Options

Where would you rather live the US or Sweden

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    U.S.A.
    You hear that mic drop from across the ocean?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,066
    Canada
    Kanye West, Kim Kardashian Lobbied Trump for A$AP Rocky’s Release, Source Confirms

Sources say that West urged Kardashian, who met with the president about prison reform earlier this year, to contact Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor Jared Kushner. He took the matter to the president, who encouraged him to get involved, as did Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

Time to make a choice @mrussel1  -   Sweden or Jared Kushner?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    U.S.A.
    Kanye West, Kim Kardashian Lobbied Trump for A$AP Rocky’s Release, Source Confirms

Sources say that West urged Kardashian, who met with the president about prison reform earlier this year, to contact Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor Jared Kushner. He took the matter to the president, who encouraged him to get involved, as did Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

You are confusing. I don't even understand that rationale. 
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:

Dude they speak English better than us, take a masters course for Christ’s sake. 
  • Options
    Canada
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Dude they speak English better than us, take a masters course for Christ’s sake. 
    Is this some meme that I doubt even @mrussel1 gets? 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Is this some meme that I doubt even @mrussel1 gets? 
    What meme?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'll say one thing.  I like some of ABBA's songs.
    https://youtu.be/xFrGuyw1V8s
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    Debating the US justice system with most Americans is pointless.  The US and many in the US are so indoctrinated into their law and order society...I prefer society to be in total chaos...
    Moving to Somalia soon? Maybe Yemen?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    bbiggs said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    There are 30+ ketchup choices at my grocery store. Even Heinz has a natural/organic option without all of the shit in it. And a salt free version, and a honey instead of sugar version, etc... So that meme is a little wonky. If people are still buying the sugary version, it is because they want to. We have plenty of options here.
    So, that picture still says something. Even if you can pick whatever. We also have different versions, including completely sugar free options. Doesn't take away from the point of the picture - you little corn syrup loving rascals leading the obesity league. 
    Yes, that picture says that they took an exceptionally limited view of the food options we have in this country and used their biased editorial opinion to select one of hundreds of options to use in a meme to produce some sort of emotion or reaction, whether that be acceptance and bias confirmation from you, or an argument from me. So job well done on the meme, which provides no useful information. 
    It is still the same product offered from two different countries, and shows a huge difference. Obviously it says something. Whatever other options you do have. Like every country has options. 

Obesity league extraordinaire. 
    Choice is a great thing. This country is diverse. There are parts of the country where obesity is rampant due to many factors from lack of exercise to poor choices when purchasing ketchup, to lack of education. What are you suggesting with this tangent anyway? That based on ketchup ingredients, the UK is preferable to the US when it comes to a decision about where to live?
    It was a "lagom" tounge-in-cheek response to @brianlux . And I would imagine he would get that., because he likes Neil Young. I do understand the US is diverse - I mean it's your number one fall back together with "so big". 

And I don't think anyone would decide where to live because of ketchup (But I do think ketchup is a good example if you want to get a hint of the differences in the bottom baseline for food quality).
    SC, have you ever been to the U.S.? 
    Yes I have
    Have you ever lived in the U.S.A.?( for an extended period of time?)
  • Options
    Canada
    cutz said:
    bbiggs said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    There are 30+ ketchup choices at my grocery store. Even Heinz has a natural/organic option without all of the shit in it. And a salt free version, and a honey instead of sugar version, etc... So that meme is a little wonky. If people are still buying the sugary version, it is because they want to. We have plenty of options here.
    So, that picture still says something. Even if you can pick whatever. We also have different versions, including completely sugar free options. Doesn't take away from the point of the picture - you little corn syrup loving rascals leading the obesity league. 
    Yes, that picture says that they took an exceptionally limited view of the food options we have in this country and used their biased editorial opinion to select one of hundreds of options to use in a meme to produce some sort of emotion or reaction, whether that be acceptance and bias confirmation from you, or an argument from me. So job well done on the meme, which provides no useful information. 
    It is still the same product offered from two different countries, and shows a huge difference. Obviously it says something. Whatever other options you do have. Like every country has options. 

Obesity league extraordinaire. 
    Choice is a great thing. This country is diverse. There are parts of the country where obesity is rampant due to many factors from lack of exercise to poor choices when purchasing ketchup, to lack of education. What are you suggesting with this tangent anyway? That based on ketchup ingredients, the UK is preferable to the US when it comes to a decision about where to live?
    It was a "lagom" tounge-in-cheek response to @brianlux . And I would imagine he would get that., because he likes Neil Young. I do understand the US is diverse - I mean it's your number one fall back together with "so big". 

And I don't think anyone would decide where to live because of ketchup (But I do think ketchup is a good example if you want to get a hint of the differences in the bottom baseline for food quality).
    SC, have you ever been to the U.S.? 
    Yes I have
    Have you ever lived in the U.S.A.?( for an extended period of time?)
    No.
  • Options
    Canada
    The prosecutor want to keep ASAP in custody for another week. Don't know when today the hearing will be regarding it.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    Maybe Neil Young can step in, for his cancelled 2013 gig he never came back for?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Canada
    @mrussel1 @pjhawks You can be calm regarding your fellow citizen:

- The US Embassy has confirmed that the conditions in the Swedish detention center meet both the Vienna Convention and international standards, writes the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

At the same time:

Why The U.S. Won’t Let the U.N. Look Inside Its Prisons

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-the-us-wont-let-the-un-look-inside-its-prisons

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    U.S.A.
    Holding someone without charging them for 2 weeks is bad enough for a crime of assault.  Asking for more time is just that much more ridiculous. 

