Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    jeffbr said:
    What I don't understand is why we analogue members would still  be charged more if it is the same as a digital account or am I missing something? other than the singles?
    Well, analog members are still entitled to an ugly t-shirt annually, as well as a non-existent physical copy of Deep. So there's that.
    Downgrading my membership to digital in a couple of months when it is renewal time.
    I was going to do that too but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess I justified it as "Well, it's only $20 extra." But I think deep down it was a matter of fearing I'll miss out on something. Sad for someone at my age to think that about a band's fanclub lol.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    jeffbr said:
    What I don't understand is why we analogue members would still  be charged more if it is the same as a digital account or am I missing something? other than the singles?
    Well, analog members are still entitled to an ugly t-shirt annually, as well as a non-existent physical copy of Deep. So there's that.
    Downgrading my membership to digital in a couple of months when it is renewal time.
    You also get a free bootleg download. If you use that, it's a matter of whether the tshirt and physical Deep are worth $10.
  • Options
    regalturboregalturbo Posts: 298
    edited July 2019
    I agree that likely 10C is caught in the middle here and not their fault if no new singles have been created by the band.  Has anyone suggested this before though:

10c could send out something to the analog members along the lines of "Terribly sorry for the significant delay in 10C singles.  Here is a free bootleg download/Shirt/other merch etc exclusive to analog members to tide you over until the promised single arrives"?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:
    You also get a free bootleg download. If you use that, it's a matter of whether the tshirt and physical Deep are worth $10.
    The bootleg is for both levels. Only the T-Shirt, Deep and the now defunct single were the physical additions to Analog.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:
    The bootleg is for both levels. Only the T-Shirt, Deep and the now defunct single were the physical additions to Analog.
    No bootleg for digital membership.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

• Options
    dadesdades Posts: 321
    If these are the last Christmas singles we’re getting, how about going back to the very start. Momma-son on vinyl.
    Think I’d be ok with that 😀

Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    It’s good we started another thread to cover the exact same ground we’ve already covered in a dozen other threads.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    on2legs said:
    It’s good we started another thread to cover the exact same ground we’ve already covered in a dozen other threads.
    They keep the board active atleast :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    pjl44 said:
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

Image result for my bad gif

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    on2legs said:
    ...which have all sunk like a stone.

Gotta keep the conversation rolling.  

Remember the Alamo.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    Whether its the band not being able to make a decision or 10c not prioritising this, doesnt get away from the fact it amounts to a lot of money. However unlike when people buy an item of merch the description of what you are getting is worded differently. Words like gift etc. get used in terms of what you get so nothing is assigned a monetary value so while we will probably get them eventually, Im suspecting the description is not legally binding so they can take as long as they like.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    What do you think their angle doing is for doing it that way? 

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    I was going to do that too but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess I justified it as "Well, it's only $20 extra." But I think deep down it was a matter of fearing I'll miss out on something. Sad for someone at my age to think that about a band's fanclub lol.
    I've heard that multiple times.  What are you afraid you'd miss out on? If it's some special vinyl, It'll be easy enough to pick up regardless if it goes to all current analog members.  There have not been any bonus free perks with the membership. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    They should realize at this koopoint that most fans that are analog are looking to build their collection of vinyl records so it doesn’t matter what is on the single.  It could be Ed reading the phone book and they would be stoked for another vinyl in the collection.   
    Prerty sure ella Fitzgerald scatted the nyc phone book once. Dang
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

There used to be more then $20 worth of stuff for $20 more:

$10 vinyl plus shipping if bought individually
    DEEP
    $9.99 MP3 code.
    Shirt

Now it's $20 more and you get...
    Deep
    $9.99 MP3
    Shirt

The shirt used to be straight-up free. Now it's not.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    dades said:
    If these are the last Christmas singles we’re getting, how about going back to the very start. Momma-son on vinyl.
    Think I’d be ok with that 😀

Well, we already have Alive.

I know they're already out there, but if they're doing Mamason, what about Stone's demos?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    What do you think their angle doing is for doing it that way? 

