Options

Where would you rather live the US or Sweden

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,026
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:
    Haha. Listened to a swedish lawyer blasting that Morning Joe-woman Mikas brother  who was an ambassador in Sweden for being stupid enough to think he could make our king or government intervene in our judicial system. Haha. 

"...it points to an unusually bad ability of judgment"
    So you don't like foreigners telling you how to run your country.  We have so much in common.  
    You are on a roll today. lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,464
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    Haha. Listened to a swedish lawyer blasting that Morning Joe-woman Mikas brother  who was an ambassador in Sweden for being stupid enough to think he could make our king or government intervene in our judicial system. Haha. 

So you don't like foreigners telling you how to run your country.  We have so much in common.  
    Maybe you like your politicians stepping into and overruling the judicial branch. I sure hope not.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:

Maybe you like your politicians stepping into and overruling the judicial branch. I sure hope not.
    There's another thing we have in common.  Holy cow!  Add to that, we both have a segment of racists in our country.  Look at us, common ground.
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    Both countries think Kiss sucks and has no musical talent, and only exist as a marketing company!    Yeah!! 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    So tomorrow ASAP could be released, or charged.
    I also read that they could detain him longer without charges?
    I'm not an expert, but this is my perception of it.

Three things can happen. 

- The prosecutor can come to the conclusion that the investigation show that ASAP is no longer a suspect. Then he will be set free.

- The prosecutor can say that the investigation needs more time and ASAP is still a suspect. Then the court will listen to the case, and decide to agree on holding ASAP for longer so the investigation can go on or not agree about the strength of the case and release him.

- The prosecutor can say that they have enough to formally charge ASAP - and then the case will go to trial.

Something like that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    Both countries think Kiss sucks and has no musical talent, and only exist as a marketing company!    Yeah!! 
    Sweden has always been one of KISS stronger markets. Even during the tougher years.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,745
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:

It ain't over till it's over...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,001
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:

To be fair, PJ_Soul, in a thread comparing living in two countries, I wouldn't anticipate this conversation going any other direction than this. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,442
    Sweden
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:

To be fair, PJ_Soul, in a thread comparing living in two countries, I wouldn't anticipate this conversation going any other direction than this. 
    I would... with different people :wink:
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    We actually have all four seasons here in New Jersey, I really don't see Sweden having those four defining seasons.  Summer temps there wouldn't be what I am used to.  I mean my pool was 89 today, seems like it would be too cold for me in Sweden.  Plus no ocean. :(
  • Options
    Sweden
    mcgruff10 said:
    We actually have all four seasons here in New Jersey, I really don't see Sweden having those four defining seasons.  Summer temps there wouldn't be what I am used to.  I mean my pool was 89 today, seems like it would be too cold for me in Sweden.  Plus no ocean. :(
    The Baltic Sea doesn’t look too different from an ocean when you’re standing at the shore you know. It’s still a whole lot of water. 
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:
    89 is hotter than the Gulf now, that's crazy. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    mcgruff10 said:
    We had 24 degrees celsius (Which is the normal way to measure temperature, as everyone knows) where I live today. Summer enough.

Get with the god damn times. Haha.

Because of the widespread adoption of the metric system, most countries worldwide – including non-metric Liberia and Burma – use Celsius as their official temperature scale. Only a few countries use Fahrenheit as their official scale: the United States, Belize, Palau, the Bahamas and the Cayman Islands. 

• Options
    Canada
    Was 34 degrees down in Dusseldorf when Eddie played there. And no wind. No mojitos in the world could cool me down.

Those kind of german temperatures can go to hell.
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Baltic Sea doesn’t look too different from an ocean when you’re standing at the shore you know. It’s still a whole lot of water. 
    Are there surfable waves?
  • Options
    Canada
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    https://youtu.be/pLC_8G0a_EA
  • Options
    Sweden
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well... fine, you got me. Where I live it’s mostly wind and kite surfing in spring/autumn. I‘m no expert though 
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:
    We had 24 degrees celsius (Which is the normal way to measure temperature, as everyone knows) where I live today. Summer enough.

Because of the widespread adoption of the metric system, most countries worldwide – including non-metric Liberia and Burma – use Celsius as their official temperature scale. Only a few countries use Fahrenheit as their official scale: the United States, Belize, Palau, the Bahamas and the Cayman Islands. 
    Ha!  Relentless.  
  • Options
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  

• Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  
    When Sweden puts a person on the moon I ll switch to Celsius.  Until then I am good with 212 and 33.  
  • Options
    Canada
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  
    When Sweden puts a person on the moon I ll switch to Celsius.  Until then I am good with 212 and 33.  
    Can you think of anything you do think Sweden does better than the US? If not using the metric system.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  
    Can you think of anything you do think Sweden does better than the US? If not using the metric system.
    We definitely speak English better.
    Remember my sentence about putting people on the moon?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    Canada
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  
    Remember my sentence about putting people on the moon?
    This post makes no sense. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  

Haha, have you listened to any of Trump's speeches?
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  

Haha, have you listened to any of Trump's speeches?
    Lol. There is an exception to every norm. 
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  
    Langskip construction?
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  
    Langskip construction?
     The Wright Brothers?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  
    Langskip construction?
    What did PJ_Soul say about the sarcasm. 

And please write "Långskepp" like a real viking. And Vindöga instead of window. And ombudsman instead of ombudsman.
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha!  Relentless.  
    Langskip construction?
    What did PJ_Soul say about the sarcasm. 

And please write "Långskepp" like a real viking. And Vindöga instead of window. And ombudsman instead of ombudsman.
    With all due respect to PJ, that doesn't affect what I write.  Anyway,  I thought you would agree with that.  It's not sarcasm, it's factual.  
This discussion has been closed.