would put a link in the comment here but I bet the Ten Club would reprimand me for it. It's easy enough to search online for this. Once on that page, you'll see where it says, "Have a consumer issue? FILE A COMPLAINT".

We have every right to file a complaint as they are a business, they took our money and did not deliver.
    edited July 2019
    Nvm
  • Thief of SilenceThief of Silence Posts: 169
    edited July 2019
    Post edited by Thief of Silence on
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Well... I paid $1500 for a festival this past July, as a gift for the gf... it turns out the promoter grabbed all of our funds and cancelled the shows... my bank won’t even give me the time of day because I’m out of the dispute window... makes some fan club issues seem minimal... (just be thankful we get anything over the years??)
    What festival?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    I like the singles for the collection part of it. Never play 7 inch singles at my house. Whole album or nothing. We should all know by now that communication is not a strong point for this band/fan club. To me 20 bucks is 20 bucks. Doesn’t matter what I spend on weed, lunch or anything else. As I sit here in the 105 degree heat for work that’s income I didn’t feel like throwing away. 

And to the people who said it’s for the tickets, there are no consistent shows for a long time. Once again, no communication from anyone involved. 

Ill end it with this. All of those who don’t care about the 20 bucks a year please pm me and I’ll send you my address so you can send me some of that disposable income. I’ll take anything I can get. Thank you
    Me too I’ll take some spare $20.

It is the lack of communication that’s annoying for me. We know these guys work to their own schedule and we learn to live with the frequency of shows and new music output or lack thereof. But this prolonged silence is just frustrating. Tell us what’s up please. It’s like calling in sick for work - I don’t need a blow by blow account of how you ill you’ve been. I just want to know you’re alright and that you’ll be back tomorrow or the day after. And when I’m gonna get my singles...
    Unfortunately just complaining on the message board is not going to really do anything. I think its fine just to vent frustration. Personally I think unless it becomes a news story that other music websites pick up, they wouldnt take much notice and no one is going to file a court case. I cant even remember what the analog description was back in 2017 and if they would legally have to send us the singles.

It would be great if everyone was strong enough to say no to any more merch until this was resolved but thats never going to happen.

Yes, you said it - 7 (SEVEN) months ago. And then it was ready to go to the pressing plant or whatever?

Seven months. 

S
    E
    V
    E
    N

No cummincation for:

I don’t recall them saying it was at the pressing plant. 
    If the 10c came out and said, “we have no update, the band hasn’t chosen anything”, everyone would be happy, right? 
    edited July 2019
    If the 10c came out and said, “we have no update, the band hasn’t chosen anything”, everyone would be happy, right? 
    I would be. A "We're waiting like you do. The band has postponed going into the studio and whip it together because of Eddies Europe tour he had to do to pay off Glens new summerhouse" would be great. And to be expected IMO. 

Compare to the Do the Evolution musicvideo book that has been postponed since 2016 - they have updated with reasons like "The book is done. It's sent to the band for them to sign off on it". That book is late as hell, but there has been communications. Which cost nothing in this digital day and age. 

Because to my knowledge you don't get a fine or something of that nature when communication. People sometimes even want to communicate and update people who's money they have taken.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    All that would do is give the usual suspects a new chance to piss and moan. Instead of crying about no communication, it would turn into the communication not being good enough.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    Its a damned if you do and a damned if you don't situation. I figure no updates means no news. I'm sure we'll get an update when they go into production, until then, yeah it sucks we don't have anything yet, but I'm sure there is nothing to update. 

Part of me thinks that people want to hear that "there is no to update" so they can complain more. 

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    It wouldn't be one of these threads without the people complaining about people complaining posts.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    For a band constantly preaching how  we should act, be committed to this or that cause, they have been totally uncommitted to this aspect of their bought and paid for obligation, to those whom have been most loyal to them. 

It is unprofessional, and the antithesis of what they continually lecture us about.  Sometimes the principal of meeting your obligations is a big deal to people.

The single  has never,  been a reliable release, but it always got released.  They say they will take care of it, I believe they will.  To take years to meet your requirement to your most loyal fans.....poor reflection  of them, their view of us (clearly we are merch lemmings to them).  Now because we are critical of their poor business practices, we will gey banned, threatened with locked accounts or threads, or bullied by the board.
This discussion has been closed.