There is obviously more to this than just the assault.  They either hate his nationality, his skin color, or his music.

Shit or get off the pot Sweden.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    Holding someone without charging them for 2 weeks is bad enough for a crime of assault.  Asking for more time is just that much more ridiculous. 

There is obviously more to this than just the assault.  They either hate his nationality, his skin color, or his music.

I get that you are affected from living in a country with a justice system where OJ Simpson could go free. But just chillax.

The hearing is ongoing for ASAP. Started at 13:00. The 2-3 other people being held (that no one cares about in the US it seems) are afterwards.

The prosecutor strengthen the crime to "grave assault". 

If the crime is counted as gross assault, the sentence will be imprisonment for at least one and a maximum of six years. When making the assessment, the following is taken into account: If the act was fatal If the offender has added a severe body injury or serious illness If the perpetrator has shown particular ruthlessness or roughness.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    U.S.A.

- The US Embassy has confirmed that the conditions in the Swedish detention center meet both the Vienna Convention and international standards, writes the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

At the same time:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-the-us-wont-let-the-un-look-inside-its-prisons

Why do you keep harping on this.  I already said none of us knew the condition . My criticism is the system that's designed to hold people without charging,  or bailing.  
  • Options
    U.S.A.

I get that you are affected from living in a country with a justice system where OJ Simpson could go free. But just chillax.

The hearing is ongoing for ASAP. Started at 13:00. The 2-3 other people being held (that no one cares about in the US it seems) are afterwards.

The prosecutor strengthen the crime to "grave assault". 

If the crime is counted as gross assault, the sentence will be imprisonment for at least one and a maximum of six years. When making the assessment, the following is taken into account: If the act was fatal If the offender has added a severe body injury or serious illness If the perpetrator has shown particular ruthlessness or roughness.
    The USA and OJ have no bearing on this case in Sweden. OJ should be in jail, yes. But no one without charges should be in jail >2 weeks.

Take off those awful blue and yellow blinders.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:

At the same time:

Why do you keep harping on this.  I already said none of us knew the condition . My criticism is the system that's designed to hold people without charging,  or bailing.  
    Very reminiscent of 1950's Russia.
  • Options
    Canada
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

At the same time:

And what is "workers should not have the right to vacation" and "NO WAY should mcdonalds give their employees a livable wage" reminiscent of?

• Options
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

At the same time:

And what is "workers should not have the right to vacation" and "NO WAY should mcdonalds give their employees a livable wage" reminiscent of?

So now you are comparing a poster on a rock band's internet forum's opinion and the actual law in Sweden?

You are showing your true colors here SC.  You are nothing but a troll anymore.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

At the same time:

So now you are comparing a poster on a rock band's internet forum's opinion and the actual law in Sweden?

You are showing your true colors here SC.  You are nothing but a troll anymore.
    You are entitled to your opinion. 

I would rather be suspected of a crime in Sweden than in the US though. Would rather spend time in a swedish pre-trial detention than in the US. Would rather spend time in prison in Sweden than in the US. Would rather eat the prison food in Sweden than in the US. Would rather spend time in a swedish prison cell than a US one. Would rather be black and confronting the police or justice system in Sweden than in the US.

Could things work better in Sweden than it does, and be made more effective etc? Ofc. And discussions are had and strides are actually done to make it better. 

But maybe you should focus your troll-branding on people posting e.g. "Very reminiscent of 1950's Russia." when they themselves live in a country where the UN are not even allowed to visit the prisons and unarmed black people are being shot in the streets like dogs by the police. That doesn't sound like a democracy

But you do you. 

• Options
    U.S.A.
    You seem to always be deflecting.  We are talking about this specific case.  Not about food.  

And if you were black in sweden you'd be all alone ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    You seem to always be deflecting.  We are talking about this specific case.  Not about food.  

And if you were black in sweden you'd be all alone ;)
    Well he had his posse with him who had no problems standing in a group kicking and beating a man lying on the ground. 

In Sweden we call that assault - or if the prosecutor is to be believed "grave assault".

Now I guess they do not have the chance to hang out, so now maybe ASAP might feel a bit lonely.

And:

https://youtu.be/_XMU_3o5RRs
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    If it's assault then charge the fucking guy! Seriously how long does this take?

reminds me of the movie Zootopia.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    Decision made, he is to be hold in detention for another week. Risk of fleeing still stands.

The district court justifies its decision that ASAP Rocky can still escape and withdraw from justice.

The lawyer disappointed
    His lawyer Slobodan Jovicic notes that his client is still in custody.

- I'm very disappointed with this, he says to TT.

- As for my client, I think it's wrong, he is a world-renowned artist. There has been a tremendous stir in the media, and then one can think about whether it is reasonable to believe that he would escape justice.

Later on Friday, it will also be decided whether the other two will be cherished or released.
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    That is not a decision. It’s the complete lack of making a decision. 

This is really dumb. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    That is not a decision. It’s the complete lack of making a decision. 

This is really dumb. 
    1950s Russia.  
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    mcgruff10 said:
    We actually have all four seasons here in New Jersey, I really don't see Sweden having those four defining seasons.  Summer temps there wouldn't be what I am used to.  I mean my pool was 89 today, seems like it would be too cold for me in Sweden.  Plus no ocean. :(
    Yeah but to get to the best part of dirty jersey you have to go through the swamp filled with chemicals right by the sports complex it’s vile !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada
    Seems like a pretty fucked up system that if after 2 weeks the cops cannot come to a conclusion so we will just keep him in detention for another week and hope something comes our way...that is an abuse of power...not surprised.
    Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.