Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Hi! said:
    Apparently a 10 point drop for Biden. I think he’ll maintain 1st though. I think it would be interesting if Harris would be able to rise to 2nd and maintain that. Biden/ Harris 2020? I have a hard time believing they’re gonna keep going after Biden on these race issues. They’ve made their points, time to move on. IDK
    Why do you say ten point drop? I don't recall seeing Biden in the 40s. 
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Apparently a 10 point drop for Biden. I think he’ll maintain 1st though. I think it would be interesting if Harris would be able to rise to 2nd and maintain that. Biden/ Harris 2020? I have a hard time believing they’re gonna keep going after Biden on these race issues. They’ve made their points, time to move on. IDK
    I could be wrong, I just was referencing from this article.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/450958-10-percent-fewer-democrats-say-theyd-vote-for-biden-after-first-debate-poll%3Famp

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    I could be wrong, I just was referencing from this article.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/450958-10-percent-fewer-democrats-say-theyd-vote-for-biden-after-first-debate-poll%3Famp
    No you're right, according to that article.  I had never seen that poll.  Huge sample though. Not surprising that Harris was the beneficiary of the drop.  I think if her as a mainline Democrat,  so her support is going to come from Biden voters, whereas Sanders and Warren are in the same lane. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    American family on the airport discussing Harris and Biden. 

I think Harris is the frontrunner. Nowmatter what the polls say. Harris is coming for that top spot. 

I like Harris. Of course I'd vote for her.

But her performance makes me like her less.

If she keeps taking meaningless cheap shots its 4 more years  

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    ya gotta focus that energy on the opposition. 
    the opposition ISN'T Joe Biden.  he's a friend.

They all need to pump their brakes a tad.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

I think Harris is the frontrunner. Nowmatter what the polls say. Harris is coming for that top spot. 

Me too.  I'm disappointed in the shot she took at him.  Of course that's why she jumped 10 points.  Sigh...

Good headline though.  The Democrats can take a winning issue like immigration, and turn it into a loser, as evidenced above.  JHC.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mrussel1 said:

Me too.  I'm disappointed in the shot she took at him.  Of course that's why she jumped 10 points.  Sigh...

Good headline though.  The Democrats can take a winning issue like immigration, and turn it into a loser, as evidenced above.  JHC.  
    100% agree.  What the hell are they thinking?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Not only what were the candidates thinking, what were the moderators thinking asking that as a “raise your hand if you’re in favor” question? I thought everything about those two nights, from the amount of candidates, to the questions they were asked, to the answers they gave, were to the detriment of the democrats. I think most people’s major takeaways were Biden seems old and uninspired....and these people really, really like illegal immigrants. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Not only what were the candidates thinking, what were the moderators thinking asking that as a “raise your hand if you’re in favor” question? I thought everything about those two nights, from the amount of candidates, to the questions they were asked, to the answers they gave, were to the detriment of the democrats. I think most people’s major takeaways were Biden seems old and uninspired....and these people really, really like illegal immigrants. 
    Sounds like you watched Bill Maher last night?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't get it either.  Affordable health care, heck yeah.  Free health care for illegal immigrants?  Huh?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Sounds like you watched Bill Maher last night?

I didn’t. I‘m guessing he said the same thing? As did thousands of others probably. I thought it couldn’t have gone any worse. The Spanish-speaking contest on night one being the most laughable. And the notion of giving illegals free healthcare the most damning. Yeah...that’ll beat Trump. Lol. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't get it either.  Affordable health care, heck yeah.  Free health care for illegal immigrants?  Huh?
    I honestly cannot believe how dumb and tone deaf they still are. Finding a way to lose 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I honestly cannot believe how dumb and tone deaf they still are. Finding a way to lose 
    It’s like they’re doubling down on what lost in 2016. Hillary was sympathetic to illegals, so how can we go further? Free health care! Though I think at least one or two of those people that raised their hands didn’t want to. But they were in a tough spot of either going with the crowd, or going against it and being labeled some sort of racist for not wanting to give illegal immigrants free health care. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Scarborough called it what it was... a clown show.  Here's the other thing that vexes me.  There's this 'thought' that even the NYT and MSNBC has bought into, that the party is radically left.  I don't believe it is.  I think the loudest voices are hard left and it's pulling both the candidates and the media that way, to the chagrin of me and I'm sure many US Democrats here on the board.  

I mean, here we are, the actual voting Democrats on the board of a liberal band like PJ.com, and we all seem to be in shock.  The people here that seem to  gravitate to the policies of the very progressive wing are our friends from Canada, Australia and Europe.  I mean no disrespect to them, but the point is that every time I see an opinion from someone that I know is in the US, it's much closer to the moderate position than the hard progressive.  I'm very, very worried because these candidates are not representing mainstream views.  
  • Options
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/450841-scarborough-apologizes-for-disaster-after-2020-democratic

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough called the second night of the first 2020 Democratic debates a “disaster for the Democratic Party” and said that he hopes voters were not watching the face-off, which aired on his network.