Just saying that the specifics are a little more vague than normal merch so they dont specify delivery date or exact item giving them more room to do what they want. We will get them eventually but its frustrating. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

DEEP
    $9.99 MP3 code.
    Shirt

Deep
    $9.99 MP3
    Shirt

Yes, I think we're all disappointed that the vinyl is gone
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

DEEP
    $9.99 MP3 code.
    Shirt

Deep
    $9.99 MP3
    Shirt

Yes, I think we're all disappointed that the vinyl is gone
    Yep. For sure.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

DEEP
    $9.99 MP3 code.
    Shirt

Deep
    $9.99 MP3
    Shirt

Them just adding to their own $$$ margins without even a comment about it, and it not causing an uproar among fans is sad.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

DEEP
    $9.99 MP3 code.
    Shirt

Deep
    $9.99 MP3
    Shirt

Them just adding to their own $$$ margins without even a comment about it, and it not causing an uproar among fans is sad.
    You buy or you don't buy. If enough people move from analog to digital or nada, that's how you get them to revisit pricing and/or offerings.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

DEEP
    $9.99 MP3 code.
    Shirt

Deep
    $9.99 MP3
    Shirt

You buy or you don't buy.
    The relationship between a band and a fan isn't a pure transactional market-economic relationship.  

So that tired argument showing up, from you and others, far to often is as moot as it ever was.

But hey, I bet you would defend Pearl Jam pushing tickets for 250 dollars on stub hub like Metallica - because the market would pay it?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

DEEP
    $9.99 MP3 code.
    Shirt

Deep
    $9.99 MP3
    Shirt

The relationship between a band and a fan isn't a pure transactional market-economic relationship.  

So that tired argument showing up, from you and others, far to often is as moot as it ever was.

But hey, I bet you would defend Pearl Jam pushing tickets for 250 dollars on stub hub like Metallica also - because the market would pay it.
    Oh, buddy. I have some bad news about what the relationship between me/you and the bands we love is. Seems like only one of us understands it.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:

DEEP
    $9.99 MP3 code.
    Shirt

Deep
    $9.99 MP3
    Shirt

But hey, I bet you would defend Pearl Jam pushing tickets for 250 dollars on stub hub like Metallica also - because the market would pay it.
    Oh, buddy. I have some bad news about what the relationship between me/you and the bands we love is. Seems like only of us understands it.
    Which one of us who understand it, would come as a surprise to you. Buddy, Oh.

Would you defend Pearl Jam pushing tickets for 250 dollars on stub hub like Metallica - because the market would pay it?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    And ticket-wise, bands should do whatever they want. Metallica did it in an underhanded way, which was dumb. In this day and age, bands have every right to employ dynamic pricing, VIP packages, or whatever. I'd rather see the artist get that money than scalpers.

All that said, Pearl Jam's approach makes me respect them even more. Not only their insistence on securing every great seat for the fan club, but their insane ability to keep them out of the secondary market. It's one of the reasons I'm quick to defend them when people start hurling personal insults over delayed records.
  • Options
    I mean, this is probably the root of the problem. If you shook someone's hand on the street and they don't know your name or even who you are, what is your relationship to that person?
  • Options
    Why do so many people think the members of the band have so much to do with the release of a fan club single?

Clearly, they care about what they release, like most artists, but it seems like a lot of you think they don't have management and are sitting around thinking really hard about what to release for a "christmas single".

The most difficult thing they'e done with the singles lately was probably getting the rights to release the ones with Jay-Z and Beyonce due to royalties from cover songs and the guest artists.

Analog members just want the vinyl and don't *really* care what's on it, based on posts and previous releases.  If  Pearl Jam or Ten Club want to deliver the singles, it would just take a few phone calls to get the ball rolling quickly.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    edited August 2019
    Because the delay has a taste of artist flakiness and indecision (and focus). PJ has great management. If it was all on them, it would have never gotten to this point. 

Management and the club facilitates the bands needs and wishes. They work for them. I'm sure theres lots of great stuff and opportunities presented to the band and they have the final say on things.  

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    pjl44 said:
    jeffbr said:
    How is it "free" when you are paying $20 for it?
This discussion has been closed.