Options

Where would you rather live the US or Sweden

Comments

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    U.S.A.
    PJ_Soul said:
    eddiec said:
    If we're veering into food, the US wins this one hands down.

What do you mean? Why? Just because of the insane number of products? Or do you think American cuisine is the best in the world?
    In a head to head vs Sweden I was referring.

As for US restaurants in regards to the rest of the world? The best restaurants in the states are on par with any country's top eateries.

In terms of produce? Overall, I would rate the states poorly. But if you seek it out, you will find premium local produce.
    But there are major issues with American slaughterhouses. Not to mention cows who live their lives without seeing the sun.

In terms of choice? Endless. (Probably too much)

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Heinz sucks big time...
    What?  Do you use Hunt's?
    I do not consume ketchup...but if I were it would be French's.  French's mustard is the best.  
    Yellow mustard sucks.  Now I have my sister mail me Bertman's classic Cleveland Stadium Mustard a few times a year, but I think I'm an outlier there.  Heinz is the best ketchup.  I think I can safely speak for the world and say everyone thinks this but you.  I have a special gift that way.  One other person I know of shares a similar gift of infallible knowledge.  You might know him.  
    Not true.  My sister also uses French's as well.  So there is at least 2 of us...

You 2 will soon be concert buddies...lol...with the special gift you have.
    My statement can't be an exaggeration, so you must be lying.  The world is so easy for me.  
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    U.S.A.
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    There are 30+ ketchup choices at my grocery store. Even Heinz has a natural/organic option without all of the shit in it. And a salt free version, and a honey instead of sugar version, etc... So that meme is a little wonky. If people are still buying the sugary version, it is because they want to. We have plenty of options here.
    So, that picture still says something. Even if you can pick whatever. We also have different versions, including completely sugar free options. Doesn't take away from the point of the picture - you little corn syrup loving rascals leading the obesity league. 
    Yes, that picture says that they took an exceptionally limited view of the food options we have in this country and used their biased editorial opinion to select one of hundreds of options to use in a meme to produce some sort of emotion or reaction, whether that be acceptance and bias confirmation from you, or an argument from me. So job well done on the meme, which provides no useful information. 
    It is still the same product offered from two different countries, and shows a huge difference. Obviously it says something. Whatever other options you do have. Like every country has options. 

Obesity league extraordinaire. 
    Choice is a great thing. This country is diverse. There are parts of the country where obesity is rampant due to many factors from lack of exercise to poor choices when purchasing ketchup, to lack of education. What are you suggesting with this tangent anyway? That based on ketchup ingredients, the UK is preferable to the US when it comes to a decision about where to live?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Do I get a bumper sticker if I vote on this?  I'm only in it for the bumper sticker.
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    Do I get a bumper sticker if I vote on this?  I'm only in it for the bumper sticker.
    Then yes, of course you do. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:

This is the bumper sticker...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:

:lol:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:

Genius... I hand my crown over to you.  Speak for us all henceforth!  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,237
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    There are 30+ ketchup choices at my grocery store. Even Heinz has a natural/organic option without all of the shit in it. And a salt free version, and a honey instead of sugar version, etc... So that meme is a little wonky. If people are still buying the sugary version, it is because they want to. We have plenty of options here.
    So, that picture still says something. Even if you can pick whatever. We also have different versions, including completely sugar free options. Doesn't take away from the point of the picture - you little corn syrup loving rascals leading the obesity league. 
    Yes, that picture says that they took an exceptionally limited view of the food options we have in this country and used their biased editorial opinion to select one of hundreds of options to use in a meme to produce some sort of emotion or reaction, whether that be acceptance and bias confirmation from you, or an argument from me. So job well done on the meme, which provides no useful information. 
    It is still the same product offered from two different countries, and shows a huge difference. Obviously it says something. Whatever other options you do have. Like every country has options. 

Choice is a great thing. This country is diverse. There are parts of the country where obesity is rampant due to many factors from lack of exercise to poor choices when purchasing ketchup, to lack of education. What are you suggesting with this tangent anyway? That based on ketchup ingredients, the UK is preferable to the US when it comes to a decision about where to live?
    It was a "lagom" tounge-in-cheek response to @brianlux . And I would imagine he would get that., because he likes Neil Young. I do understand the US is diverse - I mean it's your number one fall back together with "so big". 

And I don't think anyone would decide where to live because of ketchup (But I do think ketchup is a good example if you want to get a hint of the differences in the bottom baseline for food quality).
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    U.S.A.
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

It was a "lagom" tounge-in-cheek response to @brianlux . And I would imagine he would get that., because he likes Neil Young. I do understand the US is diverse - I mean it's your number one fall back together with "so big". 

And I don't think anyone would decide where to live because of ketchup (But I do think ketchup is a good example if you want to get a hint of the differences in the bottom baseline for food quality).
    SC, have you ever been to the U.S.? 
  • Options
    Canada
    bbiggs said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Yes I have
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

I’m not sure about that.  Yes, we use high fructose corn syrup more prevalently due to its availability (produced in the US), but the UK also puts it in many of their products.  Neither source of sugar is great for you, btw.  That being said, there are numerous options with or without sugar that are just as readily available on the store shelves.  Is HFCS banned in Sweden?
    We have a ton of high quality food options, and a ton of junk food options...including fast food.  