"With apologies to our friends and watching, last night was a disaster for the Democratic Party," Scarborough said Friday on "Morning Joe." "My only hope is people were not watching and I will tell you why."

He went on to jab the candidates for criticizing each other instead of focusing their ire on President Trump.

“So they’re lined up in trench warfare, ready to get out of the trenches and charge Donald Trump. Instead, they all turn their guns on each other and shoot each other, and everybody is yelling at each other all night,” Scarborough said Friday morning.

“If you’re an American and this is your introduction to these candidates and the Democratic Party, and all you see are 12 people yelling at each other, trying to interrupt each other, insulting each other, you’re like, ‘You know what. I thought Donald Trump was a clown show. I’m changing the channel.'” 

Scarborough called former Vice President Joe Biden’s performance one of “the most disturbing debate performances” he had seen, and questioned Biden for sticking closely to the debate’s rules and not focusing more specifically on issues in his answers.

“It was one of those moments where you’re going, 'My God, is he going to complete his sentence?'” Scarborough asked.

The host also accused Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) of not preparing for the debate and recycling tactics he used when he debated former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during the 2016 Democratic presidential primary.

“Bernie Sanders was yelling all night. Bernie Sanders didn’t prepare for the debate,” Scarborough said. “It showed because he basically gave the same debate performances this year that he gave four years ago. It may have worked when it was Bernie Sanders against Hillary Clinton. It did not work last night.”

Scarborough also criticized the Democratic candidates for adopting a slate of progressive policy platforms, including decriminalizing border crossings and providing health insurance through a public option to undocumented immigrants, suggesting that they would not be able to beat Trump with that focus.

“It was a bad sign for me, as someone who desperately wants to see Donald Trump taken out of office,” Scarborough said.

He slammed Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) for calling out Biden on his history of opposing the policy of busing black students to predominately white schools. One of the most heated moments of the debate came as the California senator attacked Biden's record on civil rights.

Scarborough said the “overwhelming majority of Americans” oppose busing as a means of integrating American schools. Fifty-nine percent of Americans opposed school busing in 2009, according to the Pew Research Center.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Right, no free healthcare for US citizens, but let's go to bat for the undocumented immigrants to have free health care.  That's a winner right there.  Shame on NBC for asking a stupid question and bigger shame on all of the candidates for being too ball-less to say..wtf are you talking about?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Right, no free healthcare for US citizens, but let's go to bat for the undocumented immigrants to have free health care.  That's a winner right there.  Shame on NBC for asking a stupid question and bigger shame on all of the candidates for being too ball-less to say..wtf are you talking about?
    This moment is going to come up over and over again over the next year and a half. The gop must still be salivating.  

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    what did I miss?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What was interesting in the debate was Biden didn’t even seem to want to raise his hand , but seemed to kind of half throw it up at last second when he realized everyone else was. The moderator kind of called him out on it as well, and if I remember correctly, he just kind of eluded to hospitals not denying people care, and being humane to human beings, not you get free healthcare, or you get to pick a gold plan off the exchange with free massages.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    to answer a question from last week. Individual tribes have their own methods or standards for who is native or not. Given the number of active tribes, its insulting in my opinion to make such a claim independent of tribal approval.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Why Many Native Americans Are Angry With Elizabeth Warren
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-dna-test.html

She is not Native America.  She is a lawyer, doing what lawyers do best...lie.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I can name another candidate who lies waaaaaaay more often. 

Again with this? An article from last year? Who really gives a shit?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

How awesome would it be if warren broke into some Cherokee During the next debates?!?! Spanish what?!
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    what did I miss?
    My man is back!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

How awesome would it be if warren broke into some Cherokee During the next debates?!?! Spanish what?!
    LOL...I'd still think she's a fraud...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Why are we talking about the native American thing again? Did I miss something?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my absence.

I just had to reply... didnt see what I felt to be a pertinent response. then Meltdown backed that up with the article from last October.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    my absence.

I just had to reply... didnt see what I felt to be a pertinent response. then Meltdown backed that up with the article from last October.
    Im going to invite you to check out the US soccer page if you're looking for a good laugh.  Welcome back my friend. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    my absence.

What she said is relevant.  It goes to credibility.  What kind of fraud needs to lie about their heritage...is she ashamed of being white?  If she is, she should say so...

If she is native american...then prove it through what native Americans consider an acceptable protocol...

Does not matter, she will not get the nod...Biden will still win it...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    my absence.

What she said is relevant.  It goes to credibility.  What kind of fraud needs to lie about their heritage...is she ashamed of being white?  If she is, she should say so...

If she is native american...then prove it through what native Americans consider an acceptable protocol...

Does not matter, she will not get the nod...Biden will still win it...

I dont think the Ds can really afford to lose any of those voices in the Senate. Too strong in their areas of expertise

This discussion has been closed.