• Options
    U.S.A.
    bbiggs said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Yes I have
    Just checking. I figured as much, given your deep level of knowledge of this country. Thanks for confirming. 
  • Options
    Canada
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Yes I have
    Just checking. I figured as much, given your deep level of knowledge of this country. Thanks for confirming. 
    Have you ever been in the rockband Pearl Jam?
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Yes I have
    Have you ever been in the rockband Pearl Jam?
    Nope. It came down to me or Boom and Boom won out. I’m still bitter about that. Damn Boom
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,245
    edited July 2019
    how does our local swedish guy feel about rapper A$AP Rocky being in a Swedish prison for 2 weeks, with no charges filed and the American Embassy trying to get involved?  Does the below seem fair?

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    pjhawks said:
    how does our local swedish guy feel about rapper A$AP Rocky being in a Swedish prison for 2 weeks, with no charges filed and the American Embassy trying to get involved?  is this the actions of a fair country?
    Lets wait for Leif GW Perssons comments on it, like any reasonable swede - okey?

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    how does our local swedish guy feel about rapper A$AP Rocky being in a Swedish prison for 2 weeks, with no charges filed and the American Embassy trying to get involved?  is this the actions of a fair country?
    Lets wait for Leif GW Perssons comments on it, like any reasonable swede - okey?
    so you can trash our country but refuse to comment on a situation in your own country? come on dude. what is your thoughts?
  • Options
    Canada
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    so you can trash our country but refuse to comment on a situation in your own country? come on dude. what is your thoughts?

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

neither do i but what does that have to do with your judicial system?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

So what is the problem with our judicial system?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

did you read the article i posted? 2 weeks in jail with no charges, terrible conditions, no guests without guards present.  does the situation sound ok to you?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

did you read the article i posted? 2 weeks in jail with no charges, terrible conditions, no guests without guards present.  does the situation sound ok to you?
    You mean these "terrible conditions" his manager or whatever posted about? About not getting "life-sustaining food"?

Yes. Sounds like Sweden alright! I bet he was Guantanamo bay:d in custody. Funny you take the guys managers PR spin as fact - what is the reason for that?

I don't know about the specifics - like why he would have restrictions concerning visits, and I get that you, his PR manager and Nicki Minaj want to try to shade Sweden over this. It's kind of funny actually.

And what is your point about being arrested and in custody with no charges? That is how it works. Or what do you mean? You think it is something some swedes decided to do just for fun and said "fuck the law!" ? How doers it work in the US?

But yeah, using "terrible conditions" to describe Swedish custody is kind of funny coming from someone in the US.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    Should be said that his own laywer has said that he was treated correctly in custody.

And he was arrested and put in custody with the reason of "fear of escaping" during the investigation. This was appealed by his lawyer in two "higher bodies" but they got turned down.

But you believe his managers PR spin on instagram to rile up TMZ readers instead... because, why?

and would gladly take your information on how the law works and in what ways the situation would be "not ok"?
  • Options
    Canada
    Lets all be happy this didn't happen in the US. Because then I guess it would have been a 50/50 chans the cops would have shot him dead. Him being black and all.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    Rule of Law index. 

The World Justice Project Rule of Law Index is an quantitative assessment tool designed to offer a detailed and comprehensive picture of the extent to which countries adhere to the rule of law in practice. The Index provides data on eight dimensions of the rule of law: limited government powers; absence of corruption; order and security; fundamental rights; open government; regulatory enforcement; civil justice; and criminal justice.

Sweden: 4

USA: 20

Lucky him, he got arrested in Sweden and not the US. Look another statistic where the "greatest experiment/country/nation under god" isn't close to the top. But yes - diverse and big. And profits for the 1%.

• Options
    U.S.A.
    I figured there would be due process laws  but maybe the base legal system is more Nuremberg code rather than the Magna Carta. Disgusting. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,722
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Heinz sucks big time...
    What?  Do you use Hunt's?
    I do not consume ketchup...but if I were it would be French's.  French's mustard is the best.  
    Yellow mustard sucks.  Now I have my sister mail me Bertman's classic Cleveland Stadium Mustard a few times a year, but I think I'm an outlier there.  Heinz is the best ketchup.  I think I can safely speak for the world and say everyone thinks this but you.  I have a special gift that way.  One other person I know of shares a similar gift of infallible knowledge.  You might know him.  
    Excuse me? Would you have any Grey Poupon?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    I figured there would be due process laws  but maybe the base legal system is more Nuremberg code rather than the Magna Carta. Disgusting. 
    Cute how one can really see all of the reaching you have to do to find something to post with this little fabricated outrage of yours.

Let's repeat:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:
    Cute how one can really see all of the reaching you have to do to find something to post with this little fabricated outrage of yours.

Let's repeat:

Who's outraged? That's not my shtick.  I just don't understand how a person can be held in detention for two weeks during "investigation". No bail hearing? No privileged conversations with an attorney or consulate? Is this standard in Sweden or only because he's black?
    I kid cuz I care..
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
This discussion has been closed.